PDA

View Full Version : Few thoughts on the game

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Long time PPO,

As usual I'll start with the negative:

Troy Williamson should get cut if he ever whiffs on passes like that again. I haven't seen that since Todd Pinkston was making non-impact plays like that like he was up in the club. He looked scared out there, despite the 42 yard grab. We need a go to receiver, and if he can't get it done, we need to let him go.

Now the positive, and why I actually made the thread:

Brad Johnson absolutely floored me last night.

He looked accurate, he had ZIP on his passes, and threw a pretty deep ball. This definitely brought me to a kneel in admiration.

What did the actual flooring was the passion and happiness he showed. Looked like a young kid out there, much the way Brett Favre has been claimed to be for years since becoming gray. The team was silent when he was speaking in the huddle and broke the huddle with confidence.

I like our chances. As long as we find a go to receiver. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Koren Robinson.

Webby
09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Long time PPO,

As usual I'll start with the negative:

Troy Williamson should get cut if he ever whiffs on passes like that again. I haven't seen that since Todd Pinkston was making non-impact plays like that like he was up in the club. He looked scared out there, despite the 42 yard grab. We need a go to receiver, and if he can't get it done, we need to let him go.

Now the positive, and why I actually made the thread:

Brad Johnson absolutely floored me last night.

He looked accurate, he had ZIP on his passes, and threw a pretty deep ball. This definitely brought me to a kneel in admiration.

What did the actual flooring was the passion and happiness he showed. Looked like a young kid out there, much the way Brett Favre has been claimed to be for years since becoming gray. The team was silent when he was speaking in the huddle and broke the huddle with confidence.

I like our chances. As long as we find a go to receiver. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Koren Robinson.

Wasn't your old title PP.O's Mr. Ahem, Right?

Need to restore that....

Nice post...nice to see you again!

snowinapril
09-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Really, KRob wasn't any better.

We tend to forget he was a dropper too.
We just didn't get to see that all that much last year becasue there weren't a ton of balls thrown his way.

When I first read your post, I thought it said Farve turned G*Y, but when I read it it again, I realized it say GR*Y. :o

Brad is OUR man now!