PDA

View Full Version : Pinkston, the other side of the coin.......



NordicNed
09-03-2006, 06:50 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D




Nice TD by Pinkston, and even nicer against the Pack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCqqRJ3Q__g&NR





Blew by the coverage on this one...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bKAtA-B4s0&NR




Nice jump ball and catch...




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ZgmIH3MR8&mode=related&search=





Another fine jump ball, nice adjustment to the throw also....





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeJHgmQexY&mode=related&search=

Ltrey33
09-03-2006, 08:43 AM
I think Pinkston will make some plays this year for us if he's given the opportunity. I just hope he stays healthy!

Big C
09-03-2006, 09:45 AM
As long as we don't send him on routes down the middle, he should be fine. Wouldn't suprsie me if Carter beats him for the 4th WR. I watched a few Philly games and was always glad that this guy wasn't a Viking. I sure hope he is better than McMullen and proves me wrong.

UTVikfan
09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Go go Minnadelpia Vigales. At least KRob could catch a pass.

Prophet
09-04-2006, 06:14 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:




;D ;D ;D ;D




Nice TD by Pinkston, and even nicer against the Pack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCqqRJ3Q__g&NR





Blew by the coverage on this one...




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bKAtA-B4s0&NR




Nice jump ball and catch...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ZgmIH3MR8&mode=related&search=





Another fine jump ball, nice adjustment to the throw also....





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeJHgmQexY&mode=related&search=


Thanks for the links Ned.
Fun to watch.

kramer9guy
09-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Some nice clips of Pinkston. Thanks Ned.

muchluv4smoot
09-04-2006, 06:34 PM
The difference in Pinkston here, compared to him in Phily, is that we will be able to use him only in the situations that he excels in. He was a starter in Phily, meaning he was basically asked to do everything, including going over the middle. Here he will be our 4th or 5th WR and can be used basically as a specialist. Let him work the deep parts of the field in 4 WR sets for us and use guys like Taylor, Robinson, and Wiggins to go over the middle.

I am not a Pinkston fan, but as long as we use him correctly, I think he could be a good pickup for us, provided he is healthy. If he fails, then we go to Jason Carter sooner then we want to. I think we want to develope Carter this year and let him step in and be a factor at WR for us next season. If Pinkston fails however, we have a good young guy to fall back on.

jessejames09
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Sort of unrelated but i found a nice Cedric Griffin Int.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4dIokx90R8

I was hoping he would be our nickle back all along.

cajunvike
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:


The difference in Pinkston here, compared to him in Phily, is that we will be able to use him only in the situations that he excels in. He was a starter in Phily, meaning he was basically asked to do everything, including going over the middle. Here he will be our 4th or 5th WR and can be used basically as a specialist. Let him work the deep parts of the field in 4 WR sets for us and use guys like Taylor, Robinson, and Wiggins to go over the middle.

I am not a Pinkston fan, but as long as we use him correctly, I think he could be a good pickup for us, provided he is healthy. If he fails, then we go to Jason Carter sooner then we want to. I think we want to develope Carter this year and let him step in and be a factor at WR for us next season. If Pinkston fails however, we have a good young guy to fall back on.


We sign Carter back???
I thought he was cut!!!

PinkTacoSton had better get used to running those go routes to clear the middle of the field for our other guys!
:D

Prophet
09-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Todd Pinkston meets the media Monday (http://www.kare11.com/sports/pro_football/vikings/vikings_article.aspx?storyid=133810)

video (http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=33068&bw=)

Todd Pinkston who spent the last six years with the Philadelphia Eagles joins the Vikings this season and is looking forward to joining the receiving group.

Q: How does it feel to be a Minnesota Viking?
A: It feels good. It's a new change for me. I've just got to get used to the guys this year. It's just another opportunity for me to get on the field again.

Q: The biggest question is your Achilles.
A: I'm coming along fine. Just taking it slow, day-by-day. It's just getting a little treatment on there and it should be good by game time.

Q: Are you fully recovered?
A: I'm coming around, and like I said I'm just getting better by the day. Keep treating it, keep working it. I don't want to just say I have a bad injury and it's going to keep me from doing what I have to do. I just go out there and do what I have to do to get the job done.

Q: Will you be able to play on Monday night?
A: I'll be good to go Monday night.

Q: How difficult was it to go through that injury?
A: It was difficult, the first major injury of my career. Sitting out for the 2005 season was kind of a learning experience for me. It kind of hurt a little bit, but it's behind me and I just got a fresh start right now.

Q: How similar is this offense?
A: It's no different. The wording is different. But it's the same routes and the same terminology. I just got to get used to the guy that's calling the plays and get used to the guy that's throwing the ball.

Q: Were you looking at other teams or was it an easy decision?
A: There were other teams out there. I just know the head coach, Brad Childress. It's the same offense I'm familiar with and I get a chance to get back out on the field and play.

Q: What's it like playing at FedEx Field?
A: I know a lot about the Redskins, playing them twice a year, and just getting familiar with playing with different teams.

Q: What was your relationship like with Brad Childress?
A: Our relationship was pretty big, because I'm going into my sixth season with him. Now I get a chance to go play for him when he's a head coach. My relationship with Coach Childress is no different.

Q: Were you surprised?
A: I was kind of surprised, but that's the nature of the business. It's over my shoulder now and I'm trying to get a fresh start and I'm a Minnesota Viking now.

Q: How did the trade occur?
A: I don't really want to get into what happened back in Philadelphia. I got released and now I'm here as a Minnesota Viking. I don't want to look over my shoulder. I had some good years with Philadelphia and like I said, I'm just trying to get a fresh start.

Q: Does that type of injury ever get back to 100 percent?
A: Sometimes you have to manage it and just keep working. It might be a nagging injury, but you can't let it get you down. Go out there and get the job done. Your teammates and coaches expect you to go out there and give it 100 percent.

Q: Does the injury affect your speed?
A: I don't think it really affected anything. Just having the confidence to go out there and do what you have to do. I don't think I'm more of a deep threat, I just think I'm a good contributor to the receiving corps with Marcus Robinson, Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor, and etc. Just getting an opportunity to get back on the field and whatever it takes for me to get a win, whatever my role is, I'm willing to do it.

Q: Were both of your Achilles bothering you this season?
A: It was more overcompensating on the other one. It wasn't a major issue.

Q: What do you think of the current Vikings wide receivers?
A: I think if you look back, they're underrated. You have a lot of big-play guys as far as veteran wide receiver Marcus Robinson and up-and-coming star Troy Williamson, a good veteran guy like Travis Taylor. You have to think positive because people don't respect them like they should. I think this is a great opportunity for this receiving corps to get in the spotlight.

Q: What are your thoughts on QB Brad Johnson?
A: I know he led a team to a Super Bowl. That's all you need to know about him.

NordicNed
09-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Video,






Pinkston meets with the MN Media....Nice interview..








http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=33068&bw=

Prophet
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:


Video,






Pinkston meets with the MN Media....Nice interview..








http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=33068&bw=


Ned, I beat you by 22 secondshttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/438.gif
;D.

BloodyHorns82
09-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I have to admit I was a little upset when we first signed Pinkston...especially since Carter had to join the practice squad.
I was hoping Carter could have seen a little action this year.
(Maybe like Williamson last year)
Oh well, this acquisition is starting to grow on me a little.
I think he'll make some plays this year.
If nothing else he adds some nice depth.
Thanks for posting the videos, nice to see some upside to his game.
The video of him pussing out against that pass to avoid the hit keeps playing over and over in my head so its nice to see some new vids.
Thanks.

Prophet
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

... The video of him pussing out against that pass to avoid the hit keeps playing over and over in my head so its nice to see some new vids.
Thanks.


No doubt, that video is tough to get rid of.
I hope I never see him do that as a Viking.
If we do, the PP.O mafia will be on the case.

BloodyHorns82
09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

... The video of him pussing out against that pass to avoid the hit keeps playing over and over in my head so its nice to see some new vids.
Thanks.


No doubt, that video is tough to get rid of.
I hope I never see him do that as a Viking.
If we do, the PP.O mafia will be on the case.


If he does that AGAIN, he deserves to be boo'ed right out of the stadium.
Go cry to your momma, this is the NFL.

oakmage
09-05-2006, 12:07 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


I think Pinkston will make some plays this year for us if he's given the opportunity. I just hope he stays healthy!

I hope you are right but that little voice in the back of my head tells me that it won't happen that way

Freakout
09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

... The video of him pussing out against that pass to avoid the hit keeps playing over and over in my head so its nice to see some new vids.
Thanks.


No doubt, that video is tough to get rid of.
I hope I never see him do that as a Viking.
If we do, the PP.O mafia will be on the case.


If he does that AGAIN, he deserves to be boo'ed right out of the stadium.
Go cry to your momma, this is the NFL.


Randy Moss done the same thing plenty of times by easing up on routes when he saw a saftey lining him up.

PAvikesfan
09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
i'd just like to say welcome to the vikes...
old alligator arms.
he will be good in the endzone, but we already have marcus.
whatever, he is a good addition IMO.

marcosMN
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Randy Moss done the same thing plenty of times by easing up on routes when he saw a saftey lining him up.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Pinkston has never shattered any records. Moss did. I'll let the Freak take it easy once in a while. His positives far outweigh a couple ducks...

Can't say the same thing about Pinky...

BloodyHorns82
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
"Freakout" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

... The video of him pussing out against that pass to avoid the hit keeps playing over and over in my head so its nice to see some new vids.
Thanks.


No doubt, that video is tough to get rid of.
I hope I never see him do that as a Viking.
If we do, the PP.O mafia will be on the case.



If he does that AGAIN, he deserves to be boo'ed right out of the stadium.
Go cry to your momma, this is the NFL.


Randy Moss done the same thing plenty of times by easing up on routes when he saw a saftey lining him up.


Nobody wanted to see Moss get hurt, as he was way too big of a playmaker.
The same cannot be said of Pinkston.
Plus I never saw Moss look even half the p*ssy as Pinkston did in that video.
He might as well have dropped his drawers, grabbed his ankles and start talking with a lisp.


With that said, I don't think that's the type of player we should expect out of him.
If he is, he can keep his big vag!na parked on the bench.

Del Rio
09-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Polish that turd Ned, make it shine.

Polish Polish Polish............

Prophet
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm all for giving Pussyton #84, the Moss crotch sniffers wouldn't know what to do.

marcosMN
09-05-2006, 02:02 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


I'm all for giving Pussyton #84, the Moss crotch sniffers wouldn't know what to do.



Lol.... That would be pretty great.

Del Rio
09-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Pinkston is a one sided coin
;D

oakmage
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
As long the nubmer they give his is neither 80 or 88 I do not care what number they give him.

Purple Floyd
09-05-2006, 06:43 PM
He should be given the number 911

Vike_Fanatic
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I love T.P. Hes got the speed that a west coast offense needs!!!

NodakAttack
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Pretty hard to feel good about this overall... no upside... his best talent is a straight go route... which I can't imagine us using that often...
if we put him in, the opposing D obviously will know what he is there for...
can't like it overall, even if we try and use him to his talents... plus, who knows how fast he can even run with with inj issues?

vikingbill50
09-05-2006, 11:51 PM
i also think pinkston will make some good plays for us, jsut another weapon we have for the other teams to worry about, besides if he doesnt fo the job like he is suppose to, i dont think childress will play him much at all then or even keep him...we will find out soon guys

NordicNed
09-06-2006, 07:27 AM
"Del" wrote:


Polish that turd Ned, make it shine.

Polish Polish Polish............




I'm trying my best Del.... ;D

CCthebest
09-06-2006, 10:43 AM
The only thing I like about stink is (if he is healthy) line him on one side, TWill on other, the safties back up, and throw short passes to wiggy and taylor.

vikingbill50
09-06-2006, 12:23 PM
i guess that is why i like the idea of him as both him and twill can spread the field out and we have so many other players can catch the ball, going to be very hard for a defense to cover not to mention it will also open up holes for a good running game