PDA

View Full Version : Fason Injured?

V-Unit
09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I was wondering why Moore was seeing playing time over Fason, especially because we know Childress likes Fason more and Fason was supposed to be used to spell Taylor.

I thne noticed while watching highlights (I've seen it three times now) that Fason went down with an injury on the first punt return. Randle El's second juke shook Fason to the ground, where he didn't move, laying there in a huddled mass. It literally looked like Randle El broke his ankle.

I hope I am wrong.

skum
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Because Memo is better when healty and he was yesterday, i dont think he likes Fason more, Memo was just injured all pre-season..

The thing with C-Taylor and Memo is that they both run well and catch well, so you really dont have to change anything when playing either one of them..

If anything was wrong with Fason i think we would have known..

whackthepack
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

I was wondering why Moore was seeing playing time over Fason, especially because we know Childress likes Fason more and Fason was supposed to be used to spell Taylor.

I thne noticed while watching highlights (I've seen it three times now) that Fason went down with an injury on the first punt return. Randle El's second juke shook Fason to the ground, where he didn't move, laying there in a huddled mass. It literally looked like Randle El broke his ankle.

I hope I am wrong.

I think you meant to say that Fason looked like he broke his ankle, and I hope you are wrong too!

BloodyHorns82
09-12-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm still a Mewelde fan.
Sure the guy is a big vag!na, but on the rare occasions when he was healthy last year he seemed like he could bust some moves.
Although this could be simply because our only comparision was Michael (run for the pile) Bennet.
Who knows.
I just know I haven't seen much from Fason yet that's excited me.
I hope he's healthy though.
I didn't catch that play where he went down.

Zeus
09-12-2006, 12:30 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

I hope I am wrong.

It sure looked like he was hurt, and I don't recall him being on the field again following that.
Nothing on the Vikes website about it.
Nothing on Star-Tribune's site, either.
But it is just the day after the game.

=Z=

Turboe
09-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I made note of that during the game while in Live Chat, but no one else mentioned anything.

It looked like he just went down with a knee or ankle or something when he tried to stop suddenly on the sideline.
While Randle El was making his last cut and getting tackled by another Vike, Ciatric was still down on the sideline and looked to be in a lot of pain.

I too have not been able to hear anything further, but it is fishy (to quote Randy Moss).

COJOMAY
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
In Childress' press conference at noon today he said there were no injuries coming out of the game. Doesn't sound like anything to me.

Vikes_King
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
i hope he's not hurt, but then again i want to see moore get some action

singersp
09-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Because Memo was 2nd on the depth chart. It was mentioned during or before the game.

No controversy here.

Turboe
09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

In Childress' press conference at noon today he said there were no injuries coming out of the game. Doesn't sound like anything to me.

Thats good, I was just a little worried after seeing it on TV.

COJOMAY
09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Here's Childress' official press conference reply:

Childress: Okay, had to sleep fast last night here. Injuries, I don't have any significant injuries to report. Guys are still checking in here throughout the day, but at this point it doesn't seem like we are any worse for wear.

You can check out the rest of the press conference at http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressQuotes91206.html

V-Unit
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
That's great news. Sorry if I scared anyone but it certainly looked bad.