PDA

View Full Version : Chill Out!



Ltrey33
09-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?

NordicNed
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I've backed Childress since the day we hired him as our coach.....



Look what kind of programs he's worked with over the past 10 years......We only wish that our past 5 years where like the Eagles......



I have alot of faith in Brad,
both Brad's as a matter of fact....

Vikes_King
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM
im with ya, i've always liked most of childress' decisions, but more importantly i like how he runs things.

im behind him 99%! (that 1% is because i have a personal dislike for McMullen and want him cut =D)

ejmat
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm with you here LTrey.
I'm not happy about the McMahons and the Pinky boys but the only thing I can go by is what he did in Philly.
Sure he's bringing over old Eagles.
Those old Eagles went to 4 straight NFC Championship games.
Artis Hicks seemed to have been a good choice.
I think someone stated before Pinky will get us 600 yaqrds or so.
That's all this offense really needs.
The ball will be spread around enough to where a #1 WR will not be as important.
Sure I'd rather have people like Branch but I don't make the decisions and I have to support the decisions Brad makes for now.
If they blow up in his face than we deal with that when the time comes.
Until then Childress is a successful coach in this league until he proves otherwise.

CCthebest
09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.

jargomcfargo
09-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Me too. And I can see the McMann thing. The guy has all the physical tools and looks great in practice. But when the bright lights come on he can't relax and compose himself.He hops around in the pocket like a kangaroo on fire.Childress gave him another chance.It didn't work out.
I think Childress is doing a fine job.
There seems to be a little more Bud Grant in Childress than any other coach we've had since.

UndisputedVike
09-02-2006, 01:51 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm with you, I been preaching this for a while now. He knows what he's doing, example, Tarvaris Jackson.

digital420
09-02-2006, 01:55 PM
i think one of the reasons B.chill is getting a lot of extra flack is cause he's new..

we don't know his style, what he's looking for, and we are learning as time moves on.

so alot of people creitize him.. good!! i hope he reads it and just affirms his belief in his plan. so far we've turned 180's on his drafting, and coming next monday we'll know what kinda game face he's really gonna show us. i really am excited to see a new face to the vikes. i miss the old one of flashy wr's and cannon arm'd qb's. but i like our D now.. and i believe in B.chill's ablility to utilize B.j's skills (now that sounds !#%% up)

DiGiTaL

whackthepack
09-02-2006, 02:06 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.



Ltrey I am with you!

But apparently CC didn't understand this was a pro Childress thread, and he continues his ridiculous hate for Childress because he coached for the Eagles and CC hates the Eagles. ::)

ejmat
09-02-2006, 02:25 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.



Ltrey I am with you!

But apparently CC didn't understand this was a pro Childress thread, and he continues his ridiculous hate for Childress because he coached for the Eagles and CC hates the Eagles. ::)





I'm wondering what Eagle "rejects" he's talking about.
Let's see:

Artis Hicks:
No reject there
Michael McMahon:
Didn't work out but yes he does have the physical tools.
He gave him a chance.
So what?
It's preseason.
Billy McMullen:
Honestly hasn't looked bad.
We traded a prospect for a prospect.
Big deal!
Pinkston:
No, I wasn't happy about us getting him.
The fact is he knows the system and with the year being 8 days a way there's no time to train at this point.


The fact is he's dealt with problems.
He took over a team with multiple problems.
His #1 WR fell into his disease and is gone.
the supposed franchise QB didn't want to be here anymore and that was no fault of Childress.
It was a QB that was trying to care care of himself and do what's best for him.
Pep wanted out.
He is out.

Give the guy a chance before you critique him.
Maybe things don't work out.
It's nothing worse than we've been through the last 4 seasons anyway.
Maybe, just maybe he does work out.
All I'm saying is give him a chance.

vike_mike
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
He is doing a decent job.
I am just wondering about a few areas.
It is our right to either criticize him or give him due respect.
That is what this forum is for.
If everyone had the same opinion, this blog would be soooo boring.
Let the people talk and have their opinion, and you have yours.
It is our right, or is it?

happy camper
09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.


This critisism is so irrelevent to me.

I don't understand why everyone is baggin on Childress so much for this.

He's not bringing in these guys as starters. It would be so different if he was starting McMullen this preseason, or saying "Johnson and McMahon are in competition..".

I guess I don't just bag on coaches until I see the results.

happy camper
09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:


He is doing a decent job.
I am just wondering about a few areas.
It is our right to either criticize him or give him due respect.
That is what this forum is for.
If everyone had the same opinion, this blog would be soooo boring.
Let the people talk and have their opinion, and you have yours.
It is our right, or is it?


I think the frustration of this thread comes from the fact that people seem to bitch ALOT.

It's definatly ok to wonder and critique.

But don't hop from one bandwagon to another! If you ripped the Vikings for taking Tavaris, and then the next month you are on the T-Jack loving bandwagon, thats a little hypocritical to me.

darkflood
09-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???

sleepagent
09-02-2006, 06:17 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!

Ltrey33
09-02-2006, 08:07 PM
"darkflood" wrote:


Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???


I'm not sure which pick you're talking about. If you're talking about the Jackson pick then no, I wasn't, which is what I said in my original post. That is where I'm getting my perspective from though. I was displeased with picking Jackson at the beginning, and I doubted Childress, but from what we've seen the guy knows what he's doing. Therefore, I think it's stupid to complain about the movies Childress has made when we haven't even seen a regular season game yet.

As far as the Eagles' "throw aways" becoming the Vikings goes, he's signed three guys from the Eagles! I think that's what a lot of my problem with all of this is. He's signed three guys (one of which is now cut) and everyone is acting like he's throwing away the franchise. NO! Artis Hicks has been pretty good on the offensive line and we haven't even seen Pinkston line up yet. So how can they be bad moves? How can you pass judgement yet? I just don't see how it's possible.

And yes, of course you're aloud to voice your displeasure, but I was getting how I felt out there too. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that was tired of the negativity the same as I was.

"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!


This was just my way of getting out my frustration that people seemed to be complaining a lot about Childress. You have to admit, there has been a lot of negativity about the moves that have been made (especially the Pinkston deal).

All I am saying is that we should give the guy a chance before we rip him. We haven't even seen the results yet.

Prophet
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I guess I don't see that many people flipping out.
There are a few members that are 'glass half-emptiers' that are whining about everything in every post and rarely, if ever, back up any of their opinions with any substance.
Why let them bother you?
It appears to me that a relatively high proportion of the fan base is in support of Childress and his staff and they are just getting antsy and are ready for the season to start.

Ltrey33
09-02-2006, 08:53 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


I guess I don't see that many people flipping out.
There are a few members that are 'glass half-emptiers' that are whining about everything in every post and rarely, if ever, back up any of their opinions with any substance.
Why let them bother you?
It appears to me that a relatively high proportion of the fan base is in support of Childress and his staff and they are just getting antsy and are ready for the season to start.



Maybe I'm just too thin-skinned!

sleepagent
09-02-2006, 08:58 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


"darkflood" wrote:


Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???


I'm not sure which pick you're talking about. If you're talking about the Jackson pick then no, I wasn't, which is what I said in my original post. That is where I'm getting my perspective from though. I was displeased with picking Jackson at the beginning, and I doubted Childress, but from what we've seen the guy knows what he's doing. Therefore, I think it's stupid to complain about the movies Childress has made when we haven't even seen a regular season game yet.

As far as the Eagles' "throw aways" becoming the Vikings goes, he's signed three guys from the Eagles! I think that's what a lot of my problem with all of this is. He's signed three guys (one of which is now cut) and everyone is acting like he's throwing away the franchise. NO! Artis Hicks has been pretty good on the offensive line and we haven't even seen Pinkston line up yet. So how can they be bad moves? How can you pass judgement yet? I just don't see how it's possible.

And yes, of course you're aloud to voice your displeasure, but I was getting how I felt out there too. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that was tired of the negativity the same as I was.

"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!


This was just my way of getting out my frustration that people seemed to be complaining a lot about Childress. You have to admit, there has been a lot of negativity about the moves that have been made (especially the Pinkston deal).

All I am saying is that we should give the guy a chance before we rip him. We haven't even seen the results yet.


My point isn't your perspective as it is the "frustaration of grouping everyone" I guess.

I like the overall job Childress is doing.
I'm just not sure why he's spending his time with Philadelphia . . . actually I do - there's safety in his comfort zone with these players, but he's hanging around for the leftovers.

Having said that, Green went after a retired Philadelphia leftover and look what happened in 1998 when Moss came to town.

If that happens this year . . . I'll swallow the crow whole!
I just don't think its gonna come from Philadelphia.

Now I'm interested to see what they do with all these cuts around the NFL.

Ltrey33
09-02-2006, 09:22 PM
"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


"darkflood" wrote:


Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???


I'm not sure which pick you're talking about. If you're talking about the Jackson pick then no, I wasn't, which is what I said in my original post. That is where I'm getting my perspective from though. I was displeased with picking Jackson at the beginning, and I doubted Childress, but from what we've seen the guy knows what he's doing. Therefore, I think it's stupid to complain about the movies Childress has made when we haven't even seen a regular season game yet.

As far as the Eagles' "throw aways" becoming the Vikings goes, he's signed three guys from the Eagles! I think that's what a lot of my problem with all of this is. He's signed three guys (one of which is now cut) and everyone is acting like he's throwing away the franchise. NO! Artis Hicks has been pretty good on the offensive line and we haven't even seen Pinkston line up yet. So how can they be bad moves? How can you pass judgement yet? I just don't see how it's possible.

And yes, of course you're aloud to voice your displeasure, but I was getting how I felt out there too. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that was tired of the negativity the same as I was.

"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!


This was just my way of getting out my frustration that people seemed to be complaining a lot about Childress. You have to admit, there has been a lot of negativity about the moves that have been made (especially the Pinkston deal).

All I am saying is that we should give the guy a chance before we rip him. We haven't even seen the results yet.


My point isn't your perspective as it is the "frustaration of grouping everyone" I guess.

I like the overall job Childress is doing.
I'm just not sure why he's spending his time with Philadelphia . . . actually I do - there's safety in his comfort zone with these players, but he's hanging around for the leftovers.

Having said that, Green went after a retired Philadelphia leftover and look what happened in 1998 when Moss came to town.

If that happens this year . . . I'll swallow the crow whole!
I just don't think its gonna come from Philadelphia.

Now I'm interested to see what they do with all these cuts around the NFL.



Well sorry about grouping "everyone", but that's why I said "Who is with me?" at the end of the post. It was to give the people that weren't being negative nellies a chance to say so.

DoubleDown11
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Pinkston and Dez White suck. Thats right, Dez White, the guy who lasted a week.
On a positive note at least Childress does NOT
wait a year to fix his mistakes.
Sorry, if I yearn for the good ole days of Randy Moss.
Now, if Childress wants to get former "Birds"
go get Brian Dawkins, That would impress me.

V4L
09-02-2006, 10:28 PM
It's kinda funny how people are saying these are horrible moves when we haven't even seen them suit up in a regular season game yet.. Who the fuck do you think you are saying they are garbage? Just because they didn't do that well in Philly doesn't mean they can't find a better system and fit in here.. So seriously shut the fuck up and wait for them to play before u bitch about it.. Quit acting like a bunch of little girls



One Love

sleepagent
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
"V4L" wrote:


It's kinda funny how people are saying these are horrible moves when we haven't even seen them suit up in a regular season game yet.. Who the F!!ck do you think you are saying they are garbage? Just because they didn't do that well in Philly doesn't mean they can't find a better system and fit in here.. So seriously shut the F!!ck up and wait for them to play before u beeyatch about it.. Quit acting like a bunch of little girls



One Love


Apology Accepted.
;D

Prophet
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Maybe we need to call in the Gov. of CA and have him do a girlie-man census.

DoubleDown11
09-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Childress (especially when compared to Tice), but Pinkston over Darius Watts or Charles Rogers?

"Pinky" (for you Newbs- there was an Eagle Fan in here 2 years ago that had the screen name Mcnabb2Pinky) is coming off a torn achilles and was out most of last year.

I hope I am wrong about him.

Name of the thread is "chill out", totally uncalled for a "shut the f up".

V-Unit
09-03-2006, 12:18 AM
It's not that he signs former in Eagles, it's that he signs bad players. We really haven't seen any of the new players producing, only the new schemes have been productive. Yes our draft picks are solid, but I'm not going to give the new layers credit until they deserve it.

I do remain optimistic but it's hard when you see Childress sign a guy who you know is:
1. Really bad
2. Not going to be here next year
3. Really bad.
4. Probably is never going to be very good
5. Only in Minnesota because he knows Brad Childress

Bringing in these players means the coaches think they need to upgrade the roster, but the talent levels of the people they are signing does not provide an upgrade at all. Childress should be signing based on talent, not on who he knows or doesn't know. Sometimes surprises can be good, and I think the QB situtation proved it all. McMahon knew the system, but has no talent and sucked it up. Tavaris didn't know the system, but his wealth of talent allowed him to learn the system and perform well.

You can teach the system, you can't teach talent.

fourdoorchevelle
09-03-2006, 12:46 AM
"V4L" wrote:


....Who the F!!ck do you think you are saying they are garbage? ...... So seriously shut the F!!ck up and wait for them to play before u beeyatch about it.. Quit acting like a bunch of little girls


One Love


translated......i know more than you.......only my opinion is right.....if your don't agree with me you are a girl (which is weaker then men).

bravo, well said. you have totally proved your point with well documented facts .

so now any 1 that doesn't agree with you should not post here? and if they do they are whiney girls?

just WOW.

any newbie would be classified a troll for these attacks

Ltrey33
09-03-2006, 01:05 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


....Who the F!!ck do you think you are saying they are garbage? ...... So seriously shut the F!!ck up and wait for them to play before u beeyatch about it.. Quit acting like a bunch of little girls


One Love


translated......i know more than you.......only my opinion is right.....if your don't agree with me you are a girl (which is weaker then men).

bravo, well said. you have totally proved your point with well documented facts .

so now any 1 that doesn't agree with you should not post here? and if they do they are whiney girls?

just WOW.

any newbie would be classified a troll for these attacks


True, but V4L's record speaks for itself! Have SOME mercy! Maybe he was just having a bad night.
;D Or maybe SamDawg got ahold of his account!

Zeus
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.


Do you have ANY evidence of this?
Any quote?
Any single shread of real knowledge of this to be true?

Desperately awaiting your reply,
=Z=

whackthepack
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!



Really dumpster diving!
Lets see Hutchinson, Tank Taylor, Hicks, Leber and many more, and you consider this dumpster diving?

The players that Buffalo Phat Pat and Winfield were brought is as wanted free agents the same as Hutchinson and Taylor.

McMahon was brought in and he didn't work and he was cut, but he was not our prize free agent, the same with Dez White!
They are player they have brought in to look at and then sent away or and Pinkston is in the same category and will probably be sent away or ride the pine.

It is easy to forget about the other guys and just focus on the bad guys to try and make your case, but post all the information and you argument has no merit.

PurpleRide
09-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I know its a different time and a different sport BUT does anyone recall the 1980 olympic hockey team?
Did herb get all the best athletes avalible or did he get who he thought would win him the medal?
Sometimes talent doesnt mean anything, look at 45 years of vikings football, how many SB titles do we have?
Lets wait until the end of the season before we say anything.

V4L
09-03-2006, 01:32 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


....Who the F!!ck do you think you are saying they are garbage? ...... So seriously shut the F!!ck up and wait for them to play before u beeyatch about it.. Quit acting like a bunch of little girls


One Love


translated......i know more than you.......only my opinion is right.....if your don't agree with me you are a girl (which is weaker then men).

bravo, well said. you have totally proved your point with well documented facts .

so now any 1 that doesn't agree with you should not post here? and if they do they are whiney girls?

just WOW.

any newbie would be classified a troll for these attacks



No, not at all bro.. Ur far from right..

Everyone is entitled to thier opinions.. I'm just sticking up for the staff and the players we bring in.. They have been getting trashed heavily here latley and it bothers me.. You would think they would give them a chance to prove themselves.. But no they are instintly garbage players..

I bet the Chiefs fans got pissed they signed Priest Holmes back in the day right.. He never did anything in Baltimore.. Oh didn't he set the single season TD record before Shaun broke it? GIVE THE DUDE A CHANCE!!

And the girl comment.. Well yah that was a little overboard.. But you always hear the term "quit complaing or crying like a little girl"
But I appologize



One Love

V4L
09-03-2006, 01:37 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:


I know its a different time and a different sport BUT does anyone recall the 1980 olympic hockey team?
Did herb get all the best athletes avalible or did he get who he thought would win him the medal?
Sometimes talent doesnt mean anything, look at 45 years of vikings football, how many SB titles do we have?
Lets wait until the end of the season before we say anything.



Thank you!!

And what about the Patriots? Pretty much the same deal.. No superstars





One Love

Formo
09-03-2006, 01:45 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!



Really dumpster diving!
Lets see Hutchinson, Tank Taylor, Hicks, Leber and many more, and you consider this dumpster diving?

The players that Buffalo Phat Pat and Winfield were brought is as wanted free agents the same as Hutchinson and Taylor.

McMahon was brought in and he didn't work and he was cut, but he was not our prize free agent, the same with Dez White!
They are player they have brought in to look at and then sent away or and Pinkston is in the same category and will probably be sent away or ride the pine.

It is easy to forget about the other guys and just focus on the bad guys to try and make your case, but post all the information and you argument has no merit.


Thank you.
Well said!

NodakPaul
09-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't mind people criticizing Childress.
He has made some decisions that deserved to be criticized.
Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to sit in the relative safety of our own living rooms and preach about the way we would have done it if we had the chance.
Hell, they even made a video game out of it (NFL Head Coach).

However, there are one or two fans here who wouldn't care if Childress poohed gold and peed oil.
He could lead us to four straight super bowl victories and some people would still complain about him.
That kind of blind, unjustified hatred is ridicules.
If you are unhappy over the fact that we are picking up ex-eagles, go ahead and write about it.
If you didn't like the draft (for whatever reason), go ahead and write about it.
And when you do, include the relevant facts that support your dissatisfaction.
But don't waste our time by making unfactual and stupid comments about some "love affair" Coach Childress has with the eagles, or claim that Coach Childress "still wishes he was made head coach at Philly."
Doing so only makes you look like a 12 year old troll.

V-Unit
09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Comparison to the Patriots is pretty irrelevant in this argument. The Pats won without superstars, but I don't remember them signing a bunch of rejects before their Super Bowl run. The Patriots sacrficed a year to give young players a chance to gain experience and learn under an amazing coach. The results were, well super for lack of a better word. That is not what is happeneing here in Minnesota at all.

I also don't get the "wait till they play" argument, these guys have already played, and they didn't do too well when they were on the field. There are receivers available that have performed better than Pinkston, and like I said, before, you can teach the system, you can't teach talent. We should be getting the best players possible, not the players that Childress knows best.

sleepagent
09-04-2006, 12:56 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"sleepagent" wrote:


"Ltrey33" wrote:


I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?


I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.


Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!



Really dumpster diving!

Lets see Hutchinson, Tank Taylor, Hicks, Leber and many more, and you consider this dumpster diving?

The players that Buffalo Phat Pat and Winfield were brought is as wanted free agents the same as Hutchinson and Taylor.

McMahon was brought in and he didn't work and he was cut, but he was not our prize free agent, the same with Dez White!
They are player they have brought in to look at and then sent away or and Pinkston is in the same category and will probably be sent away or ride the pine.

It is easy to forget about the other guys and just focus on the bad guys to try and make your case, but post all the information and you argument has no merit.


My discussion was concerning Childressess Man-Love for Philadelphia waste products and people grouping "everyone flipping out" into the same category, not the overall changes.

I for one like the overall job Childress is doing, and I understand his safety net is in Philadelphia, but I question some of his picks.

My discussion was not about his overall picks, etc.
However having said that, I would love for Hutch to block, Taylor to run, and Tank to hit, but based upon the preseason, none have been very impressive.


I'm just hoping they were trying something new in the preseason.
Unfortuately, Tank is gone for the season, and I'm waiting on Hutch & Taylor to impress.

Purple Floyd
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I'll be the first to say that I have been impressed with the way the team is playing. I think that Childress at this point has exceeded my expectations as far as the coaching staff he has put on the field. The team is more aggressive and in the right position more often than I have seen in a long time. They are also getting fewer off sides penalties,which tells me there is more discipline and more thinking going on.

That being said I remember the speech Wilf gave where he looked at the camera and said he wanted a championship and would spend what it took to bring one here.

So when I see them go out and sign castoffs from previous teams that he has played on that have not performed under his direct supervision McMahon and Pinkston and McMullen) I cannot see how he is going to be able to get more out of them this time. Remember, he was their offensive coordinator and they did not perform under him.They certainly did not excel under him and if they did not perform under him in this same system in Philly it probably won't change.Had he gotten Dawkins, Trotter or Westbrook I don't think anybody would have been down on him for going after Eagles players.

The Patriots reference about having no superstars was a little off base because they did have studs on the team. Belechik had a strong coreof veterans on his defense that were experienced and acted like coaches.
If a player went down, these guys were able to give direction to the new guys and make sure they knew where to be and how to react. They also did not bring in cast-offs that were underachievers. They did bring in people that were talented that could work in their system. They did not bring in players that failed to perform in that system previously.

whackthepack
09-04-2006, 12:19 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I'll be the first to say that I have been impressed with the way the team is playing. I think that Childress at this point has exceeded my expectations as far as the coaching staff he has put on the field. The team is more aggressive and in the right position more often than I have seen in a long time. They are also getting fewer off sides penalties,which tells me there is more discipline and more thinking going on.

That being said I remember the speech Wilf gave where he looked at the camera and said he wanted a championship and would spend what it took to bring one here.

So when I see them go out and sign castoffs from previous teams that he has played on that have not performed under his direct supervision McMahon and Pinkston and McMullen) I cannot see how he is going to be able to get more out of them this time. Remember, he was their offensive coordinator and they did not perform under him.They certainly did not excel under him and if they did not perform under him in this same system in Philly it probably won't change.Had he gotten Dawkins, Trotter or Westbrook I don't think anybody would have been down on him for going after Eagles players.

The Patriots reference about having no superstars was a little off base because they did have studs on the team. Belechik had a strong coreof veterans on his defense that were experienced and acted like coaches.
If a player went down, these guys were able to give direction to the new guys and make sure they knew where to be and how to react. They also did not bring in cast-offs that were underachievers. They did bring in people that were talented that could work in their system. They did not bring in players that failed to perform in that system previously.





He went after players to fill back up rolls not be starters and maybe they are better than the players that were in backup rolls.
He did not sign these players to be starters and I don't expect to see any of them starting unless the current starters get hurt!
The only exception is Hicks who he targeted specifically for the starting right guard job and went and got him for that reason.

I would rather have them evaluate the talent and make those decisions than the people that post on PP.O!

ejmat
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I'll be the first to say that I have been impressed with the way the team is playing. I think that Childress at this point has exceeded my expectations as far as the coaching staff he has put on the field. The team is more aggressive and in the right position more often than I have seen in a long time. They are also getting fewer off sides penalties,which tells me there is more discipline and more thinking going on.

That being said I remember the speech Wilf gave where he looked at the camera and said he wanted a championship and would spend what it took to bring one here.

So when I see them go out and sign castoffs from previous teams that he has played on that have not performed under his direct supervision McMahon and Pinkston and McMullen) I cannot see how he is going to be able to get more out of them this time. Remember, he was their offensive coordinator and they did not perform under him.They certainly did not excel under him and if they did not perform under him in this same system in Philly it probably won't change.Had he gotten Dawkins, Trotter or Westbrook I don't think anybody would have been down on him for going after Eagles players.

The Patriots reference about having no superstars was a little off base because they did have studs on the team. Belechik had a strong coreof veterans on his defense that were experienced and acted like coaches.
If a player went down, these guys were able to give direction to the new guys and make sure they knew where to be and how to react. They also did not bring in cast-offs that were underachievers. They did bring in people that were talented that could work in their system. They did not bring in players that failed to perform in that system previously.




I will say I think traded Basket for McMullenb was a mistake.
I will aslo say the guy has targeted Philly players.
Just remember these Philly players went to 4 straight NFC championship games.
Hicks and Pinky had extensive roles in a couple of them.
The rest were brought in for back up roles.
Whether it upgraded the team remains to be seen.
personally I don't think McMullen was an upgradde.
McMahon didn't work out.
But let's find out about the rest.
We won't know until the season.
Until then I have total confidence in the decisions.
I may not agree with them but I'm sitting here typing about them not making them.

vikingbill50
09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
i for one am not going to say anything bad about childress, i jsut point my opinion on some of his choices is all, time will tell but tight now, childress has done a great job with the team and i love the way hs is showing the team that they will not put up with any off field crap...wait a few games and then we will see how his choices are standing up..i still would love to see carter and mathis on our practice squad tho..

Prophet
09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


I don't mind people criticizing Childress.
He has made some decisions that deserved to be criticized.
Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to sit in the relative safety of our own living rooms and preach about the way we would have done it if we had the chance.
Hell, they even made a video game out of it (NFL Head Coach).

However, there are one or two fans here who wouldn't care if Childress poohed gold and peed oil.
He could lead us to four straight super bowl victories and some people would still complain about him.
That kind of blind, unjustified hatred is ridicules.
If you are unhappy over the fact that we are picking up ex-eagles, go ahead and write about it.
If you didn't like the draft (for whatever reason), go ahead and write about it.
And when you do, include the relevant facts that support your dissatisfaction.
But don't waste our time by making unfactual and stupid comments about some "love affair" Coach Childress has with the eagles, or claim that Coach Childress "still wishes he was made head coach at Philly."
Doing so only makes you look like a 12 year old troll.


Amen.

singersp
09-04-2006, 05:28 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


I don't mind people criticizing Childress.
He has made some decisions that deserved to be criticized.
Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to sit in the relative safety of our own living rooms and preach about the way we would have done it if we had the chance.
Hell, they even made a video game out of it (NFL Head Coach).

However, there are one or two fans here who wouldn't care if Childress poohed gold and peed oil.
He could lead us to four straight super bowl victories and some people would still complain about him.
That kind of blind, unjustified hatred is ridicules.
If you are unhappy over the fact that we are picking up ex-eagles, go ahead and write about it.
If you didn't like the draft (for whatever reason), go ahead and write about it.
And when you do, include the relevant facts that support your dissatisfaction.
But don't waste our time by making unfactual and stupid comments about some "love affair" Coach Childress has with the eagles, or claim that Coach Childress "still wishes he was made head coach at Philly."
Doing so only makes you look like a 12 year old troll.


Amen.


Ahhh! So a person can get by with a one word post as long as he quotes another one, even though it doesn't meet the minimum required amount of charachters.

digital420
09-04-2006, 05:31 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:


I know its a different time and a different sport BUT does anyone recall the 1980 olympic hockey team?
Did herb get all the best athletes avalible or did he get who he thought would win him the medal?
Sometimes talent doesnt mean anything, look at 45 years of vikings football, how many SB titles do we have?
Lets wait until the end of the season before we say anything.


i use herb brooks quoates a lot!! great coaching strategy.. i hope it's what B.chill has in mind!!

kinda wish the usa basketball team would do this!!

DiGiTaL

Vikes_King
09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
trying to find other ways to run up that post count singer?

haha, jk sir

but Nodak, pretty sure thats the best post i've read on this entire thread, im so tired of the daily no-fact arguements people spew out there, being a diehard i've often gotten into vikings "fans" that hate one thing or another about the team, with no basis for doing so

Prophet
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


I don't mind people criticizing Childress.
He has made some decisions that deserved to be criticized.
Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to sit in the relative safety of our own living rooms and preach about the way we would have done it if we had the chance.
Hell, they even made a video game out of it (NFL Head Coach).

However, there are one or two fans here who wouldn't care if Childress poohed gold and peed oil.
He could lead us to four straight super bowl victories and some people would still complain about him.
That kind of blind, unjustified hatred is ridicules.
If you are unhappy over the fact that we are picking up ex-eagles, go ahead and write about it.
If you didn't like the draft (for whatever reason), go ahead and write about it.
And when you do, include the relevant facts that support your dissatisfaction.
But don't waste our time by making unfactual and stupid comments about some "love affair" Coach Childress has with the eagles, or claim that Coach Childress "still wishes he was made head coach at Philly."
Doing so only makes you look like a 12 year old troll.


Amen.


Ahhh! So a person can get by with a one word post as long as he quotes another one, even though it doesn't meet the minimum required amount of charachters.




The difference is that my one word post said more than half the long-winded posts in this thread.
8)

singersp
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


trying to find other ways to run up that post count singer?

haha, jk sir


LOL. You'll hardly ever see a one word post out of me. One pic maybe, but very few 1 word posts.
;D

singersp
09-04-2006, 05:43 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


I don't mind people criticizing Childress.
He has made some decisions that deserved to be criticized.
Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to sit in the relative safety of our own living rooms and preach about the way we would have done it if we had the chance.
Hell, they even made a video game out of it (NFL Head Coach).

However, there are one or two fans here who wouldn't care if Childress poohed gold and peed oil.
He could lead us to four straight super bowl victories and some people would still complain about him.
That kind of blind, unjustified hatred is ridicules.
If you are unhappy over the fact that we are picking up ex-eagles, go ahead and write about it.
If you didn't like the draft (for whatever reason), go ahead and write about it.
And when you do, include the relevant facts that support your dissatisfaction.
But don't waste our time by making unfactual and stupid comments about some "love affair" Coach Childress has with the eagles, or claim that Coach Childress "still wishes he was made head coach at Philly."
Doing so only makes you look like a 12 year old troll.


Amen.


Ahhh! So a person can get by with a one word post as long as he quotes another one, even though it doesn't meet the minimum required amount of charachters.




The difference is that my one word post said more than half the long-winded posts in this thread.
8)


LOL! "Amen!" always does.
;)

That word might even be exempt from the "minimum charachters" rule.

VAKirks
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
"digital420" wrote:


i think one of the reasons B.chill is getting a lot of extra flack is cause he's new..

we don't know his style, what he's looking for, and we are learning as time moves on.

so alot of people creitize him.. good!! i hope he reads it and just affirms his belief in his plan. so far we've turned 180's on his drafting, and coming next monday we'll know what kinda game face he's really gonna show us. i really am excited to see a new face to the vikes. i miss the old one of flashy wr's and cannon arm'd qb's. but i like our D now.. and i believe in B.chill's ablility to utilize B.j's skills (now that sounds !#%% up)

DiGiTaL






I get the distinct impression that Childress could not care less what we post here or any journalist has to say or anyone else for that matter.
Wins, losses, and feedback from people who have earned his respect.
That's my guess as to what he cares about.

I'm sure it will take a couple of years, I just hope there will be some good wins and some sorry Bears and Packers along the way.
Man, I hate the Bears.
Maybe more than the Packers.
Not sure which I hate more.
Can they both go 0-16?

Vikings Rock!!!

digital420
09-05-2006, 02:24 AM
"VAKirks" wrote:


"digital420" wrote:


i think one of the reasons B.chill is getting a lot of extra flack is cause he's new..

we don't know his style, what he's looking for, and we are learning as time moves on.

so alot of people creitize him.. good!! i hope he reads it and just affirms his belief in his plan. so far we've turned 180's on his drafting, and coming next monday we'll know what kinda game face he's really gonna show us. i really am excited to see a new face to the vikes. i miss the old one of flashy wr's and cannon arm'd qb's. but i like our D now.. and i believe in B.chill's ablility to utilize B.j's skills (now that sounds !#%% up)

DiGiTaL






I get the distinct impression that Childress could not care less what we post here or any journalist has to say or anyone else for that matter.
Wins, losses, and feedback from people who have earned his respect.
That's my guess as to what he cares about.

I'm sure it will take a couple of years, I just hope there will be some good wins and some sorry Bears and Packers along the way.
Man, I hate the Bears.
Maybe more than the Packers.
Not sure which I hate more.
Can they both go 0-16?

Vikings Rock!!!


why not let them split their series.. each win on the road so their home town fans can boo um..
say 1 - 15..
alhtough i do have respect for the bears.. i really do hope the cheeseheads play ok for everyone's sake.. and against us fart just tosses pizza's to our D's alllll nite long..

On the topic of the thread.. B.chill's waiver wire calls seems to be s howing us more and more of a picture that he's looking for specific guys.. i hope he gets the ones he wants. and i'm VERY glad we kept some of those rookie's on the prac squad.. wish they had a chance to shine though on hte roster.

DiGiTaL


DiGiTaL

Zeus
09-05-2006, 10:11 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.


Do you have ANY evidence of this?
Any quote?
Any single shread of real knowledge of this to be true?

Desperately awaiting your reply,
=Z=


Still waiting.......................

=Z=

whackthepack
09-05-2006, 11:31 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.


Do you have ANY evidence of this?
Any quote?
Any single shread of real knowledge of this to be true?

Desperately awaiting your reply,
=Z=


Still waiting.......................

=Z=






I posted this a few days ago Z and got no response from him and I think that he is a Packer fan to scared and afraid to say who he really is and he just puts this stuff out because he wishes the Packers would have gotten Childress instead of the lame a$$ McCarthy they got.

He waits a few days and posts the same drivel and when somebody calls him on it he waits a few days and posts it again.

Zeus I don't think you will ever get an answer from him.




What has Childress done for the Vikes since hes been head coach?

IMO, hes messed up on draft (reguardless of how TJ plays for us in the future). Could have managed it better

He didnt bother with Pep, even if pep wanted too much and wanted to go (once he saw who our head coach was)

He thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles. We dont even know if Hicks is any good. Wish he had a love affair with ex Pats instead.

He wants luke warm, no trouble players, and yet, since he came here, the Vikes are on the news almost every nite.

I have no choice but to give him a chance like everyone else. But when he fills a roster spot with Stinkerston, I am going to beeyatch.





Here is a response I did on another thread to one of the many "CC the worst" whinny posts, he is like a broken record and never backs up his posts and his warped views but waits a few days and posts the same crap which really makes me think he is a Packer fan and to chicken sh*t to admit it.





Whacker, couple of reasons I cant stand Childress.

A) He couched for the Eagles, and just cant get over his love affair with them

B)He didnt even bother talking to Pep. Only Childress has a bigger ego, for no reason at all, then Pep

c)His eye for talen brough us McM for QB.

I vcould go on and on about things like the draft but im at work and time is pressing






He did try to talk to Daunte and to meet with Daunte but all Daunte wanted was to meet with Wilf and Briezinski about getting more money!

Oh no, Childress coached for another team!
get out the firing squad!

If you have slept the last 18 hours the Vikes traded for another QB, so he tried out a QB from Philly and is letting him go.




The draft:

He was not the lone voice in the warroom, maybe you heard of the triangle of authority. Childress didn't just pick all the players he wanted he had to deal with Foley and Studwell, and they didn't agree with each other at all and they almost got in a fist fight in the warroom over not taking Clemens.

Lets look at the selections.

The Vikes choose the best LB available in the 1st round, and there was no way to foresee that Greenway would get hurt in the 1st preseason game.

Next the Vikes took Griffin who a lot of experts considered the best pure corner in the draft.

I agree the selection of Cook was bizarre, but speculation was that Foley did this selection because he and Studwell were fighting about who to draft and he did it to show Studwell that he was in charge.

T-Jack looked great in the preseason and it looks like the Vikings choose wisely and that trading up for him was a great move.

Ray Edwards looks like a steal in the draft for the 4th round.

Blue is a monster hitter and has laid the smack down in every preseason game.

That is the worst draft ever!
Bring out the firing squad, again!




I would rather they not have selected Cook in the 2nd round and that they would have used that pick on Hodge from Iowa, but if Clemens wouldn't have been snipped in front of us by the Jets he would have been the selection and that is what set off the fight between Studwell and Foley.




I enjoy telling you that Childress is going no where, and he will be here for a lot of years!
So either learn to deal with it, or the other option is to become a fan of another team (I heard Green Bay needs fans).
But could you please quit your whining about Childress and whining that the Vikings are going to be the worst team ever because if you feel that way then cheer for another team.

Del Rio
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Luckily for all you Childress lovers and all you Childress haters is he gets to put his money where his mouth is this season.

I don't like the moves especially Pinkston. I will wait to see what he does before I cry about it though.

vikes2456
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Is Greg Blue still on the team, I've been moving into college and have been away from vikings news, he better still be with us..

vikingbill50
09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
well hopefully we wont have to cry about anyhting on the moves he made, the only one i kinda question is the mcmullen deal, from trading to him to keeping him and releasin carter, thankfully we got carter back on the prac. squad, but time will tell on that, but so far he has done a really good job at buiding this team and the coaches that he hired, i think we are gonna have a better year than last year and atleast win our division

vikingbill50
09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
yes greg blue is with us

Wiggles67
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:


There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.


I dont think its fair for anyone to say Childress is doing a good or bad job.
They havent played a game yet.
Some of Chldress's moves have surprised me and I definately dont agree with some of them but no one can honestly say they were good or bad moves at this point.
I dont like the idea of bringing in so many ex-Eagles but I also dont know a lot about them.

But for anyone to say that we cant doubt Childress's moves solely on Jackson is rediculous, just because he might start the season as a #2 QB doesnt make him a great pick.


I really like what Childess is trying to do with the franchise, cleaning up the programs, code of ethics, and the signing of all the coaches.
I think he is moving in the right direction. But at this point no one can say he has done a good or bad job with the guys he has brought it.

Talk to me after the season

V-Unit
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
There really aren't that many posters that absolutely hate Childress. Most here support him but question some of the individual moves he makes. I loved the draft, signing Chester Taylor, and Picking up Ben Leber. I hated Signing Mike McMahon, picking up Dwight Smith, trading for McMullen, and not keeping Carter on the active roster in favor of Pinkston. Obviously you cannot get people here to agree on any of those moves.

In same cases I was right, in others I was flat out wrong, but just because I criticize some of his decisions doesn't mean I don't support him. It would be a waste of my fanhood and intelligence to blindly support or hate a coach who's record is 0-0. He has made some smart moves and some dumb moves IMO and I think anyone who totally agrees with everything Childress has done needs to wake up.

I know that the purpose behind all of Brad's moves, whether I liked them or not, is to ensure that the Vikings will be a good football team. Since his intentions are pure, I can support him in the end.

Formo
09-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Well said V.

Because his intentions are pure should be the one absolute driving force for all Vikings fans to support him.

I didn't like the draft all that much..
Not so much the players we've gotten but the order we got them in.
I also didn't like that he cut Carter.
Or that he signed McMahan and traded for McMullen.
I know there are a few other moves I didn't like.

For all the moves I didn't like, I liked just as much.

Reguardless of what moves I liked, I hope each and every one of them bode well for the Vikings.
And that should hold the same for every other TRUE Viking fan.