PDA

View Full Version : nfldraftcountdown has us picking Dwayne Jarrett as of right now..

mewario
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
what do you guys think about that?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I feel we need to draft a WR, so I'd be fine with that pick.. Chester Taylor seems to be coming around.

tjohnson
10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
its october 24th ::)

mewario
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
It's never too early to see where we need improvement, or to scout next year's rookies, don't tell me Vikings front office is not paying any heed to the draft at th;s time

vikes2456
10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I think we need to draft a receiver, a lineman, and Brian Leonard

Prophet
10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
"mewario" wrote:

It's never too early to see where we need improvement, or to scout next year's rookies, don't tell me Vikings front office is not paying any heed to the draft at th;s time

The ballboy gave me Childress' checklist for the week:

1. Watch game tape of all the college games and create hierarchical list of potential draft picks.

2. Find personal addresses/contact information of the top draft prospects in the 2007 draft.

3. Watch game film and analyze pros/cons of Seachicken/Vikes game.

4. Prepare for Patriots game.

I guess, based on the rough draft of his to-do list you are absolutely correct.
I'm surprised by this.

TheAnimal93
10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I am glad that they are thinking of the draft so soon because I have no desire to at this time. I wait until I know where we are picking before I start looking at what would suit us and what would be there.
SKOL

Mr. Purple
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
I agree its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early be calling this.I've been thinkin about our first pick tho (Just becuz I love the NFL Draft.), and I dont think we should go WR.To me WR's almost always (quality ones) take around 2-3 maybe even 4 years to fully develope.I think our number 1 WR next year should come via Free Agency IMO.

I'd like to see us go with a CB/S or a RG/RT. I think right now those are two nagging areas on this team.Now you may say that defensive rookie players could take just as long to develope as a WR, and thats 100% true.However I think becuz of this system, you can be young and talented in it.Look at the Bears thier draftin new CB/S every year and thier gettin it done.I'd also like for us to take a real long hard look at a new RG/RT.While its still early on in the year,Hicks and Johnson have yet to show me really anything special.Thier cutting down on thier penalities, but I'm not seeing the dominate run block we need.Its still early tho and theres alot of season left for them to prove themselfs to us.

I wouldnt be against a WR in the first, I just think if there are more quality picks at CB/S or RG/RT in the first, I would want us to go that route.

Jarrad is a freak tho, my buddy who is a USC fan would rant on and on about em if he ever came on here.

Vikefanman2000
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
"mewario" wrote:

I feel we need to draft a WR, so I'd be fine with that pick.. Chester Taylor seems to be coming around.

Ahhh....cool....
I guess he is slated to go somewhere between the 1st and 32nd pick huh?
If so, he could be our man!
Only 6 more months!
(I think I will wait 5 months or so before I hold my breath though)

OchoCinco
10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree to early to tell, but with that said, Calvin Johnson is the guy we need, that dude is awesome, we should trade up to get him from our 32nd pick..... ;D

ItalianStallion
10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
A rookie WR would make little to no impact anyway.
Not saying it isn't a need, just don't count on a draft pick being the cure to our offensive woes for next season.

OchoCinco
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

A rookie WR would make little to no impact anyway.
Not saying it isn't a need, just don't count on a draft pick being the cure to our offensive woes for next season.

I think they can be an impact if they are used right and given a chance, i.e. see Greg Jennings.....Keyshawn Johnson.....Larry Fitzgerald..... or even dominate....i.e. see Randy Moss.....so I guess you could say I disagree..... ;)

jargomcfargo
10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

"mewario" wrote:

The ballboy gave me Childress' checklist for the week:

1. Watch game tape of all the college games and create hierarchical list of potential draft picks.

2. Find personal addresses/contact information of the top draft prospects in the 2007 draft.

3. Watch game film and analyze pros/cons of Seachicken/Vikes game.

4. Prepare for Patriots game.

I guess, based on the rough draft of his to-do list you are absolutely correct.
I'm surprised by this.

One critical omission.

5. Surf PPO for more great coaching and personel advice, just like last week.

V4L
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't get why people don't want to discuss this?

Who cares if it's early? It beats talking about X-boxes and telling jokes..

I'm always interested in where we will wind up in the draft and see how close I am to it from a few months before..

Dwayne Jarret would be a solid pick.. I'd love to take him.. I bet he wouldn't drop so many damn balls!

One Love

NodakPaul
10-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I predict that with our first round pick in the 2029 NFL draft the Vikings will pick up...

OL Webby JR!

cajunvike
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
"mewario" wrote:

They got it TOTALLY wrong!

We end up with Zach Miller...don't know CRAP about him, but if he is the 32nd pick, then that's who we get!!!
;D

NodakPaul
10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
LOL.
I like Caj's prediction best.

whackthepack
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
"mewario" wrote:

I don't think we will have the 15th pick in the draft next year and so to speculate that we would be taking him is pretty hard at this point since the top players from the time that the college season ends to draft day changes a lot!

last year Ernie Sims was originally projected as the Viking's pick in the 2nd round, but he had a great combine and goes 6th to Detroit.
Maroney was projected in the top 10 last year while the college season was still going and he dropped to the Pats at around the 25th pick and some people had him sliding to the 1st part of the 2nd round.

There are to many variables at this point to have any kind of accuracy as to who and to whom any player is going to go!
Bush was the number 1 pick all of last year, and then Young was the number one pick for a week, and then it was Bush again, and it was Mario by a nose (or wallet)!

PurplePride80
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

To me WR's almost always (quality ones) take around 2-3 maybe even 4 years to fully develope.I think our number 1 WR next year should come via Free Agency IMO.

Next year is a HORRIBLE year for Free Agency.

Drew Bennett is the best available WR.

ThorSPL
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
If people don't want to discuss this... STAY OUT OF THE THREAD!

That being said, I always enjoy draft talk!

Zeus
10-24-2006, 04:41 PM
"mewario" wrote:

Dear God in Heaven, man!
Dwayne Jarrett won't be around for the 32nd pick!

=Z=