PDA

View Full Version : All I wanna know is

Jarhead
09-22-2004, 06:49 PM
When are we going to sign more O line help? Haayer got ate up out there and we need some new blood. Good thing we have all that cap room cause we're gonna need it.

vikings minnesoulija
09-22-2004, 07:05 PM
What kind of O-line help is out there?

vikings minnesoulija
09-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Heres a list of FA. enjoy!

OT Tom Ashworth
OG Kerlin Blaise
OT Jarvis Borum
OT Blake Brockermeyer
OG Ray Brown
OG Wilbert Brown
OG Calvin Collins
OG Dave Fiore
OG DeMingo Graham
OG Ben Hamilton
OT Sterling Harris
OT Jimmy Herndon
OG Lewis Kelly
OG Corbin Lacina
OT Damian Lavergne
OG Tyler Lenda
OT Kareem McKenzie
OT Dwayne Morgan
OG Jamie Nails
OG Stephen Neal
OG Anthony Oakley
OT Vaughn Parker
OG Josh Parrish
OG Morgan Pears
OG Todd Perry
OT David Porter
OT Dave Pruce
OT Greg Randall
OG Ryan Schau
OG Richard Seals
OT Chad Slaughter
OT Marcus Spears
OT Jamain Stephens
OG Forest Vance
OG Keydrick Vincent
OG Andy Wagstrom
OT Mitch White
OG Teag Whiting
OT Ryan Young
OT Chris Ziemannn

PhillyVikes
09-22-2004, 09:30 PM
lol, you had to ask, stop flipping out over one lost the Vikes will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VikingsTw
09-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not formiliar with the list but i do know Corbin Lacina is one tuff somebitch, but he is a gaurd and not a tackle, he was with use a few years ago starting i believe he's very tough but of course a gaurd.

Del Rio
09-22-2004, 10:33 PM
No worries we will be fine.

cajunvike
09-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Collins, Lacina and Kelly are all Vike alums. If they have anything left in the tank, I say we give them a shot. Also I think that Everett Lindsay is also available. IF any of them have potential to help the OL this year, the former OL coach in Tice will be able to make an accurate assessment and bring them into the fold.

Jarhead
09-23-2004, 12:17 PM
We need help on the right side of the line. Unless Nat Dorsey turns out to be better than McKinney we have little talent on that side and it showed. Haayer is not the answer and with no Kleinsasser that side of the line now a glaring weakness.

cajunvike
09-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Why better than McKinney? He only has to be nearly as good as Rosenthal and the Vikes will be back to where they were after losing Kleinsasser. Then it will be up to the TEs that were mentioned in another thread to step up and fill the blocking void left by JK's injury. I would give Haayer some slack, he did commit a few penalties on Monday, but I don't think that he gave up any sacks vs. Kearse. We can probably chalk up the penalties to the fact that he was a newbie going up against one of the best pass rushers in the game and that it made him a little nervous. You never know, he may turn out to be good. Remember, the Vikes have made it a habit of finding and molding quite a few good linemen. Many times they did this with players that were not high draft choices or that were not high on other teams' draft boards. I have confidence that this line will jell and become a cohesive unit before this season is over.

dan3ski
09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Did you ever stop to think that most of the linemen out there are there because they can not to the job anymore? They might just be to beat-up that is alot of abuse their bodies must take.

SKOL
09-23-2004, 02:41 PM
I wonder what side of the line Ogun will line up on. I just wonder...

Foreman44
09-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Blake Brockemeyer?
Sign him damnit!

cajunvike
09-23-2004, 06:39 PM
What about Marcus Spears? Or Brittany Spears (for the Cheerleader Team)?

Jarhead
09-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I say better than McKinney because if you rememer how... not good, McKinney was his first few games. Normally I wouldn't be that worried about it, but this team, this year, can't afford to bring along a new guy who may or may not pan out. I don't think Haayer gave up a sack either but it wasn't due to his blocking ability, it was Pepper runing his azz off out there to escape. And they were dropping Kearse into spy coverage sometimes too.

I don't think we can afford to go on an early loosing streak because our pass protection sucks and we don't have the blocking our backs need to be productive.

cajunvike
09-24-2004, 12:31 AM
The difference is that McKinney started playing in the middle of the season (remember his holdout) and everyone else was in better shape and playing at full speed. If he had come to camp on time, he would have been worlds better. I think that they threw him in right after they signed him (maybe one week to get acclimated). At least Haayer and Dorsey were in camp and had time to learn the plays and work themselves into shape (I hope). Maybe rotating the two would keep both fresher and increase their effectiveness. At the very least, we could see who was the better of the two.