PDA

View Full Version : Having a brat right now!

Turboe
09-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I just cant wait until game time, I am pretty much useless here today as far as getting much work done.
I boiled me up a brat in beer and threw it on the grill a few minutes ago, now I am savoring it while cruising PPO.
Man this day is creeping by so slowly.......

Come on game time.

I might find out if my 2 year old likes Bratwurst tonight, since that is the meal of choice (my choice that is) tonight for the family.
I just have to make sure they dont see them before they are cooked or they will never even try it probably.

Mr. Purple
09-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Haha nothin better then a Brat on game day Turbo!The Brats with the cheese inside of them should be illeagal.

And yes this day is creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping bye.

MaddenVodkaAddict
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Haha nothin better then a Brat on game day Turbo!The Brats with the cheese inside of them should be illeagal.

Amen.
What the hell is it with condiments too?
Seriously, they
just ruin the true flavor of the food itself.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I grilled up a nice porter house steak yesterday, not sure what I'm having tonight...Maybe the same dam thing... ;D

Del Rio
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Elk Steak and Rainbow Trout for me tonight. Have a grouse in the dutch oven that I harvested yesterday morning. Having some friends over and having a feast.

Brats are the way to go though IMO. I have to clear out my chest freezer before hunting season is firing on all cylinders.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
"MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:

Amen.
Seriously, they

Cheese inside brats... Blasphemy. I'll probably be eating brats tonight as well. My food of choice for opening weekend gameday. I agree with the condiments thing though. The only thing that should go on brats is Bavarian Sauerkraut.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
"Del" wrote:

Elk Steak and Rainbow Trout for me tonight. Have a grouse in the dutch oven that I harvested yesterday morning. Having some friends over and having a feast.

Brats are the way to go though IMO. I have to clear out my chest freezer before hunting season is firing on all cylinders.

Del, Anyway you could ship out some of them elk steaks?.. Or even one of them grouse?...

I'de gladly return the favour with a nice New England Lobster, or a seafood of your choice....Maybe some giant sea scallops, or a nice Black Fish... ;D

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
If the smell of Brats on the Grill or Lobsters and Steamers cooking up in the pot don't get your blood running for the game tonight, then take a listen to this....May just get that blood boiling.. ;D

http://208.231.213.174/download/NFL_-_Fox_Sports_Football_Theme.mp3

Del Rio
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Del, Anyway you could ship out some of them elk steaks?.. Or even one of them grouse?...

I'de gladly return the favour with a nice New England Lobster, or a seafood of your choice....Maybe some giant sea scallops, or a nice Black Fish... ;D

If you ever stop by Ned you can have all the elk you can carry.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
"Del" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Serious Del,

Do you and your wife like Lobster?....We have the best in the world in New England.....I could put some dry ice in a styrofoam box and ship it Fed-Ex overnight.....You in return, ship out a couple of nice Elk Steaks......

I'de be willing to do it if you would.......

Sound like a plan?.....

Del Rio
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Serious Del,

Do you and your wife like Lobster?....We have the best in the world in New England.....I could put some dry ice in a styrofoam box and ship it Fed-Ex overnight.....You in return, ship out a couple of nice Elk Steaks......

Sound like a plan?.....

Sure except I would have to send you like 400lb of elk to make up for the cost of the lobster lol. I have about 220lb of elk left but I am not a rich man :P

6-KINGS
09-11-2006, 02:19 PM
"Del" wrote:

Maybe that jerky can make it's way to Texas.......
I would say 15-25lbs should be good for now.... ;)

Turboe
09-11-2006, 02:40 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:

Amen.
Seriously, they

Cheese inside brats... Blasphemy. I'll probably be eating brats tonight as well. My food of choice for opening weekend gameday. I agree with the condiments thing though. The only thing that should go on brats is Bavarian Sauerkraut.

I too like the plain brats and usually just eat them "native" with nothing on them.
Although I have been known to put a little "Cleveland Stadium Mustard" on them as well straight from Cleveland, OH.
Good stuff.
Got a bottle in the fridge at all times.

I have to have a brat for just about every Vikings game it is just part of my ritual.
And I try to keep one last bite at least for game time, part of my superstition to save the last bite for kickoff time if I can make them last that long.

VikesfaninWis
09-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm not much of a brat man myself, coming from the Italian heritage, I prefer Italian Sausage.. Either way you look at it, the day is slowly going by, and I can' wait for game time..

Prophet
09-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Damn, I'm hungry now.
I'm just going with some nachos with queso fresco/habenero/serrano peppers chased with a homemade pizza and a few cold beers.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 03:07 PM
"Del" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Serious Del,

Sound like a plan?.....

Sure except I would have to send you like 400lb of elk to make up for the cost of the lobster lol. I have about 220lb of elk left but I am not a rich man :P

Del,

I noticed 6's post bellow, do you have elk jerky also?..

It's not about the value to me, just want to try some elk steaks and would love to try elk jerky if you have it....

Don't worry about the value of the lobsters, remember, I live near the ocean and have friends who have lobster boats or like myself, dive for them sometimes...

Again, I'de be more than happy to ship you out a couple of nice lobsters so you and the wife could enjoy them......Just in return, send me and my wife a couple of elk steaks, to me the elk is priceless because we can't get it here.
That is unless I go to a Game Dinner and I'm lucky enough to see it there, which has never happened yet.....

I do get alot of deer given to me during the hunting season from friends, but I bet elk has a taste of its own..

Just think about it, or even ask for something you can't find out there that we may have here, like a certain type of fish or something....Those giant Sea Scallops I mentioned are the BOMB.... ;D

Del Rio
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I do have tons of Jerky and elk and deer and goose and swan and duck.......

I imagine I can send you some elk. PM me the details.

Prophet
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Do you have any baby seal?
That's what I'm craving.

Del Rio
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

I am fresh out of baby seal. I do have some fetus though........

Lord I apologize for saying I have baby fetus in my freezer....be with the pygmies amen.

Freya
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Runs out screaming...............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Prophet
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

Lord I apologize for saying I have baby fetus in my freezer....be with the pygmies amen.

I might be interested in some of that 'possum fetus if you still have some.
Those things are good deep-fried with a little salsa on the side.
You owe me a free order, the last ones were a little too developed...had some cartiledge and bone in them already.
Took a few extra beers to wash them down.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

You owe me a free order, the last ones were a little too developed...had some cartiledge and bone in them already.

Whens the last time you washed down some " BALUT " with a beer Prophet?... ;D

Prophet
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

It has been a few years.
I actually like the flavor....as long as I don't look at the damn thing I'm ok.

NordicNed
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

It has been a few years.
I actually like the flavor....as long as I don't look at the gol 'darnit thing I'm ok.
Remind me next spring, my hens should be laying by then, I'll have to ship you down some Home Grown Balut, from CT.... ;)

Prophet
09-11-2006, 04:20 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

That's what I'm craving.

It has been a few years.
I actually like the flavor....as long as I don't look at the gol 'darnit thing I'm ok.
Remind me next spring, my hens should be laying by then, I'll have to ship you down some Home Grown Balut, from CT.... ;)

Need duck eggs though.
At least it won't spoil, the worse case is they will be too formed and I'll have to pick the feathers out of me teeth and chew the cartiledge.
You should open up a balut shop in CT.
I can see you riding down the street on a banana seat bike yelling, 'Balut, Baluuuut, get your fresh Baaaaluuuuuuut!'

oakmage
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
And that is why I love this site you always talk about my favorite subjects that start with the letter F and they are Football and Food...

howkings
09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Lets see... I brought a new TV...I took the night off from work...I've got some buffalo wings...I think I'm ready!