PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Springs and Portis doubtful for Monday Night

Mr Anderson
09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2578188

"...ASHBURN, Va. -- Clinton Portis' first Thursday character of the season: a football player who doesn't appear as if he's going to be able to play in his team's first game.

"Today," Portis said, "I'm the 'Injured Man.' "

Portis wore a white baseball cap, a gray sweat shirt and black sweat pants, a drab outfit that matched the bleak outlook for his participation in the Washington Redskins' opener Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings....."
"...Prospects also don't look good for another starter, cornerback Shawn Springs, who has been recovering from abdominal surgery. Springs is listed as doubtful, and he indicated he has much work to do before he can think about playing..."

I also saw it on the Bottom Line.

If Springs is out, which it seems like he will be, thats a big relief for our wide receivers.

And with Portis out I am confident we will win this game.

Here's to a W on monday night.

Thermodyne
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Springs is out, barring a miracle

Portis was in pads this afternoon; make of that what you will

Vikes_King
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
so portis was changed from questionable to doubtful? (from >50% chance to >25% chance)

=\ makes our job a little easier

whackthepack
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I hope that Portis plays, so when we beat them on national television it doesn't give the talking heads or the Skin's fans anything to cry about and say that they didn't have him.

Mr. Purple
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
A win is a win, whether Portis and Springs play or not.A win will help to set the tone, I could care less if the media thinks we get it against a "weak" Redskins team.2 players dont make a team, we Lost both Tank and Greenway, but you move forward.I'd like Portis to play, so we can see where our run D's at, but hey a win is a win.

Vikes
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Injuries are part of the game. You play with what you got. Thats why the NFL is so great!