PDA

View Full Version : K.WILL's Sack

TMAC604
09-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Doesn't K.Will deserve a sack when he caused that fumble during the handoff on that run play.
The ball was never handed off and who's to say it might have been a play action pass.
He should get credit for a sack and FF.

Del Rio
09-13-2006, 11:42 AM
No it doesn't count as a sack.

TMAC604
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
It should count.
Any reason why it shouldn't?

Del Rio
09-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Sure, because he didn't sack the QB he caused a fumble.

Phlegm
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
I always thought that forcing the QB to fumble was also registered as a sack too.

Json
09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I was under the impression that if you cause the QB to fumble it IS regirstered as a sack on the stat sheet.

Semperfi Vike
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello all, I have been a football coach for 6 yrs now and yes when a QB is hit and fumbles the ball it is a sack and FF. Maybe the NFL is looking at it as the RB was charged with the fumble

Del Rio
09-13-2006, 12:23 PM
If he is in the motion of passing it is. If he is handing the ball off to a RB it is charged to the RB. That's the way it has always been.

If it is the RB who fumbles how can it be a sack?

jargomcfargo
09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

Doesn't K.Will deserve a sack when he caused that fumble during the handoff on that run play.
The ball was never handed off and who's to say it might have been a play action pass.
He should get credit for a sack and FF.

It was a touchdown saving play as they had us completely blocked around their left end.
That preserved the only stat I care about. 1 win!

Prophet
09-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I thought Brunell fumbled (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20060911_MIN@WAS).
Can't remember exactly when that play was in the game.

jargomcfargo
09-13-2006, 12:39 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I thought Brunell fumbled (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20060911_MIN@WAS).
Can't remember exactly when that play was in the game.

If I'm thinking of the correct play they were on about the 5 yard line and Brunnel turned left to pitch to the running back who was heading around the left end. They had James triple teamed and sealed inside and no backers were out there to make a play. But fortunately and probably due to James being tripled Williams penetrated and got toBrunnell.

I only saw the play once in live action so I may be mistaken. But that's how I saw it then.
I wish I had recorded it so I could review it. Maybe I'll have to thaw out some more crow!

Del Rio
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
I have never seen a defensive player credited with a sack when he causes the QB to fumble in the process of a running play.

If you want to know for sure it was a run play watch the lineman and see what they do. Even if it is playaction they will not be able to be downfield at all.

ejmat
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
It was a running play however in this case it doesn't matter.
The QB did fumble because KWill hit the ball.
I'm not positive but I do not think KWill even touched Brunell.
However the tackle was on the person that recovered the ball.
I think that was Portis.
If that is the case there shouldn't ba a sack.
KWill should be credited for a forced fumble and a tackle on Clinton Portis.

GFreeman44
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought on Sunday nights game, Eli attempted to hand it off to Barber, but the ball was knocked out of the quarterbacks hand and Eli was charged with the fumble.

And Brunnell fumbled the ball before he got it into the rb hands.

Edit:
If it's the play i'm thinking of, Brunnell got his legs wraped up and fell to the ground.

VKG4LFE
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah I thought on missed exchanges the QB was always given the fumble. I do have to agree with Del on this though it wouldn't have been a sack on a pretty obvious running play (at least in my mind it was), but then on the other hand I don't really care we WON!!

GFreeman44
09-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Your right, he shouldn't have gotten credit for a sack, but he should have gotten credit for a forced fumble if he made contact with Brunnell.

Vikes_King
09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
im sure he's not bitter about it at all, he saved the play, only place stats matter is FF

MplsViking
09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
I really would have no clue, but im sure he doesnt really care about the stats... too bad we didnt pick up that fumble :'(.....but we still won! lol

plus who say that play by our boy Ray Edwards in the 4th quarter? that play was HUGE.. might have saved us the game ???... he's looking like he could be a steal in the 4th round

Mr Anderson
09-13-2006, 07:38 PM
You sound like a broken record Del.

A broken record that happens to be correct.