PDA

View Full Version : Vikings 75% underdog on cbssportsline



thevikingfan
09-07-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20060911_MIN@WAS

I suppose its good to be underestimated but how can they be such overwhelming favorites if they dont even know if clinton portis is gonna play?

Prophet
09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Not surprising.
Exactly where we want to be, I would be happier if nobody thought they had a chance to win.

Wiggles67
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
us who have watched and followed the Vikings all offseason know what we should be fine.
But if you take an outsider that hasnt watched us that closely they are going to see a lot of question marks, losing a pro bowl QB, our top 2 WR's, and we have an unporven RB.
That is an awful lot of question marks!

Del Rio
09-07-2006, 02:46 PM
They are docking us heavily because they do not feel we have a threat at WR.

vikingbill50
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
its not only portis but a few key palyers that might not play that will really make the difference

thevikingfan
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
top 2 wr? i can only reacall losing koren...

cogitans
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
It's fair enough. There are a lot of questionmarks on our team. Just because we know/think we can overcome them, doesn't mean everyone else belives that.

And after all we are playing a playoff team, away, on monday night.

skum
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:


top 2 wr? i can only reacall losing koren...


And Nate

whackthepack
09-07-2006, 03:12 PM
"skum" wrote:


"thevikingfan" wrote:


top 2 wr? i can only reacall losing koren...


And Nate






2005 Minnesota Viking's top receiver's by catches

1. Jermaine Wiggins

69 catches 568 yards 1 TD


2. Travis Taylor

50 catches
604 yards
4 TD's


3. Melwelde Moore

37 catches

339 yards
2 TD's


4. Marcus Robinson

31
catches
515 yards
5 TD's


5.
Nate Burleson

30
catches

328 yards
1 TD


6.
Troy Williamson

24
catches
372 yards
2 TD's


7.
Koren Robinson

22
catches
347 yards 1 TD


8.
Jimmy Kleinsasser

22
catches 171 yards
0 TD's




Combined total receiving production lost from last year.

52 catches
675 yards
2 TD's

That is not that much to lose!

Del Rio
09-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Well since he said Wide Receiver that narrows it down a bit.

Nate averaged 11 yards per reception. I guess you could argue that he should be slotted as #2 behind Taylor.

Koren Robinson however couldn't be considered our 2nd best WR because he has never done shit for us at WR. His importance to our team was all expectation and no production.

Wiggles67
09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"skum" wrote:


"thevikingfan" wrote:


top 2 wr? i can only reacall losing koren...


And Nate






2005 Minnesota Viking's top receiver's by catches

1. Jermaine Wiggins

69 catches 568 yards 1 TD


2. Travis Taylor

50 catches
604 yards
4 TD's


3. Melwelde Moore

37 catches

339 yards
2 TD's


4. Marcus Robinson

31
catches
515 yards
5 TD's


5.
Nate Burleson

30
catches

328 yards
1 TD


6.
Troy Williamson

24
catches
328 yards
1 TD


7.
Koren Robinson

22
catches
347 yards 1 TD


8.
Jimmy Kleinsasser

22
catches 171 yards
0 TD's




Combined total receiving production lost from last year.

52 catches
675 yards
2 TD's

That is not that much to lose!


Nate was battling injury all season long, KRob wasnt even signed until the 4th week of the season (I believe).
I will agree that KRob didnt do much last year but he was signed this offseason as our #1 WR and nate was supposed to be our #1 last year.
So yes we did lose our top 2 WR's, maybe not production wise but they were our top WR's

whackthepack
09-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Del my fault!
I put Nate's numbers behind Troy!

Corrected numbers for Troy

24 catches 372 yards and 2 TD's

Which gives Troy and average of 15.5 yards per catch.


Receiver's only by average


1.
Marcus
16.61 yards per catch

2.
Koren
15.77 yards per catch

3.
Troy
15.50 yards per catch

4.
Travis
12.08 yards per catch

5.
Nate
10.93 yards per catch

Del Rio
09-07-2006, 03:32 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:


Del my fault!

I put Nate's numbers behind Troy!

Corrected numbers for Troy

24 catches 372 yards and 2 TD's

Which gives Troy and average of 15.5 yards per catch.


Receiver's only by average


1.
Marcus
16.61 yards per catch

2.
Koren
15.77 yards per catch

3.
Troy

15.50 yards per catch

4.
Travis
12.08 yards per catch

5.
Nate

10.93 yards per catch





There you have it. The most worthless sack of turd on the team.
;D

whackthepack
09-07-2006, 03:33 PM
"Wiggles67" wrote:



Nate was battling injury all season long, KRob wasnt even signed until the 4th week of the season (I believe).
I will agree that KRob didnt do much last year but he was signed this offseason as our #1 WR and nate was supposed to be our #1 last year.
So yes we did lose our top 2 WR's, maybe not production wise but they were our top WR's



That was to be seen.

Koren had to prove himself, and Nate had to prove that he could be a number 1 or 2 and that he could stay healthy!
So we lost potential not production and potential only gets you so far in the NFL.

I think Troy will quickly be established as our number 1 receiver and Travis will have a heck of a season with Brad throwing to him, I am not worried in the slightest about our receivers and I am more worried about our running backs at this point.

CCthebest
09-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I wish Chilress had put more effort into receivers. Branch would have been PERFECT, no matter what the cost. K Rob really screwed us over.

thevikingfan
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
branch has never played in the west coast offense and his skills suit new england the best i do not belive he would have been overly productive here plus he is under no circumstances worth a first round pick

whackthepack
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:


branch has never played in the west coast offense and his skills suit new england the best i do not belive he would have been overly productive here plus he is under no circumstances worth a first round pick



They want 2 1st round draft picks.

Zeus
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


I wish Chilress had put more effort into receivers. Branch would have been PERFECT, no matter what the cost. K Rob really screwed us over.


How can you say that - I mean, really - what makes you think he would have been "PERFECT"?

The 78 catches for 998 yards (a piddly 12.8 average) and 5 TDs from last year when he was the #1 receiver in the #2 passing offense in the NFL last year?


NO WAY is he worth what New England was asking.

=Z=

NordicNed
09-07-2006, 04:21 PM
I believe Childress has a solid TEAM like approach to his thinking...





Branch would have not only bought his skills with him, but a very big ego also, something I think this team will be better off without....And no way is he worth 2 first round picks....

Vikes_King
09-07-2006, 05:47 PM
its kind of funny if you look at that link though..

in the expert picks, vikings are listed -4.0 in the ranking, however, of the six 'experts', all of them chose the vikings to win, except Harmon

midgensa
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


its kind of funny if you look at that link though..

in the expert picks, vikings are listed -4.0 in the ranking, however, of the six 'experts', all of them chose the vikings to win, except Harmon


That is with the spread ... they are picking us to COVER not to win