PDA

View Full Version : What happened? Vikes injury report.

Prophet
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
What happened? (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=228)
Thursday, October 26th, 2006

A day after listing a modest four players on their injury report, Vikings coach Brad Childress doubled the amount following Thursday’s practice. This could in response to the fact New England coach Bill Belichick is listing 13 players on his injury report for Monday’s game at the Metrodome.

Here is the new Vikings injury report:

WR Marcus Robinson, lower back, remains questionable (50 percent chance of playing)

RG Artis Hicks, neck, is added as questionable

RT Marcus Johnson, ankle, is added as questionable

DE Kenechi Udeze, hip, is added as questionable

NT Pat Williams, foot, is added as questionable

WR Bethel Johnson, hamstring, remains probable (virtual certainty)

WR Travis Taylor, concussion, remains probable

WR Troy Williamson, concussion, is downgraded to from probable to questionable

Robinson, Hicks, Marcus Johnson, Udeze, Williams, Bethel Johnson, Taylor and Williamson all missed a portion of practice.

The Patriots list of 13 includes: LB Don Davis (lower leg, questionable); RB Kevin Faulk (ankle, questionable); TE Daniel Graham (ankle, questionable); CB Ellis Hobbs (wrist, questionable); G Ross Hochstein (knee, questionable); T Nick Kaczur (shoulder, questionable); DL Richard Seymour (elbow, questionable); G Stephen Neal (shoulder, questionable); DL Ty Warren (shoulder, questionable); DB Eugene Wilson (hamstring, questionable); DB Willie Andrews (thigh, probable); QB Tom Brady (right shoulder, probable);CB Antwain Spann (shoulder, probable).

RK.
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
A little tit for tat going on I see.
The Pats are famous for listing "questionable" players I understand.

Vikes_King
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
holy...............jesus

both udeze & pat are hurting? =( that explains why they brought in all of those DL's to practice with us..... but... bethel hurt too? 4 WR's!?!?!?! wtf is that

O_O

mr.woo
10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
a lot of times people listed as questionable already know if there gonna play or not but the team does that so the opponent cant really gameplan for them

thevikingfan
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
the only person that has been rules out is marcus robinson but i think this is a ploy by childress so its harder to gameplan

Braddock
10-27-2006, 02:45 AM
I hope every single one of them play, including Williamson.

singersp
10-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Viking notes: Childress mimics Belichick by manipulating injury report (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/769559.html)

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: October 26, 2006 – 9:03 PM

singersp
10-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Posted on Fri, Oct. 27, 2006

Break from the usual (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15859290.htm)

Vikings limit practice, add to injury report

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Brad Childress likes to say that every game counts the same.

But some subtleties at Winter Park suggest the Vikings recognize the importance of Monday's game against the New England Patriots.

First, the Vikings altered and limited the access of reporters to practices this week, most notably for Saturday's practice — a Friday during a normal week — when nearly all of practice usually is open. Instead, reporters will be allowed to view only 30 minutes.

Second, the Vikings added four players to the injury report as questionable, perhaps a countermove to Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who is well-known for making a mockery of the injury report.

For instance, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been listed on the injury report this entire season and for most of his career. But Brady has the third-longest streak (95) of consecutive starts among quarterbacks, behind only Brett Favre (247) and Peyton Manning (143).

The Patriots have 13 players on the injury report, including seven starters. Ten players are listed as questionable, which means there is a 50-50 chance they will play.

The Vikings added defensive end Kenechi Udeze (hip), defensive tackle Pat Williams (foot), guard Artis Hicks (neck) and tackle Marcus Johnson (ankle) to the injury report. Each missed part of practice Thursday.

But indications are each of those starters is in line to resume his normal duties, although Hicks did seem to be enduring some discomfort with his neck.

Childress was upset about the coverage of receiver Marcus Robinson, who has been listed as questionable, although indications are he could miss a couple of games. Childress said Robinson was in Chicago, getting a second opinion.

Players have been instructed by Childress not to talk about injuries, citing the need to have a competitive advantage as the Patriots prepare a game plan.

Receiver Bethel Johnson was taken aback when informed he was listed as having a hamstring injury, and he kept insisting he's "fine."

"I don't know why they got me on the injury report," he said. "I'm practicing every day."

Receiver Troy Williamson was downgraded to questionable, and he missed part of practice after fully participating in a shortened session Wednesday.

Williamson passed concussion tests on Monday and is optimistic he can resume his usual role in the offense.

As for the Patriots, the most concerning injuries are to tight end Daniel Graham (ankle), defensive end Richard Seymour (elbow) and safety Eugene Wilson (hamstring).

Birk honored: Vikings center Matt Birk was selected by teammates as the winner of the Ed Block Courage award for rebounding from his hip and sports hernia injuries in 2005.

"I mean, it's an award I'm probably not worthy of," Birk said, "but I humbly accept it."

Birk downplayed his return, noting that it's not "real adversity."

Sean Jensen can be reached at sjensen@pioneerpress.com.

Prophet
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Viking notes: Childress mimics Belichick by manipulating injury report (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/769559.html)

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: October 26, 2006 – 9:03 PM

This is the first thing I thought of when I ran across the injury report.

AngloVike
10-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Sounds like Childress is giving Belichick a dose of his own medicine and why not? If the Pats thinks it wil work for them then no reason why it can't be used back on them.

whackthepack
10-27-2006, 09:20 AM
This is just a case of giving Belichick a taste of his own medicine!
Bethel Johnson has even said that he didn't hurt his hamstring and and the only person to miss practice yesterday was Marcus Johnson.

BloodyHorns82
10-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Sounds fair to me, although I'm sure Belichick recognizes this ploy and will ignore most of our report.
(Although Childress will likely do the same).
Can't wait for the game.
I hope its a nail biter up to the end with no Minnesota injuries.

ballhog27
10-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Belichik has a brilliant strategy but I think to many NFL coaches caught on. I mean the injury report gives your team an idea of how to play the opponent and I really think that we might as well list other people as probable for sh*ts and giggles. Like Dimitrius Underwood is Questionable for the game with a stab wound to the neck, Rich Gannon is doubtful as he is retired, Denny Green is probable but Irrate and Daunte Culpepper is out with a case of Pussitis

Freya
10-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Ahh, yes. When in Rome and so forth.

I think it's great!

ChezPizmo
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Posted on Fri, Oct. 27, 2006

Break from the usual (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15859290.htm)

For instance, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been listed on the injury report this entire season and for most of his career. But Brady has the third-longest streak (95) of consecutive starts among quarterbacks, behind only Brett Favre (247) and Peyton Manning (143).

:o
Wow. Never knew that.
Buy hey, Belichick wouldn't do it if it didn't work. He is the best coach.

Man I'm pumped for Monday. 8)

Prophet
10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Today's report from KFFL:

Minnesota Vikings

Offense

--WR Marcus Robinson: Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson (back) missed practice Thursday, Oct. 26 to get a second opinion on his injury in Chicago. He is not expected to play in the game but is listed as questionable.

--WR Travis Taylor: Minnesota Vikings WR Travis Taylor (concussion) is listed as probable for the Week 8 game.

--WR Bethel Johnson: Minnesota Vikings WR Bethel Johnson (hamstring) is listed as probable for the Week 8 game.

--WR Troy Williamson: Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (concussion) has been downgraded to questionable for the Week 8 game, but he is expected to play.

--OG Artis Hicks: Minnesota Vikings OG Artis Hicks (neck) has been added to the team's injury report as questionable for Week 8, but he is expected to play.

--OT Marcus Johnson: Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson (ankle) has been added to the team's injury report as questionable for Week 8, but he is expected to play.

Defense

--DL Pat Williams: Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (foot) has been added to the team's injury report as questionable for Week 8, but he is expected to play.

--DL Kenechi Udeze: Minnesota Vikings DL Kenechi Udeze (hip) has been added to the team's injury report as questionable for Week 8, but he is expected to play.

New England Patriots

Offense

--QB Tom Brady: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (shoulder) practiced Thursday, Oct. 26 and is probable for the Week 8 game.

--RB Kevin Faulk: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots RB Kevin Faulk (ankle) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--TE Daniel Graham: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots TE Daniel Graham (ankle) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--C Nick Kaczur: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots OT Nick Kaczur (shoulder) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--OG Stephen Neal: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots OG Stephen Neal (shoulder) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--OG Russ Hochstein: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots OG Russ Hochstein (knee) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

Defense

--DL Richard Seymour: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots DL Richard Seymour (elbow) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game. Seymour has been wearing a wrap on his elbow during practice and will likely wear a brace if he plays in the game.

--DL Ty Warren: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots DL Ty Warren (shoulder) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--LB Don Davis: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots LB Don Davis (leg) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--CB Antwain Spann: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots CB Antwain Spann (shoulder) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--CB Ellis Hobbs: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots CB Ellis Hobbs (wrist) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--CB Willie Andrews: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots CB Willie Andrews (thigh) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

--FS Eugene Wilson: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots S Eugene Wilson (hamstring) missed a portion of practice Thursday, Oct. 26 and is questionable for the Week 8 game.

Previous Updates

Offense

--TE David Thomas: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots TE Daniel Graham (ankle) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Oct. 25 and is questionable for Week 8. TE David Thomas could get more playing time if Graham is unable to play.

Defense

--DL Jarvis Green: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots DL Richard Seymour (elbow) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Oct. 25 and is questionable for Week 8. DL Jarvis Green might start in Seymour's place if he is unable to play.

--CB Artrell Hawkins: Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots S Eugene Wilson (hamstring) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Oct. 25 and is questionable for Week 8. S Artrell Hawkins will start in Wilson's place if he is unable to play.

singersp
10-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Childress states case about injury report (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/773196.html)

Vikings coach Brad Childress defended his reasons for doubling the number of players on his injury report this week and denied it had anything to do with New England coach Bill Belichick listing 13 players as being hurt.

Star Tribune
Last update: October 28, 2006 – 6:31 PM

Click the above link to read more.