PDA

View Full Version : Vikings find their footing!

jargomcfargo
10-22-2006, 10:59 PM
The touchdown pass to Marcus Robinson in the second quarter on third and 17 was no different than what Brad Johnson tried on third and long in two previous games. He made the read and made the throw.

Marcus made such a decisive cut toward the post it fooled the corner, who let him go, and the safety who bought the post move.

Johnson threw the ball when he saw the receiver was going to be open and bombed them for a 40 yard TD.

Most people won't recognize this as the turning point in the game, but it was.

It inspired the defense who came out on fire the next two series to pressure Hasselbeck and rattle him into ineptitude.

Much will be said about Hasselbeck getting injured as the turning point. but those who watch closely know the game was already over for the Seahawks.

This Vikings offense is starting to click. The line is playing better the last two games but the right side has room for improvement. It's not all Hicks.Johnson is inexperienced and may improve but I'm worried he may be too slow.However, if the right side starts to play well, we will have a very good offense.

Birk is starting to get out in front to block the last two games, and though not back to where he was, is having a pronounced positive impact on the over all line play the last two games.

The linebacker play was great today.

Roynell was burned for the second time this season, but where was his help over the top?

Smoot was Smoot; average to slightly above average. If he is our weak link we still have a pretty good secondary.My personal guess is Fred won't be starting for the Vikings by mid-season next year, if not sooner.

Chester was amazing.

Leber showed up big.

M. Robinson is a play maker!

The special teams actually covered and blocked well today for the first time all season.

And what I like best of all is great coaching today.

Childress showed great creativity in his play calling and a commitment to what it would take to beat Seattle,the run.

Not only that, he went for the stake in the heart and tried to win rather than trying to not lose.

We got Ethan started out on the right foot with a Vikings victory.

And I dedicate the PPO game ball to Freya.

I know this is one of those games where most things went right.

But it's also one of those games that shows the potential many of us here thought we saw all along.

This team may well be, just now, finding it's footing!

cajunvike
10-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Works for me!!!

Great game today...the offense finally carried their weight!

Braddock
10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
ABOUT TIME!!!! hallelujah. Still the media doesn't want to pay us any attention, which is turning out to be a positive. The more attention we get, the more we'll worry about other things than football. SKOL Vikes

Billy Boy
10-23-2006, 12:21 AM
M-Rob is a great TD threat.
We need to start going to him more in the redzone.

Did Chester really play that good?
I really dont know I didnt get to watch 3 quarters of the game. I saw the first quarter and he had some really good rushes. But... Minus the long TD he rushed for 2.8 yards a carry.
Im not one to try to take away from a performance but doesn't look like he did so hot.

MinnyFan
10-23-2006, 12:26 AM
i think we need to start goin to him more period

Billy Boy
10-23-2006, 12:44 AM
"MinnyFan" wrote:

i think we need to start goin to him more period

Good point.
We all hope Williamson can get over his Dropped Ball Syndrome.
But in all reality a physical deficit such as butterfingers is not something as readily correctable as say O-Line comradery. I remember that being one of the analysts critisism on draft day. Maybe the fix is to admit his weakness and pass to others more often.
Maybe even Jason Carter.
Eh eh eh.

aceclown
10-23-2006, 12:46 AM
"Billy" wrote:

I really dont know I didnt get to watch 3 quarters of the game. I saw the first quarter and he had some really good rushes. But... Minus the long TD he rushed for 2.8 yards a carry.
Im not one to try to take away from a performance but doesn't look like he did so hot.

Wow, I really hope youre joking.
Dude goes out and posts the longest TD from scrimmage in Vikings history and you depict his performance as "not so hot".
Wow.

Vikes
10-23-2006, 02:28 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

ABOUT TIME!!!! hallelujah. Still the media doesn't want to pay us any attention, which is turning out to be a positive. The more attention we get, the more we'll worry about other things than football. SKOL Vikes

Good we want to stay off the media radar it just creates headaches. Look NE is winning and no one is talking about them.

Prophet
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
"Billy" wrote:

Take a few moments and look at RB performances for over 100 yds in the history of the NFL.
The majority contain a few breakaway runs, this is nothing new.
Pound the ball and get a breakaway or two.

Del Rio
10-23-2006, 07:17 AM
We have the #2 rated rush defense in the entire NFL. If Dallas gives up over 90 yards tonight we will be #1.

Just food for thought.

Zeus
10-23-2006, 07:35 AM
"Del" wrote:

We have the #2 rated rush defense in the entire NFL. If Dallas gives up over 90 yards tonight we will be #1.

Just food for thought.

The refrain in my basement yesterday was "You don't RUN on us!" every time Seattle tried to do so.
One big run and a whole lot of nothing.

=Z=

marantzo
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Have I mentioned that like anyone who has emotional balance, I absolutely hate the Cowboys? Well I do. And now instead of just hoping against hope that the Giants beat them on their own turf in front of their obnoxious owner and their WR who's mouth is bigger than his bankroll, I also have their yards against rushing statistic to keep my interest. Thanks for that info.
[b]
GO TIKI!!![/b

We'll need our footing against NE. They lost some key players but I still think they are the class of the NFL. They are a well-oiled, very disciplined football machine. Thay also have a strength and conditioning coach who is probably the best that ever was. And i'm not just saying that because I know him.

If we can win against this team (on Monday night, no less), then I will allow myself to have visions of a Super Bowl appearance. Even if we lose in a very close game, I'll be upset but I'll be optimistic.

mnjamie
10-23-2006, 11:33 AM
"Del" wrote:

Just food for thought.

Nice stat.

I will still be cheering for Dallas tonight to win the game though.
IMO, I would rather face Dallas in the playoffs than the Giants, because I feel the Giants "O" is very balanced with alot of weapons and their "D" line can completely take over a game.

I don't think Dallas can say the same .... So, screw stats ... they are nice, but I'm looking forward to the playoffs.

p.s.:
the rest of this is not directed at you Del, just my observation

thevikingfan
10-23-2006, 11:54 AM
"marantzo" wrote:

Have I mentioned that like anyone who has emotional balance, I absolutely hate the Cowboys? Well I do. And now instead of just hoping against hope that the Giants beat them on their own turf in front of their obnoxious owner and their WR who's mouth is bigger than his bankroll, I also have their yards against rushing statistic to keep my interest. Thanks for that info.
[b]
GO TIKI!!![/b

We'll need our footing against NE. They lost some key players but I still think they are the class of the NFL. They are a well-oiled, very disciplined football machine. Thay also have a strength and conditioning coach who is probably the best that ever was. And i'm not just saying that because I know him.

If we can win against this team (on Monday night, no less), then I will allow myself to have visions of a Super Bowl appearance. Even if we lose in a very close game, I'll be upset but I'll be optimistic.

U got it all wrong we need the ginats to rush for more than 90 byards but we cant have tiki do it.I ftiki rushes for more than 90 then we will have the #1 rush defense but then taylor wont be the league rushing leader anymore.So lets hope that tiki gets stuffed but brandon jacobs breaks off a few long ones

NodakPaul
10-23-2006, 11:56 AM
"Del" wrote:

Just food for thought.

However, if Dallas does step up and hold Tiki to a minimal game... Chester Taylor will remain the NFL's leading rusher!.

So we either have the best rushing offense with the second best rushing defense, or the best rushing defense with the second best rushing offense.
I like the sound of that. ;D

triedandtruevikesfan
10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but from what you guys have said... its much better then what I heard from my boyfriend.
Biased Bears fan!!
He said that had Hasselbeck not got hurt they would have killed us, but from the sounds of things we were rolling either way!
Our boys have really been stepping up!!
Time for NE to come to town for a butt kicking!!

Del Rio
10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Your boyfriend is wrong.

triedandtruevikesfan
10-23-2006, 12:37 PM
"Del" wrote:

Your boyfriend is wrong.

He usually is!

jargomcfargo
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
"marantzo" wrote:

[/color][/b

I watched a little of their game on Sunday ticket yesterday and I would agree.

Despite losing players and coaches they roll along.

Our best chance of winning is ball control and keeping Brady sitting on the bench.

Sounds familiar doesn't it.

I'm glad this is a home game.

Zeus
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Your boyfriend is wrong.

He usually is!

I hope you tap him out then, otherwise, he's just wasting your time.

=Z=