PDA

View Full Version : World's Biggest Patriot Fan Here.....

NEM
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
First, let me say that I am not here to troll.

I am 67 years old and have been a Pats fans since their very first day back in 1960. I had season seats for 28 years, until 1988, when I moved here, to Arizona.

I am the founder, the first president, and the President Emeritus of the New England Patriots Fan Club Of Arizona.

I rarely visit the forums of other teams, but someone posted this site on our message board, PatsFans.com so I thought I would pay a visit.

I am
alittle busy right now, so don't have time to talk about the upcoming game, but will return later for, some conversation.

But, for now...how do I put up an avatar, or a signature.
This forum is quite different from the others I am involved in and I
am having a little difficult time navigating it. Probably the beginning of senility. ;D

BadlandsVikings
10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
welcome to the site

I hope you win all your games except the next one.

WBLVikeBabe
10-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the site, look forward to chatting with you about the upcoming game.
And you'll have to stick around for awhile to get a signature from one of our sig artists.
Hope you enoy it here!

vikes2456
10-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome, I've actually grown a small liking for the Patriots, mostly Bruschi... But lets hope for something we both can agree on, a good game with no injuries.

shockzilla
10-24-2006, 10:03 PM
First, let me welcome you as a Patriots fan to the biggest and BEST Vikings fan site in the world!

It's always nice to have opposing teams fans visit our site, so we can talk about the upcoming game, life, give each other crap, etc.

As far as the signature and avatar go, go here:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=9064.0

for all the information you need.

Good luck and welcome, and hope to see you around so we can BS about Monday's game!!

Shockzilla

NEM
10-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the Welcomes.
This is a good looking site but, at this time, I am having a little difficulty negotiating it, especially trying to figure out how to get my avatar up.

Anyway, I too am looking for a great game Monday, and, of course, another Pats win.... but if we do win, lets hope it is your LAST loss.

It will be the return of Laurence Maroney to Minnesota.
I think that we got the BEST running back in the draft, that it is NOT Reggie Bush.

Maroney has been next to being unbelievable thus far, both as a RB and a kick returner.

He may, in time, be the best running back in Patritos history.

I hope
he does will in front of a lot of his friends Monday night.

Right now we are at the best shape of the season as far as wide receivers go.
We lost two good ones in free agency, but I thinkthat the ones that are replacing them are even better.

Rookie Chad Jackson has been nursing a hamstring since training camp but made his first start last Sunday and took home a long TD pass from Brady.

Doug Gabriel, who we stole from the Raiders a couple of weeks ago noiw is comfortable with Brady and had a TD pass too. No one can understand how the Raiders let him go.

And we picked up Jabbar Gaffney and he has now had two weeks to work into the system, and the other necomer Reche Caldwell..all to go with the every steady Troy Brown, who gets better with age.

Maroney and Dillon make a great pair of RB's and I dont think I have to say anything about Tom Brady.

The offensive line is young, but experienced and does a great job of protecting Brady, who, BTW, has uncanny pocket presence.

Defensively, we are getting better and better each week, and now have given up the third fewest points in the NFl, only behind Denver and Chicago.

We made a great steal in Junior Seau who plays alongside Ted Bruschi now...
Seau is hungry for a Super Bowl ring and came out of retirement cause he thinks he has a shot at one with the Pats.

I dont know much about the Vikings, but I respect them, especially at home in the Dome, and with a QB that has the know how, and ecperience of Johnson, anything can happen.

In either case
I hope there are
no injuries and that it is a good game.. but to me a good game is one in which the Pats score the first 28 points and coast home.

;D

BTW, here in Arizona they have Denny Green.....I am sure that you guys dont miss him.
I think he's a loser.

http://xs102.xs.to/xs102/06241/NEM.gif

i_bleed_purple
10-24-2006, 10:32 PM
welcome to the site, hope to see you back soon for come conversation

"WVV" wrote:

welcome to the site

I hope you win all your games except the next one.

and of course the superbowl (we all konw who's going to take that one) ;)

cajunvike
10-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I doubt that your Patsies will score 28 on us...but there is a first time for everything.
We boast the #7 defense in the league right now (#1 against the run) and our offense is getting better every week (we have the #2 rusher in the league in Chester Taylor).

Sorry to say it but I hate every team from the Boston area...something to do with my personal experience of the arrogance of the majority of the fans there (though there are exceptions like yourself).
I certainly hope that we win this game and think that we do have a good chance to do so.
I do hope that both teams come out of it injury-free but that my team is the victor.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the banter this week. ;)

snowinapril
10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Welcome, to the site.

As a Pats Fan, you have a lot to be happy about the last few years with the SuperBowls and all.

I am hoping that we will put a monkey wrench in that happiness for atleast one week.

Ltrey33
10-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the site! I look forward to hearing your comments leading up to the game. Good luck (but not too much
;D)

DustinDupont
10-24-2006, 11:58 PM
okay... for you saying jackson and gabriel are better then branch thats crazy.. yeah they both had td catches but comon jackson cuaght one ball... but maroney is amazing but is gonna have a hard time against are d and so is dillion... but the one guy the pats shouldnt have traded last year was bethel johnson cuz his coming out next week and gonna have a huge game... watch for a cuople huge plays by him and then well just wear down that d with are steady o and come out witha victory

CynicalVike
10-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Welcome!!

Hope you like us as much come Tuesday as you do today!! ;D

I agree with you too,....Maroney was the best RB in the last draft. I just wish we could have gotten him.

Enjoy your stay with us, and I promise you when you leave, you'll think of us as the best fans you ever met.......well, besides maybe your own. ;)

thevikingfan
10-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Welcome!It has taken the pats fans a while to find their way to our site.Anyway i think you guys got the best rb in the draft.I was hoping that we would get him but we got chester and im not complaining! ;DThis game is gonna be awesome!Im a little worried that tom brady has never lost in a dome b4 but all thing must come to an end and hopefully it happens this week!

NEM
10-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I honestly think that as this season goes on, and these receivers get more on the page with Brady, they will actually be better than Branch and Givens.

Branch is a good receiver but I think Jackson will eclipse him
as he plays more and more.
Jackson has more height than Branch.
Branch also has been very injury prone.

Gabriel looks like the real deal.
Most of the writers in Oakland were shocked that the Raiders let him go as they had him penned in ahead of Porter and right behind Moss.

He too has some good height.

Gaffney had great credentials but hasnt fully lived up to his press clippings YET.

The key is Tom Brady...he makes average receivers better, and good receivers, he makes them great.

David Givens, for example, wont have as much success without Tom.
Tom , IMO, made Givens
a better receiver than what he actually is.

Maroney had been nothing short of spectacular.

I cant even put into words the excitement he generates almost every time he touches the ball.
I have been watching NFL football for almost 50 years and I have never seen anything quite like him.

Unfortunately, I really dont know much about the Vikings, seeing as they are NFC and most of the time I spend watching AFC teams to keep up with who is where, and the race for playoff spots, home field advantage, etc.

I am gld that you guys won last Sunday in Seattle because I certainly wouldnt want to face the Vikes if they had lost and then to come home in front of their fans knowing that they cant lose another one.

As usually is the case, the Pats just dont seem to get much respect...but all they seem to do is win.

It has been a great run for us these past years.
I believe that it can,and will,k still continue for a few more years, especially as long as Belichick stays with the team.

For me, being a fan as long as I have, since the beginning, and going through all of those long and rough seasons....this has been special.

Iamnot one that believes in the word "dynasty" and quite frankly, I didnt like it when they started using the word to describe the Patriots.

There are good teams, and there are bad teams, and right now we are a good team.
That will not always be the case.

But for now, because I have been with this team for so long, it is a great feeling.

I know that you guys have yet to win a Super Bowl, even though you have been there, I believe four times....

Let me tell you this, when you do win your first one, and some day it WILL happen, it will be an experience that you will never forget, never.

I'll pop in here, now and then, to keep up with what is going on in Viking Ville....

And who knows, we may meet again in February, in Miami.
I would like that.

http://xs102.xs.to/xs102/06241/NEM.gif

BTW, NEM stands for New England Mike.

When I arrived in Arizona, in 1988, I began calling many local sports talk programs on the radio.
Out here, in Phoenix, there are many,many people from all over the USA.
They come here to live because of the weather.

And most of them have retained their loyalties to the teams they rooted for back in their home towns.

Many have nicknames.
Dodger Mike, Viking George, Green Bay Doug, and me New England Mike...and many others....

One of the radio hosts that I got to know quite well began calling me NEM, and it has stuck since then..and I use it on all my internet message boards, etc... I have become quite infamous in Arizona, and on the internet...if I say so myself.
Sometimes not to good though... :D

Cardinal
fans hate me because I tell it like it is, and they dont like that, so they ban me..... :D
I find Cardinal fans to be quite naive... But, I feel for them, too...a long history of suffering.

Vikes
10-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard!
;D ;D ;D

thevikingfan
10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
NEM

Best fan from another team ever!

digital420
10-25-2006, 02:27 AM
i have been posting over the last few days on some pats boards.. i usually find at least 1 board from another team and do some posts.. This was the first I used my normal nic.. and have been suprised on the mostly unbiased discussions we've been having.

i really am not that suprised that L.Mar. is doing great over there, he was a beast for the UofM and i knew he would be something special in the NFL.

good luck with the rest of the season. and i'd really enjoy a good SB or the pats vs vikings!!

DiGiTaL

UndisputedVike
10-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Welcome to the site!

While I won't go into much detail or predict anything as I never do, this will be an extremely hard game simply because of Tom Brady, I mean the guy scares me and I don't even have to play him.

Fact of the matter is we have some shotty CB's Whitaker has given up big play after big play while Smoot and Griffin are very inconsistent and Winfield really isn't much of a cover corner but is without a doubt our best CB. If the Pat's don't get their running game going, Brady has a high probability to pick us apart.

AngloVike
10-25-2006, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the board NEM, good to hear views from our opponents for this weeks game.
Always had respect for Patriots fans and especially those who go way back and have been through the lean times that they have had. So it was good to see them get success at last and for it to be more than a blip - unlike some teams!
Look forward to seeing pop in during the week - and be sure to keep telling those Cardinal fans how it is.

cogitans
10-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the site NEM.

I'm looking forward to this monday night game, but I'm affraid of what will come out of it.

I believe there are two keys to the game:

1. The Patriots have recievers that can catch, and Brady will have a shot at picking our zone defense to pieces.

2. We'll have trouble establishing our run game against your defense. It'll be tough getting around the corner, so I think the key will get succes on the inside between Hutch and Birk.

All in all I see an advantage New England, but we're at home, and it'll be loud inside the dome.

I predict a close game, and it could - as so often before - be desided on turnovers.

singersp
10-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the site NEM.

To add an avatar, first on the left side of the site select "Your Account".

Then under "Modify Profile" select
"Forum Profile Information".

The first 3 options there are for your avatar. The top option is for choosing an already existing avatar from this site.

The second option is used if your avatar is being brought in from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.
You simply put in the HTTP address for the image.

The third option is for uploading an avatar from your hard drive.

When you have the one you want, select "Change Profile" at the bottom of the profile setting page.

The avatar you use must be no bigger than 80x80 and 6 KB's in size.

Hope that helps.

Prophet
10-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the board NEM!
It's great to see a fan that has stuck with his team through the thin times and that can finally baske in their glory days.

Tom Brady is the man.
He has silently risen through the ranks at QB and there are still many naysers saying it was the team, not Brady, that brought the Pats to all the titles.
There is some truth to that, but the QB is the field general and he has done a helluva job taking charge of games.
Like others have mentioned, my biggest concern is Brady picking apart the zone, I don't think Dillon or Maroney are going to have big days.

The Vikings will have to own the TOP for this to be a W.
Keep the gol 'darnit ball out of Brady's hands.

Belichick is my favorite current HC and who knows what he'll have up his sleeve.
I'm sure there's nothing any of us can say or think that he hasn't thought of already.
On the other hand, Childress is no slouch either....a rookie HC, but he has potential.
My mind may just be a little clouded over due to Meathead being the coach for the past few years, but I do have faith in Childress to put together a decent game plan.

Keep fighting the good fight, it's good to see that you're keeping the Cards fans honest and the radio talk show hosts honest.
You'll have to listen to and call into the 'Pillage and Plunder' radio show hosted by this site on Sunday evenings at 8 p.m. CST (see front page of site) and give the Patriots perspective.

Zeus
10-25-2006, 07:54 AM
"NEM" wrote:

I am the founder, the first president, and the President Emeritus of the New England Patriots Fan Club Of Arizona.

Welcome, NEM!
We're always glad to see fans of other teams who actually want to discuss the upcoming game rather than just scream and yell - and disappear after their team loses!

;D

=Z=

NEM
10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
It's possible that our pro bowl DL , Richard Seymour, might have to sit out this game with an injured hand.
Its not known yet.

However, his replacement, Jarvis Green, gets very little recognition because he doesnt play that often,but even with short time, he leads the team in sacks with, I believe, 4.

One of our weaknesses, IMO, is that our new OC is very very young, only 28 years old and I believe that he is still going through the learning process.

Lord knows I have tried to give him my help.
:D

But, now with all of the wide receivers in tact (last week was the first game all season they have played, except for Gaffney, and he will be redy this week)....the passing game should pick up, and with the threat of Maroney and Dillon, the Pats offense, IMO, is due for an explosive game.

BTW, one of our posters came up with a good nickname for the Dillon/Maroney combo...
he callse them
Dillaroni. :D

Sounds like a good pasta dish.

Anyway, if our offense really rounds into shape this Monday, I would hope that our OC takes advantage of what is, probably your weakest spot, the secondary.

In either case, this game can be won by either team...both are good teams and with you guys playing at home, that is a big plus for the Vikes.

NEM
10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Welcome to the site NEM.

To add an avatar, first on the left side of the site select "Your Account".

Then under "Modify Profile" select
"Forum Profile Information".

The first 3 options there are for your avatar. The top option is for choosing an already existing avatar from this site.

The second option is used if your avatar is being brought in from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.
You simply put in the HTTP address for the image.

The third option is for uploading an avatar from your hard drive.

When you have the one you want, select "Change Profile" at the bottom of the profile setting page.

The avatar you use must be no bigger than 80x80 and 6 KB's in size.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
I think I have it now.

NodakPaul
10-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the site NEM!
I have been over to PatsFan.com, and I have to say that I am impressed with the level of conversation taking place there.
So many fan sites just have delusional fans preaching their team up but not backing up their arguements with facts.
Or making excuses when they lose.
The Pat fans I have come across so far are above that.

This will be a great game on Monday.
The Pats are playing very well, and I agree that maroney is the best back to come out of this year's draft.

The game is going to be a difficult one for both sides.
Our run defense will make you one dimensional, forcing you to attack through the air, where we are more vulnerable.
Our ball control offense will keep your defense on the field, but is not the high scoring Minesota offense of yesteryear.
The crowd at the dome will be INSANE, which can mess with a lot of teams.
However, the Pats have been very disciplined on both sides of the ball this year, committing very little penalities.

I predict a 20-14 win for the Vikings.
Whatever happens, here's to a good game with no injuries.

NEM
10-25-2006, 08:37 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Welcome to the site NEM!
I have been over to PatsFan.com, and I have to say that I am impressed with the level of conversation taking place there.
So many fan sites just have delusional fans preaching their team up but not backing up their arguements with facts.
Or making excuses when they lose.
The Pat fans I have come across so far are above that.

This will be a great game on Monday.
The Pats are playing very well, and I agree that maroney is the best back to come out of this year's draft.

The game is going to be a difficult one for both sides.
Our run defense will make you one dimensional, forcing you to attack through the air, where we are more vulnerable.
Our ball control offense will keep your defense on the field, but is not the high scoring Minesota offense of yesteryear.
The crowd at the dome will be INSANE, which can mess with a lot of teams.
However, the Pats have been very disciplined on both sides of the ball this year, committing very little penalities.

I predict a 20-14 win for the Vikings.
Whatever happens, here's to a good game with no injuries.

In order to get our running game going...if I were calling the plays, of course.... I would open up with the quick short, and mid range passing game that Brady is very comfortable with.
I belive that we now have the solid group of receivers to accomplish this, plus Ben Watson a tight end with WR speed.

If we can get that going early, this would force your linebackers out of the box and, possibly, open up some of the gaps to get our running game in gear.

Both Maroney and Dillon have had outstanding seasons thus far and they compliment each other very well.

The presence of Marone is allowing Dillon to last longer...he gets breaks now as the two of them split the carries pretty close to 50/50
and this works out perfect for Dillon as his body is a little older now.

Getting Dillon from Cincy was one of the bigest steals ever.

The Pats, for some reason, seem to grab one aging player a year that is hungy for a title.
First Rodney Harrison, then Corey Dillon, and now this season, Junior Seau.
And they all begin toplay like youngsters again once they put onthat Pats uniform.
Must be the "fountain of youth in Foxboro.

These guys add more than their on field presence..they add a locker room attitude that just exudes confidence.

Anyway, Ihope we come out passing.
That is my style of game....but this year, we have the running game to compliment t.

I am a firm believer in that you must attack your opponents weakness and not play into their strength... that is why I would pass first, run second, against the Vikes.

Hell, I would even open up in the no huddle............

Prophet
10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
You mentioned your o-line being young.
What's up with your o-line this year?
I haven't followed them much.
The Pats have faced some formidable Ds against the Donkeys, Bungles, and Fish and have done well.
My guess is you will see something similar in your output as you did against the Donkeys.
Tomlin and the boys will be forcing hurries on Brady and hopefully a few sacks/Ints.
I agree with what the Pats need to do, but I'm sure that Tomlin sees that crystal ball too.
Damn, I'm excited for this game.

NodakPaul
10-25-2006, 08:51 AM
"NEM" wrote:

We have already seen that a no huddle offense on the opening drive can catch the Vikings D off guard.
This team is about making adjustments throughout the game, and the no huddle makes that difficult.
But a team can't run the no huddle all night, and Tomlin is very good at making second half adjustments on defense.

Your strategy of opening up with short to medium passes is a fairly sound one, and this is what I expect the Pats to do.
However, our run defense isn't built around loading up the box.
Our front four can be stiffling by themselves.
Your OL needs to be able to keep them off the QB long enough for a reciever or TE to open up.

NEM
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

The Pats have faced some formidable Ds against the Donkeys, Bungles, and Fish and have done well.
My guess is you will see something similar in your output as you did against the Donkeys.
Tomlin and the boys will be forcing hurries on Brady and hopefully a few sacks/Ints.
I agree with what the Pats need to do, but I'm sure that Tomlin sees that crystal ball too.
gol 'darnit, I'm excited for this game.
Our O line is developing into one of the best in the NFL.
A few years ago we drafted Matt Light and he has been a mainstay at LT.
Two years ago we shocked the NFL when we drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks, but they have worked out great.
In their rookie seasons, they were forced to step right in, due to injuries, and they performed fantastic.
Both of them are a little older than the average college grad and they seemed to be mature.
Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur (sp)
Kaczur has been injured most of this season so far but is due back.

Dan Koppen at center just signed along term contract and Steve Neal and young Ryan O'Callaghan, a free agent, has worked right into a starting position on the right side.

These guys, for their age, are awesome and give Brady fantastic protection and have opened some good holes for Dillon and Maroney.

And they can only get better withmore experience.

On top of that, Brady seems to have 8 eyes, with unbelievable pocket presence.

I am excited about this game too....a win by the Pats puts us at 6-1 and some home games coming up.....

I can remember when other fans were NOT excited about the Pats coming in to their town....things have changed.

NEM
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"NEM" wrote:

We have already seen that a no huddle offense on the opening drive can catch the Vikings D off guard.
This team is about making adjustments throughout the game, and the no huddle makes that difficult.
But a team can't run the no huddle all night, and Tomlin is very good at making second half adjustments on defense.

Your strategy of opening up with short to medium passes is a fairly sound one, and this is what I expect the Pats to do.
However, our run defense isn't built around loading up the box.
Our front four can be stiffling by themselves.
Your OL needs to be able to keep them off the QB long enough for a reciever or TE to open up.

One of the complaints I have had about our young OC, and I have been very outsp;oken on it, is that I believe he waits too long to make changes, and adjustments.

A couple of times this season he insisted on attempting to force the running game even though it was obvious that the defense we were playing was stacked to stop it.

Fortunately, in all games, except Denver, our defense came through and the offense finally clicked inthe 2nd half.

But sometimes he waits just too damned long to adjust and one of these days, we wont be able to come back or get the help of the defense.

Many believe you have to run in order to pass....I believe that this team is geard for the opposite...pass to set up the run.

And now I think, with Chad Jackson and Gaffney and Gabriel, we have the long ball threat, too.

And OLD Troy Brown, he gets younger and younger and is a couple of passes away from breaking the all time Pats record.

A couple of years he was needed to fill in at Defensive Back, and he played well, and then one game in pre season this year, all of a sudden, there he was taking snaps at quarterback.

An unbelivable talent that goes unnoticed . Always makes the "big"play when needed.

He wil go over the middle for the hard catch and you will need to watch him, and if your safety comes up to cover, Jackson will slip behind on a deep post.....

Prophet
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM
"NEM" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

gol 'darnit, I'm excited for this game.
Our O line is developing into one of the best in the NFL.
A few years ago we drafted Matt Light and he has been a mainstay at LT.
Two years ago we shocked the NFL when we drafted two offensive linemen with our first two picks, but they have worked out great.
In their rookie seasons, they were forced to step right in, due to injuries, and they performed fantastic.
Both of them are a little older than the average college grad and they seemed to be mature.
Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur (sp)
Kaczur has been injured most of this season so far but is due back.

Dan Koppen at center just signed along term contract and Steve Neal and young Ryan O'Callaghan, a free agent, has worked right into a starting position on the right side.

These guys, for their age, are awesome and give Brady fantastic protection and have opened some good holes for Dillon and Maroney.

And they can only get better withmore experience.

On top of that, Brady seems to have 8 eyes, with unbelievable pocket presence.

I am excited about this game too....a win by the Pats puts us at 6-1 and some home games coming up.....

I can remember when other fans were NOT excited about the Pats coming in to their town....things have changed.

Thanks for the breakdown, when I've seen them play they look formidable.
I wasn't aware of the intricacies.
Del Rio started a good thread in the Vikings forum entitled 'offensive line examined' that sums up the offensive line play for the Vikings.

They'll have their hands full with our d-line.
Should be a true battle.
I'm excited about the game because it will be a hard-nosed battle.
I like competition and this is one of the games where both teams match up nicely and there aren't as many obvious holes as there are in some matchups.

The Vikings' receiving corps has taken a lot of hits this year and the RBs/FBs/TEs will have to cover up for those deficiencies and, hopefully, the WRs that are still standing will have soak their hands in stickum Monday afternoon.

What's your take on Bethel Johnson?
I know he didn't see much playing time in NE, but he did a good job returning last week for the Vikings.
He was in for one play (?? I think) on the offense last weekend and it didn't pan out.

NEM
10-25-2006, 09:43 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

I know he didn't see much playing time in NE, but he did a good job returning last week for the Vikings.
He was in for one play (?? I think) on the offense last weekend and it didn't pan out.

I was a Bethel Johnson fan.
Most other Pats fans were not.
I dont think he got a fair shot with the Pats.
He has absolutely UNBELIEVABLE speed ..... If you guys use him, he can be a threat for the deep bomb.

And on KO returns, if he gets some space, he can break it.

But, for some reason, and no one can explain it...he seems to have a problem understanding the routes, etc.....
and occasionaly has stone fingers... BUT, if he gets going, he can be a big, big threat for a game breaker.

BTW, I have had some trouble getting onto the message board this morning.
This message keeps coming up.

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C8224B2

Is this common?
Or am I being watched by Homeland Security?

NodakPaul
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Definately homeland security. ;D

I saw the error message too.
No, it is not common, and I am sure Webby is already working on a fix.

Prophet
10-25-2006, 10:05 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Definately homeland security. ;D

I saw the error message too.
No, it is not common, and I am sure Webby is already working on a fix.

I put a disclaimer in the submarine thread that will get them off our backs.
;D

thevikingfan
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I dont know if you guys are gonna cruise in this game.The vikes pass defense is middle of the pack at 18 but the rush d is ranked 1st overall.We are giving up 15.8 points a game and nobody has yet to score 20 points on us.If you guys are gonna win (wich i hope you dont) then u are gonna have to do it on defense because it is hard (so far this season) to score point on us....knock on wood...

whackthepack
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
"NEM" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

I was a Bethel Johnson fan.
Most other Pats fans were not.
I dont think he got a fair shot with the Pats.
He has absolutely UNBELIEVABLE speed ..... If you guys use him, he can be a threat for the deep bomb.

And on KO returns, if he gets some space, he can break it.

But, for some reason, and no one can explain it...he seems to have a problem understanding the routes, etc.....
and occasionaly has stone fingers... BUT, if he gets going, he can be a big, big threat for a game breaker.

BTW, I have had some trouble getting onto the message board this morning.
This message keeps coming up.

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C8224B2

Is this common?
Or am I being watched by Homeland Security?

The Webmaster for PPO recently updated the boards with a complete new look and some of the bugs with the new processors are still being worked out, sometimes it affects the speed of the site and the availability.

For the last 3 weeks it has been running great until this morning, so hopefully it is temporary.

Zeus
10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"NEM" wrote:

Pre-season doesn't count, dood!

=Z=

Zeus
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
"NEM" wrote:

Koppen will be glad for that long-term security after he's SCHOOLED by Big Pat and K-Dub on Monday night!

=Z=
(Sorry - this was all to civil for me)

Lomo2go
10-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Greetings Vikes fans, good luck next Monday. Let's hope for a well played and injury free game.

I see you have met NEM, and he has only made one conspiracy theory remark so far. Some of the guys at Patsfans.com have a hard time with his take on the Pats OC and playcalling, but I think he is a pretty decent dude to have around. Matter of fact I think he has something in the neighborhood of 15000 posts on the site. And how often do you meet a Liberal of his caliber who lives in Arizona? Anyway, enough about Mike.

This game should be a real measuring stick for each team. Hopefully our injury report will improve by gameday, we are currently looking at a less than banner Defensive line and some key players reporting as questionable.

I am most interested in seeing how the run defenses hold up. While I know the Vikes rank 2nd and the Pats rank 6th, those are really something of a paper stat. The only team we played with any kind of running game this year was Denver, and we fared poorly in stopping it. The only team you guys have played with a running game to speak of is Washington, and Portis was coming off injury and only had 10 attempts for about a 4 ypc average. I guess this game will tell the real tale by the end of the night.

I have always liked Brad Johnson. Guy has class and has paid his dues around the league. Did he ever get a pay raise for this year? Sure deserves one for what is being expected of him.

It will be interesting to see how Bethel does for you, guy has lightening speed but never could find a niche in our passing game. Kind of an odd thing when you consider what our wide receiver options were when we traded him to NO.

Curious to see if Maroney plays like fire with coming home to his old stomping ground. As for the rest of the team, I am not sure we have played there since they replaced the astro with the Fieldturf. I do know that Brady and the line have never had an issue with playing in a dome, but thats probably attributed to Belichick making sure he has a disciplined team.

Regardless, good luck, no injuries. My prediction-

Patriots: 17
Vikes:16

cogitans
10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Welcome Lomo2go

That's a pretty good breakdown of what could happen. The running game be deciding. I think if we're to have succes against your D, regardless of Seymore, we need to get some runs going up the middle.

It will also be key if you can protect Brady. If he gets time, he'll probably be able to pick holes in our zone.

cajunvike
10-25-2006, 05:12 PM
"Lomo2go" wrote:

Greetings Vikes fans, good luck next Monday. Let's hope for a well played and injury free game.

I see you have met NEM, and he has only made one conspiracy theory remark so far. Some of the guys at Patsfans.com have a hard time with his take on the Pats OC and playcalling, but I think he is a pretty decent dude to have around. Matter of fact I think he has something in the neighborhood of 15000 posts on the site. And how often do you meet a Liberal of his caliber who lives in Arizona? Anyway, enough about Mike.

This game should be a real measuring stick for each team. Hopefully our injury report will improve by gameday, we are currently looking at a less than banner Defensive line and some key players reporting as questionable.

I am most interested in seeing how the run defenses hold up. While I know the Vikes rank 2nd and the Pats rank 6th, those are really something of a paper stat. The only team we played with any kind of running game this year was Denver, and we fared poorly in stopping it. The only team you guys have played with a running game to speak of is Washington, and Portis was coming off injury and only had 10 attempts for about a 4 ypc average. I guess this game will tell the real tale by the end of the night.

I have always liked Brad Johnson. Guy has class and has paid his dues around the league. Did he ever get a pay raise for this year? Sure deserves one for what is being expected of him.

It will be interesting to see how Bethel does for you, guy has lightening speed but never could find a niche in our passing game. Kind of an odd thing when you consider what our wide receiver options were when we traded him to NO.

Curious to see if Maroney plays like fire with coming home to his old stomping ground. As for the rest of the team, I am not sure we have played there since they replaced the astro with the Fieldturf. I do know that Brady and the line have never had an issue with playing in a dome, but thats probably attributed to Belichick making sure he has a disciplined team.

Regardless, good luck, no injuries. My prediction-

Patriots: 17
Vikes:16

Au contrere, my Patsy friend...in addition to Portis (#22 rusher in the NFL right now), we also faced Willis McGahee (#4), DeShawn Foster (#10...while sharing carries with DeAngelo Williams), Kevin Jones (#13), and Thomas Jones (#21)...ALL higher on the list than any Patriot RB (granted Dillon and Maroney are splitting carries).
You gotta give our run D a LITTLE more credit than that.

IF you guys beat us, it will probably be Brady who will be the catalyst.

Lomo2go
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Au contrere, my Patsy friend...in addition to Portis (#22 rusher in the NFL right now), we also faced Willis McGahee (#4), DeShawn Foster (#10...while sharing carries with DeAngelo Williams), Kevin Jones (#13), and Thomas Jones (#21)...ALL higher on the list than any Patriot RB (granted Dillon and Maroney are splitting carries).

Not yet. While I agree you have faced some good backs, their respective teams as a whole rank fairly low in rushing stats. Hell, if individual running games equated to having a viable team Frank Gore would have the 49'ers looking like champs other than chumps.

While Portis, as I stated earlier, is the exception- and as stated he only took ten touches in that game after injury- the rest are low league ranking running offenses. You played Carolina without the Steve Smith deep threat...easier to load the box.

Carolina ranks 25th in rushing offense.
Buffalo:23rd in NFL rushing offense
Detroit:29th in the league (BTW) Your rank on Thomas and Kevin Jones is inaacurate.Thomas is 18 abd Kevin is 21 in the league.
Chicago:24th in league ranking rushing offense.
Seattle:Ranked 20th, and you didn't face Alexander.

By ranking standards both of our Rushing defense stats are impressive, but look at the TEAMS rank in rushing offense that we have had success against. No real killers in there. Thats why I said this game should be a good measuring stick.

Slade
10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Yes, it will be a good game. My family is from New Bedford, MA so they have been talking smack to me as well. The Pats are good, no doubt. The 5-1 start is huge.

Bills - Win
Jets - Win
Broncos - Loss
Bengals - Win
Dolphins - Win
Bills - Win

jaychamp
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Lomo2go" wrote:

The only team you guys have played with a running game to speak of is Washington, and Portis was coming off injury and only had 10 attempts for about a 4 ypc average.

IF you guys beat us, it will probably be Brady who will be the catalyst.

Another Pats fan here :)

I agree with you and he also sold our Pats short too

The only team we played with any kind of running game this year was Denver, and we fared poorly in stopping it.

We faced McGahee(2nd in the AFC, and 5th in the NFL) twice and shut him down both times.
We also faced that guy from the Bengals
::)

Anyway....

I'm a little worried about Seymour being out if that's the case.
Green and Wright are great back ups but they don't demand a double team like Seymour does which makes the entire Dline better.
Green would be a starter on a lot of teams, but Seymour is one of the best in the entire league.

Saw some posting about Bethel.
He can return fine, but I'm not worried about him as a receiver.
He may get behind the defense, but he'll drop it.
I for one was glad to see him go.
He actually made some big plays for us, few and far between though and everything in between was awful.
I wouldn't get your hopes up about him, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

It does look like Brady is starting to finally click with his WR's, and just in time for this game.
Pats are going to have to pass and pass well to have a chance.
The Vikes running D is for real and if we can't throw with any consistency, it's going to be a long night.

ItalianStallion
10-25-2006, 06:34 PM
"Lomo2go" wrote:

Not yet. While I agree you have faced some good backs, their respective teams as a whole rank fairly low in rushing stats. Hell, if individual running games equated to having a viable team Frank Gore would have the 49'ers looking like champs other than chumps.

While Portis, as I stated earlier, is the exception- and as stated he only took ten touches in that game after injury- the rest are low league ranking running offenses. You played Carolina without the Steve Smith deep threat...easier to load the box.

Detroit:29th in the league (BTW) Your rank on Thomas and Kevin Jones is inaacurate.Thomas is 18 abd Kevin is 21 in the league.

By ranking standards both of our Rushing defense stats are impressive, but look at the TEAMS rank in rushing offense that we have had success against. No real killers in there. Thats why I said this game should be a good measuring stick.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason their rushing attacks are so low is BECAUSE we did
good job shutting them down?

Lomo2go
10-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason their rushing attacks are so low is BECAUSE we did
good job shutting them down?

Ah, no. I do not think that the one game played against either the Vikings or the Patriots caused their collective rushing stats to plummet to the depths of the league.

Individual stats are great for fantasy teams, they don't mean shit most of the time in the W/L column or the teams capacity as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that either the Patriots or the Vikes lack a run defense, I am just saying I don't see how it has been adequately tested yet.

Lomo2go
10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Another Pats fan here

We faced McGahee(2nd in the AFC, and 5th in the NFL) twice and shut him down both times.

Actually, McGahee is 12th in the league, and as stated Buffalo ranks in the mid twenties in rush offense. And considering that shuttle pass in the backfield is figured as a receiving stat and not a rushing, we hardly shut him down. If you include that break away in he ran for about 120 against us.

Rudi Johnson (that guy from the Bengals) ranks 9th in the league, bur the team ranks 19th in rushing offense. Again, not even middle of the pack.

NEM
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Don't ask me why, because I know there is no logic to it, but for some reason I feel that the Dillaroni Combo willbe able to run on the Vikes front four, as good as they are because both Dillon , and moreso Maroney, are slashing type runners,and especially Maroney who can get outside the tackles quickly and if he has one extra inch, he could be past your linemen before they can react.

He is really that good. I cant believe he fell to us.

And Dillon, well he is looking like the great back he was with the Bengals, and the first year with the Pats.
He seems to have gotten a new lease on life, perhaps because of Maroney being part of the duo.

And, if Brady can have some early success, particularly in the mid range area lwhere your linebackers need to drop off a bit, that too could open the running lanes.

And, there is the Benjamin Watson factor at one TE, and perhaps one of the best BLOCKING TE's in the game, Dan Graham at the other TE.....

Like I said, I dont know why, but I feel some success at our running game on Monday night.
Maybe it might be, in part, an extra adreniline flow on the part of Maroney playing back in Minnesota, too.

Anyway, as all of us seem to be saying , hoping for a fun game....

PurplePeopleEaters
10-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the greatest site on earth, patriots fans.

About the run defense. We haven't allowed a single 100 yard rusher in 18 straight games. There's a stat that has held true for our rush defense through last season. As you can probably see, the common denominator in this equation is Pat Williams, one of the best, if not the best run stuffer in the NFL. Now couple that with a linebacking corps that is finally living up to its expectations and a healthy Kevin Williams and you have what is the #1 run defense in the NFL.

I'm a hell of a lot less worried about the pats running on us than I am the pats throwing on us. You can talk up Laurence Maroney all you want but the fact of the matter is we're going to be worried about an attack that features Tom Brady a lot more.

The X-Factor in this game is Fred Smoot. Other experienced QB's have had a nice ol' time back there in the pocket firing passes towards the reciever that Smoot is attempting to cover for an easy completion. Smoot did pretty well the last game.. We'll have to see how he fares.

This is a make or break game for the Vikings. This is our chance to show that we are for real and break onto the national stage.

SKOL

cajunvike
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
"Lomo2go" wrote:

I got my rankings from NFL.com...so unless they changed them since Tuesday, I can only guess that NFL.com is inaccurate.

So I guess that you guys' 5-1 record is a mirage...seeing as you only played ONE good team so far?
That means that the rankings are total BS too?
I guess the rankers should just all shut up until the season is over and we should all just shut up too?

All in all, though...I agree that this game will be a good test for BOTH teams.
My co-worker who is a native Bahstonian and Patsy fan thinks that this game will be a cakewalk for the Patsies...I beg to differ...we DO have a good defense and I think that it will step up to the challenge of playing well against Brady Bunch Boy and the rest of the Patsy offensive players.
I predict a close game...and Minnesota has proven that they CAN win a few of those this season...as has New England!
It may well come down to who has the ball last! Preferably the Vikes... ;D

jaychamp
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
"Lomo2go" wrote:

Another Pats fan here

Actually, McGahee is 12th in the league, and as stated Buffalo ranks in the mid twenties in rush offense. And considering that shuttle pass in the backfield is figured as a receiving stat and not a rushing, we hardly shut him down. If you include that break away in he ran for about 120 against us.

I'm going by yards.
Why are you including a shuttle pass when we are talking about run defense?
He rushed 25 times for under 3 YPC.
That is a yard less than all other teams combined have held him to.

And actually, if the Pats and Vikings defense is really good, I would say the fact that Buffalo played half their games against both teams would have quite an effect on their rank.

I can't speak for the Vikings but the Pats run D is good despite who they have played.
Why you can't see that is beyond me.

Potus2028
10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Pats run D may be good..

But the Vikings is better..

It's statistical.. Until at least monday night, we get run defense bragging rights

Del Rio
10-25-2006, 07:39 PM
"Lomo2go" wrote:

Part of the reason their teams rank low is they have faced us. We have not allowed 100 yard rusher in 18 games straight. So if you wanna go back 18 games and discredit all the teams we have shut down on the run that may be fair. In fact we have only allowed a 100+ yard rusher in 2 of the last 22 games, and both of those were last year at the begining of the season.

All in all we have the #1 rush defense in the league and I do not see that changing next week. Going to be one hell of a game, and you have one hell of a team and I would not be surprised at all if we lose, I will be surprised however if you run the ball well on us.

Lomo2go
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I got my rankings from NFL.com...so unless they changed them since Tuesday, I can only guess that NFL.com is inaccurate.

So I guess that you guys' 5-1 record is a mirage...seeing as you only played ONE good team so far?
That means that the rankings are total BS too?
I guess the rankers should just all shut up until the season is over and we should all just shut up too?

They must have changed, because thats were I sourced them from too. Not sure when they update them after any given week, but the ones I posted are the current stats.

No, I do not think our win record is a mirage, and I never stated we only played one good team either. I said the only team we played with a decent rushing offense rank in the league was Denver. Tsk, tsk...not nice to mis-quote. As to the statistical rankings being BS, I don't think so, I just think that there is more to any given stat and rank then meets the eye.

I'm going by yards.
Why are you including a shuttle pass when we are talking about run defense?
He rushed 25 times for under 3 YPC.
That is over a yard less than all other teams combined have held him to.

And actually, if the Pats and Vikings defense is really good, I would say the fact that Buffalo played half their games against both teams would have quite an effect on their rank.

I can't speak for the Vikings but the Pats run D is good despite who they have played.
Why you can't see that is beyond me.

I am not including the shuttle pass in his running yards, just pointing out the fact that it is designed and executed as a runnning play by the back, but statistically is a passing play. If those yards were to be included into an assessment of the running game they tell a different tale.

I never said the Patriots run defense wasn't good. I actually think it is quite good. All I am saying is that I do not feel it has been adequately tested and is yet to be seen just HOW good it really is, likewise with the vikings. We have held teams with lesser than mediocre run offenses, sorry if my homer glasses don;t blind me to the fact that our NFL standing is slightly inflated possibly.

Not saying it isn't damn good, nor am I saying the Vikes are not either, just pointing out the FACT that it is ranked against less than stellar run offense teams.

Do you guys even read these posts? Or just get atwitter when
your opinion is threatened?

Regardless, lets not try to hijack the thread. Good luck Vikings, come visit at Patsfans.com

Potus2028
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
well said..

and might i add.. DUH that they have a lower ranked rush offense.. because we defended it..

DUH

NEM
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

About the run defense. We haven't allowed a single 100 yard rusher in 18 straight games. There's a stat that has held true for our rush defense through last season. As you can probably see, the common denominator in this equation is Pat Williams, one of the best, if not the best run stuffer in the NFL. Now couple that with a linebacking corps that is finally living up to its expectations and a healthy Kevin Williams and you have what is the #1 run defense in the NFL.

I'm a hell of a lot less worried about the pats running on us than I am the pats throwing on us. You can talk up Laurence Maroney all you want but the fact of the matter is we're going to be worried about an attack that features Tom Brady a lot more.

The X-Factor in this game is Fred Smoot. Other experienced QB's have had a nice ol' time back there in the pocket firing passes towards the reciever that Smoot is attempting to cover for an easy completion. Smoot did pretty well the last game.. We'll have to see how he fares.

This is a make or break game for the Vikings. This is our chance to show that we are for real and break onto the national stage.

SKOL

I agree with you on what the Pats SHOULD do...
use Brady and the great array of wide receivers we now have....BUT, our young, and green offenswive coordinator has tried to butt his running game into the stone walls of some pretty good defenses , and failed, and has refused to make early adjustments.

I hope that he is beyond that now, and decides to attack through the air because that is where I believe the pats can create a lot of damage against the Vikes.

I still believe that we will be able to run the ball fairly well though, because of the style of our two running backs, as well as using Kevin Faulk as a receiver, out of the backfield....

But, only if we spread your defense first, via the passing game.

If we find that we cant p[enetrate your defensive front four early, I would throw the running game to the wind and open up a fullscale air assault, as soon as possible.....with a few little tricks thrown in to keep your defense guessing, play action, screens, etc.

NEM
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

well said..

and might i add.. DUH that they have a lower ranked rush offense.. because we defended it..

DUH

Yeah, thats one of my pet peeves, too.
Like when they say that all the teams your team beat have lesser records.
Duh, as you say, thats because we beat them all.....

Potus2028
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
just want to say.. that was vaguely the strategy of the vikes a few years ago...

and.. with what receivers will you spread out our D?

Del Rio
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
"NEM" wrote:

SKOL

I agree with you on what the Pats SHOULD do...
use Brady and the great array of wide receivers we now have....BUT, our young, and green offenswive coordinator has tried to butt his running game into the stone walls of some pretty good defenses , and failed, and has refused to make early adjustments.

I hope that he is beyond that now, and decides to attack through the air because that is where I believe the pats can create a lot of damage against the Vikes.

I still believe that we will be able to run the ball fairly well though, because of the style of our two running backs, as well as using Kevin Faulk as a receiver, out of the backfield....

But, only if we spread your defense first, via the passing game.

If we find that we cant p[enetrate your defensive front four early, I would throw the running game to the wind and open up a fullscale air assault, as soon as possible.....with a few little tricks thrown in to keep your defense guessing, play action, screens, etc.

I think he will try to run on us as he should. I think you have to, or else your QB will get murdered. Trying to run keeps the D true probably.

VKG4LFE
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
"NEM" wrote:

I am 67 years old and have been a Pats fans since their very first day back in 1960. I had season seats for 28 years, until 1988, when I moved here, to Arizona.

I rarely visit the forums of other teams, but someone posted this site on our message board, PatsFans.com so I thought I would pay a visit.

I am
alittle busy right now, so don't have time to talk about the upcoming game, but will return later for, some conversation.

am having a little difficult time navigating it. Probably the beginning of senility. ;D

Good to have you with us! I'm sorry to say that you're miracle run will end on Monday night, but it's been a very good run.
You guys have a great new back to take over when Dillon hangs em up and I really respect everything that the New England organization has done the past few years! Congrats on being a true die hard for such a long time and through such horrible seasons! I'm hoping that one day the same can be said for me and the vikes will bring home that super bowl trophy!

NEM
10-25-2006, 09:44 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm hoping that one day the same can be said for me and the vikes will bring home that super bowl trophy!

And when they do, I know that it will be a moment in your life that you will never forget.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-25-2006, 10:00 PM
"NEM" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm hoping that one day the same can be said for me and the vikes will bring home that super bowl trophy!

And when they do, I know that it will be a moment in your life that you will never forget.

You lucky bastards got to have that moment 3 years in a row.
;)

Zeus
10-26-2006, 07:28 AM

;)

3 out of 4 years, only 2 in a row.

XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17

=Z=

PurplePeopleEaters
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

;)

=Z=

Ahh whatever. It all blends together when you're not winning anyways.
:(

nephilimstorm
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. I used to live in Connecticut Tri-state area, so I know how you Patriots fans felt when you hoisted that trophy three times. Welcome to the forum and blessed be my friend.

cajunvike
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM

"AWZeus" wrote:

;)

=Z=

Ahh whatever. It all blends together when you're not winning anyways.
:(

Effing IDIOT Carolina kicker!!!
The Panthers had SB XXXVIII WON until that IDIOT kicked the ball out of bounds!!!
>:(

cajunvike
10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
"NEM" wrote:

I am

You sure that you didn't grow up a Bears fan?

Just kidding...good analysis from your end...BUT I do believe that we can contain Brady's passing as well as the Pats' running game.
You will get some yardage, probably more than we have been giving up on average...BUT I feel that if our defense is on their game on Monday night, we can limit your scoring opportunities and win the game.
Of course, that is contingent on our offense continuing to control the ball and time of possession.
If they have too many three-and-outs, then our defense will be compromised come the fourth quarter.

vikesD
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
I`m a vikes fan living about 30 miles from Boston and I can`t wait to go to work on Tuesday with a win against the Patsies. I`ve heard so much bs this week. A couple of the guys I work with have already started making excuses like Oh its okay to lose to Minn. there in the NFC wont matter as much as losing to say the Colts next week.

NEM
10-28-2006, 12:47 AM
"vikesD" wrote:

I`m a vikes fan living about 30 miles from Boston and I can`t wait to go to work on Tuesday with a win against the Patsies. I`ve heard so much bs this week. A couple of the guys I work with have already started making excuses like Oh its okay to lose to Minn. there in the NFC wont matter as much as losing to say the Colts next week.

Being a Vikings fan in Boston must be like being an Arizona Cardinal fan anywhere in the world, you're the ONLY one.

Let me add this, it is not OK to lose to the Vikings.
Its not OK to lose to anyone.
But what they say about the NFC games as opposed to the AFC games, they dont hurt as much in case of tiebrekers, etc.
But, that being said, you still dont want to lose to anyone.

I am beginning to feel much more confident about this game, from a Pats standpoint.

I dont know why, but I have a feeling that the Pats are going to attempt some different things with the passing game, maybe stretch the field much more than they are known to do,and something they have not yet done this season .

But this wil be the first game that we wil be at full strength as far as WR's go, and even moreso with Benjamin Watson at tight end, a TE that has WR speed but bowls people over once he hs the ball in hand.

The key to winning this game, IMO, is not to fall behind and have to play carch up in your crib.

I would come out with all engines running and go after your secondary right from the get go, while at the same time tryng to spread out your run defense.

cajunvike
10-28-2006, 12:57 AM
"NEM" wrote:

"vikesD" wrote:

Being a Vikings fan in Boston must be like being an Arizona Cardinal fan anywhere in the world, you're the ONLY one.

Let me add this, it is not OK to lose to the Vikings.
Its not OK to lose to anyone.
But what they say about the NFC games as opposed to the AFC games, they dont hurt as much in case of tiebrekers, etc.
But, that being said, you still dont want to lose to anyone.

I am beginning to feel much more confident about this game, from a Pats standpoint.

I dont know why, but I have a feeling that the Pats are going to attempt some different things with the passing game, maybe stretch the field much more than they are known to do,and something they have not yet done this season .

But this wil be the first game that we wil be at full strength as far as WR's go, and even moreso with Benjamin Watson at tight end, a TE that has WR speed but bowls people over once he hs the ball in hand.

The key to winning this game, IMO, is not to fall behind and have to play carch up in your crib.

I would come out with all engines running and go after your secondary right from the get go, while at the same time tryng to spread out your run defense.

Not a bad idea...BUT our LBs are pretty fast and can cover a lot of ground...just one of the reasons why we have the #1 run defense in the NFL right now.

AND our secondary, while not ranked extremely high, is still pretty talented (and better than the Patsies' DBs) and coupled with our ferocious pass rush, will be put in position to pick a ball or two if Brady isn't careful.
They usually don't get beat deep much, as they play pretty far off the ball...so going deep might not be the best option for the Patsy offense.
That long pass play by the Seasquawks last week was a slant or short post pattern that Darrell Jackson broke due to a blown assignment by the nickle corner.

digital420
10-28-2006, 02:38 AM
"NEM" wrote:

"vikesD" wrote:

try living in athens greece!!
when you say the vikings are playing the patriots.. they don't even know what sport yer talkin about.

"NEM]<br" wrote:

i think that's the feeling of every team, fan, fanatic.

"NEM]<br" wrote:
[quote]

i've heard several pats fans say this, but i can't seem to understand why you would want to. watch some of the previous highlights of games we've played. 2 plays i think went for long verticle of #? plays that never made it or were inted.

[quote author=NEM]

Brady having all his receivers doesn't instill a feeling of safeness to me. He's a great qb that knows how to get the ball to open hands. it'll be a big challange for the D to pick that up. Brady hasn't faced a D as hungry and as confident as the Vikes. Tomlin has these guys sooo fired up, and they have WON a few games for us. Their believing in their system and each other, and because of this they are stopping big name and high powerd O's. Brady and the pats are respected by them i bet, but noone is intimidating.. not to this D.

If we can keep constant preasure on Brady i'm sure he'll try some ill advised down field plays. I'm confident that our secondary well step up monday and keep this game winnable for B.j and his crew.

it'll be a good game i hope. as i'll be pullin an all niter to watch it!!

DiGiTaL

patriotswinagain
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
"vikes2456" wrote:

Welcome, I've actually grown a small liking for the Patriots, mostly Bruschi... But lets hope for something we both can agree on, a good game with no injuries.

Unlike Pittsburgh who lives for dirty hits such as Carson Palmer and ditto for same cheap hit on Tom Brady. Must say Denver wasn't bad and played legit.
Most of Pat injuries come from our own players lol.

Minnesota plays hard football like the Pats in past years, looking forward to seeing you guys this year for the first time.

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
"patriotswinagain" wrote:

"vikes2456" wrote:

Unlike Pittsburgh who lives for dirty hits such as Carson Palmer and ditto for same cheap hit on Tom Brady. Must say Denver wasn't bad and played legit.
Most of Pat injuries come from our own players lol.

Minnesota plays hard football like the Pats in past years, looking forward to seeing you guys this year for the first time.

Yeah...MUCH BETTER to have the refs make BS calls that go your way at critical times in the game!

COJOMAY
10-31-2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.startribune.com/media/2006/10/30/18/1vike1031.standalone.jpg

Sorry that a few of our fans made us all look like a bunch of hooligans. I hope the majority of the Viking fans aren't so crass as to throw beer bottles at opposing players.
I'm embarassed for our fans because this also made national TV. We expect more from our players and we should expect more of our fans.

PAvikesfan
10-31-2006, 10:42 AM
best picture ever.
:)

Now, i don't condone throwing beer bottles but the picture is priceless.

part of me would like to see vikes fans show a little more spice.
we are known around the league as big fans of our team, but also reserved at the same time.

twiztedfait
10-31-2006, 11:11 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Yeah...MUCH BETTER to have the refs make BS calls that go your way at critical times in the game!

Cajun, those calls still would not have put 24 points on the board.
Blame the refs all you want, the team lost the game.
While they were on key plays, and the momentum would have helped, our D was not stopping brady all night.

You are starting to sound like a seachicken fan after the Sb last year

:o

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 11:21 AM
"twiztedfait" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Cajun, those calls still would not have put 24 points on the board.
Blame the refs all you want, the team lost the game.

While they were on key plays, and the momentum would have helped, our D was not stopping brady all night.

You are starting to sound like a seachicken fan after the Sb last year

:o

Hey, we may have still lost..and I can accept that...BUT we wouldn't have gotten smoked as bad as we did if the game would have been called right.
I said before the game that I could accept a close loss...BUT the non-calls were total BS and they certainly stymied any chance that we had to sustain drives.

WaywardHoosier
10-31-2006, 07:34 PM
The Patriots played a great game.
The critics that claimed the Patiots are not one of the AFC's best are obviously wrong.

Patriot fans can start talking about how to beat the Colts.

The Vikings are improving over last season but they just are not one of the NFC's best right now. I hope this team improves as the season progresses.

On problem with attending sporting events is that we have to deal with drunken idiots.
Throwing a beer bottle anywhere and at anytime should be dealt with. That is an act that states someone can not handle alcohol.
Let them dry out in a jail cell in downtwon Minneapolis.

Prophet
11-01-2006, 06:29 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Sorry that a few of our fans made us all look like a bunch of hooligans. I hope the majority of the Viking fans aren't so crass as to throw beer bottles at opposing players.
I'm embarassed for our fans because this also made national TV. We expect more from our players and we should expect more of our fans.

:o, what a picture...is that doctored?
It is sad to see people throwing stuff on the field, pound the guy next to you instead.

singersp
11-01-2006, 06:44 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

He was probably aiming for the ref instead. It's just another example of one that was under thrown.