PDA

View Full Version : Moss's Comments



VikingsTw
09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
A couple of hours ago i heard moss told the media there was no comparison between him and Owens. I'm not sure why he even said that but i cant disagree with that. Ownes admitted it himself after the San Fransisco game that moss is on a level of his own. And Owens also said the other day "I catch touchdowns on the field without the off the field issues" Why does he talk shit like that, I cant stand that guy.

TheFloridianVikingFan
09-16-2004, 09:49 PM
LOL well moss catches TDs and he doesnt have the on field issues Like hmmm. the sharpie incident....

ItalianStallion
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Don't forget the squirt bottle incident. lol. I can't say I disagree with Moss, but I wish he didn't say it. I guess he is fired up, which is good.

VikingsTw
09-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah i liked it when he said he wasnt doin any interviews but i guess he decided to talk. Oh well he's the best he can say whatever he wants.

pudgesoprano
09-16-2004, 10:49 PM
he said in post games press confernce

and said you could not compare the two because they see differnt coverges


and then media took his words twisted them to try to spark some talk before the game

VikingsTw
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah i figured it was something alot like that, but now its all over the news like Moss is tryin to say he is way better. God the media is stupid.

Toss2Moss84
09-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Here's what Owens had to say on a Philly radio show today....

Says he does not compare himself to Moss, he does to great receivers like
Jerry Rice.

States he is an all-around better WR than Moss and says him and Moss have equal ability but he blocks and Moss doesn't.

Says last year he wanted to do better than Moss in the game. That he was
hurt and Garcia was not getting him the ball, that he was fixated on doing
better than Moss so that is why he went off on the coach.

Let's hope these comments find their way to Moss before Monday so the Superfreak can show TO how it's done, once again....

sdvikefan
09-17-2004, 12:20 AM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

Here's what Owens had to say on a Philly radio show today....

Says he does not compare himself to Moss, he does to great receivers like
Jerry Rice.

States he is an all-around better WR than Moss and says him and Moss have equal ability but he blocks and Moss doesn't.

Says last year he wanted to do better than Moss in the game. That he was
hurt and Garcia was not getting him the ball, that he was fixated on doing
better than Moss so that is why he went off on the coach.

Let's hope these comments find their way to Moss before Monday so the Superfreak can show TO how it's done, once again....

If I hear one more person say that Randy Moss does not block, I think I'm going to lose it. These people clearly do not watch the games, at all. Or at least they don't watch Moss on plays when the Vikings aren't passing to him.

VikingsTw
09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah me to i hate when peeps say that shit. People just here the media.

Oh by the way TOSS2MOSS i love the pic its great. What do u use to shrink your pictures so they fit in the avatar.

wv__viking__fan
09-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Just like T.O. to blame it on Garcia or someone else that he didn't get the balls he needed to out play Moss. I just wonder if after monday night, if he gets out played again, if the honey moon with Donavon will be over. I'd love to see him have another melt down on national tv. I can't stand the guy.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Wait, I am NOT starting anything here but to whomever said, "LOL well moss catches TDs and he doesnt have the on field issues Like hmmm. the sharpie incident...."

You'd rather have the off field problems with a player? The Sharpie incident is worse than the meter maid incident?

I'm NOT starting anything, its just something that surprised me to read.

pudgesoprano
09-17-2004, 06:54 AM
i like em both and people make mistakes i have made alot but so i dont care most of the people i hang out with got trouble including me so i cant hate

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 06:56 AM
I agree...can't hate either of them for their actions. Both do a ton of good for charity work and are great with kids. That's why that comment surprised me.

Moss is an absolute pleasure to watch play football....as is TO.

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 07:35 AM
T.O apparently talks a better game then Moss.

As far as playing a better game that is uncertain. But he definatley showed a lack of class with the way he has handled himself with the 49ers.

Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb gay. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.

I place him on the same level as keyshawn only T.O. plays a lot better.

DoubleDown11
09-17-2004, 09:16 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb ***. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.

If Garcia is gay, I want to be gay. Did you see his girlfiriend?
http://www.playboy.com/playmates/pmoy/pmoy2004/


Anyways, I think all this TO vs Moss is all a bunch of media hype, Let us see who is talking on Tuesday!

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb ***. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.

If Garcia is ***, I want to be ***. Did you see his girlfiriend?
http://www.playboy.com/playmates/pmoy/pmoy2004/


Anyways, I think all this TO vs Moss is all a bunch of media hype, Let us see who is talking on Tuesday!
NJ Governor Jim McGreevey was married with 2 kids when he came out a month ago....

But I agree with the fact that its all media hype..I said the same thing yesterday on here.

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 09:21 AM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

Here's what Owens had to say on a Philly radio show today....

Says he does not compare himself to Moss, he does to great receivers like
Jerry Rice.

States he is an all-around better WR than Moss and says him and Moss have equal ability but he blocks and Moss doesn't.

Says last year he wanted to do better than Moss in the game. That he was
hurt and Garcia was not getting him the ball, that he was fixated on doing
better than Moss so that is why he went off on the coach.

Let's hope these comments find their way to Moss before Monday so the Superfreak can show TO how it's done, once again....

I truly hope Moss hears this.

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Here's the article:

PHILADELPHIA - Terrell Owens claims it doesn't bother him when Randy Moss says he'll be the best receiver on the field Monday night.

Sure sounds like it bothers him.

"I've always given Randy his due," Owens said Thursday. "If he doesn't feel like I'm comparable, that's fine. I would say guys like Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin are the kind of guys I'd go out and compare myself with. If he feels like he's on another planet, that's fine. I'm still very confident in my ability."

Moss told reporters covering the Vikings in Eden Prairie, Minn., that because of the complex defenses teams design to shut him down, he - and not Owens, not Marvin Harrison, not Torry Holt - is the best wide receiver in the NFL.

"You can go to T.O., you can go to Marvin Harrison - you can go through all those high-profile receivers," Moss said. "But nobody sees the coverages that I see.

"The comparison between the two of us next week - there is no comparison."

Moss is the first player in NFL history to record 1,000-yard seasons in each of his first six seasons. Owens has an NFL-leading 54 touchdowns since 2000, including three against the Giants Sunday in his first game with the Eagles.

On Monday night, Moss and Owens will both be in the spotlight when the Eagles and Vikings meet at the Linc in a nationally televised prime-time game. And although they don't play against each other, the comparisons are impossible to avoid.

Especially when Moss announces that there is no comparison.

"That's all fine and dandy," Owens said. "If he is No. 1 in a lot of peoples' eyes, in my eyes, I feel like I'm the best at what I can do out there on the field.

"He can be the best in his own little world all he wants. We just have to go out here and play as a team. I'm very fortunate to play on a great team right now and that's what I'm concentrating on."

Who's the best receiver in football? It's an argument the Eagles have not been part of since Mike Quick's heyday nearly 20 years ago.

There are only a few candidates: Torry Holt, Harrison, Owens, Isaac Bruce and Moss. And in three days, two of them will be on the same field for only the third time.

"When you're confident in your ability and you're confident in yourself, you say different things," Donovan McNabb said. "It's not that [Moss] is downing anybody just because he feels comfortable that he's the No. 1 receiver.

"You should feel you're the best. I feel like I'm the best. You probably feel you're the best reporter. If you don't feel that you're the best, then you really shouldn't be doing your job because no one else cares if you don't care about yourself."

Owens is in his ninth season, Moss in his seventh. Owens has averaged 80 catches, 1,150 yards and 11 touchdowns since becoming a full-time starter in 1997. Moss has averaged 88 catches, 1,396 yards and 13 touchdowns in his career.

Owens' teams have reached the playoffs five out of eight years and averaged 91/2 wins per year. Moss's teams have won 9.3 games per year and gone to the playoffs three times though not since 2000.

"He's had Daunte (Culpepper) throughout his career, so his stats are up there," Owens said. "Had I had a guy like Donovan or Daunte throughout my career, I'm pretty sure my stats would be outstanding as well. And I'm not too far behind in the stat category.

"I know what I bring to the table. The Eagles know what I bring to the table. It's not like I had to audition."


Although Moss has an edge in raw numbers, Owens has an edge with the intangibles.

Owens played the first eight years of his career in San Francisco, a city known for challenging weather conditions much of the fall, and Moss has played all his home games in a dome, where the conditions never change and the surface is a perfect fit for his game.

Owens is also more of a physical across-the-middle receiver, where Moss is happy to just try and out-run corners most of the time. And Owens is a proficient blocker, something Moss isn't known for.

"West Coast Offense receivers have to go across the middle," McNabb said. "I don't know if Randy Moss goes across the middle as much as T.O. They're different types of receivers because they're in different systems. Everybody sees Randy catching a lot of deep balls and routes on the side. Terrell has caught those and more.

"You're talking about two of the best wide receivers in the game. No matter who is No. 1 or whatever rank they are, no one cares once we put on the helmets and shoulder pads."

T.O. VS. RANDY MOSS

TERRELL OWENS

2001
Games: 16
Catches: 93
Yards: 1,412
Avg.: 15.2
TD: 16

2002
Games: 14
Catches: 100
Yards: 1,300
Avg.: 13.0
TD: 13

2003
Games: 15
Catches: 80
Yards: 1,102
Avg.: 13.8
TD: 9

RANDY MOSS

2001
Games: 16
Catches: 82
Yards: 1,233
Avg.: 15.0
TD: 10

2002
Games: 16
Catches: 106
Yards: 1,347
Avg.: 12.7
TD: 7

2003
Games: 16
Catches: 111
Yards: 1.632
Avg.: 14.7
TD: 17

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:25 AM
"That's great, that's all fine and dandy," Owens said. "I've always given Randy his credit and his just due, because he's a great receiver. If he doesn't feel like I'm in comparison to him, that's great.

Owens yesterday.

Guys, the media is blowing up both of their comments. I mean, seriously, Moss' comments are just as bad.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:29 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Wait, I am NOT starting anything here but to whomever said, "LOL well moss catches TDs and he doesnt have the on field issues Like hmmm. the sharpie incident...."

You'd rather have the off field problems with a player? The Sharpie incident is worse than the meter maid incident?

I'm NOT starting anything, its just something that surprised me to read.



Sure. Moss has yet to miss a game for any injuries and more importantly any off field incidents. TO's sharpie incident is a 15 yard penalty that hurts your team. So I say yes I would rather have off filed incidents, rather than on field ones, as long as moss keeps playing games.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Sorry, I disagree. Off field issues hurt the team as well.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:33 AM
I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:36 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.
Actually, TO said that quote. I watched it last night.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Sorry, I disagree. Off field issues hurt the team as well.


If he misses a game because of them, then yes it hurts the team, but that has yet to happen. On field incidents affect the game that is being played. Sharpie incident would be a 15 yard penalty. How about his tirade on the sidelines against us last year, that also affects the team and for more than just that one game.

Again I say that as long as Moss doesn't miss a game and keeps putting up the #'s he does, then it doesn't matter what happens off the field, because he comes to work and does his job every game, and his teammates respect him for that. TO has lost respect from a lot of his teammates and coaches in San Fran, and it could very well happen again in phily. I like that mcnabb has a good WR to throw the ball to, but I still worry that he will become a cancer to the team.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:39 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.
Actually, TO said that quote. I watched it last night.


Well I have the quote from mcnabb on ESPN.com.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Donovan's hold on the team is why Owens will NOT go off like he did in San Fran. Garthia had no control or hold on that locker room so it was easy for Owens. I just read a good comment the other day...where was it? Oh, Sports Illustrated:


Before the Eagles signed off on the trade with the Ravens and the 49ers, Owens had to convince Reid that he wouldn't be the divisive force he was in San Francisco. Reid is more confrontational than Steve Mariucci, the former Niners coach now with the Detroit Lions, or Mariucci's successor, Dennis Erickson. Because he has more command of the locker room than Garcia had, McNabb won't hesitate to tell Owens to shut up if he starts acting like a prima donna. "TO's got a capo and a consigliere, which he needs - and which I'm not sure he had in San Francisco the last few years," says Steve Young, the former 49ers quarterback.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:41 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.
Actually, TO said that quote. I watched it last night.


Well I have the quote from mcnabb on ESPN.com.
Weird...they must have messed up. Because I even mentioned to my boyfriend something about TO saying that and how Freddie (who is a friend of mine) might get upset that TO called him the undercard...lol

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:45 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Donovan's hold on the team is why Owens will NOT go off like he did in San Fran. Garthia had no control or hold on that locker room so it was easy for Owens. I just read a good comment the other day...where was it? Oh, Sports Illustrated:


Before the Eagles signed off on the trade with the Ravens and the 49ers, Owens had to convince Reid that he wouldn't be the divisive force he was in San Francisco. Reid is more confrontational than Steve Mariucci, the former Niners coach now with the Detroit Lions, or Mariucci's successor, Dennis Erickson. Because he has more command of the locker room than Garcia had, McNabb won't hesitate to tell Owens to shut up if he starts acting like a prima donna. "TO's got a capo and a consigliere, which he needs - and which I'm not sure he had in San Francisco the last few years," says Steve Young, the former 49ers quarterback.



I think it is simple with TO, you either win or loose by giving him the ball, and he is happy and doesn't affect the team. But if you don't get him the ball, he will start attacking his players and coaches, and that is not the right way to do things. Sure he had a right to get frustrated in san fran, but when he gets mad, he does stupid stuff and I hope he doesn't do that in phily. I will wait until he has a bad game, or when phily looses, to see how he then reacts.

Remember that TO loved garcia for awhile, then last year he all of a sudden thought he sucked. Well he didn't suck when he went to the pro bowl.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:47 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.
Actually, TO said that quote. I watched it last night.


Well I have the quote from mcnabb on ESPN.com.
Weird...they must have messed up. Because I even mentioned to my boyfriend something about TO saying that and how Freddie (who is a friend of mine) might get upset that TO called him the undercard...lol


Will freddie finally step up to the plate this year and be the WR he was expected to be coming out of UCLA? I hope so, I really liked him coming out of college. TO should help, a lot more then crappy james thrash did!

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:48 AM
He never loved Garcia. He always had a problem with him. I remember reading about it a few years back. Andy Reid and McNabb control that team. There will be no TO outbursts. Count on it.

And I don't mean this nonsense the media draws up...like the wearing workout shorts instead of the tights things he was wearing. That was blown up so bad that Reid and TO were making jokes about it (Reid said he'd wear the tights if TO scored 15 TDs...LOL)

purplehorn
09-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Moss is WAY better than TO period everybody knows that.

Monday night - proofs in the pudding.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:49 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Will freddie finally step up to the plate this year and be the WR he was expected to be coming out of UCLA? I hope so, I really liked him coming out of college. TO should help, a lot more then crappy james thrash did!
Well, see..the problem is...Freddie has turned into a slot receiver. he put on like 15 lbs of muscle to be able to hold up all year. He was awesome all last season and earned the nicknames "First Down Freddie" and "FredEx" because of his innate ability to ALWAYS get the first down. He did step up to the plate last year and became something we didn't expect...one of the best slot receivers in the game. He doesn't have the speed that Pinkston has, so I don't want him on the outside.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

He never loved Garcia. He always had a problem with him. I remember reading about it a few years back. Andy Reid and McNabb control that team. There will be no TO outbursts. Count on it.

And I don't mean this nonsense the media draws up...like the wearing workout shorts instead of the tights things he was wearing. That was blown up so bad that Reid and TO were making jokes about it (Reid said he'd wear the tights if TO scored 15 TDs...LOL)


Well for the eagles sake, I hope you are right. I will however, believe it when I see it. I do think if any coach can get through to TO, it is andy reid. Can he have the same accect on TO, that Tice had on Moss? I hope so.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:51 AM
"purplehorn" wrote:

Moss is WAY better than TO period everybody knows that.

Monday night - proofs in the pudding.
They are completely different WRs. Comparing them is stupid anyway. TO is the best at HIS type of WR position...the more physical, get the YAC, etc. Moss is like a thing of beauty out there with his speed and ability to outjump anyone and everyone. There is no one better at what he does.

its apples and oranges to me. I wish the so-called experts would quit it with the comparison stuff.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Will freddie finally step up to the plate this year and be the WR he was expected to be coming out of UCLA? I hope so, I really liked him coming out of college. TO should help, a lot more then crappy james thrash did!
Well, see..the problem is...Freddie has turned into a slot receiver. he put on like 15 lbs of muscle to be able to hold up all year. He was awesome all last season and earned the nicknames "First Down Freddie" and "FredEx" because of his innate ability to ALWAYS get the first down. He did step up to the plate last year and became something we didn't expect...one of the best slot receivers in the game. He doesn't have the speed that Pinkston has, so I don't want him on the outside.


True freddie did have a decent year last year, but I still expect much more from him. I can't stand "pole" pinkston, do you actually like him? He doesn't have the talent that freddie has, so to have the 2 most talented WR's on the field the eagles will have to use 3 WR's sets? I don't like that.

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
That's not a good sign when you need a coach and a QB to blay daddy to a WR. He should be able to show some class and keep himself in check without worrying if he is getting tough love from his coach.

But maybe T.O. has turned over a new leaf and he is like he was in the begining. He has a fresh start and he can make what he wants of it so I think it is a great deal for him.

I don't know how I feel about players these days. Holding out and switching to winning teams. Not neccissarily T.O. but I'm sure he falls under this tangent somewhere. They play a game for serious money. A game! Some people tar roofs or teach all the little monsters of the world the things essential to life, and these guys play a game, and cry and whine and stomp thier feet. No I want 32 million not 28! No I want the ball passed to me more.

I guess we are the reasons these guys are rich, and we are at fault for buying into what they say. If we all watched teachers and cheered for them, and bought teacher jerseys they would get paid more, but sometimes the hype and the childness gets out of hand.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:54 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That's not a good sign when you need a coach and a QB to blay daddy to a WR. He should be able to show some class and keep himself in check without worrying if he is getting tough love from his coach.

Wait...Tice did EXACTLY that for Randy Moss!

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 09:55 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

True freddie did have a decent year last year, but I still expect much more from him. I can't stand "pole" pinkston, do you actually like him? He doesn't have the talent that freddie has, so to have the 2 most talented WR's on the field the eagles will have to use 3 WR's sets? I don't like that.
Actually, Pinkston CAN be a really good WR. He HAS the talent. Unfortunately, he has been playing the part of #1 WR for the past few years and that was unfair to him as he is NOT a #1. With other players on that field now to open things up, he should be able to shine. Last week he had 2 fantastic catches...I hope that keeps up.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 09:59 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

True freddie did have a decent year last year, but I still expect much more from him. I can't stand "pole" pinkston, do you actually like him? He doesn't have the talent that freddie has, so to have the 2 most talented WR's on the field the eagles will have to use 3 WR's sets? I don't like that.
Actually, Pinkston CAN be a really good WR. He HAS the talent. Unfortunately, he has been playing the part of #1 WR for the past few years and that was unfair to him as he is NOT a #1. With other players on that field now to open things up, he should be able to shine. Last week he had 2 fantastic catches...I hope that keeps up.



I'm not expecting too much from pinkston. I think freddie and LJ smith wil both have their best years this year. This offense is gonna be damn good all year, IF westbrook stays healthy.

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah and the Vikings did the same for Chris Carter when they got him from the Eagles. I wasn't limiting my comment to T.O I was saying that isn't a good sign when a person needs that.

Obviously people grow and change.

But since you bring it up I don't really feel the Moss situation is the same as T.O. since his problems were mainly off the field. T.O.'s problems effected his actual team and manifested themselves through his negative attitude and self centered behavior.

In other words the Vikings took a chance on a guy who had some off field issues.

The Eagles took a chance on someone who had established himself a solid reciever then turned scitzo on his team his coach and the fans of San fran. That type of negativity IMO is more damaging and I would be worried if for some reason he starts getting upset he could disrupt the team chemistry.

T.O reminds me of some one who call himself by his name like. He would say to Reid, " Coach Reid Terrell doesn't feel like you are giving Terrell the ball enough" LOL

But seriously you are correct Moss was a basket case as well and he needed some fatherly guidence.

Purple D
09-17-2004, 10:28 AM
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but here is a quote from Vic Carucci on NFL.com

"As impressive as Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens were on opening day, and as great as they figure to be over time, they have a long way to go before supplanting Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss as the league's current best quarterback-receiver combo. One of the biggest reasons is that Culpepper has developed his game to the highest level it has ever been. He is far better at reading defenses, following progressions and targeting the right time and place to throw to Moss. Besides being gifted with the rare size/speed combination and excellent hands, Moss is such an incredibly smooth athlete that defensive backs often are caught off guard by his ability to streak past them before they are ready to turn and run. No receiver matches his ability to track the deep ball, leap for high throws, time his jumps without giving away the ball's location, or maneuver his body in midair."


Here is another from Gregg Easterbrook


"Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison need 36 connections and 1,164 yards to pass Jim Kelly and Andre Reed as the most productive QB-WR tandem ever, and these seem reachable goals for 2004. (Kelly and Reed connected 663 times for 9,583 yards.) But Harrison tends to disappear in playoff games, so there's a question mark over this tandem. Daunte Culpepper to Randy Moss is the current combination defensive coordinators fear most, but Moss completely vanished in the NFC championship a few years back, so there's a question mark here too. Tom Brady and Deion Branch had the single-most important tandem game last year at the Super Bowl. McNabb to Owens? Too soon to tell. For the moment, I'd say the hottest quarterback and receiver combo is whoever is quarterbacking against the Ravens throwing to whomever Deion Sanders is covering


Here is what Pat Kirwan added


"There are a number of good QB-WR tandems in the NFL right now. Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison cost the most money, and for good reason, so they may be the most popular choice. Terrell Owens finally gives Donovan McNabb a big-time partner to rival the best of them. A year from now Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson will be a hot choice, but for now I like Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss. I don't think there is another pitch-and-catch battery that strikes fear in a defense. Any formation, any place on the field, any down and distance, and Moss could be on the receiving end of a Culpepper bomb. His 77 touchdowns and 16.0 average per catch from a 6-foot-4, 270-pound quarterback is impressive."

And last but not least here is what Shannon Sharpe had to say.



"To me this is a no-brainer. Randy Moss is the best wide receiver in the league and it doesn't matter who is throwing him the ball, so I vote for Culpepper and Moss. I'd put Peyton Manning-Rodney Harrison second and Terrell Owens-Donovan McNabb third. If you look at Moss' numbers, they are just phenomenal. He is also constantly double teamed. If you don't double team him, he'll go off on you for three or four touchdowns. When I look at the Colts, I'm not sure that Harrison would have the same numbers if Manning wasn't in there. And the same with Terrell Owens. When Garcia wasn't in the starting lineup last year, Owens' numbers fell off considerably. But in Minnesota, if you have Gus Frerotte back there at quarterback, Moss is still going to get his numbers. And if you don't double team him, it doesn't matter who you have at quarterback, he will rack up the numbers on you before you know what hit you. That said, Culpepper is a good quarterback, so the combination of the two makes them the best in the league."


I think it may quite a while before these guys feel different about this .

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 10:32 AM
This was on MSN

Big shootout Monday night, Vikings at Eagles. If you had to choose, what quarterback and receiver would you pick?

Johnson: "Randy Moss is better than T.O. and I like Daunte Culpepper. I like Donovan McNabb, too, but Moss swings it for me."

Long: "The reason Jimmy is right is because no wide receiver impacts the game more than Moss. He opens up the running game. He's so fast he causes interferences. His overall explosion is better and he's a better athlete than Owens."

Johnson: "Moss can change a game. T.O. will have some drops and there are some games when he is not the best. I feel Moss is there, ready, on every play."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that any of this matters. But it's always fun to read good things said about your team for a change.

whackthepack
09-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Moss went off on a lot of issues in another interview. Hope he just stays focused on football and lets some of the off field stuff slide by.






Posted on Fri, Sep. 17, 2004





He backs Tice but says plenty of other things need to change

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press


Moss' mouth motors

He backs Tice but says plenty of other things need to change

Leave it to all-pro receiver Randy Moss to amplify the unceasing whispers at Winter Park of the team's inferior accommodations and arrangements.

During an extensive interview Thursday, Moss backed head coach Mike Tice, dismissed the continued talk of his new maturity and emphatically criticized his work environment.

"There's a lot of (expletive) around here that needs to be changed," Moss said. "You name it — from people, to the administration, all the way to the (expletive) Metrodome.

"If I was the owner or general manager, I would do it. But I'm not, so to hell with it."

Moss raised the subject when asked if an ownership change would affect him because he's under contract through the 2008 NFL season. But he said he would care only if the team were getting a new practice facility, new jerseys and a new stadium.

"But since we ain't got that, hell, no it don't matter," Moss said. "I don't give a (expletive) who owns us."

Other than the Vikings' logo, Moss said he'd change "everything" because there's too much about the franchise that he considers mundane, from the practice facility, to the food, to the parking at the Metrodome to the team's training camp in Mankato, Minn.

Moss said he's unfazed by these issues becuse, he's entering his seventh Vikings season, but he insisted that he spoke for others in the organization, namely players.

"It's a whole lot of stuff out there that a lot of people complain about," he said. "But at the same time, when them lights come on at 12 o'clock (at the Metrodome), you're not even thinking about complaining. You're thinking about playing football.

"But after that game, you come here (to Winter Park) on Monday, and we still got to come look at this piece-of-(expletive) facility, this piece-of-(expletive) floor."

Vikings owner Red McCombs politely declined to address Moss' specific complaints, although he did say the organization is built around the players. Over the past year, McCombs has approved improvements to the turf in the indoor practice field, the carpeting at Winter Park and in the players' lounge. The Metrodome also has new artificial turf.

"We do a pretty good job with the tools we have to work with," McCombs said. "Everything we do is geared toward the football team. That doesn't mean we meet all the wishes of every member, but that's our philosophy."

Moss said money doesn't fix all the problems, and he offered Tice as an example.

"He shows us the most love (since) I've been here, as far as getting us here to work, stop beating around the bush and getting us out of here," Moss said. "If you want us to perform on Sunday, then give us some love throughout the week."

For instance, Moss said he and several teammates have food delivered to them because they don't like the fare available at Winter Park. But he added that it's unrealistic to expect treatment like the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, who are pampered by eccentric owner Mark Cuban.

One aspect of the Vikings he wouldn't criticize is the coach.

"Coach Tice is well-respected around here," he said. "I mean, guys love him, and the reason guys love him is because he's straightforward and he doesn't beat around the bush, and he doesn't sugarcoat anything. When you have guys' attention … that can only take you to the top."

Asked if he wanted Tice to remain his coach for the foreseeable future, Moss said: "This is a business, man. I said the same about Denny (Green), and you see what happened. This is a business. If coach Tice is here, I'm cool with that. If he's not here, I got to work with it."

Throughout Green's tenure, Moss cast his support for the coach who absorbed criticism for selecting Moss with the 21st pick of the 1998 draft. But Moss' approval didn't prevent Green's ouster at the end of the 2001 NFL season.

Moss said the constant talks of him maturing have been overblown.

"That's what ticks me off, because my mindset and approach has been the same," Moss said. "Everybody talks about the maturity of Moss, the maturity of Daunte (Culpepper). It's not the maturity of Daunte, it's not the maturity of me. It's you're putting the guys around us that are mature.

"So when it's gut-check time — to make the big play or make the big block — you're not just counting on me and Daunte." "You have other guys that have been in that position."

Moss said he is, more mindful of mentoring younger players. He was leery of doing that in his first few seasons because he didn't want to "bombard" players with information and tips.

"If there's anyway that I have matured, that's one way I have matured, because I felt that they can take a lot of stuff in," he said. "As long as I see and feel they can handle that, then I'll keep doing it."

As for the team's expectations this season, forgive Moss — who has played in two NFC championship games — for being somewhat guarded.

"I guess when you've been in the game for a period of time, you can see things developing right before your eyes," he said. "I can see this team developing into a good team. But if we keep having good teams each year, how many years are we going to keep calling last year's team a good team?"

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 10:41 AM
I honestly don't care what the "experts" say, like I already said. Posting all of that was a waste of time. Each player fits to THEIR team's needs. TO was NEEDED by the Eagles. Moss is NEEDED by the Vikes.

Again, comparing the 2 is preposterous.

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Again the difference in to two being Moss discredited the enviroment not his coach, not his teamates who stap on to go to war with him.

And we all agree that what the experts say mean squat, but posting what they say is a refreshing read from trying to read through all of our crap that we all write.

Because once football starts we are all "experts" we all know the answers and it turns into an argument. It all boils down to who wins.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 12:42 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

I honestly don't care what the "experts" say, like I already said. Posting all of that was a waste of time. Each player fits to THEIR team's needs. TO was NEEDED by the Eagles. Moss is NEEDED by the Vikes.

Again, comparing the 2 is preposterous.



All those posts do, is make us feel more like we aren't having a bias opinion, when we say mos is better than TO and daunte is better than mcnabb. It shows a lot of "so-called experts think the same way, so maybe we are right. I know it is far from making us right for saying that, but it helps for those who want to call it just a bias opinion of ours.

So far I think I am the only fan of both teams on this site, and I will agree that Daunte is a little better than mcnabb, and Moss is better than TO as well. That doesn't mean that TO and mcnabb aren't great or can't outplay moss and daunte on monday night. It also says nothing to who wins the game either, since it is a team game. Whoever runs the ball and stops the run, will win the game, period end of sentence. It won't be whoever throws for 300 or 400 yards and whichever WR gets 100 yards and 3 TD's.

muchluv4smoot
09-17-2004, 12:49 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

I honestly don't care what the "experts" say, like I already said. Posting all of that was a waste of time. Each player fits to THEIR team's needs. TO was NEEDED by the Eagles. Moss is NEEDED by the Vikes.

Again, comparing the 2 is preposterous.



Also, usually the people who say that "each WR fits their teams needs" or "that it is pointless to compare the two", are the ones who realize that their WR isn't as good as the other teams, but won't admit it.

We are comparing them as to who is the overall best WR in the game, and that isn't proposterious just because they are different.

People compare Mcnabb, daunte, mcnair, and manning as the best QB's in the game, yet mcnabb, mcnair and daunte run the ball and manning is a pocket passer. I never hear that it is pointless to compare them as to who the best QB is, because they are different types and styles of QB's.

The same can be said for the arguement of best RB. Jamal Lewis fits in that talk as does priest holmes and LT. Well LT and priest are receiving backs as well and aren't the straight ahead power RB that jamal is, yet no one says it is proposterious to compare them.

VKG4LFE
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Who cares, just let them play the damn game! I hope Moss has the same stats as last game and we'll be ok! Bring it philly!

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 01:31 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Also, usually the people who say that "each WR fits their teams needs" or "that it is pointless to compare the two", are the ones who realize that their WR isn't as good as the other teams, but won't admit it.

Way to put words into my mouth. I've given major, major credit to Moss. He's a completely different WR than owens. If you don't know THAT, then you are the one who needs to brush up on their football knowhows.

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
It's amazing how Eagles fans are now all over TO's jock, when most of them before thought he was overrated trash.

Here's my bottom line: When I see teams create their defensive stratagem entirely based on the intent to stop TO - ONE MAN - like is done to Randy Moss, a comparison will exist - until then, such a comparison does not exist.

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Moss is better period. But that means squat because it isn't one on one it is a team game.

This games importance is reaching a very exagerated level of importance. It is game two. We lose so what as long as it makes us better. They lose so what they are a great team that has made the NFC championship 3 times in the past few years.

The pressure is getting blown way out of wack even the message board seems to be locked in some huge way like everything is boiling donw to that game.

Game is 3 days away................then we can enjoy the show.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

It's amazing how Eagles fans are now all over TO's jock, when most of them before thought he was overrated trash.

Here's my bottom line: When I see teams create their defensive stratagem entirely based on the intent to stop TO - ONE MAN - like is done to Randy Moss, a comparison will exist - until then, such a comparison does not exist.
Hmm, that's funny. Just about every single Eagles fan I know loved TO before he was here. You know when that started? The day he disrespected the Dallas star. That day, every true Philly fan fell in love with Terrell Owens.

And defenses have always gameplanned to stop McNabb...that doesn't make him the best QB.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Moss is better period. But that means squat because it isn't one on one it is a team game.

This games importance is reaching a very exagerated level of importance. It is game two. We lose so what as long as it makes us better. They lose so what they are a great team that has made the NFC championship 3 times in the past few years.

The pressure is getting blown way out of wack even the message board seems to be locked in some huge way like everything is boiling donw to that game.

Game is 3 days away................then we can enjoy the show.
Great post, del rio. :thumbright:

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 02:11 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

It's amazing how Eagles fans are now all over TO's jock, when most of them before thought he was overrated trash.

Here's my bottom line: When I see teams create their defensive stratagem entirely based on the intent to stop TO - ONE MAN - like is done to Randy Moss, a comparison will exist - until then, such a comparison does not exist.
Hmm, that's funny. Just about every single Eagles fan I know loved TO before he was here. You know when that started? The day he disrespected the Dallas star. That day, every true Philly fan fell in love with Terrell Owens.

And defenses have always gameplanned to stop McNabb...that doesn't make him the best QB.

I'm trying to fathom the density required to believe there's a relevant link between the facts I posted and the analogy you just used, and the only explanation my brain can seem to garner is that you're a girl, but I could be wrong.

The quarterback is the leader of a defense, and if you stop him nothing can work. Period. Wide receivers, on the other hand, are merely tools for the quarterback to play with.

Thus the analogy has no place used in conjunction with said argument, because the point of said argument is that one toy should not demand a complete lack of focus on the toymaker to the point of allowing him, say (NOTE: This is an example, so before you focus your entire reply on this section note that it's just an example) score five touchdowns. Defenses focused on McNabb because he was basically your running back. They still focus on him because they realize that TO can be locked down by decent cornerbacks.

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Hmm, Trent Dilfer....Brad Johnson...no teams spied on them...no teams set out to GAMEPLAN around them. They won Super Bowls though.

Your point holds no water. Are you saying that teams don't double or triple Owens? Because if so, you are way, WAY off base.

My point is that there is no comparison. Each brings a different aspect of their position to the game. While Moss doesn't have the physical strength of Owens, Owens doesn't have nearly the same finesse/speed as Moss. Owens will go down the middle of the field more than Moss, but Moss will outrun Owens down the sideline any day of the week.

if you can't grasp this, I can't help you.

And the chauvinism...lose it. using it to try to base your side of this so-called debate on is completely and utterly ridiculous.

vikings minnesoulija
09-17-2004, 02:16 PM
How bout this the Vikings are better then the eagels why? Mostly cuz i say so and Im a vikings fan.


Moss is better then T.O. why? again cuz Im a viking fan. And stats dont lie

DC is better then McNabb why? Because he really is better.

And Monday Night will prove me right.

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Hmm, Trent Dilfer....Brad Johnson...no teams spied on them...no teams set out to GAMEPLAN around them. They won Super Bowls though.

Your point holds no water. Are you saying that teams don't double or triple Owens? Because if so, you are way, WAY off base.

My point is that there is no comparison. Each brings a different aspect of their position to the game. While Moss doesn't have the physical strength of Owens, Owens doesn't have nearly the same finesse/speed as Moss. Owens will go down the middle of the field more than Moss, but Moss will outrun Owens down the sideline any day of the week.

if you can't grasp this, I can't help you.

And the chauvinism...lose it. using it to try to base your side of this so-called debate on is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Chauvinism has nothing to do with it, it's a mere extrapolation based on the fact that most girls/women know very little about football.

For example, the fact that you believe Terrell Owens sees coverages that are even close to the exponential amount of triple teams that Randy Moss sees proves my point - that you know very little about football. It's amazing that people harp on Owens' strength, but all Owens has are big muscles. He doesn't stiff arm any better than Randy, blocks a bit better, and may break a few more tackles, but his production is simply not comparable. Furthermore, while Randy's maturity seems to proliferate, Owens continues to make troglodytic comments that will eventually bring down your team.

But keep arguing. Really. Repetition will make you more right. Just remember, nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream :thumbleft:

Del Rio
09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Let me take this one Phillygirl I bet you're tired..............................

OK..................when did I ever say Owens see's the same coverages as Moss? Stop putting words in my mouth. If you would READ my posts then you would see that I did not say those things! :x

I have contirbuted to inteligent conversation here and if you would READ my posts you would see. Other people can see but apparently you can't. So intead of taking you're subject head on I will continue to use my defense, and put it back on you.

How did I do?

RandyMoss8404
09-17-2004, 03:18 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:


Are you saying that teams don't double or triple Owens? Because if so, you are way, WAY off base.


Reading...comprehension

vikesgirl
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:

How bout this the Vikings are better then the eagels why? Mostly cuz i say so and Im a vikings fan.


Moss is better then T.O. why? again cuz Im a viking fan. And stats dont lie

DC is better then McNabb why? Because he really is better.

And Monday Night will prove me right.


I think this says it all. We can argue about it all day long. When it comes down to it. We believe in Randy BECAUSE we are Viking fans, and we are on a Vikings board, not S.F. or Dallas, or Pack or Eagles board.

Why try to change the obvious? I admit that I am pretty one sided where my VIKES are concerned. I think most football fans are. I am proud of that fact and I really don't care what the other team does or has as long as my team wins!

I know everyone will say this isn't a very intelligent post, but it is the truth I am jaded and narrow minded when it comes to my team, most of us are, so why not agree to disagree?

Toss2Moss84
09-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Moss is in a league of his own. The league has never seen a receiver do the things on the field that Moss is constantly doing being doubled and tripled at a constant.

BTW Moss is more than just a deep threat. I mean c'mon people check this video out. This is just laughable...


http://www.bballx.com/mosszone/12_8_01eighth_td.wmv

DoubleDown11
09-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Being that this is a Vikings Board with one dissenting opinion, I will add my 2 cents!

Moss can throw the football (ie 37 yd pass last week, wasn't pretty, but it was complete!)

And to my child-like argument: Moss started the flexing of his muscles after TD's and TO is just a wannabe copycat! nanananabooboo! :tongue:

LosAngelis
09-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Personally? I don't like either of 'em.

But I will acknowledge they are cut from different cloth.

Moss has had his problems, mostly off the field. He has been, at times, problematic (Randy Ratio), but lately, has just been kind of a moody guy who comes in and does his job at a high level.

Owens is another out of the loud, brash, idiotic Chad/Keyshawn/Joe group that just are out to draw attention to themselves. The fact the Owens has been as outspoken as he has on issue like Garcia, the 49ers, the Ravens, Ray Lewis, just proves his ignorance.

However, Moss's comments bug me, too. Why do you need to make comments like this, especially against a guy who is your peer among the top 5 receivers in the league, and you KNOW is going to bark back?

It seems a little out of character for a guy whom you've all been voraciously defending for the past year (since I've been on PP). Just when you've got me believing he's a team guy who's out to help his team win, he goes off and does some self-promoting bulletin board material.

It's kind of bush league, and in his saying it, it kind of starts him moving towards the Keyshawns of the league. It's too bad, because, as I said, even I was starting to believe he was a guy who wasn't going to make himself bigger than the team or the game.

I passed on picking up Moss in my fantasy auction, as $32 was WAY too much to pay for a WR, but I picked up Owens for $21. Total side note. Sorry.

Just my two cents. Flame if you must, but I'm just looking at this objectively. Moss was coming off much more professional when he shut up and did his job, not trying to provoke others. For a non-Minnesota fan base that tends to not like the cocky WR's, you've been trying to convince us that Moss isn't "one of those guys".

For the Vikes sake, I hope he keeps his trap shut, because I don't trust Tice to have the leadership to be able to handle Moss if he keeps yapping.

vikings minnesoulija
09-17-2004, 05:35 PM
The Randy ratio was not Randy's plan it was tice is plan so how is that his fault?

LosAngelis
09-17-2004, 06:22 PM
"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:

The Randy ratio was not Randy's plan it was tice is plan so how is that his fault?

Ergo, my point that Tice doesn't know how to handle a player like Moss well.

And regardless, I didn't say that it was his fault, I just said he's been problematic, which even the staunchest Moss backer would have to begrudgingly admit he was at one point in his career, though he hasn't been the past couple of years.

vikings minnesoulija
09-17-2004, 06:27 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:
[quote]

Ergo, my point that Tice doesn't know how to handle a player like Moss well.

And regardless, I didn't say that it was his fault, I just said he's been problematic, which even the staunchest Moss backer would have to begrudgingly admit he was at one point in his career, though he hasn't been the past couple of years.


It was a failed game plan and tice admitted it. It was his frist year as head coach I think he has made strides to become a better coach and is improving. I think Moss is a great team mate, I think all the vikings players coaches all like him I just don't see him as a problem like you and the media make him out to be.

bigdogbovy
09-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Randy wasn't dogging on TO, he said that TO doesn;t see the type of coverages that he gets. and he doesn't. TO will not make a defense coodinator changfe his defensive schemes. Randy will. and as far as TO being top 5, maybe if he keeps up this season as he has been, but last year he blew

LosAngelis
09-18-2004, 08:04 AM
But, my point is, bigdog, why say it? If Favre started coming out and saying he was the best QB in the league and that other good QB's, like Gannon or Brady or Culpepper, don't see the same blitz packages he does, whether it was true or not, it would be needless inciting, and I would be hard on Favre for even saying it.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Blah conversations like this bug me... Everyone here is stubborn as hell in their opinions... at the rate this is going we're going to have 15 pages of whether TO or Moss is better. Personally I think TO is an arrogant prick, but thats just me. No one is going to sway me in that opinion... do I think Moss is the poster boy player? Heck no, he has his problems, but when it comes right down to it... he gets the job done better then any other WR out there... even with the coverages that he sees. We've shut down TO before, and when we do it again who is he going to blame?

LosAngelis
09-18-2004, 12:02 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Blah conversations like this bug me... Everyone here is stubborn as hell in their opinions... at the rate this is going we're going to have 15 pages of whether TO or Moss is better. Personally I think TO is an arrogant prick, but thats just me. No one is going to sway me in that opinion... do I think Moss is the poster boy player? Heck no, he has his problems, but when it comes right down to it... he gets the job done better then any other WR out there... even with the coverages that he sees. We've shut down TO before, and when we do it again who is he going to blame?

Ah, TNT...I'm really not trying to rile anyone up here...:-)

It's just interesting that he's chosing to start speaking out, touting himself a bit. Does he deserve to? Sure. He's probably the most game-changing WR in the league. Should he? Ummmmm.....

muchluv4smoot
09-18-2004, 08:38 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Also, usually the people who say that "each WR fits their teams needs" or "that it is pointless to compare the two", are the ones who realize that their WR isn't as good as the other teams, but won't admit it.

Way to put words into my mouth. I've given major, major credit to Moss. He's a completely different WR than owens. If you don't know THAT, then you are the one who needs to brush up on their football knowhows.



The 2nd word in my paragraph was what? USUALLY. Meaning not always. That is up to you to decide if you fall under the usual or not, because how the hell do i know.

Also read my other paragraph. Just because players are different, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on who is better overall. Sure moss and owens are different types of WR's, so then what? We can only compare moss to receivers like him, and TO to receivers like him?? Well, there is no receiver like Moss and there is no receiver like TO.

Fact is, everyone has an opinion on who the OVERALL best WR is. Maybe I missed it, but have you given yours? It doesn't have to be the same opinion as ours but hey, at least have one, instead of saying they are different and you can't compare them because of that. I bet you have an opinion on who the best RB and QB is, and there are many different types of RB's and QB's.

Now you might reply, who cares who is the best WR. I agree, that it doesn't matter, to who wins the game, but that isn't what we are talking about. Plain and simple, we are talking about one guy vs the other, and their teammates don't have anything to do with it. Fact is regardless of how different the 2 guys are, Moss is the best WR in the game period, not TO.

Again, I agree who cares who the best is. What ismore important is who wins the game. But don't giveme any crap about not being able to compare them and have a opinion on who the best is, just because they are different.

muchluv4smoot
09-18-2004, 08:45 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

It's amazing how Eagles fans are now all over TO's jock, when most of them before thought he was overrated trash.

Here's my bottom line: When I see teams create their defensive stratagem entirely based on the intent to stop TO - ONE MAN - like is done to Randy Moss, a comparison will exist - until then, such a comparison does not exist.
Hmm, that's funny. Just about every single Eagles fan I know loved TO before he was here. You know when that started? The day he disrespected the Dallas star. That day, every true Philly fan fell in love with Terrell Owens.

And defenses have always gameplanned to stop McNabb...that doesn't make him the best QB.


WOW, that is a real respectable reason to like a guy like TO, for disrespecting the dallas star in his opponents stadium. The team that had a ton of rings compared to TO's ZERO. Classy.

Defenses do gameplan to stop mcnabb, but they use the same gameplan to stop daunte, vick and any other QB that runs like mcnabb does. The difference is, D coordinators use a gameplan against moss, but no other WR in the league gets that gameplan. NO WR in the league gets triple teamed. Sure TO gets doubled, as does holt, chad johnson and other good WR's. But what percentage of plays does each WR get doubled and tripled? Moss would be miles ahead of any WR in the league in %, and that makes me think that D coordinators must think he is easily the best WR in the game PERIOD.

muchluv4smoot
09-18-2004, 08:57 PM
And to show that it isn't all about my favorite team or players.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the league, followed by Mcnair and manning closely. There see how easy it is. Doesn't matter if manning and brady are different than mcnair, one guy is better. It can be debated who is beter, because of there differences, but everyone has an opinion on which one is the best.

sdvikefan
09-18-2004, 09:11 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

WOW, that is a real respectable reason to like a guy like TO, for disrespecting the dallas star in his opponents stadium. The team that had a ton of rings compared to TO's ZERO. Classy.

lol...I guess if there's one thing Eagle fans would rather see than their team win a Super Bowl, it's to see a player disrespect the Dallas star!

Toss2Moss84
09-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Here's a good article stating the same things that are being argued in this thread...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/9694691.htm

cajunvike
09-20-2004, 12:14 AM
'Nuff said, Toss! TO will never be in the same class as The Freak.