PDA

View Full Version : Sharper will be emergency QB

Prophet
09-30-2006, 08:11 AM
KFFL
Vikings | Sharper will be emergency quarterback
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:14:29 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FS Darren Sharper will be the team's emergency quarterback in Week 4.

singersp
09-30-2006, 08:27 AM
He's also our emergency punter.

Can he throw the ball with accurracy?

Prophet
09-30-2006, 11:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

He can do everything.
Tarvaris is his friend.

BadlandsVikings
09-30-2006, 11:31 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

He can do everything.
Tarvaris is his friend.
I'm sorry but your answer is dumb
;D

Prophet
09-30-2006, 11:37 AM
"WVV" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

He can do everything.
Tarvaris is his friend.
;D

I'm not arguing with that, just a take off the earlier posts during preseason where people were ready to induct Tarvaris into the HOF when he lit it up against 2-4 stringers.
He can do it all....hopefully that will end up being true
8).

oakmage
09-30-2006, 11:54 AM
I can feel pretty safe in saying that Sharper is still better then what we had in training camp. not to beat a dead horse but still I feel way better with sharper as the emergeny QB then those two.
The only way I would feel beter with the other two losers would be if the option was wither them or me, then yes they would be better but that is not saying much.

Articnv
09-30-2006, 12:09 PM
i thought thats why we had brooks bollinger,
so sharper is
iun 2 er slots thsi week

Prophet
09-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Here's the blog where KFFL pulled their info. from:

Leber practices, status does not change (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/)
Friday, September 29th, 2006
by Judd Zulgad

Linebacker Ben Leber took part in today’s practice but remains questionable on the Vikings’ injury for Sunday’s game in Buffalo because of a sprained knee.

Nose tackle Pat Williams (sprained ankle/foot) was upgraded to probable and running back Chester Taylor (ankle) remained probable. That means it’s a virtual certainty those two will play.

Rookie quarterback Tarvaris Jackson (knee) was downgraded to out but that comes as no surprise. Safety Darren Sharper will be the emergency quarterback in Buffalo. Although the Vikings signed Drew Henson this week, the quarterback is on the practice squad and won’t travel with the team to Buffalo.

vikinggreg
09-30-2006, 12:31 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"WVV" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

He can do everything.
Tarvaris is his friend.
;D

I'm not arguing with that, just a take off the earlier posts during preseason where people were ready to induct Tarvaris into the HOF when he lit it up against 2-4 stringers.
8).

I remember when Moss was the emergency punter....oh what have I just done

Didn't mean to turn this into a wish Randy was back thing

Here I'll change the direction

How can Sharper move ahead of Longwell, just look at his pass rating 158.3 1-1 16 yds 1 TD, he's a beast and should be elevated to emergency QB ;D ;D ;D

Longwell also was awarded the inaugural Purple Pride Pillage and Plunger Award
Before it even became the Berserker Award

I don’t know how Childress could overlook this and am truly shocked :o

These are hardcore facts and cannot be ignored ;)

Braddock
09-30-2006, 12:40 PM
vikinggreg.......... *heavy sigh*
::)

cc21
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Of course he can. He's Darren Sharper, what can't he do?! 8)

olson_10
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
he couldnt possibly be worse than mike mcmahon

davike
09-30-2006, 01:09 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"WVV" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

He can do everything.
Tarvaris is his friend.
;D

8).

I remember when Moss was the emergency punter....oh what have I just done

Didn't mean to turn this into a wish Randy was back thing

Here I'll change the direction

How can Sharper move ahead of Longwell, just look at his pass rating 158.3 1-1 16 yds 1 TD, he's a beast and should be elevated to emergency QB ;D ;D ;D

Longwell also was awarded the inaugural Purple Pride Pillage and Plunger Award
Before it even became the Berserker Award

I don’t know how Childress could overlook this and am truly shocked :o

These are hardcore facts and cannot be ignored ;)

yeah longwell has been awesome, but i would say that BC knows what he is doing, we haven't seen what sharper can do at QB, maybe he is better then longwell. or maybe longwell isn't really comfortable with that job, we don't really know the situation, and i have confidence that BC knows what he is doing. by the way has sharper ever played at the QB position, if he has im not aware of it so enlighten me pleez if he has.

vikes_4_life_42
09-30-2006, 01:46 PM
thats awesome! sharper can do anything! he played qb in high school but idk if he ever punted. im sure we wont see him play qb and it would definately suck if bj went down, but it would be cool to see what he can do as a qb.

Vikes_King
09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
"Articnv" wrote:

i thought thats why we had brooks bollinger,

so sharper is

iun 2 er slots thsi week

he's our emergency QB.

that means if both johnson and bollinger go down.

all this article means is: get well soon t-jack

Turboe
09-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought if your "Emergency Quarterback" went into the game then it meant that your 1st and 2nd QBs were done for the game and could not come back in.

If that is the case once the first team defense takes the field are BJ and BB done for the game?
We better hope we win the coin toss let BJ get us a touchdown and then once BJ and BB are ineligebile as a result of DS starting on defense, just pound the ball for clock management and a 7-0 Vikings victory.

Prophet
09-30-2006, 03:12 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

I thought if your "Emergency Quarterback" went into the game then it meant that your 1st and 2nd QBs were done for the game and could not come back in.

If that is the case once the first team defense takes the field are BJ and BB done for the game?
We better hope we win the coin toss let BJ get us a touchdown and then once BJ and BB are ineligebile as a result of DS starting on defense, just pound the ball for clock management and a 7-0 Vikings victory.

;D, some serious 'what ifs' would have to happen for that scenario to play out.
You better get your money down in Vegas now, you'll be rich!

singersp
10-01-2006, 07:05 AM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

thats awesome! sharper can do anything! he played qb in high school but idk if he ever punted. im sure we wont see him play qb and it would definately suck if bj went down, but it would be cool to see what he can do as a qb.

??? Who do you think punted the ball after Kluwe got injured last year?

Sharper finished the game & then they brought back Darren Bennett.

And you call yourself a Vikings fan.
;D

FuadFan
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

;D

What are you smoking Singersp it was Edinger who punted last year before we decided to bring old man Bennett back for the next week.

singersp
10-01-2006, 07:59 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

;D

What are you smoking Singersp it was Edinger who punted last year before we decided to bring old man Bennett back for the next week.

It's some really good sh!t. I'd send you some, but it is illegal to send it through the mail.