PDA

View Full Version : MeMo thinks he's a tough guy.

marcosMN
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Moore confident he's tough enough
'Fragile' label has dogged running back lately
BY MARCUS R. FULLER
Pioneer Press

In a framed picture on a wall of the Vikings' marketing office, running back Mewelde Moore stands with his arms spread in the end zone while celebrating his 71-yard punt-return touchdown against the New York Giants last year...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15465653.htm

Vikes_King
09-08-2006, 02:11 PM
there was a similiar article about this yesterday i believe, i really do think moore can be a good running back.. but he has to prove he's tough to get rid of that label.

and by that i dont mean by being stupid and risking further injury, but i mean just being able to go in there and take multiple reps without it wearing on him too much

Prophet
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Tough guys are a dime a dozen, especially on the Internet.
The shrimper in Forrest Gump that was in a wheelchair was a tough bastard, dont' see him running the ball in the NFL though.
We need a tough guy that can stay healthy and carry the pigskin every weekend for 20+ weeks a year.
MeMo hasn't even come close.
Hopefully he can turn things around.

Freakout
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
What makes it very frustrating is Memo has more potential than even Taylor in my opinion.
In this offense he could and should play extremely well but he just cannot stay on the field.

cajunvike
09-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I seem to remember one Robert Smith that once had that very same label...he didn't turn out too bad once he got past the injury bug!

Michael Bennett also had that same label...but the difference was that Bennett doesn't know how to find holes...Smith could and did...and MeMo can as well.
Let's give MeMo this season to show what he can do in the time that he is in there...it may end up where he ends up having a great season...let's all hope so!

cogitans
09-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with you Cajun. As long as MM hasn't been injured he has run pretty solid. Especially on the outside.

His biggest problem - aside the injuries - is his blocking. Defenders usually run right over him.

cajunvike
09-08-2006, 03:20 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

I agree with you Cajun. As long as MM hasn't been injured he has run pretty solid. Especially on the outside.

His biggest problem - aside the injuries - is his blocking. Defenders usually run right over him.

He needs to do what Robert Smith did...hit the weights!
Anyone remember that Thansgiving game when Madden gave him and three others a turkey leg...Rob's arms were MASSIVE in that screen shot!!!

cogitans
09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Anyone remember that Thansgiving game when Madden gave him and three others a turkey leg...Rob's arms were MASSIVE in that screen shot!!!

That could help on the blocking maybe, but my take is that he just misses the technique for it. His arms an feet are all over the place in blocking.

As for the injuries he has mostly had problems with his ancles in the past. That's hard to fix in the weight room. But give him my number I'll give him a tip on how to use sportstape to stabilize it in gamesituations.

tybrones87
09-08-2006, 03:34 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

This pic?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/tybrones87/Vikingheros.jpg

Ltrey33
09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
"tybrones87" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

This pic?

Ah yes...happy memories. They always occur before colossal disappointment.

oakmage
09-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I have seen people say he needs to be on the field playing but last year he did play in all 16 games so maybe he is not a wimpy as we all (including me) think that he is.

HornedHat
09-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I don't think he's a wimp. His durability is a question, but the man has only been a pro for two years. This is the year that determines his toughness. I still believe that it's Chester's job to make him irrelevant.

BadlandsVikings
09-09-2006, 12:08 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"tybrones87" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

more turducken please!!!!!

This pic?

Ah yes...happy memories. They always occur before colossal disappointment.