PDA

View Full Version : is detroit in the race for first in the division?

davike
09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
who do u think will win this week in chicago? i am going to go out on a limb and say that detroit is going to take it. they were playing against a team that went to the superbowl last week and they almost had them. not saying that the seachickens were playing their best game but still. i think their defense is better then most ppl give them credit for. and if their offense would step up i think they could play some serious football. i think their defense should easily hold chicagos offense. it will be a low scoring game but i think detroit will come out on top. the detroit offense is the
game key.

thevikingfan
09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I am hoping that the lions will win but it is to early to tell if they are in the race for the devision or not.We will find out in about 6-7 weeks

singersp
09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Yep, they are one of the top 3 contenders to win the NFC North.

Mr Anderson
09-16-2006, 01:29 PM
No no no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I forget what commercial that was from, but if you've heard it and know what Im talking about you know what I mean.

I think it was an ESPN commercial, this is gonna kill me all day

Prophet
09-16-2006, 01:45 PM
It makes logical sense that the Lions have a chance to steal a W.
It has been so long since they were any kind of threat it's tough to fathom that they could actually be a decent team this year.
I will keep my blinders on for another week and claim they are still a nonentity in the north.

GFreeman44
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
"davike" wrote:

who do u think will win this week in chicago? i am going to go out on a limb and say that detroit is going to take it. they were playing against a team that went to the superbowl last week and they almost had them. not saying that the seachickens were playing their best game but still. i think their defense is better then most ppl give them credit for. and if their offense would step up i think they could play some serious football. i think their defense should easily hold chicagos offense. it will be a low scoring game but i think detroit will come out on top. the detroit offense is the
game key.

I hope the Lions win aswell.
But I just don't see it happening.
Where was I when the Lions D got good?
Did I miss something?
Because everyone is hyping there D but I just don't see it.
I think it will be a repeat of what the Bears did in week 1.
Not to mention the Bears are playing at home this week in a division game.
I think the Bears are going to walk the Lions.
The only thing that has me rattled is I am not completely sure what the Seahawks brought to that week 1 game, and the hype.
And no, I do not think they are in contention to win the division.
Not even close.

Mr Anderson
09-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Even if they were playing a team in the Super Bowl, I don't think either of those teams were that good last year. The Seahawks had the easiest schedule I have ever seen last year, and the Steelers got hot against an easier second half, and caught a lot of breaks in the playoffs, so I don't think that since the Lions played a super bowl team means much.

vegasvike
09-16-2006, 04:16 PM
"GFreeman44" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

game key.

Did I miss something?
The only thing that has me rattled is I am not completely sure what the Seahawks brought to that week 1 game, and the hype.
Not even close.

Everyone is saying that their D is good b/c of what they did ot the seacocks. I personally think that they are playing with fury and buying into what their coach is telling them. The Scheme looked simple to me, BUT they were playing with that "If you catch the ball I will 'F' you up!" stat of mind

davike
09-16-2006, 07:37 PM
"GFreeman44" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

game key.

Did I miss something?
Not even close.

the detroit defense r the better side of the ball on that team,i think they should be able to hold the bears offense. the reason i think that the lions D should be able to do something this year is because they have some fast players, they have one of the fastest LB group in the league and also because they have a defensive line that should be a above average line. they added daniel bullocks and ernie sims in the draft. they have some talent that could turn out to be a decent squad. seachickens have a pretty good offense i think, they could have just been having an off day on sunday, im not sure i didn't watch the game. but hey we will have to see in a few more weeks i guess. but i still think that they should be able to hold the bears average offense, if their offense can score points against the bears tough D, then they should be able to win it. but either way i think it should be a close game.

NordicNed
09-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I just hope the Lions catch the bears looking ahead to next weeks game against us.....Next Week, we will take care of our own buisness....Thats for sure...

RK.
09-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Dream on.
::)
The Lions had two long field goals no TD's and 38 total yrds rushing last week.
They suck.
The Bears are going to kick their butts.
The reason the SeaHags didn't score but 3 field goals is because they suck as well.
;D

BearsFanGrrrr
09-23-2006, 02:53 PM
NO !
::)

GO BEARS !

TRAMBIA
09-23-2006, 03:00 PM
how about this the bears and the lions both suck neither will contend >:(

WaywardHoosier
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
The Lions are a mess.

The Vikings need to win two against the Lions and Packers.
One loss would be a serious letdown to these poorly run teams.

The Bears look like a serious contender.

whackthepack
09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess Detroit answered his question themselves yesterday by losing to the lowely Packers!
They gave Seattle a scare in the 1st game, but Chicago kicked them all over the field and then they had a chance to stay in it for a few more weeks and they get beat by the Pack and it's all over but the crying in Detroit.

How many fans will be in the seats next home game with bags over their heads and Millen must go signs?

Vikes_King
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
best part of the season last year:

fire millen signs appearing all over the country, including in basketball games =), a fan being chased all over the stadium by security, and fans marchign downtown to the stadium wearing bengals jerseys with fire millen signs hanging high

<3 the ford family

WaywardHoosier
09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Lions play Rams here Sunday.
The return of Mike Martz.
He has had a very slow start and is once again not impressing anyone.

My brother-in-law is a Lion season ticket holder and is very frustrated with the Lions continually putting out one of the worst teams in the NFL. These tickets are expensive. The fans deserve better.

Rams vs. Lions.
Two mediocre to bad teams going nowhere. I'm hoping for a blackout so I have a chance of seeing the Vikings game again.