PDA

View Full Version : on a related note hell freezes over

mr.woo
10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
the 2006 minnesota vikings scored 30 points today! no one would have thought against such a tough seattle defense. our run d was very solid again, and chester proves why hes the man. great game bring on the pats baby!

i_bleed_purple
10-22-2006, 07:21 PM
i wouldn't be calling seattles d tough.
they let up up huge points against the giants and bears, even though they both have decent offenses, they shouldn't let up that amount of points.

good win though, especially loved the 95 yard run

Braddock
10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I hear that. It's fantastic. But i'm sure everyone will chalk our win up due to hasselback's injury, and not due to talent... oh well. Guess we'll just continue to fly under the radar until we go down to miami for the superbowl.

Prophet
10-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Flying under the radar ended today.

PurpleRide
10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

I hear that. It's fantastic. But i'm sure everyone will chalk our win up due to hasselback's injury, and not due to talent... oh well. Guess we'll just continue to fly under the radar until we go down to miami for the superbowl.

No one on TV or radio brought up that issue. They were talking up the vikings D during the game.
I dont like the media is against us theme, it sucks, its old, its untrue.

singersp
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

the 2006 minnesota vikings scored 30 points today! no one would have thought against such a tough seattle defense. our run d was very solid again, and chester proves why hes the man. great game bring on the pats baby!

??? I thought we scored 31!
;)

MetalMike-LoudVike
10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I say hell yeah!!!!! that is some good football, The DEFENSE IS something I used to fret watching you know, I personally enjoy the pressure and the 3 and out that are forced......oh do I dare mention a scoring DEFENSE. Screw em I like being under the radar let them sleep on the Vikes and keep it in mind you sleep on the vikes you get a double ended battle axe stuck in you skull
VIKING DEFENSE BABY ITS BEAUTIFUL
MMLV

Mikecarter81
Good game and while the score is important,
here is a very telling stat.

3 for 25

3 penalties
= 25 yards

Nice change for once.

MIke

litlharsh
funniest. thread. title. ever.

Ltrey33
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought you were talking about the Raiders winning!

COJOMAY
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Don't worry, the Vikes still willnot get any respect from the media until "hell freezes over."
According to them the Vikes would have lost if Hasselbeck hadn't been hurt.

DPep11
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I always hate the turning point after the Vikings play their sixth game... 6-0(9-7) 5-1(8-8)....
;D But thats when the defense was god awful, SKOL Vikes... I can rest easy now in the 4th quarter knowing the defense can actually force turnovers or a 3 and out.

PurpleRide
10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Don't worry, the Vikes still willnot get any respect from the media until "hell freezes over."

??? where do you come up with this????
I just dont understand how people think the media hates minnesota teams.
We are a mid size market, the East Coast and California teams will get more attention because their markets are bigger, more media to cover the teams in that area. Oh but is the media that hates us, I know why because they are upset Minnesota has more coast line than California.
14,000 lakes b!tches, thats why they hate us.
Or maybe because the late great paul wellstone was our senator, oh i know, because we have the best hospital in the world in Rochester, that must be it.
BTW, are you saying you would want the mindless fans who follow a new team every year because thats who the media focuses on as vikings fans?
Your media hates us thing is retarded, get over it

Ltrey33
10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
"DPep11" wrote:

I always hate the turning point after the Vikings play their sixth game... 6-0(9-7) 5-1(8-8)....
;D But thats when the defense was god awful, SKOL Vikes... I can rest easy now in the 4th quarter knowing the defense can actually force turnovers or a 3 and out.

Yeah...that was the old offense, defense, special teams and the old coaching staff. I don't think we can draw any parallels there! Don't EVEN bring that up...it scares me.

mr.woo
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

??? where do you come up with this????
I just dont understand how people think the media hates minnesota teams.
We are a mid size market, the East Coast and California teams will get more attention because their markets are bigger, more media to cover the teams in that area. Oh but is the media that hates us, I know why because they are upset Minnesota has more coast line than California.
14,000 lakes b!tches, thats why they hate us.
Or maybe because the late great paul wellstone was our senator, oh i know, because we have the best hospital in the world in Rochester, that must be it.
BTW, are you saying you would want the mindless fans who follow a new team every year because thats who the media focuses on as vikings fans?
Your media hates us thing is Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd, get over it

ill tell you were we come up with this. how about on the fox OT on the recap of the game they show on crummy clip from the game and dont even talk about, and then later on the great plays of the day segment they show the friggin jackson td but do they even show the 95 YARD TD RUN by taylor or the 40 YARD TD PASS from bj? hell no. i actually gave the TV the finger. thats for you Jimmie, Terry, Howie and whats his name!

Vikefanman2000
10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

I agree and especially if we can win at home next week against NE.

That being said, it amazes me how many fans need the national media to take notice of this team....like it somehow legitimizes the Vikes.
I for one, dont give a rats A$$ what the media thinks of this team...in fact, I would be happier if non Viking fans never watched this team until they have no choice int he playoffs.

Our remaining schedule is very favorable and WE FANS know that we have a solid team.
If they continue to get better as the season progresses, we COULD do very well this year.
Time will tell....but I like what I see so far....
and if the NFL Media people dont want to give them props.....F'um.

MensaTice
10-22-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm going to regret this I'm sure but what the hell are you talking about PurpleRide?
Everything in your last post is completely out of left field.
Maybe you should sit the rest of this one out.

Personally, I don't care what coverage or attention we get/don't get nationally.
It doesn't affect anything in any way.

mnjamie
10-22-2006, 09:30 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

I'm going to regret this I'm sure but what the hell are you talking about PurpleRide?
Everything in your last post is completely out of left field.
Maybe you should sit the rest of this one out.

Personally, I don't care what coverage or attention we get/don't get nationally.
It doesn't affect anything in any way.

Agreed.

I don't even read Vikings coverage anywhere but on PP.O, I even skip over the articles now.

COJOMAY
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Purpleride wrote:

I'm sick and tired of your attitude and calling me a hillbilly because I live in Kentucky. I got a Master's and a Doctor's degree you jerk!
I just pressed the "Ignore" button!
::)

MensaTice
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Coj, you can't ignore PR.
He's what makes this place so great.

BadlandsVikings
10-22-2006, 09:37 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Purpleride wrote:

I'm sick and tired of your attitude and calling me a hillbilly because I live in Kentucky. I got a Master's and a Doctor's degree you jerk!

Living in the south doesn't mean your white trash (sometimes it does) I lived in the hillibilly land for 6 years and not everyone is challenged.
Not all are toothless and inbred.
Mr. ride leave people alone
>:(

DPep11
10-22-2006, 09:38 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DPep11" wrote:

Yeah...that was the old offense, defense, special teams and the old coaching staff. I don't think we can draw any parallels there! Don't EVEN bring that up...it scares me.

No reason to fear it if you believe in the current team we have now. The Vikings are punch you in the mouth football team now, and have that "killer" instinct we needed in years previous to this one.

singersp
10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
"WVV" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Purpleride wrote:

Living in the south doesn't mean your white trash (sometimes it does) I lived in the hillibilly land for 6 years and not everyone is challenged.
Not all are toothless and inbred.
Mr. ride leave people alone

"Challenged Hillbilly lover'd" is what the automatic editor automatically changes "retarded" to.

snowinapril
10-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I predicted 24 points, without a D touchdown.
That was a bonus score.

Even with Hasselbeck in there, we would have won 24-20

COJOMAY
10-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Same difference.
;D

Vikefanman2000
10-22-2006, 09:47 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Purpleride wrote:

I'm guessing that you were not an English major.
;D

hahah
I'm just yanking your chain a bit....actually it surprises me that any Vikings fan on this board would take "personal" shots at another Vikes fan....
As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?"

ultravikingfan
10-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Wow, all this ugliness after a great win.

Use the "ignore" on folks and just do not respond.

jargomcfargo
10-23-2006, 12:21 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Wow, all this ugliness after a great win.

Use the "ignore" on folks and just do not respond.

What the hey? Are you trying to ignore me?

Just kidding! I truly am a hillbilly but am very happy today.

If we can't have a feel good thread after this win, we must be hillbilly challenged whatever!

I agree with you Ultra. Great win.

Muggsy
10-23-2006, 12:45 AM
All right, youse mugs! Listen up!

Here we gots a great game ta celebrate, and youse mugs are arguin' bout da media?

Gimme a break!

All I knows is, da Seahawk fans would love ta see all youse palookas catfightin' wit' each udda.
Now cut it out, before I get sore!

Here's to da Vikes! Wotta game!
;D

cajunvike
10-23-2006, 01:31 AM
"Muggsy" wrote:

Here we gots a great game ta celebrate, and youse mugs are arguin' bout da media?

Gimme a break!

All I knows is, da Seahawk fans would love ta see all youse palookas catfightin' wit' each udda.

;D

Lookee who's back!!!
;D

ItalianStallion
10-23-2006, 01:40 AM
This season I think is the first one where I have actually looked forward to watching the defense play more than the offense (although they played well today).

digital420
10-23-2006, 04:53 AM
The media will turn their heads the other way when we beat the next 3 teams..

after that.. they will be FORCED to acknowledge a team that is quickly rising to the top. wait to see where we stand in the power polls, and if we get a game on the nfl rewind. for sure one game will be atlanta - pissburg.. maybe the mia/gb game.. should be our game. but how many games ended this week with last minute wins?

seems the powerhouse teams arn't so powerhouse anymore.. and there is a complete lack of a clear #1 team who noone will beat.

just wait till the season is about to end and the media realizes that they shoulda been riding our bus to miami!!

DiGiTaL

Prophet
10-23-2006, 08:16 AM
"Muggsy" wrote:

Gimme a break!

;D

Nice to see you're out of solitary Muggsy!
Welcome back.

Zeus
10-23-2006, 08:17 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

It was one game.
And the Patriots are coming in a week from tonight.

=Z=

Zeus
10-23-2006, 08:19 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

ill tell you were we come up with this. how about on the fox OT on the recap of the game they show on crummy clip from the game and dont even talk about, and then later on the great plays of the day segment they show the friggin jackson td but do they even show the 95 YARD TD RUN by taylor or the 40 YARD TD PASS from bj? hell no. i actually gave the TV the finger. thats for you Jimmie, Terry, Howie and whats his name!

I have doubts that Jimmy, Terry & Howie (plus whats his name) pick the highlights.
The talking heads typically aren't involved in the production of the material.

=Z=

Zeus
10-23-2006, 08:19 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Purpleride wrote:

LOL!

=Z=

Prophet
10-23-2006, 08:23 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

It was one game.

=Z=

Yes, my point is the national media will officially start to recognize the Vikings this week and if they beat the Patriots they will officially be on the bandwagon until they lose to some half-wits.
I prefer when they give the Vikings minimal respect.

Zeus
10-23-2006, 08:27 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

It was one game.

=Z=

Yes, my point is the national media will officially start to recognize the Vikings this week and if they beat the Patriots they will officially be on the bandwagon until they lose to some half-wits.
I prefer when they give the Vikings minimal respect.

Ah, okay.

Well, tune in tomorrow morning when Week 7's "The Final Word" Power Poll comes out.
I'm sure the monkeys in the back room will work that whole "media respect" angle into the final rankings.

=Z=