PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with us fans?!?!



davike
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!

cajunvike
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
It's not like we are giving up on the Vikes, davike!
It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!

VikesfaninWis
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey bud, break that up into two paragraphs next time...

I was pissed off mainly because we should be 4-0 right now instead of 2-2.. I did not before nor do I now think that Childress was a mistake.. I also don't think that Mike Tomlin is a mistake.. He has our defense playing better then it has in years..

I however wouldn't care if we got rid of Darrell Bevell.. He is the one making up teh offensive scheme each week with being the OC.. It is just Childress calling the plays.. Maybe we need to think of a different game plan, and that rests on the shoulders of Darrell Bevell..

Also, the only player that I suggested we part ways with is Fred Smoot.. He gets burned, is paid very well, and has piss poor tackling abilities.. We could easily start either Cedric Griffin, or Roynell Whitaker in his place and come out better.. Tahnks for the post, and you're feelings on that matter.. We are better fans then that, and I am sure some people are going overboard on the blame game.. Just wanted to clear my name.. :D



Hoorah!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-02-2006, 04:24 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:


Hey bud, break that up into two paragraphs next time...

I was pissed off mainly because we should be 4-0 right now instead of 2-2.. I did not before nor do I now think that Childress was a mistake.. I also don't think that Mike Tomlin is a mistake.. He has our defense playing better then it has in years..

I however wouldn't care if we got rid of Darrell Bevell.. He is the one making up teh offensive scheme each week with being the OC.. It is just Childress calling the plays.. Maybe we need to think of a different game plan, and that rests on the shoulders of Darrell Bevell..

Also, the only player that I suggested we part ways with is Fred Smoot.. He gets burned, is paid very well, and has piss poor tackling abilities.. We could easily start either Cedric Griffin, or Roynell Whitaker in his place and come out better.. Tahnks for the post, and you're feelings on that matter.. We are better fans then that, and I am sure some people are going overboard on the blame game.. Just wanted to clear my name.. :D



Hoorah!!!!!


I agree 100% with everything you just said. I do agree with da though. What is up with these new whiney, bandwagoners on here? In the live chat some people said I was the only one in there with balls for calling these idiots out. It shouldn't be that way in vikes land! Everyone is so quick to throw this team away and call it a season. It's not over yet... We have 12 weeks to go. Who knows, we could be 14-2..

davike
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


It's not like we are giving up on the Vikes, davike!
It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!


thats true. we deff need to cut back the mistakes and we deff have the talent but alot of those mistakes are because all our players aren't on the same page, and the play calling is just some rookie mistakes. at least half of our mistakes have been made because we are a "new" team that hasn't quite got it all together yet, and considering that i have been impressed that we have done this well, and i agree that the 2 losses were winnable games, i picked the vikes to win both of those. and alot of fans don't seem to get that through their heads that we are a new team that is going to make rookie mistakes.

davike
10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


"VikesfaninWis" wrote:


Hey bud, break that up into two paragraphs next time...

I was pissed off mainly because we should be 4-0 right now instead of 2-2.. I did not before nor do I now think that Childress was a mistake.. I also don't think that Mike Tomlin is a mistake.. He has our defense playing better then it has in years..

I however wouldn't care if we got rid of Darrell Bevell.. He is the one making up teh offensive scheme each week with being the OC.. It is just Childress calling the plays.. Maybe we need to think of a different game plan, and that rests on the shoulders of Darrell Bevell..

Also, the only player that I suggested we part ways with is Fred Smoot.. He gets burned, is paid very well, and has piss poor tackling abilities.. We could easily start either Cedric Griffin, or Roynell Whitaker in his place and come out better.. Tahnks for the post, and you're feelings on that matter.. We are better fans then that, and I am sure some people are going overboard on the blame game.. Just wanted to clear my name.. :D



Hoorah!!!!!


I agree 100% with everything you just said. I do agree with da though. What is up with these new whiney, bandwagoners on here? In the live chat some people said I was the only one in there with balls for calling these idiots out. It shouldn't be that way in vikes land! Everyone is so quick to throw this team away and call it a season. It's not over yet... We have 12 weeks to go. Who knows, we could be 14-2..


im liking the positive stuff!!! :D i am perty new on here though, so sorry if i have been whiney :-\ Hey i just noticed i am a rookie now!! yay!!!

Prophet
10-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Criticism and praise for the team are the only reasons the site exists.
The unsupported and idiotic statement are easily explained by answering your question:
we are Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.

Zeus
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
"davike" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


It's not like we are giving up on the Vikes, davike!
It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!


thats true. we deff need to cut back the mistakes and we deff have the talent but alot of those mistakes are because all our players aren't on the same page, and the play calling is just some rookie mistakes. at least half of our mistakes have been made because we are a "new" team that hasn't quite got it all together yet, and considering that i have been impressed that we have done this well, and i agree that the 2 losses were winnable games, i picked the vikes to win both of those. and alot of fans don't seem to get that through their heads that we are a new team that is going to make rookie mistakes.


Fred Smoot should know how to tackle.
Bryant McKinnie should know how to run-block.
Kenechi Udeze should know how not to jump offsides.
Marcus Johnson should know how not to false start.
Troy Williamson should know how to catch the ball.

Yes, Udeze, Johnson and Williamson are young players - but those are all basic skills which professional athletes should have before they reach this level.

=Z=

mr.woo
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


It's not like we are giving up on the Vikes, davike!
It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!

every single team in the league could make this same claim.

vike_mike
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I have asked this question before and I will say it again.
Why did we go for the long pass against the Bears when all we had to do is get 7 yards?
We went for it all when we didn't have to.
All we had to do was get the first down.
We had the Bears on the ropes ready for the knockout.
We would have won easily.
We cannot keep kicking field goals and expect to win.

vikinggreg
10-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Its like communal healing thing, especially the hard losses that are close or the teams we shot ourselves in the foot over.

Sure we hung in with the Bears, well we were leading, that loss stung

The Bills loss was just ugly, we just out uglied the Bills

If we didn't rant and get it out in a healthy forum and show our overwelming knowledge of next to nothing we could end up at the top of a tower looking at people through a scope :o

ultravikingfan
10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, thats Viking fans for ya.

But, we always rebound quickly and have a ton of fight in us for the next game!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-02-2006, 09:51 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Well, thats Viking fans for ya.

But, we always rebound quickly and have a ton of fight in us for the next game!


If we don't have fight for the Lions, that's when you start worrying.

mnjamie
10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
"davike" wrote:


so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!


so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse

Been a fan since 1977, only missed watching 2 games during that time span, that's 29 years ... I can be as critical as I want.

Also, have seen too many good opportunities slip away and games like this ALWAYS come back to bite us in the a$$ at the end of the season when attempting to get into the playoffs.

people are saying that we should get rid of players

I will take the blame for starting the "Get Rid of Smoot" campaign.
I said it when we played the Panthers this year.
Oh by the way, we won that game and I still said it.
He is a liability on the field.
I was at the Bears game and watched him a majority of the time and told Webby, WBL, and Neum then he had to go.
This week against the Bills, just confirming what I believed.

saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin.

Too early to say Childress as a H.C. was a mistake, but his "O" play calling DEFINATELY has to be questioned.
It's the NFL and we all know what that means .. Not For Long if you can't adjust your play calling and "O" formations to get favorable match up's for offensive productivity.

we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2

With the talent this team has across the board, we do have a few holes here and there, there is no reason why we should not have been 5-0 going into the bye week.
As stated, I was at the Bear game and we were neck and neck with the Bears the entire game.
Their "O" lineman stated in an article that our "D" dominated them the entire game.

So instead, we give that game away ... which in essence equalled 2 games to make up inside the division and then don't put out the effort yesterday.
I can handle loosing, lack of effort against a team we should beat, pi$$es me off !!!

Again, this site is designed for all opinions.
I don't think 98% of this board has given up on the season, but a large portion of this sites members have alot of time and energy invested in this team ... We have earned the right to be critical.

jargomcfargo
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:


"davike" wrote:


so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!


so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse

Been a fan since 1977, only missed watching 2 games during that time span, that's 29 years ... I can be as critical as I want.

Also, have seen too many good opportunities slip away and games like this ALWAYS come back to bite us in the a$$ at the end of the season when attempting to get into the playoffs.

people are saying that we should get rid of players

I will take the blame for starting the "Get Rid of Smoot" campaign.
I said it when we played the Panthers this year.
Oh by the way, we won that game and I still said it.
He is a liability on the field.
I was at the Bears game and watched him a majority of the time and told Webby, WBL, and Neum then he had to go.
This week against the Bills, just confirming what I believed.

saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin.

Too early to say Childress as a H.C. was a mistake, but his "O" play calling DEFINATELY has to be questioned.
It's the NFL and we all know what that means .. Not For Long if you can't adjust your play calling and "O" formations to get favorable match up's for offensive productivity.

we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2

With the talent this team has across the board, we do have a few holes here and there, there is no reason why we should not have been 5-0 going into the bye week.
As stated, I was at the Bear game and we were neck and neck with the Bears the entire game.
Their "O" lineman stated in an article that our "D" dominated them the entire game.

So instead, we give that game away ... which in essence equalled 2 games to make up inside the division and then don't put out the effort yesterday.
I can handle loosing, lack of effort against a team we should beat, pi$$es me off !!!

Again, this site is designed for all opinions.
I don't think 98% of this board has given up on the season, but a large portion of this sites members have alot of time and energy invested in this team ... We have earned the right to be critical.




Thank you mnjamie for expressing the way I feel better than I could. I have always enjoyed your posts here.

I'm the guy that " bashed Tomlin " evidently. Holy blasphemy Batman, we aren't fans if we criticize the team??

I merely said that when Fred Smoot gets beat pass after pass in the first half as well as the second half, Tomlin has to own a part of that.Where was the adjustment?
Tomlin is great and we have the best defense we have had in years but you don't get a free ride because of it!
Hell, people here crucified last years coaches for Smoot's performance against Carolina.

I love this team and have for a long time.

I was there for every single superbowl loss. I watched Sammy White drop a ball in the end zone against the Steelers that resulted in a 14 point swing and the superbowl win.

I was there when Hank Stram(spelling?) said , lets matriculate the ball down the field
men, as they kicked the Vikings butts in 69.

I was there when Darren Nelson dropped a pass in the end zone against the Redskins in the early 80's that would have sent us to the superbowl against a weak Denver team that the Redskins kicked the crap out of.

And, I was there when Denny Green went conservative against Atlanta in the second half on offense and played prevent on defense, only to choke with the best Vikings team in history.

So you can be an apologist and make excuses as to why we didn't win and accept a mediocre result.

But people like me , and maybe mnjamie too , realize this is a potentially great team we love that could and maybe should have been 4-0.

If the team loses but I see improvement I don't have a problem.

But I don't see that pre-season or first game offense. I see regression!

We have lived through so much dissappointment over the years " We have earned the right to be critical"

So don't pat me on the hand and tell me everything is fine.

And the guy who thinks he's a hero for calling people who criticize bandwagoners is a zip!

olson_10
10-02-2006, 11:24 PM
this team is a couple coaching decisions away from 4-0 right now..we have every right to be angry..i agree with jargomcfargo on what he says about those critisizing us "bandwagoners"

apparently on this site when you get angry at your team not playing up to its expectations, ur a bandwagon fan..im sorry, but with the way we are playing offensively right now, things ARE NOT going to be alright

Mike Tice had a far less talented offense last season with BJ playing QB, and did a heck of a lot more with it..Childress has come in and completely thrown out the book on on-field discipline, and has come up with quite possibly the worst offensive scheme seen ina long time in this league..this team has the talent to WIN NOW, rather than sit back and fail because "well the coach is learning guys, give him a break"..this is the goddamn nfl, there is no learning curve for coaches without pissing off fans

we have every right as paying customers and loyal vikings fans to beeyatch and moan about whatever we please, so get over it!

this entire website wouldnt exist if we didnt talk about things or share ideas on this teams success/failures..starting a post like this on a football fan forum is absolutely rediculous because the thread lives and breathes on positive/NEGATIVE discussion about your team

in my opinion, those who just sit there and think "well everythings gonna be okay regardless of how bad we look" are the ones that arent so passionate, and are completely blind to the fact that this team needs to make MAJOR improvements! whatever they may be!

thevikingfan
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Heres how i c it.If BJ leads us to the playoffs this year we start him next year,If he doesnt and continues playing like he is now then we start t-jack

Billy Boy
10-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.

cajunvike
10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Not a D-A-M-N thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slavinator
10-03-2006, 12:32 AM
That was probably the worst played game other that I have seen in a
long time.
Other than the start of the game and the last few mins of the half and game the vikes were terrible.
I think that we all deserve to be upset.


I would also say that after seeing the CHI and SEA game last night it only adds salt to the wounds.
We played the Bears very well and SHOULD have beat them (mistakes/penaltie=loss).
I think that it was a major let down and we ALL looked past the Bills.
I know I did.
When we came out and marched it right down the field I thought that it was going to be a walk in the park.......EHHHHH (WRONG ANSWER)!!

That is not to say that we should think it is self destruct time. This team needs to rally and play for the wild card.
I think that we have a pretty good shot at it depending on how we rebound after that pharce of a game.
I would expect to see them come out with a vengance on Sunday/Monday when we take on DET.


The other great thing to take from the loss is all the comments that the coaches and players are making about "manning up" and playing to thier full ability.
I like it that they are looking themselves square in the mirror and saying I didnt get it done, and I let my teammates down.


Now, whose got the look a like thread for this week??? FIRE IT UP!! Lets move on.......


Skol!

Vikes_King
10-03-2006, 01:49 AM
"Billy" wrote:


I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.


sorry, all i can say to this is a simple "lol"

clearly a diehard football fan

digital420
10-03-2006, 07:34 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Billy" wrote:


I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.


sorry, all i can say to this is a simple "lol"

clearly a diehard football fan


i don't think fan would fit in that profile.

DiGiTaL

davike
10-03-2006, 09:36 AM
first of all i didn't say that we couldn't critisize the vikings....i do that, but there was stuff going on that was going deeper then ctritisism, fargo, i did not think that you were the one to bash tomlin what you said i don't consider that a bash, that was good solid critisism that makes sense. but what i am saying is yeah we may have been a couple coaching decisions away from 4-0, but that is evidence of a rookie coaching staff, and we can't expect them to come out and make all the right decisions right now, if they had a couple years of
experiece, well i think we probably would be 4-0 right now, and im not saying its all the coaching staffs fault either. i am not getting after you ppl that are critisizing, i am getting after the ppl that are bashing and im not talking about fans just on here. the guy that said that we should get rid of tomlin wasn't a member or a guest on this site. bashing in my opinion is not critisism. bashing is worthless. critisism is helpful and i the bashers are the ppl we are calling bandwagoners, ppl are right our offense is not what it should be, im not running away from mistakes or problems and convincing myself everything is fine. but bashing is not the way. so fargo i agree with you that fans should critisize.

davike
10-03-2006, 09:41 AM
"Billy" wrote:


I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.
s


there is still 12 games left for us to win....so to count anybody out of the playoffs except like the packers, raiders, ect....is nonsense

Del Rio
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
The truth of the matter is this: There are about 3 people on this site that make unsupported off the wall comments about our coaching staff and about our players. Either they are sincerely mentally retarded, or they hate the staff for some reason that they look for every opportunity to slander the team.

Then there are thousands of people who have no problem in trying to analyze the production and brain storm solutions and causes for the problems. Mostly for fun or stress relief.

When you are coming off a loss, and you see these numbnutish threads started by the same three people over and over, then it weighs on you. Then you read one of the thousand posts by people who are really just trying to figure out what is wrong it all adds up and appears there are a large number of people who are freaking out.

This happens every year on here. My best advice is locate the few that are not worth listening to and burn the screen name into your brain and just forget about it. I would be willing to bet that the majority of our posters here would not agree with the views of flaming tomlin, childress, etc.

marantzo
10-03-2006, 10:50 AM
There are things that deserve to be criticized about the play of the Vikings this year, but as has been said many times on these forums, it's a new team with a new scheme with a new coaching staff, so these criticisms should only be constructive criticism rather than dismissive ones. Except for one thing that I can think of that deserves a serious amount of criticism and can't be blamed on newness. Every pro football player should be very conscious about not screwing up before the ball is snapped, in crucial situations. This is entirely unacceptible. When you are in a 2 point situation, you don't move before the ball is snapped. Period. When the opposing team is running a 3rd and short or a 4th and short, you don't get drawn offside. Period. You keep your head in the game and tell yourself that this is a crucial play
and this is one thing that I cannot do! Missed catches, missed tackles, badly thrown passes, missed blocks etc. these are things that happen during the heat of a game and with hope will lessen as the team gels, but a purely mental mistake before the action even takes place, during a make or break situation, is not a physical mistake, it is a mental one that there is no excuse for.

On another more optimistic note, The Seahawks seem to be a very good team. Granted their star receiver was out and they were away from home, but all that aside, the Bears utterly destroyed them. It was no contest. Seattle looked like an 0-3 club not a 3-0 club against the Bears. Granted that we were at home, but how did we look against the Bears? What Chicago did to Seattle made
our painful loss two weeks ago even more painful, but it also made me think just how good we can be.

cajunvike
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
"marantzo" wrote:


There are things that deserve to be criticized about the play of the Vikings this year, but as has been said many times on these forums, it's a new team with a new scheme with a new coaching staff, so these criticisms should only be constructive criticism rather than dismissive ones. Except for one thing that I can think of that deserves a serious amount of criticism and can't be blamed on newness. Every pro football player should be very conscious about not screwing up before the ball is snapped, in crucial situations. This is entirely unacceptible. When you are in a 2 point situation, you don't move before the ball is snapped. Period. When the opposing team is running a 3rd and short or a 4th and short, you don't get drawn offside. Period. You keep your head in the game and tell yourself that this is a crucial play
and this is one thing that I cannot do! Missed catches, missed tackles, badly thrown passes, missed blocks etc. these are things that happen during the heat of a game and with hope will lessen as the team gels, but a purely mental mistake before the action even takes place, during a make or break situation, is not a physical mistake, it is a mental one that there is no excuse for.

On another more optimistic note, The Seahawks seem to be a very good team. Granted their star receiver was out and they were away from home, but all that aside, the Bears utterly destroyed them. It was no contest. Seattle looked like an 0-3 club not a 3-0 club against the Bears. Granted that we were at home, but how did we look against the Bears? What Chicago did to Seattle made
our painful loss two weeks ago even more painful, but it also made me think just how good we can be.

Don't read too much into the Bears last victory...Washington got totally destroyed by Dallass in Week 2..without their star running back playing...yet once he got back they won their next two games, including one against a VERY GOOD Jacksonville team.
One player CAN make a difference...just ask all those posters here who are still clamoring for us to get Randy Moss back!!!

marantzo
10-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Of course that should have been star running back, not receiver.

marantzo
10-03-2006, 11:22 AM
The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.

Del Rio
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
It's not one player it is their running game.

It makes a huge difference.

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
"marantzo" wrote:



The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.


I am with you.


Alexander out Sea gets blown out.
Westbrook out Phi blows out GB.

Both teams that got behind and had to throw.
Both teams got INT'd.


The way I see this is more like an NBA game.
In the NBA, the Seahawks go out and play another game the next night and they might win by 5 points instead of let's say losing
by 30 the night before.
In the NBA, you don't have time to dwell and analyze each game for 6 or 7 days.
The game is one night, put it behind and the next game might be totally different.
Cajun brought up a good example, with the Skins, they came out and had a great game against Jacksonville, offensively that is.
In football, one game might not be indicative of your teams true identity.

We may have been disappointed with the Vikes performance against the Bills, but there is always the chance that we get a game coming up where we actually catch some momentum during the game (no penalties, D gets TOs, O scores a few TDs) and we but up 20 + points.
It might be against the Lions.
HOPE Fellow Viking Fans!

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 11:45 AM
"marantzo" wrote:



The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.


Just one extra thing, to add to my previous post, Bears had momentum in that game.
So did the Eagles last night.
Few penalties and getting TOs help a ton in gaining momentum.
It doesn't matter if Philly had the 2 fumbles early, GB didn't cash in, the game was close, then Philly got TOs (and momentum) and put it away.

davike
10-03-2006, 11:47 AM
"marantzo" wrote:



The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.


i said this like.... yesterday? or sometime, but ill say it again. when teams have a "star" RB their whole offense is centered around him and their run game usually. they use him to open up the pass game and also to to get the run game started. so if he is not playing they have to adjust and try to reorganize their whole game plan and thats not easy

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
"davike" wrote:


"marantzo" wrote:



The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.


i said this like.... yesterday? or sometime, but ill say it again. when teams have a "star" RB their whole offense is centered around him and their run game usually. they use him to open up the pass game and also to to get the run game started. so if he is not playing they have to adjust and try to reorganize their whole game plan and thats not easy


........and as McNabb said in the post game last night, when a guy like Westbrook (or Alexander (I said that)) goes down, the rest of the team has to do a little extra. They have to step it up.
Hence, McNabb and the no name WRs make the plays and Hasselback and his crew didn't do the extra.
TEAM!
Sometimes you step it up and other times you don't and lose.

Del Rio
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
The difference being Seattle needs the run to set up the pass. Mcnabb and Co. are a true WCO offense. Losing Westbrook hurts no doubt, but the game plan can remain the same.

Secondly if you have to go straight pass on the Bears because you have no Rb well then your screwed. You do it against the Pack then you should score points.

Third, there is no comparison to be made, because the Hawks played the Bears. The Eagles played the Packers. If memory serves me correct the Hawks played the Bears in Chicago, and the Eagles played the Pack at home.

I do not know if the Hawks could have gotten a victory with Alexander in there, I guarantee it would have changed the whole game though.

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
The teams that have been mentioned and the games played, Dallas vs Wash, Bears vs Seachickens, Philly vs Pack and now I will throw in NO vs ATL.

All major showings for the HOME team.
ATL didn't have an injured star on O.

It is way too easy to find one variable and base your argument on that, but it comes down to how your TEAM plays.

If Alexander would have played, I think they still would have lost.
It may have been a bit closer that is IMHO.


There is no winner in this conversation.

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
"Del" wrote:


The difference being Seattle needs the run to set up the pass. Mcnabb and Co. are a true WCO offense. Losing Westbrook hurts no doubt, but the game plan can remain the same.

Secondly if you have to go straight pass on the Bears because you have no Rb well then your screwed. You do it against the Pack then you should score points.

Third, there is no comparison to be made, because the Hawks played the Bears. The Eagles played the Packers. If memory serves me correct the Hawks played the Bears in Chicago, and the Eagles played the Pack at home.

I do not know if the Hawks could have gotten a victory with Alexander in there, I guarantee it would have changed the whole game though.


I understand totally what you are saying in 1 and 2.

Simply to state that Alexander would have changed the game would take away from the WHAT IF the Bears would have held SA in check on the first 3 drives, got ahead and then the Seachickens are forced to start throwing the ball, playing a game of catch up.

THe comments that were made (not by you), made it sound like SA would have won the game for the Seachickens.

Del Rio
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
No there is no winner, it is just interesting.

I do believe teams can and do become dependant on one or two athletes.

snowinapril
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM
"Del" wrote:


No there is no winner, it is just interesting.

I do believe teams can and do become dependant on one or two athletes.


True, and to add to this coment, the team that can get away from that dependence on one athlete or two athletes are more likely to win the Bowl Game.

PurpleRide
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
The mood will change once we start playing the bad teams again and we start winning, then brad will be the hero again and vikings fans will be calling for a statue of brad outside the new stadium.
After the monday night game, look for a winning streak.
Or we can start attacking the other team instead of just taking what they give.
Either or

Del Rio
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:


The mood will change once we start playing the bad teams again and we start winning, then brad will be the hero again and vikings fans will be calling for a statue of brad outside the new stadium.
After the monday night game, look for a winning streak.
Or we can start attacking the other team instead of just taking what they give.
Either or


Because the Skins and Panthers are horrible. LMAO.

I love Purplepepperpecker eaters who assume every game Brad wins is due to the team we are playing is a bad team.

davike
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
"Del" wrote:


The difference being Seattle needs the run to set up the pass. Mcnabb and Co. are a true WCO offense. Losing Westbrook hurts no doubt, but the game plan can remain the same.

Secondly if you have to go straight pass on the Bears because you have no Rb well then your screwed. You do it against the Pack then you should score points.

Third, there is no comparison to be made, because the Hawks played the Bears. The Eagles played the Packers. If memory serves me correct the Hawks played the Bears in Chicago, and the Eagles played the Pack at home.

I do not know if the Hawks could have gotten a victory with Alexander in there, I guarantee it would have changed the whole game though.



i agree and to snowinapril, some teams can pull it together and come up with the win, most can't if they rely on their RB to much. it would be kind of like the bears losing urlacher, he doesn't make up the complete D, but he is pretty much their leader and losing him would prove fatal

singersp
10-03-2006, 10:17 PM
"Billy" wrote:



I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.




Oh, what will you do?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Oh, what will you do?
Bandwagon Billy?
Will you find another team?
One that won’t make you scream.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.


Who will it be?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Who will it be??
Bandwagon Billy?
The Ravens, Colts or Bears,
Haven’t lost one yet this year.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.

ultravikingfan
10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
"Billy" wrote:


I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.


Wow.

I like what you have as your little quote under your avatar:

NOW THAT THERE PIC IS WHAT WE CALL DETERMINATION!

Maybe you should think about that.

Prophet
10-04-2006, 07:51 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Billy" wrote:



I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.




Oh, what will you do?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Oh, what will you do?
Bandwagon Billy?
Will you find another team?
One that won’t make you scream.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.


Who will it be?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Who will it be??
Bandwagon Billy?
The Ravens, Colts or Bears,
Haven’t lost one yet this year.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.



Damn you Singer.
I hate that song and now it's in my head.

I'm going with his post being sarcastic....but that still doesn't justify posting the lyrics that remind me of the melody to

singersp
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"Billy" wrote:



I have given up.
Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.




Oh, what will you do?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Oh, what will you do?
Bandwagon Billy?
Will you find another team?
One that won’t make you scream.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.


Who will it be?
Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Who will it be??
Bandwagon Billy?
The Ravens, Colts or Bears,
Haven’t lost one yet this year.
Just because we’re two and two,
You think our season is over.



gol 'darnit you Singer.
I hate that song and now it's in my head.

I'm going with his post being sarcastic....but that still doesn't justify posting the lyrics that remind me of the melody to


That stupid song got stuck in my head the minute I saw his screen name. I was hoping that posting a twist on it would rid my mind of it.