PDA

View Full Version : Vikings new uniforms

johnnyreeferseed
10-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Being a Vikings fan since the 60's I have to say the new uniforms are totally gay. Who in the hell came up with that design? What was wrong with the previous uniforms?

First the vikings play indoors and now this. No wonder they can't win a championship. They need to play outside on real turf and ditch the fairy uniforms.

johnnyreeferseed
10-15-2006, 08:02 AM
The word that was censored is gay

ultravikingfan
10-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Welcome.

I do not think the uniforms have much to do with championships and personally I like them a lot; change can be a good thing.

I do agree with you on the outdoor field.
If we had one, think of the home field advantage when a southern team has to come up here when it's -20!

Once again, welcome to PP.O.

singersp
10-15-2006, 08:07 AM
There is nothing we can do to change the design.

I believe it was just one phase in the new path the Vikings are taking as a team, the new staff & the new ownership. Out with the old & in with the new.

I have come to accept & like the new style uni's, except for the purple socks. The pictures you've seen on the internet or TV don't do them any justice. When I saw the actual uni's themselves, they looked a whole lot better than what I had originally thought.

The purple is purple & not blue as they appear in pics & TV.

johnnyreeferseed
10-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I think the uniforms have a lot to do with how the players play. How are they supposed to kick ass when they look so fruity? It's hard to take them serious when their uniforms look like they do. We need to start a petition to get rid of the new uniforms

singersp
10-15-2006, 08:12 AM
"johnnyreeferseed" wrote:

I think the uniforms have a lot to do with how the players play. How are they supposed to kick jiggly butt when they look so fruity? It's hard to take them serious when their uniforms look like they do. We need to start a petition to get rid of the new uniforms

It certainly doesn't appear to be having an impact on the defense in a negative way.
;)

johnnyreeferseed
10-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Even so, you have to admit they look dorky. They'll lose merchandising revenue because nobody in their right mind would be caught dead paying money to wear one of those jerseys. I hope they still plan on keeping the old style for sale.

NodakPaul
10-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I like the new uniforms.
I am also a long time vikigns fan (though only since the mid-seventies, so you have some years on me :)), but I think a change was due.
I particularly like the away uniforms.
I have long thought our white on white away scheme was ugly.
I think the new away uniforms are sharp.
The new homes, to be honest, aren't a whole lot different than the old ones.

VikesfaninWis
10-15-2006, 08:31 AM
The new uniforms are just fine.. They changed things up a little with the unis and fans start freaking out for some reason.. Change is not always a bad thing.. I happen to like the new purple pants, and the the new design on the jerseys and pants..

You asked what was wrong with the old ones? That is exactly it, they were old.. This is a new era in the NFL, and many teams are changing things up somewhat.. You will have some here on your side, but alot of us like the new unis.. Regardless of what we want, or what we like, it won't change the fact that they are staying..

singersp
10-15-2006, 08:42 AM

Even so, you have to admit they look dorky. They'll lose merchandising revenue because nobody in their right mind would be caught dead paying money to wear one of those jerseys. I hope they still plan on keeping the old style for sale.

I have 4 of the new jerseys. You can't get the new players on the old style ones unless they are custom made.

I do not think they are dorky, but they aren't as great as what we had.

KrackerJack
10-15-2006, 08:53 AM
lol, oh man, I totally disagree....I love our new Uniforms, well actually like what's his face said (forgot who said it) they look way better when you seem in person than on pictures. Secondly uniforms don't decide if you go to a championship for the following reasons: packers won a super bowl (but were on steroids at the time), if you're playing pro football the uniforms shouldn't matter, you should be 90% if not more buissness....

singersp
10-15-2006, 09:02 AM
"KrackerJack" wrote:

lol, oh man, I totally disagree....I love our new Uniforms, well actually like what's his face said (forgot who said it) they look way better when you seem in person than on pictures. Secondly uniforms don't decide if you go to a championship for the following reasons: packers won a super bowl (but were on steroids at the time), if you're playing pro football the uniforms shouldn't matter, you should be 90% if not more buissness....

LOL! I don't think I have ever been refered to as "what's his face" before.

snowinapril
10-15-2006, 10:17 AM
all you can do is hope for throwback day.

what is it, every team can throw it back twice a year?

johnnyreeferseed
10-15-2006, 10:24 AM
This is wierd because of the several dozens of friends and family I have in Minnesota, not a single one of them are happy with the fruity uniforms. The stripe on the leg looks dumb as hell. The Bears, Packers, and Lions haven't changed up their uniforms much, why do the Vikings have to look stupid? Down here in Iowa, when I mention I'm a Vikings fan, people always comment on the uniforms. Almost always the word gay comes up.

PurplePumpkin
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
I was very excited for the uniform change. When they first were revealed I was a little disappointed. I think their a bit flashy but creative none the less. The more the season progresses the more I like them. Like NodakPaul I like the Away uniforms better.

NeoVikesTX
10-15-2006, 11:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:

There is nothing we can do to change the design.

I believe it was just one phase in the new path the Vikings are taking as a team, the new staff & the new ownership. Out with the old & in with the new.

I have come to accept & like the new style uni's, except for the purple socks. The pictures you've seen on the internet or TV don't do them any justice. When I saw the actual uni's themselves, they looked a whole lot better than what I had originally thought.

The purple is purple & not blue as they appear in pics & TV.

I agree with the purple socks on the away unis.
They really need alternate socks to compliment the away uniforms that are white at the top and purple on the bottom.

That is my only complaint about the new uniforms though.
I like the change and I think a lot of teams will follow.
Well at least the ones that don't think they have too much "tradition" to change their jerseys.

I've also seen the new uniforms in person and agree that they look really good in person.

My advice to johnnyreeferseed is to root for another team if all you care about are the uniforms.
Not all 32 teams can be a shade of blue.
And how did the Ravens win the Superbowl and have the best defense in the league if players can't play tough wearing purple?

Billy Boy
10-15-2006, 11:48 AM
side note on the slightly
uniforms.

My lady friend just asked me "what came first, purple pride for the vikings or purple pride for
people?"...disturbing.

PurpleRide
10-15-2006, 04:04 PM

I think the uniforms have a lot to do with how the players play. How are they supposed to kick jiggly butt when they look so fruity? It's hard to take them serious when their uniforms look like they do. We need to start a petition to get rid of the new uniforms

WTF?
They resemble a lot of new style jerseys, hey just because we are not "from the day" when everything was perfect doesnt give you any right to question a jesery and call it fruity.
So the players are "fruity" because they are not wearing jerseys designed from the great 60's?
Oh how the world was a better place back then, you know when "fruity" jerseys did not exsist.

I will challange your petition, I like change, I like the fact our owner wants the entire scence to change, the attitude, the problems, this is just one thing he did to get the old vikings attitude out of the door.

Maybe I am fruity then because i was born in the late 70's, I was not a kid growing up in the 60's so i dont know what living the perfect life is like.

You don't like them, buy an old one or root for a new team

BadlandsVikings
10-15-2006, 04:22 PM

I dare you to walk up to one of the players and tell them they look like a dork in the new uniform.
:)
As long as they win I would'nt care if they wore burlap bags.

Prophet
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM

Being a Vikings fan since the 60's I have to say the new uniforms are totally ***. Who in the hell came up with that design? What was wrong with the previous uniforms?

First the vikings play indoors and now this. No wonder they can't win a championship. They need to play outside on real turf and ditch the fairy uniforms.

;D welcome to the site.
I think you need the herbage instead of the seeds, it usually works better.

I agree, they should play outdoors, the uniforms don't matter to me either way.

FuadFan
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I like the new uniforms and all this outdoor talk is really overrated home field advantage is home field advantage outdoor weather is no more effective then indoor noise a good team will win.

ChiTownVike
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM

I proudly wear my Williamson jersey in public. Even though people make fun of me because of Williamson cant catch a pass, but not the uni

I think they are fine

vikes_4_life_42
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
i definately think it was time for a uni change. the other ones were old and ugly and outdated. i love the new uni's (im wearing mine right now!) "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

The new uniforms are just fine.. They changed things up a little with the unis and fans start freaking out for some reason.. Change is not always a bad thing.. I happen to like the new purple pants, and the the new design on the jerseys and pants..

You asked what was wrong with the old ones? That is exactly it, they were old.. This is a new era in the NFL, and many teams are changing things up somewhat.. You will have some here on your side, but alot of us like the new unis.. Regardless of what we want, or what we like, it won't change the fact that they are staying..

i definately agree with you! also, what does the style of your uniform have to do with how well you play?

sleepagent
10-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Times change.
Styles Change.

The Vikings went from out-dated to cutting edge.

Wasn't sure at first . . . but got my son & I a new jersey.

Now we love 'em.

Agree with the outdoor stadium thing though.
It needs to be a requirement for the North Division.
:D

nailscoop55
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
At first i thought the uniforms were ugly but they started to grow on me and i have really grown to like them. On to the staduim subject, why does everyone want a outdoor stadium, there would be much less noise and why do we have to be like everyone esle in the league and play outdoors, cant we be unique.