PDA

View Full Version : McCombs Disses Vikes



ejmat
09-08-2006, 02:12 AM
McCombs: Bad trade

In an interview with the Washington Post, former owner Red McCombs said he strongly opposed the Vikings' decision to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings received a second-round pick from Miami, which they used to draft New Mexico offensive lineman Ryan Cook.

"I think they made a terrible mistake letting Daunte go and getting almost nothing for him," McCombs said. "I think he's one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. He's a good team guy. We brought him along and developed him. I don't think they should have traded him.

"But I do think [new starter] Brad Johnson will do a great job. He'll give them some good leadership."

As if McCombs did so much good for the team.
The cheap bass-turd.
Goes to show you McCombs is clueless.
Pep wanted out.
If Pep was such a "team guy" why didn't he do what was necessary to learn the new offense?
Why did he go to the media and whine?
Give me a breal Red.
Go run your car dealerships in San Antonio and stay out of the football realm.

Vikes_King
09-08-2006, 02:18 AM
he didnt really "diss" the vikings, he said what 90% of the "experts" and yes, most of the people on this board said.

he stated it was a mistake getting rid of a player of his calibur for only a 2nd round draft pick.

he also said
"But I do think [new starter] Brad Johnson will do a great job. He'll give them some good leadership."

i wouldnt quite say he was making fun of the vikings, just disagreeing with a choice

magicci
09-08-2006, 02:39 AM
okay McCombs but you trade a top 3 reciever who actually wanted to be here

Braddock
09-08-2006, 02:58 AM
"magicci" wrote:


okay McCombs but you trade a top 3 reciever who actually wanted to be here


And there it is... good point magicci

midgensa
09-08-2006, 03:02 AM
I dont mind these comments ... I think a lot of people think them and for now may have a reason to think them. At the same time ... I actually agree with the move. I like C-Pep elsewhere after making it clear he did not want to be here.
Also ... what is a breal :lol:

olson_10
09-08-2006, 03:10 AM
what a loser..hes the one who tried to screw us over by trading moss even after wilf publicly said he wanted to keep him around

Prophet
09-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Again, the man with no credibility speaks and people listen?
Pathetic.

cajunvike
09-08-2006, 10:18 AM
"Braddock" wrote:


"magicci" wrote:


okay McCombs but you trade a top 3 reciever who actually wanted to be here


And there it is... good point magicci


THE TOP RECEIVER...not top 3...THE TOP ONE!!!

And McCombs is a "never-was" in the realm of the NFL...he couldn't carry the Rooneys' hernia braces (the owner's equivalent of the jock strap...LOL)!

Del Rio
09-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Tell Red to go sell some more cars and STFU.

whackthepack
09-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Because most of the experts don't say what really happened and the truth is that we didn't trade Daunte the truth is that Daunte forced his way out of Minnesota!

Daunte may have started last night but he isn't moving well and I think by week 6 he will be limping and having serious trouble with that knee, his play last night was not good and he should have had 4 INT's not 2!

cajunvike
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
"Del" wrote:


Tell Red to go sell some more cars and STFU.


Hey Red....STFU!!!!
;D

vikingbill50
09-08-2006, 10:58 AM
i totally agree, culpepper did it to himself to get traded, how can you have such a lousy season and then have major knee surgery and not knowing how long it will be or good it will be and come ask for a new contract and millions more..so he did it to himself and i will also agree, he did not look good at all moving around, he is starting right where he left off..throwing interceptions

ejmat
09-08-2006, 11:29 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


he didnt really "diss" the vikings, he said what 90% of the "experts" and yes, most of the people on this board said.

he stated it was a mistake getting rid of a player of his calibur for only a 2nd round draft pick.

he also said
"But I do think [new starter] Brad Johnson will do a great job. He'll give them some good leadership."

i wouldnt quite say he was making fun of the vikings, just disagreeing with a choice


They got rid of a player of his calibur and got a good deal with a 2nd rounder.
The guy's future was questionable and he made it very clear he wanted out of MN.
Red shows he's clueless by not mentioning that fact.
I think whackthe pack said it.
Last night he should have had 4 INTs not 2.

sleepagent
09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Well on paper it is a bad trade, but the jury is certainly out . . . atleast until DC gets injured again or this season ends.

I think RED is forgetting some of the intangibles that occured after he left, such as contract negotitations, salary cap gains, etc.

After 1 game this season though . . . the new management is looking pretty smart if you ask me!

Prophet
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

...I think RED is forgetting some of the intangibles that occured after he left, such as contract negotitations, salary cap gains, etc...

I think you're assuming he is smart enough to know about intangibles.
He is a moron, don't expect intelligent statements from morons.

The Dropper
09-08-2006, 06:46 PM
After watching Daunte last night I'm not sure getting Ryan Cook in round 2 wasn't a good deal compared to pep. Wow, did he blow it. And anyways, McCombs is just a hillbilly car salesman with bad hair. All around he was a terrible owner, and I don't see why anyone should take anything he says seriously unless it regards a Buick.

marcosMN
09-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Bla bla bla.

Red's just getting bored, so he wanted to stir up some sh!t with the Vikes community.

He's just another talking head. I'm interested in what happens in Washington Monday night.
8)

HornedHat
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I wish I could see Red going across the middle with Daunte throwing at him against ...our defence. That is my dream tonight. The Randy trade was the bad one.

BadlandsVikings
09-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Red needs to stick one of his used cars up his but.

thevikingfan
09-09-2006, 12:54 AM
I want to change the tone and say thank you red mcombs for being so cheap that you left us 30 million in cap space and now a person is here who is not a cheap ass and has spent that money to better our team (something that u were to cheap to do) also i thank you for getting out of the state of minnesota and taking that weird ass straw hat you wear with you!

eelpout72
09-09-2006, 12:56 AM
why does Red pretend like he actually cares or is interested in the vikes... if he did he wouldnt have sold them.
He was simply just a guy looking to make a ton of cash.
Zygi should tell
him to shut his hole.

HornedHat
09-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah. I am glad to NOT see that 'weird jiggly butt straw hat '.

vikingbill50
09-09-2006, 10:35 AM
i agree, with ol'red, it was only about money, he didnt really care about the team and what the team really needed to win games, what will really be nice is when we get the new stadium and i am sure we will get one, but that is one thing ol'red couldnt do and was even talking about moving the team if he didnt get it, but i am positive that zygi will get it done and will be another plus over ol'red

NordicNed
09-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I won't even go back and read what Red had to say....



I never liked him and he was a very bad owener....I'm sure he was a good used car salesman and thats about it....

vike_mike
09-09-2006, 11:05 AM
I have to agree with the Vikings.
Getting rid of Daunte was best for everyone.
He showed me why it was a good idea Thursday.
He is going to fumble alot too.
It is going to happen.
McCombs dissed us by trading Moss when Moss said he wanted to be here.

SharperVikings
09-09-2006, 11:23 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


McCombs: Bad trade

In an interview with the Washington Post, former owner Red McCombs said he strongly opposed the Vikings' decision to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings received a second-round pick from Miami, which they used to draft New Mexico offensive lineman Ryan Cook.

"I think they made a terrible mistake letting Daunte go and getting almost nothing for him," McCombs said. "I think he's one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. He's a good team guy. We brought him along and developed him. I don't think they should have traded him.

"But I do think [new starter] Brad Johnson will do a great job. He'll give them some good leadership."

As if McCombs did so much good for the team.
The cheap bass-turd.
Goes to show you McCombs is clueless.
Pep wanted out.
If Pep was such a "team guy" why didn't he do what was necessary to learn the new offense?
Why did he go to the media and whine?
Give me a breal Red.
Go run your car dealerships in San Antonio and stay out of the football realm.


He F!!cking traded moss, and we brought him along too!
If you wouldn't have dont that McCombs, then Culpepper would have still been here, because he liked having a big play reciever!
Go F!!ck urself McCombs, and while your at it, kill yourself, cause wouldnt really care!

singersp
09-09-2006, 11:27 AM
"SharperVikings" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


McCombs: Bad trade

In an interview with the Washington Post, former owner Red McCombs said he strongly opposed the Vikings' decision to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings received a second-round pick from Miami, which they used to draft New Mexico offensive lineman Ryan Cook.

"I think they made a terrible mistake letting Daunte go and getting almost nothing for him," McCombs said. "I think he's one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. He's a good team guy. We brought him along and developed him. I don't think they should have traded him.

"But I do think [new starter] Brad Johnson will do a great job. He'll give them some good leadership."

As if McCombs did so much good for the team.
The cheap bass-turd.
Goes to show you McCombs is clueless.
Pep wanted out.
If Pep was such a "team guy" why didn't he do what was necessary to learn the new offense?
Why did he go to the media and whine?
Give me a breal Red.
Go run your car dealerships in San Antonio and stay out of the football realm.


He F!!cking traded moss, and we brought him along too!
If you wouldn't have dont that McCombs, then Culpepper would have still been here, because he liked having a big play reciever!
Go F!!ck urself McCombs, and while your at it, kill yourself, cause wouldnt really care!


All these new players, coaches & the start of a new season & we still spend a lot of time still talking about, 3 people that are no longer here. Moss, Culpepper & McCombs.
:D