PDA

View Full Version : New member here...Cajunvike

cajunvike
09-19-2004, 02:05 AM
I am new here, although I have been reading several of the postings since training camp. I know...what took me so long to join in the fun, you ask. I don't have much experience with chat rooms/boards, but this group of people seem to really enjoy discussing the topics here...especially as regards the Vikings.

I have been a Vikings fan as long as I have been watching pro football, so this is a great way to keep up with the Vikes. I am looking forward to the season and the great topics that will be discussed on this board.

Thanks in advance to all the great Vikes fans on this board for what promises to be a great year for Vikings fans!

I know I am posting pretty late tonight, but I needed some time to figure out exactly how this board works. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Cajunvike

jackyl
09-19-2004, 02:11 AM
Welcome!

daredevil25
09-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Welcome aboard

hawaiianvike21
09-19-2004, 06:19 AM
http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/sign_welcome.gif :newb:

zzbudzz
09-19-2004, 09:56 AM
welcome ! i'm new to the site as well!

AngloVike
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Welcome Cajunvike, always good to see a new member to the board. Feel free to post and don't worry what others think - despite what some would think no-one on here is right all of the time !
Look forward to your contributions

ADubya26
09-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Nice to have ya on board CajunVike!

purplepat
09-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Greetings and SKOL to ya! Are you on any other Viking boards? There's a guy on the Star Tribune message boards who hails from Northern Va.

I'm a native of the Old Dominion as well...grew up on the Virginia Peninsula around Yorktown/Hampton, graduated from ODU.

enlvikeman
09-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Welcome cajun...from your friendly neighbor to the east (Maryland)

PhillyVikes
09-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Welcome :) I grew up in Northern VA, I lived in the Dale City, Woodbridge area. Maybe I know you lol

whackthepack
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Welcome Cajun, hope you enjoy the banter!!!

I was out to the Blue Ridge Mountains about a year ago, it is a very beautiful area. We were in the woolwine area.

cajunvike
09-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome.

Jackyl, sorry to say that I have always rooted against the Cowboys (due to having to deal with many obnoxious 'Boys fans growing up in Louisiana). But I won't hold it against you. I did happen to be in Big D last Sunday when the Vikes destroyed the Boys and I would be lying if I didn't admit to teasing all of the Dallas fans that were watching the game with me.

Purplepat, I am not on any other boards as I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to chat rooms, etc. I hope that I can make up for that on this board, however.

Bud, where in VA are you located.

PhillyVikes, I doubt that I know you as I am not originally from VA (I live near Falls Church, having moved here seven years ago).

To the rest of you vets here, I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to joining in.

Cajunvike

hovan
09-20-2004, 12:10 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome.

Jackyl, sorry to say that I have always rooted against the Cowboys (due to having to deal with many obnoxious 'Boys fans growing up in Louisiana). But I won't hold it against you. I did happen to be in Big D last Sunday when the Vikes destroyed the Boys and I would be lying if I didn't admit to teasing all of the Dallas fans that were watching the game with me.

Purplepat, I am not on any other boards as I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to chat rooms, etc. I hope that I can make up for that on this board, however.

Bud, where in VA are you located.

PhillyVikes, I doubt that I know you as I am not originally from VA (I live near Falls Church, having moved here seven years ago).

To the rest of you vets here, I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to joining in.

Cajunvike
Welcome Aboard Cajun Vike.... Don't celebrate to hard tomorrow its a work night. :drunken:

cajunvike
09-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks, Hovan!

Don't laugh at me, but I quit drinking years ago. All the better to savor every Viking win this year on the way to claiming the Lombardi trophy. Speaking of which, why does the championship trophy have to be named after a Packer coach? It's not like they won the most Super Bowls or anything.

VikesFan4Life
09-20-2004, 09:44 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Thanks, Hovan!

Don't laugh at me, but I quit drinking years ago. All the better to savor every Viking win this year on the way to claiming the Lombardi trophy. Speaking of which, why does the championship trophy have to be named after a Packer coach? It's not like they won the most Super Bowls or anything.Welcome cajunvike!

I also think the Lombardi trophy should be renamed. Lombardi was a great coach and person, but it just isn't right. I wouldn't like it if it were called the Landry trophy or the Halas Trophy or whatever great coach you want to put in there.

Let's get a neutral name for the darn thing. Who's with us?

Or are we just crazy? :scratch:

Del Rio
09-20-2004, 10:06 AM
welcome Cajunvike just in time for a great season.

As far as the Lombardi trophy I have no beef with the name. They won the first superbowl. And truth be told he was an amazing coach. He finished his career with a 96-34-6 record and a 9-1 postseason record. His win percentage was way up there.

higher then walsh higher then noll.

Just a bit of sold school flavor, and there is nothing wrong with that. If they did change the name it should be something like:

"Overpaid, high all the time, salary cap cheating, free agency diminished, one year dynasty, breakdance in the endzone, cheap shotin, symbol of who has the most money, and icon to all the players and coaches that are dissapointed in what the game has become."

Or maybe they can whore it out like they do the stadiums and it can be called the "Verizon trophy"..........can you hear me now?

But until then Lombardi trophy will work for me.

sitandbehitski
09-20-2004, 10:24 AM
welcome to our humble abode!

UTVikfan
09-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Glad to see you joined us Cajun. =). WELCOME!

VKG4LFE
09-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Well this is a year late, but welcome cajun!! lol

AngloVike
09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I don't have much experience with chat rooms/boards, .
I know I am posting pretty late tonight, but I needed some time to figure out exactly how this board works. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Cajunvike

yeah right, didn't take that long to figure it now did it ??? :grin:
typical lawyer talk and trying to get in with the ordinary people :lol:

well I somehow managed to miss you arrival - so a very belated welcome to the board - hope to see plenty of ya on here !

cajunvike
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I don't have much experience with chat rooms/boards, .

Cajunvike

yeah right, didn't take that long to figure it now did it ??? :grin:
typical lawyer talk and trying to get in with the ordinary people :lol:

well I somehow managed to miss you arrival - so a very belated welcome to the board - hope to see plenty of ya on here !

You actually DID welcome me the first time...check the first page of the thread. Thanks again for making my early days enjoyable and for your continued camraderie! SKOL!

NordicNed
09-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Cajun,

Tried to call you and all I get is an answering machine with a messege.

" Sorry can't get to the phone right now, I'm in the middle of making another post on the PPO site" " Please leave name and number and I'll call you back"

So, I guess I can expect to here from you around Christmas...LOL..

Congrates Cajun, I enjoy your post and your one of the many that keep me coming back to PPO.ORG...

vikingNed

Prophet
09-16-2005, 06:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I am new here, although I have been reading several of the postings since training camp. I know...what took me so long to join in the fun, you ask. I don't have much experience with chat rooms/boards, but this group of people seem to really enjoy discussing the topics here...especially as regards the Vikings.

I have been a Vikings fan as long as I have been watching pro football, so this is a great way to keep up with the Vikes. I am looking forward to the season and the great topics that will be discussed on this board.

Thanks in advance to all the great Vikes fans on this board for what promises to be a great year for Vikings fans!

Cajunvike

lmao, welcome Cajunvike! You are one of the fastest posters I have ever met, 10,000+ posts in a day is not a bad start. :shock:

josdin00
09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Prophet, you missed the part that I almost missed when I looked at this thread. Check out the date on the first post:

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:05 pm Post subject: New member here...Cajunvike

This is from a year ago.

Still 10,000+ posts in a year isn't a bad start either.

(yes, at first, I thought Cajun was being sarcastic and "introducing" himself after he hit 10000 posts)

UTVikfan
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow, that was pre-beer, pre-first post days too. WTG! Cajun. I am glad you joined us, and I think you better start another thread, maybe a movie, maybe TnT hit the bottle, or a flirting thread, maybe a CHEER UP! (my personal favorite. =D ), so you can hit 50k posts in 2 years here. I vote for cheer up!

jackyl
09-16-2005, 06:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/jackyl_c4/CF%20Pics/f8236178.jpg

shockzilla
09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Sorry I didn't welcome you on board back then, either. I didn't notice the date on the original post either - FUNNY!!!!! :lol:

ultravikingfan
09-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Another newb! :roll:

:lol:

LosAngelis
09-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Welcome cajun!

I look forward to the extra bandwidth Webby will have to pay for to keep you around.

Worth it though. Eh?

Webby
09-17-2005, 07:37 AM
I bill Cajun by the thread.

Keep posting, buddy!

akvikefan89
09-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Welcome Newb :lol:

LOL :lol:

Prophet
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the site, I look forward to your posts.

PacNWVike
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Nice move barrister!

;D
Perhaps when you become more familiar with the board you'll wish to visit the frozen tundra for a Viking game.
If so, let me know and perhaps we can hook up and I'll show you around the big city...

:P
SKOL!!!!!

Bdubya
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I am kind of sad that I wasn't a part of your welcoming party.
Join again and I will fix all of that and get you a stripper.

singersp
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Look at this!

A 4 page thread starring Cajun & not one sexual remark by him!

Boy, how times have changed.

shockzilla
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Look at this!

A 4 page thread starring Cajun & not one sexual remark by him!

Boy, how times have changed.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH??????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

AngloVike
01-25-2007, 05:40 AM
I am new here, although I have been reading several of the postings since training camp.
I know...what took me so long to join in the fun, you ask.
I don't have much experience with chat rooms/boards, but this group of people seem to really enjoy discussing the topics here...especially as regards the Vikings.

Translates as " I really have no friends at all and I thought I'd hang around here.."
bit like the way there's always some snotty nosed kid with bottle glasses and a sleeveless jumper hanging around the cool guys in school....

;D

I have been a Vikings fan as long as I have been watching pro football, so this is a great way to keep up with the Vikes.
I am looking forward to the season and the great topics that will be discussed on this board.
translates as " by the way did I say that I am looking to become the all time poster on here. Just as long as the threads don't mention Boston, Pats or Red Sox then I'll be fine

translates as " I'm sucking up to everyone so please be nice to me else I'm liable to burst into tears"

I know I am posting pretty late tonight, but I needed some time to figure out exactly how this board works.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
translates as " especially the women, which is why I'm posting so late to see what female talent is about on here this time of an evening."

j/k Cajun .... we like you really

;D

marcosMN
01-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Um, the site is full.

Sorry man, but your request to join has been denied.

:P ;D :P ;D :P

Mr Anderson
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
I didn't know they had computers in the bayou!

Welcome to the site.

whackthepack
01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
It's great to look back and see how our little Cajun has grown up!
From a newbie that hadn't posted on any other boards to the posting king and beloved member, it just warms your heart to see such a success story!

Excuse me I have to wipe a tear!

Zeus
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

It's great to look back and see how our little Cajun has grown up!
From a newbie that hadn't posted on any other boards to the posting king and beloved member, it just warms your heart to see such a success story!

All I could think was - 2.5 years and nearly 25000 posts - what a POST WHORE!

=Z=

WileEViking
02-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to your insight...

SKOL
02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Belated welcome newb.

Christie
02-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the site cajun. At least you didn't make the wrong move by placing all you titles in caps. I believe someone gave me a bad time ??? for doing that when i was a newb. That is okay still love ya anyway. :-*

SharperImage
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
WOW!! my how cajun has grown up... Congrats NOW LETS DO THE POST WHORE DANCE!!!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z130/TonyK47/0postwhore6ey7ia1.gif

marstc09
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
"SharperImage" wrote:

WOW!! my how cajun has grown up... Congrats NOW LETS DO THE POST WHORE DANCE!!!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z130/TonyK47/0postwhore6ey7ia1.gif

LOL at least I enjoy his comical posts. Keep them coming.

Marrdro
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Welcome to my newest purple friend.
I am definately sure you will post often.
Not sure about well.
;D

We need to take a look at trying to get together at the first game in 2007 and then going to Hooters afterwards.
;D

marstc09
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Welcome to my newest purple friend.
I am definately sure you will post often.
Not sure about well.

;D

We need to take a look at trying to get together at the first game in 2007 and then going to Hooters afterwards.

;D

I LOVE HOOTERS! Count me in.

ThorSPL
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
So I was thinking... he's a lawyer.

I wonder whose dime he's making 30,000 posts on??

And you wonder why legal counsel costs so much......

BadlandsVikings
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
welcome to the site

are you a coonass :D

BBQ Platypus
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Official BBQ Platypus "Welcome to Insert Forum Name Here" Cookie-Cutter Form Letter:

Greetings, (not) New Poster(s)*!
As of now, my feelings toward you are completely neutral! May they remain neutral or better for many a month, before you say something (such as, dare I say, a lewd comment?) that annoys me slightly until about a week later when I forget about it (namely because by then you've already made about 2 bajillion other posts for me to ponder the exact meaning of)! Then, may they remain neutral again!
Heck, you might even become one of the most beloved, active members of this forum!
(Ha - as if!)

Many several congraturation and thanks for three years of cromulent posting!

:-X << Keanu Reeves during that one scene in The Matrix where the agent has his mouth melt into his face and disappear.
Keanu is happy for you, but he has no mouth, and his utter inability to show any sort of emotion would prohibit him from expressing his happiness even if he did.

* You really gotta wonder if it's just one person making all those posts.