PDA

View Full Version : Cajun and PacNWVike - change of nationality?



AngloVike
10-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?

As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !

cajunvike
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.

2beersTommy
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
:P
j/k
I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.

cajunvike
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
:P
j/k
I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.


Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D

whackthepack
10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:


My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.



Cajun I am half french and my name comes from my French heritage, my ancestors came here in the mid 17th century and if they could see what France has become in the last 200 years they would puke!

I would not fly their flag, but I would wipe my behind with it!

Vikes
10-18-2006, 11:12 AM
My heritage is homosapien. ;D

AngloVike
10-19-2006, 07:06 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:


Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D

lol...... a reputation in their own minds
;D
and as said in Monty Python & the Holy Grail .." of course zi am french, why else do you think I have zis outrageous accent you silly king you. "

Zeus
10-19-2006, 07:20 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

=Z=

mr.woo
10-19-2006, 07:41 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

=Z=


well said

BadlandsVikings
10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
I live in ND, but I put the Ole and Lena flag on just to be different.
All of my family is Norwegian and this time of year they all have lutefisf and meatballs coming out of their ears.

AngloVike
10-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Well hope no-one is taking offense on this, I know many on here have links back to various countries, so people with non-US flags don't think I'm having a go at you cos I'm not !
I was just looking on it as an opportunity to stir Cajun up on something other than his spelling
;D

whackthepack
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"2beersTommy" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
:P
j/k
I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.


Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D



The French were our allies because we opposed the British, if they could separate the British from the colonies it gave them far greater power if the Atlantic if the British were defeated.
Shortly after the revolutionary war the French tried very hard to stifle the growth of the American states and we ended up in a undeclared war with France from the mid 1790's to the start of the war of 1812 which if the British had not tried to take back the colonies that war could very easily been against the French instead of the British.


And as far as the Civil war Cajun you are way wrong the French backed the South and even created a Confederate puppet government in Mexico and the block was to keep the Union fleet out of the south, and the french supplied the south with weapons.

France has not been a friend to the US and if it can back stab the US it does!
Check out a book called Our Oldest Enemy by Miller (can't remember his 1st name).
It gives a historical background to the French / American relationship and the political and economic reasons that the French opposed the US and it started shortly after we defeated their main enemy at the time the British.

And by the way we kind of paid them back for their assistance in the Revolutionary war by saving them from the Germans (twice).
The French are not and have not been allies of the United States, and the only reason that France does things because it benefits France, like sell weapons against the UN mandates to Iraq and they sold Nuclear technology to both India and Pakistan after signing the non-Nuclear proliferation act.

But then again Cajun as much as you hate the government of the United States I can see why you fly the French flag!

Vikes_King
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
i and Norwgian, Swedish, Candian-French, German, etc, both most importantly; I'm American.

now im glad that many of you are proud of your ancestory, as am I, however, i do not fly their flag, not on my porch/lawn/car/what-have-you, or even on this forum; as many of you have now decided to.
I'm not saying it's wrong that you choose to do so; living in the USA, that is your born right, in many countries it would be considered treason.

however, i believe that despite our mixed backgrounds, none of us (besides those of u not from the U.S.) are German, French, English, Scottish, Irish, etc, etc, we all live in this great country, and should be proud of that fact above all.
And no, i'm not preaching about assimilation; where i think we should all be the same.

oh, and the arguement about the Jewish friends that fly the flag of Israel, that is normally for different reasons, yes their proud of their heritage, but its more so because the star of david is the symbol for their religion, the country of Israel is the holy land of their beliefs, and they are proud to fly it for those reasons.
However, most, or at least most i've come in contact with, also fly and American flag next to it, because that is their home, despite their heritage, their American, not Israeli, as you're not French.

cajunvike
10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"2beersTommy" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
:P
j/k
I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.


Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D



The French were our allies because we opposed the British, if they could separate the British from the colonies it gave them far greater power if the Atlantic if the British were defeated.
Shortly after the revolutionary war the French tried very hard to stifle the growth of the American states and we ended up in a undeclared war with France from the mid 1790's to the start of the war of 1812 which if the British had not tried to take back the colonies that war could very easily been against the French instead of the British.


And as far as the Civil war Cajun you are way wrong the French backed the South and even created a Confederate puppet government in Mexico and the block was to keep the Union fleet out of the south, and the french supplied the south with weapons.

France has not been a friend to the US and if it can back stab the US it does!
Check out a book called Our Oldest Enemy by Miller (can't remember his 1st name).
It gives a historical background to the French / American relationship and the political and economic reasons that the French opposed the US and it started shortly after we defeated their main enemy at the time the British.

And by the way we kind of paid them back for their assistance in the Revolutionary war by saving them from the Germans (twice).
The French are not and have not been allies of the United States, and the only reason that France does things because it benefits France, like sell weapons against the UN mandates to Iraq and they sold Nuclear technology to both India and Pakistan after signing the non-Nuclear proliferation act.

But then again Cajun as much as you hate the government of the United States I can see why you fly the French flag!

You guy read WAY TOO MUCH into the flag stuff!!!


Get over it!!!


And of course, you fly NO FLAG!!!

cajunvike
10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


i and Norwgian, Swedish, Candian-French, German, etc, both most importantly; I'm American.

now im glad that many of you are proud of your ancestory, as am I, however, i do not fly their flag, not on my porch/lawn/car/what-have-you, or even on this forum; as many of you have now decided to.
I'm not saying it's wrong that you choose to do so; living in the USA, that is your born right, in many countries it would be considered treason.

however, i believe that despite our mixed backgrounds, none of us (besides those of u not from the U.S.) are German, French, English, Scottish, Irish, etc, etc, we all live in this great country, and should be proud of that fact above all.
And no, i'm not preaching about assimilation; where i think we should all be the same.

oh, and the arguement about the Jewish friends that fly the flag of Israel, that is normally for different reasons, yes their proud of their heritage, but its more so because the star of david is the symbol for their religion, the country of Israel is the holy land of their beliefs, and they are proud to fly it for those reasons.
However, most, or at least most i've come in contact with, also fly and American flag next to it, because that is their home, despite their heritage, their American, not Israeli, as you're not French.




And of course, you fly NO FLAG!!!

Prophet
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm a mutt, too many nationalities in my background.
Can I fly all the flags?

Vikes_King
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
well i meant to =] believe me, US flags everywhere around here. i'll change taht just for you babe.

im extremely patriotic, kinda embarrassed that i didnt actually notice the nationality function thingy earlier.

whackthepack
10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"whackthepack" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"2beersTommy" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
:o Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
:P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !


Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
:P
j/k
I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.


Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D



The French were our allies because we opposed the British, if they could separate the British from the colonies it gave them far greater power if the Atlantic if the British were defeated.
Shortly after the revolutionary war the French tried very hard to stifle the growth of the American states and we ended up in a undeclared war with France from the mid 1790's to the start of the war of 1812 which if the British had not tried to take back the colonies that war could very easily been against the French instead of the British.


And as far as the Civil war Cajun you are way wrong the French backed the South and even created a Confederate puppet government in Mexico and the block was to keep the Union fleet out of the south, and the french supplied the south with weapons.

France has not been a friend to the US and if it can back stab the US it does!
Check out a book called Our Oldest Enemy by Miller (can't remember his 1st name).
It gives a historical background to the French / American relationship and the political and economic reasons that the French opposed the US and it started shortly after we defeated their main enemy at the time the British.

And by the way we kind of paid them back for their assistance in the Revolutionary war by saving them from the Germans (twice).
The French are not and have not been allies of the United States, and the only reason that France does things because it benefits France, like sell weapons against the UN mandates to Iraq and they sold Nuclear technology to both India and Pakistan after signing the non-Nuclear proliferation act.

But then again Cajun as much as you hate the government of the United States I can see why you fly the French flag!

You guy read WAY TOO MUCH into the flag stuff!!!


Get over it!!!


And of course, you fly NO FLAG!!!



When Webby switched over to the new format it must not have come with, but I will change that right away Cajun.

I am not ashamed to say I am from the United States of America like some people,
because if it is a choice to live here under this government or in Syria or Iran under their government I choose here every f*cking time!

YogidAbEAR
10-22-2006, 01:50 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


i and Norwgian, Swedish, Candian-French, German, etc, both most importantly; I'm American.

now im glad that many of you are proud of your ancestory, as am I, however, i do not fly their flag, not on my porch/lawn/car/what-have-you, or even on this forum; as many of you have now decided to.
I'm not saying it's wrong that you choose to do so; living in the USA, that is your born right, in many countries it would be considered treason.

however, i believe that despite our mixed backgrounds, none of us (besides those of u not from the U.S.) are German, French, English, Scottish, Irish, etc, etc, we all live in this great country, and should be proud of that fact above all.
And no, i'm not preaching about assimilation; where i think we should all be the same.

oh, and the arguement about the Jewish friends that fly the flag of Israel, that is normally for different reasons, yes their proud of their heritage, but its more so because the star of david is the symbol for their religion, the country of Israel is the holy land of their beliefs, and they are proud to fly it for those reasons.
However, most, or at least most i've come in contact with, also fly and American flag next to it, because that is their home, despite their heritage, their American, not Israeli, as you're not French.





fly the maple leaf loud and proud. its superior ro every other country in the world :D

singersp
10-22-2006, 07:16 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Uh...excuse me!
The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!
:D


Where was that love & friendship during Desert Storm?

Also, I'll emphasize these words in your quote,
"when we were were still English colonies!

English colonies, not French.
;D :P

VKG4LFE
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.



You're a traitor, so now I hate you!! lol jk

Italian for life!!

cajunvike
10-25-2006, 07:17 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.



You're a traitor, so now I hate you!! lol jk

Italian for life!!


Hey, I have some Italian blood flowing in my veins too...I might even have to fly the Italian flag for a few weeks a year!
;D

See...I'm not ALL bad!
;)

VKG4LFE
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Alright, as long as you do that then you'll be fine in my book!!

6-KINGS
11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.


Cajun to help you celebrate, I am going to buy you this shirt!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/6-kings/french.jpg

ItalianStallion
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Whatever, everyone knows that Canada is the best country in the world :P, well at least Alberta
:).

Zeus
11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:


Whatever, everyone knows that Canada is the best country in the world :P, well at least Alberta
:).


We shoulda annexed Canadia back in 1814 when we had a chance.

=Z=

cajunvike
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


My heritage is mostly French...and so to celebrate it, I am displaying the French (note the CAPITAL F) flag, you limey bastard! :D

Nothing wrong with showing some ethnic pride...it doesn't mean that I don't love my country!
Heck, I have many Jewish friends who proudly display the Isreali flag...and I see nothing wrong with that either.


Cajun to help you celebrate, I am going to buy you this shirt!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/6-kings/french.jpg


As long as she's in it when you give it to me...and I can get her out of it, then that's fine by me!
:D

cajunvike
11-16-2006, 09:23 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


Whatever, everyone knows that Canada is the best country in the world :P, well at least Alberta
:).


We shoulda annexed Canadia back in 1814 when we had a chance.

=Z=


Yep...then my peeps could've taken back Acadie!!!!
;D

AngloVike
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


Whatever, everyone knows that Canada is the best country in the world :P, well at least Alberta
:).


We shoulda annexed Canadia back in 1814 when we had a chance.

=Z=


you mean you haven't done that already ?
Always thought that Canada was the 51st state
;D

Zeus
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


Whatever, everyone knows that Canada is the best country in the world :P, well at least Alberta
:).


We shoulda annexed Canadia back in 1814 when we had a chance.

=Z=


you mean you haven't done that already ?

Always thought that Canada was the 51st state
;D


Not officially.
We don't want to get stuck with Quebec.

=Z=

ItalianStallion
11-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Man, Canada is sweet.
We take the best parts of American culture (TV, movies, sports, fast food, music) and throw out the bad (politicians, guns, beer, obesity) and throw in some canadian gold (hockey, beer, Tim Horton's, health care, cheap university etc.).

That and the fact we probably have the greatest abundance of natural resources
:P, and most importantly, a greater percentage of hot women.

digital420
11-19-2006, 04:37 AM
i was born in duluth, grew up in the iron range/duluth, when i was 15 moved to mpls. 18 iowa (univ) 19/20 mpls 20-25 colorado, 25-present athens. as i'm 32 it's my longest stint anywhere. s
i lost the sense of roots, as i'm 1/4 a lot of things. but thanks to the net. i'm in all them and none of them at any given time. so i'll fly the flag of hte place i'm living.


DiGiTaL

"everythings gone wrong since canada came along" Mrs B. SouthParkNews

FedjeViking
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
"WVV" wrote:


I live in ND, but I put the Ole and Lena flag on just to be different.
All of my family is Norwegian and this time of year they all have lutefisf and meatballs coming out of their ears.


Sorry I missed this thread before. But I see I hadn't made the thread and I changed my flag when I got back from Norway.
;D

I'm proud to be an American, but I'm also proud of my Norwegian heritage, and also of all the Norwegian cousins I met in Norway!

Go America! Go Norway! Go Vikings!