PDA

View Full Version : I am looking forward to the first loss.

Prophet
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
There is nothing like seeing all the folks come out of the woodwork with their opinions that have been held inside because the team hasn't supported them yet.
A good blowout will toughen up the team and get the naysayers into the action and put the perpetual optimists into check.
Someone was saying I knew they would win the first two games.
Come on now, we need a good loss.

Freya
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I rather like the woodwork when it's not seeping.

VikesfaninWis
09-18-2006, 11:00 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

There is nothing like seeing all the folks come out of the woodwork with their opinions that have been held inside because the team hasn't supported them yet.
A good blowout will toughen up the team and get the naysayers into the action and put the perpetual optimists into check.

I am going to say negative to that Prophet... The Vikes have been on the verge of losing both of their games this season, and have showed heart, and determination to get the win..

I was not one of the people that said they would win their first 2 games, but I am extremely happy that they did.. We can't afford to lose, especially the way Chicago is playing.. We play a lot of tough teams this season, and we need to win as many as we can.. They know what it is like to be close to a loss, they don't need to be blown out to feel that.. Keep winning boys..

Del Rio
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

Common now, don't start this crap this week, at least wait until the Patriots or something. I smell a victory over the Bears. Our defense exposing their offense for what they really are, and our offense putting together a handful of drives for the win, just like last year.

Purplemania
09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Common now, don't start this crap this week, at least wait until the Patriots or something. I smell a victory over the Bears. Our defense exposing their offense for what they really are, and our offense putting together a handful of drives for the win, just like last year.

I agree on the comment about the Bears offense. It is not as good as it has played thus far, the points are misleading. Granted Thomas Jones is a respectable back and Rex is a solid starter but there's no reason for them to score 21+ points agianst us.

Prophet
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm saying it just for the sake of bringing out some of the members that are holding their tongue.
Devil's advocate.

The team isn't like the teams of recent past where they needed some reality checks, they have had reality checks both games by winning however it needed to be done.

I'm optimistic about the Bears game this weekend.
I don't buy into the hype.
Love their D, but am not a Grossman believer.
The Vikings' D will have to continue to play tough to pull off a W in this game.

The Vikes have done a great job in their opening drives this season, hope that continues.

The first loss is always a bit entertaining though, I won't back down from that.
The boards would be splattered with Chicken Little threads if both games would have been lost by a few points.
Just find that entertaining.

jargomcfargo
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

The Vikings I watched yesterday didn't appear to be a team that could beat the Bears!

But the cool thing about football is how the team is different from week to week based on individual match ups.

I didn't see much of Napo in week one and we all know the week one Troy Williamson story.
They looked like shining stars yesterday.
I will remain on the optomistic side but I think we can help our offensive line out with a little more creativity in the play calling. They certainly do not appear to be a physically dominant bunch. They need to try a little finesse.

Billy Boy
09-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Dang nabbit Prophet.
First loss is not entertaining.
First loss pisses me off and makes me break things.
Are we gonna lose? Probably.
But its not unlikely for us to pull of a win iether.

Del Rio
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

The Vikings I watched yesterday didn't appear to be a team that could beat the Bears!

But the cool thing about football is how the team is different from week to week based on individual match ups.

I didn't see much of Napo in week one and we all know the week one Troy Williamson story.
I will remain on the optomistic side but I think we can help our offensive line out with a little more creativity in the play calling. They certainly do not appear to be a physically dominant bunch. They need to try a little finesse.

The thing I notice about our D is they are physically dominating only in a non appealing way. It seems like they are doing most of the little things right and now all they are missing is the turnovers the sacks the deflections.......and those will come. They are ranked right up there in defense with the best of them 6th overall for yards allowed, the Bears are 4th.

Our team is doing some things, managing the clock, keeping the opposing team from the endzone.......its a quiet domination and when they can put those two together the sacks turnovers and the BASICS they will be dominant.

jargomcfargo
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
"Del" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

The thing I notice about our D is they are physically dominating only in a non appealing way. It seems like they are doing most of the little things right and now all they are missing is the turnovers the sacks the deflections.......and those will come. They are ranked right up there in defense with the best of them 6th overall for yards allowed, the Bears are 4th.

Our team is doing some things, managing the clock, keeping the opposing team from the endzone.......its a quiet domination and when they can put those two together the sacks turnovers and the BASICS they will be dominant.

That's what I saw in the pre season against some good teams. It is still there but not as cosistant.

The teams that beat the Bears play a very physical game. I think we are capable and I think we match up better than we did against Washington or Carolina.But we better come to play.

I have great optomism for the future,win or lose next Sunday!

6-KINGS
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh sweet baby Jesus.......

Always 1/2 empty..........

AngloVike
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
You never know the mindset of teams and how they will react. the Vikes have had to work for their points and wins this year and the Bears haven't. If the Bears suddenly find that they can't score like they have been able to then whose to say they won't suddenly wilt and roll over.
If the Vikes are having problems scoring points then thats no so much of a problem as they've had two games like that already, so a third one won't be a surprise. Should the game be a grind-it-out affair then, based on the season so far, we at least are better prepared for it. I'm not saying that it means we'd walk the game but I'd favour our chances that much more.

Zeus
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

HATER!

=Z=

whackthepack
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Win or lose I will be happy after the 1st 3 weeks!

Before the preseason started the experts were predicting that the Viking's would start the regular season 0 - 3, and the it was the hardest part of our schedule.
Well after starting 2 - 0 no matter what happens after the Bears game I will be happy with 3 - 0 or 2 - 1 and looking ahead, and I think we have a great shot at the playoffs this year!

Prophet
09-18-2006, 12:16 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

HATER!

=Z=

;D, Ok, you have proven that your interpretation of yourself in the Gore thread is incorrect.

snowinapril
09-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Prophet and his reverse phychology! ;)

Zeus
09-18-2006, 12:17 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

HATER!

=Z=

;D, Ok, you have proven that your interpretation of yourself in the Gore thread is incorrect.

Even for PP.O board amusement, I am never looking forward to a loss.
You, sir, need to spend a few minutes in the Penalty Box so that you'll come to your senses!

=Z=

Prophet
09-18-2006, 12:20 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

HATER!

=Z=

Even for PP.O board amusement, I am never looking forward to a loss.
You, sir, need to spend a few minutes in the Penalty Box so that you'll come to your senses!

=Z=

I live in the penalty box.

Zeus
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I live in the penalty box.

Say "Hi!" to Tie Domi for me, will ya?

=Z=

cajunvike
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
"Freya" wrote:

Oh yeah...well, no matter how good you are, it's eventually gonna seep!
;)

Jviking
09-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Not this week, not at home, not against the bears.

RK.
09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

::)
Please...
Our team is going to do nothing but get better every game.
We were better this week than last week.
We will be better next week than this week.
We will lose to someone at some point but no reason to look forward to it.
I could live with a perfect season.
;D

Ltrey33
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
"RK." wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Please...
;D

The Bears game will be tough, but I don't think we are going to lose. Obviously the first point is that it is in the dome. That is a HUGE advantage for us. We always play better at home and Grossman always sucks there. Secondly, we have a good defense, a defense that is infinitely better than that of the Lions or the Packers, so the Bears' offensive output isn't that impressive. Third, we have played well (and consistently) against two defenses that are very talented and are expected to finish in the top half or 10 teams in the league this year. I don't expect anything much different from this game.

I think we have a good shot!

Prophet
09-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I think my first post was either poorly written, selectively read, or a combination of the two.
The original post in this thread was directed at members of the site, not the team.
With a loss certain members of this site that are holding everything in will surface and spill their guts.
Don't hold it in, spill away.

Purple Floyd
09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Oh yeah...well, no matter how good you are, it's eventually gonna seep!
;)

Being a cabinetmaker I am constantly consumed by the woodwork. ;)

Mine doesn't seep
;D ;D

Zeus
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I think my first post was either poorly written, selectively read, or a combination of the two.
The original post in this thread was directed at members of the site, not the team.
With a loss certain members of this site that are holding everything in will surface and spill their guts.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I'm an idiot" and move on?

:)

=Z=

Prophet
09-18-2006, 02:27 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I'm an idiot" and move on?

=Z=

That's understood.
No point in saying it.

baumy300
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I am going to say negative to that Prophet... The Vikes have been on the verge of losing both of their games this season, and have showed heart, and determination to get the win..

I agree with you.

Our heart, determination, and Chris Gamble are a big reason we are 2-0.

I am just so glad we escaped with our wins so far. Our defense is playing awesome now, and usually we don't have such luck as in the missed FG or Chris Gamble throwing the game away.

Maybe this is our year!

ultravikingfan
09-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I am not looking forward to our first loss and I think that anybody with at least a walnut sized brain knows we will not 16-0.

However, I do not want to lose at home and not to a division opponent at all.
I think we need to take our lump early and get refocused.
I predicted week 5 and I am sticking to it.

Braddock
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am not looking forward to our first loss and I think that anybody with at least a walnut sized brain knows we will not 16-0.

We won't?

Prophet
09-18-2006, 03:51 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We won't?

;D

http://www.drumart.com/images/gallery/home/homers_brain.jpg

thevikingfan
09-18-2006, 03:54 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

If it happens then i hope it isnt this week against the bears we cant afford to get behind the bears in the nfc north because they have such an easy schedule

FuadFan
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

So you think we will lose at home when the Lions come to town I thought we shouldn't lose under those terms.

Purple Kool Aid
09-18-2006, 05:41 PM
16-0 seems pretty realistic to me.
The only way this team loses is if someone cheats.
At least that is how I see it through my purple colored glasses.

Regardless of what anyone else says, there is nothing wrong with Drinking the Kool Aid (http://purplekool-aid.blogspot.com/)

BadlandsVikings
09-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't want the first loss.
IT always makes me iratable and constipated, and I have enough problems right now.

farvathevikinglover
09-18-2006, 06:37 PM
ummm, yeah, I'm definitely not looking forward to losing no matter what good points there may be. What happened to people saying all that mattered was getting the W? We're still tied with the Bears, I would rather not fall behind them at all.

jackbauer1982
09-18-2006, 07:24 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Please...
;D

The Bears game will be tough, but I don't think we are going to lose. Obviously the first point is that it is in the dome. That is a HUGE advantage for us. We always play better at home and Grossman always sucks there.

Guh? Always? Grossman has played exactly one game here. He got hurt late in the fourth quarter,
but before that he was 21 for 31 for 247 yards with no interceptions for a 91.9 QB rating with a rushing touchdown.

The Vikings have played two tough defenses, but on the whole, in their current states, I don't think the Redskins and Panthers are that much better than the Packers and the Lions. Redskins got spanked yesterday and the Panthers were without Steve Smith, Dan Morgan and starting center and they had the Vikes beaten until that stupid Gamble. It's week three. No one knows who is actually good yet. Preseason prognistications mean nothing. I mean, would a win over the Dolphins (picked by SI as AFC champion) mean anything right now other that Daunte sucks and we all knew that anyway?

V-Unit
09-18-2006, 07:53 PM
^
That is the best first post I have ever seen.

mnjamie
09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Bet the house Boys, I'm coming to town and will be in the Dome on Sunday ....
I'm 8-0 all time when I attend a game at the Dome, and don't forsee it changing this weekend, except to 9-0 !!!!!

Put the women and children to bed and grab your shotguns, cause Cajun and myself will be in the same state for over 72 hrs !!!!!

ThorSPL
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Actually I think we have faced Grossman twice, and I think he tore us up pretty well both times before major (season ending?) injuries?

I could be wrong but I wanna say we got him not once, but twice.....

Big C
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I live in Chicago. I remeber the day after the Bears/Vikings game in which Grossman injured his ACL. I remember the Bears having a late offensive surge lead by grossman and him getting injured while lunging for the goal line. That injury was the turning point in that game. The quote I got from a colleague (Bears fan) the next day was priceless.

"Man, we were an ACL away from winning that game!"

grpape
09-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Oh oh, mnjamie just jinxed us! It's your typical announcer quote while the kicker is lining up for the attemt. "So and so hasn't missed a field goal or extra point all season." Hell, wasn't that the same painful words uttered that fateful day in 98'? Sorry to bring it up guys. Also, just kidding mnjamie. Have a blast at the game. Wish I could make it, but Hawaii is a bit far away from the dome!

singersp
09-19-2006, 07:29 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Bet the house Boys, I'm coming to town and will be in the Dome on Sunday ....
I'm 8-0 all time when I attend a game at the Dome, and don't forsee it changing this weekend, except to 9-0 !!!!!

Put the women and children to bed and grab your shotguns, cause Cajun and myself will be in the same state for over 72 hrs !!!!!

Don't forget Stasche & I'll be there as well.

We'll need all the help we can get to keep Cajun off of Hennipen Ave.
;)

Del Rio
09-19-2006, 07:37 AM
"jackbauer1982" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Please...
;D

The Bears game will be tough, but I don't think we are going to lose. Obviously the first point is that it is in the dome. That is a HUGE advantage for us. We always play better at home and Grossman always sucks there.

Guh? Always? Grossman has played exactly one game here. He got hurt late in the fourth quarter,
but before that he was 21 for 31 for 247 yards with no interceptions for a 91.9 QB rating with a rushing touchdown.

The Vikings have played two tough defenses, but on the whole, in their current states, I don't think the Redskins and Panthers are that much better than the Packers and the Lions. Redskins got spanked yesterday and the Panthers were without Steve Smith, Dan Morgan and starting center and they had the Vikes beaten until that stupid Gamble. It's week three. No one knows who is actually good yet. Preseason prognistications mean nothing. I mean, would a win over the Dolphins (picked by SI as AFC champion) mean anything right now other that Daunte sucks and we all knew that anyway?

Can you honestly say with a straight face that the Skins and the Panthers are no better then the Packers? Seriously, because if you can then I must be missing something big.

IN the end it doesn't matter who beat who, and who lost to who by however much, because this is black and blue division time. Bears are always a tough game. Even though it is only two weeks into the season I don't mind seeing Minnesota with the 6th best defense in the NFL only trailing the Bears two spots. Especially when we played against teams that had Santana Moss, Jake Dehlome, and you guys earned your 4th ranking against Donald Driver, and Kitna who plays for the Matt Millen ran Lions.

Like I said stats mean nothing, our wins are meaningless and yours are too. It's going to be a hard fought game and hopefully at the end there will be no doubt who won, no speculative ref call to shed doubt.

Prophet
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I'll quote myself, again, I wasn't really looking forward to the first loss...I though it may be therapeutic for the purplerides, CCisthebests' and the other fans that have been holding everything in to have a release for their unbeliefs.
Now they have an opportunity and they are surfacing.
Too bad for them, the loss wasn't as convincing as they would have liked.
It may have helped their psyche some though...I'm not sure.

SWAYZE74
09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

i hear ya...we played pretty good, but the penalties and the turn over at the end killed us...im more upset that the bears had 3 divisional games right off the bat...were what...3rd in the division now...da bears 3-0, da pack 1-1, vikes 0-1, and lions 0-2...well...theres always a tie-breaker if we sweep the rest of the division...

peace...

Vikes_King
09-24-2006, 09:56 PM
just so you know, 3rd in the division after the third week, doesnt mean JACK §HIT

SWAYZE74
09-25-2006, 12:52 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

just so you know, 3rd in the division after the third week, doesnt mean JACK §HIT

lets hope not...i was just saying thats wierd scheduling...i'd take 3-0 in the division after week 3 though... ::)

Zeus
09-25-2006, 09:11 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I'll quote myself, again, I wasn't really looking forward to the first loss...I though it may be therapeutic for the purplerides, CCisthebests' and the other fans that have been holding everything in to have a release for their unbeliefs.

It doesn't help my psyche.
It makes me sick to my stomach.
It upsets me to no end when the defense comes up with the big play to put the victory out there to get and the coaching staff tosses it away with a flood of bad play-calls.

=Z=

Prophet
09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

It doesn't help my psyche.
It makes me sick to my stomach.
It upsets me to no end when the defense comes up with the big play to put the victory out there to get and the coaching staff tosses it away with a flood of bad play-calls.

=Z=

It is helping you.
You're spewing your venom across the site and it is letting you release your pent up anxiety about your doubts regarding the team.
I think you can call in to Dr. Phil and he may help you move on.

They will adjust, the sky will not fall.

Zeus
09-25-2006, 09:56 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

It is helping you.
You're spewing your venom across the site and it is letting you release your pent up anxiety about your doubts regarding the team.

"Spewing my venom"?
Expressing my disappointment in the coaching staff is spewing venom?

If I can post about being the things I saw which went right after a win, I can post about the things I saw which went wrong after a loss.

=Z=

Prophet
09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

It is helping you.

"Spewing my venom"?
Expressing my disappointment in the coaching staff is spewing venom?

If I can post about being the things I saw which went right after a win, I can post about the things I saw which went wrong after a loss.

=Z=

;D, I knew that would get you fired up even more than you already are.
Rock on Genius.

Del Rio
09-25-2006, 10:04 AM
The funny thing about "BAD PLAY CALLING" is they are probably a step to the left or a step to the right of GOOD play calling. We try a fake fieldgoal, if that was busted it would have been a bad play call. It worked so they are great.

I would feel much more comfortable in assuming the play calling was fine it was the execution of that call that broke down. I am sure Childress doesn't call a signal into Brad and say hey THROW DEEP BITCH no matter what throw it deep. You don't think he had check down WR's to dump the ball off too?

He made the decision to throw, it was a bad throw, it is on him IMO.

Prophet, you know as well as I know that losing a game brings out the nay sayers better then anything. It's the only thing that gives me comfort in a loss is wacthing people come here the next WEEK with their panties in a wad, trying hard to wave the finger of blame. It's good you made this thread. It only takes one season around here to know that some people get too high, and some people get too low, and only a few people try to approach a win or a loss with some sort of neutrality.

Zeus
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
"Del" wrote:

The funny thing about "BAD PLAY CALLING" is they are probably a step to the left or a step to the right of GOOD play calling. We try a fake fieldgoal, if that was busted it would have been a bad play call. It worked so they are great.

I would feel much more comfortable in assuming the play calling was fine it was the execution of that call that broke down. I am sure Childress doesn't call a signal into Brad and say hey THROW DEEP beeyatch no matter what throw it deep. You don't think he had check down WR's to dump the ball off too?

Prophet, you know as well as I know that losing a game brings out the nay sayers better then anything. It's the only thing that gives me comfort in a loss is wacthing people come here the next WEEK with their panties in a wad, trying hard to wave the finger of blame. It's good you made this thread. It only takes one season around here to know that some people get too high, and some people get too low, and only a few people try to approach a win or a loss with some sort of neutrality.

Thank GOD you keep a level head of superiority over the rest of us so that we can all learn from your shining example.

=Z=

Del Rio
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

I would feel much more comfortable in assuming the play calling was fine it was the execution of that call that broke down. I am sure Childress doesn't call a signal into Brad and say hey THROW DEEP beeyatch no matter what throw it deep. You don't think he had check down WR's to dump the ball off too?

Thank GOD you keep a level head of superiority over the rest of us so that we can all learn from your shining example.

=Z=

I dont do it for you, I do it for me.

If you want to piss and moan and point fingers it's your own god gol 'darnit problem. I've been here long enough to know what to expect from fans, and apparently prophet has to. I never said you fit into that category, but if you want to be a "meow" about it and cry then this is the right place to do it. I told you earlier we agree to disagree, you take it personal thats your own fucking fault.

I certainly will lose no sleep over it.

Zeus
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
"Del" wrote:

If you want to piss and moan and point fingers it's your own god gol 'darnit problem. I've been here long enough to know what to expect from fans, and apparently prophet has to. I never said you fit into that category, but if you want to be a "meow" about it and cry then this is the right place to do it.

After a loss, it is not wrong to point out areas where you think the team failed - especially in a game which was there for the taking.
I know you're getting at a different kind of poster, but since it followed the back-and-forth which Prophet and I had, it did seem as though you were pointing your Rio-finger at moi.

Oh - and Troy Williamson definitely pushed off.

=Z=

Del Rio
09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

If you want to piss and moan and point fingers it's your own god gol 'darnit problem. I've been here long enough to know what to expect from fans, and apparently prophet has to. I never said you fit into that category, but if you want to be a "meow" about it and cry then this is the right place to do it.

After a loss, it is not wrong to point out areas where you think the team failed - especially in a game which was there for the taking.
I know you're getting at a different kind of poster, but since it followed the back-and-forth which Prophet and I had, it did seem as though you were pointing your Rio-finger at moi.

Oh - and Troy Williamson definitely pushed off.

=Z=

I've always valued what you have said, I just don't agree with blaming it on play calling. I think it is a cop out. I wasn't refering to you I was more or less refering to people who are so off the wall they want TJ to start ahead of Brad Johnson. I state my opinions I stick by them and I have been wrong as much as I have been right. I just don't fucking shrivel up and change any way the wind blows.

I didn't see PI on Williamson, you did, so its obvious you need glasses
;D
* In reality it was Pass Interference because it was called Pass interference *

Zeus
09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
"Del" wrote:

I've always valued what you have said, I just don't agree with blaming it on play calling. I think it is a cop out. I wasn't refering to you I was more or less refering to people who are so off the wall they want TJ to start ahead of Brad Johnson. I state my opinions I stick by them and I have been wrong as much as I have been right. I just don't fricken shrivel up and change any way the wind blows.

;D

I'm just frustrated because I believe in the talent we have.
And I don't get why it seems like we can march down the field on the first drive of the game but then don't take any shots into the end zone.
I understand that there are reads and adjustments and all that stuff - and that a big part of that is the WRs and QB being on the same page, reading the coverage and making adjustments while at the line.
AND I understand that the Bears are one of the top3 D's in the league, so they are good at not only disguising their schemes, but also at making the plays.

But, DAMMIT - throw the damn ball past the goal-line once in awhile and quit calling runs on 3rd and long!

*grumble*

As to TWill - I wish I could see the replay so I could see what it is showing.
As soon as that flag flew yesterday, I knew what the call was.
It was blatently obvious from my 6th-row seat in Section 212 that Williamson pushed off.
At what point does the replay pick up the coverage?

=Z=

Del Rio
09-25-2006, 01:53 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

I've always valued what you have said, I just don't agree with blaming it on play calling. I think it is a cop out. I wasn't refering to you I was more or less refering to people who are so off the wall they want TJ to start ahead of Brad Johnson. I state my opinions I stick by them and I have been wrong as much as I have been right. I just don't fricken shrivel up and change any way the wind blows.

;D

And I don't get why it seems like we can march down the field on the first drive of the game but then don't take any shots into the end zone.
I understand that there are reads and adjustments and all that stuff - and that a big part of that is the WRs and QB being on the same page, reading the coverage and making adjustments while at the line.
AND I understand that the Bears are one of the top3 D's in the league, so they are good at not only disguising their schemes, but also at making the plays.

But, DAMMIT - throw the gol 'darnit ball past the goal-line once in awhile and quit calling runs on 3rd and long!

*grumble*

It was blatently obvious from my 6th-row seat in Section 212 that Williamson pushed off.

=Z=

Well you were a hell of a lot closer to the play then me and the official who called it was even closer so I'll take your word for it.

As far as talent I agree. I think we have to keep in mind there are a lot of new faces, and a lot of young bucks on our team. Someone needs to step up soon and harness the opportunity to break out though I agree with you. You onry bastard.

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
first off, i do NOT think he pushed off, at first glance of the play, yes i did, thast why the official threw the flag, and that i can understand, and thats why im not broken up about it

watching the replay though, he had his hand on him yes, but didnt push off, thats why so many are pissed, the official made the right call at the time however.

as far as throwing it into the endzone more, dont worry, believe me once we have marcus lining up with troy and or travis, there will be more balls thrown into the end zone, yes we could have taken more shots, but dont count them out yet.

Prophet
09-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I think this quote belongs in this thread.
I'm actually surprised that more people didn't jump on this bandwagon, regardless of how nonsensical it is.

"PurpleRide" wrote:

...Bring on TJ please.

Zeus
09-25-2006, 02:41 PM
"Del" wrote:

As far as talent I agree. I think we have to keep in mind there are a lot of new faces, and a lot of young bucks on our team. Someone needs to step up soon and harness the opportunity to break out though I agree with you. You onry bastard.

As the day goes on, I'm getting a less and less angry, so, with the passing of time, the angst is fading.
I still don't like 3rd-down runs, however.

=Z=

Prophet
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

As the day goes on, I'm getting a less and less angry, so, with the passing of time, the angst is fading.
I still don't like 3rd-down runs, however.

=Z=

It appears that you got through to Dr. Phil.
Glad it worked.

whackthepack
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

But, DAMMIT - throw the gol 'darnit ball past the goal-line once in awhile and quit calling runs on 3rd and long!

*grumble*

=Z=

I Tivoed the game while I was watching it and I watched the play 3 times, and it was a questionable call at best!
They showed it from a zoomed in camera and it looked like Troy put his arm in front of the DB to try and go for the ball not to hinder the DB from catching it.

The referee that was right on top of the play was not the one that through the flag, it was from a judge that was 10 yards from the play in the middle of the field who was supposed to be watching the tight-end's route, and the judge that was 3 yards from the play didn't see a penalty!

Bad call!

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
yeah well.. no use crying over spilt milk, right?

last week we would be crying over the reversed fumble call (which the league is supposedly embarrased about, because of the way the rule is written and we exposed that), but luckily it still went our way

this time it didnt, oh well, whos ready for buffalo

P.S. some posters need to remember what coaches & veterans tell you SHORT TERM MEMORY

Zeus
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

It appears that you got through to Dr. Phil.
Glad it worked.

The Wife went to see Dr. Phil's wife, Robin McGraw, at her book signing at the MoA on Saturday and was quite excited that Dr. Phil himself was there to introduce her to the adoring crowd.

=Z=

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
im dissapointed, that was a good story and all Z, but no sex and no one died, try a little harder next time plz

Zeus
09-25-2006, 04:37 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

im dissapointed, that was a good story and all Z, but no sex and no one died, try a little harder next time plz

I did the best I could.
I've been married for 7 years, you know.

=Z=

Braddock
09-25-2006, 04:38 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I did the best I could.
I've been married for 7 years, you know.

=Z=

poor woman

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
so what you're telling me Z, is that after 7 years of marriage your ability to please is already failing?

;D

Zeus
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

so what you're telling me Z, is that after 7 years of marriage your ability to please is already failing?

;D

Who said I could please her in the first place?
She's a wildcat!

=Z=

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
lol, well, good for you bad for her i guess

speedracer216
09-25-2006, 09:08 PM
didn't read this whole thread, but if you're looking forward to the first loss you won't have to wait long...

GO BILLS!

singersp
09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
"speedracer216" wrote:

didn't read this whole thread, but if you're looking forward to the first loss you won't have to wait long...

GO BILLS!

Sorry, you're a day late!