PDA

View Full Version : All the TJack Haters will be happy Jacobs released

Garland Greene
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Steelers | Jacobs released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:38:01 -0700

Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers released QB Omar Jacobs Saturday, Sept. 2.

I remeber all of the haters on TJack saying we should of got Jacobs well it looks like he couldn't evebn beat out Charlie Batch.

Looks like TJack was the better pick more and More all the time

UndisputedVike
09-02-2006, 01:01 PM
They released they're draft pick.
???

digital420
09-02-2006, 01:04 PM
i seriously doubt they're given up on him.

he's got talent!! and a cannon arm.

I like our choice of goin with Tjac. he's suprised everyone with his quick learning/thinking. but i was always hopin we'd take Omarj.

given the same time to learn i bet these two would be better then any hollywood QB.

DiGiTaL

faninphx
09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
This goes back to what I said back in April: the "experts" wrong more often than right and I'll leave it up to our staff to make the right calls.
I'm glad they pick TJack, I think he'll be around for a while.

NordicNed
09-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Never did like Jacobs, and I was pushing for us to take Whitehurst before the draft, but I'm very happy with the TJ pickup....He sure seems to have alot of upside, and I was very impressed with his arm strenght....

Just this mourning, I was in yahoo sports and watched the TJ college video again, he does do some things very well...

I do hear though, that San Diago is very happy with Whitehurst also.....I think we will be hearing more about these two for years to come...

Ltrey33
09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Jacobs looked HORRIBLE in the preseason, so I'm not surprised he was cut. I was never really a fan of his when he was coming out in the draft. I was pushing for Whitehurst or Croyle, but from the looks of it, the Tarvaris pick was pretty darn good!

UndisputedVike
09-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Scrambling Quarterback's that run first pass later (ie. Mike Vick) never really make it far in the NFL.

Vikes_King
09-02-2006, 02:02 PM
=) they just keeps reassuring us that t-jack was the right choice

whackthepack
09-02-2006, 02:17 PM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

Steelers | Jacobs released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:38:01 -0700

Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers released QB Omar Jacobs Saturday, Sept. 2.

I remeber all of the haters on TJack saying we should of got Jacobs well it looks like he couldn't evebn beat out Charlie Batch.

Looks like TJack was the better pick more and More all the time

That is unbelievable!
There was posters before the draft that wanted us to take him with our 1st pick in the second round and he didn't even make the team, I am sure they will resign him to their practice squad.

kramer9guy
09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Yup, Jacobs looked very bad this preseason. From what I've seen, he looked clueless out there. No surprise he was cut. I am glad we didn't pick him up. And even though I was hoping we'd get either Cutler or Whitehurst in the draft, I am now very happy we ended up getting Tavaris. My confidence in Childress for that reason alone is enough to give me some reassurance in the Pinkston signing.

vikes_4_life_42
09-02-2006, 02:43 PM
TJack hater? is there such a thing? haha lol. this is just another thing that proves we made the right choice by going w/ TJack

V4L
09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm not gonna lie I was a HUGEEEEE Omar fan.. I wanted to draft him if we didn't get Young which I was sure we weren't gonna.. So I was pulling for Omar..

And like everyone else is saying.. I'm happy with the T-Jack pick up.. I knew he had the tools and now he just needs to learn the game a little more and it looks like we got a gem.. I had faith in this pick

One Love

vike_mike
09-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Surprising.
I thought Omar would make it.
Glad we have TJack.
Maybe Omar might fit in the right system.

Warp
09-02-2006, 11:51 PM
I basically wanted the same thing as you did V4L. I wanted V.Young first then Lienart, but then after that i wanted Omar and was hoping to get him in the 2nd round. But when we did draft TJ i wasnt mad about it i liked the things i heard about him i just didnt like the way we moved up to get him at the time. Now after seeing more of him im glad we did and glad we didnt draft Omar. Anyway goodluck to Omar and any team that signs him i still think he can do great in the NFL if developed right. And to the people who wanted Whitehurst..... i cant see why anyone would want him he didnt show anything in college and i doubt he will do anything in the NFL especially behind Rivers. Thats just my opinion.

cajunvike
09-03-2006, 12:12 AM
I am kinda surprised...as I thought that he had at least one good game this preseason...unless the stats were wrong that I looked at!
At any rate, he wasn't one of my top QB picks anyway, so no skin off of my nose!
Looks like the Vikings brain trust made a good choice after all.

TheKnuck
09-03-2006, 12:53 AM
yeah, i thought he had good numbers his last game, but didn't follow much else.
oh well, can your really judge a qb now?
i mean, i haven't heard anything about croyle, and from his last game it looked like he looked clueless.
whitehurst, i didn't see anything special, Young and Leinart, sure they had decent last games.
so its far too early to judge the best "year of QB" winner.
But anyway, I hope TJ learns, improves, studies, stays out of trouble (way easier said than done in MN) and just wants to become productive.
I hope nothing goes to his head as he is so young.
This guy looks like a stud and hope he can make it work.

XxS2TheEvoxX
09-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Loved Omar coming into the draft and I can admit that I wanted us to draft him. After seeing him the preseason though, it's obvious that it's going to take a while for him to adjust to the NFL level. Jackson seems like a sponge.

PurpleRide
09-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I thought he looked bad in preseason, but drafting a QB that will ride the bench as a third string for some time and then cutting him
before the season even starts doesnt make much sence to me but i work in a hospital not the NFL.
Maybe the packers will pick him up, they will be looking for a new QB soon since their #1 sucks and #2 is not far behind.

Eyedea
09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Just because Omar was cut, doesn't mean Jackson was the right pick.
I highly doubt the Vikings were thinking of taking Jacobs in the third round.
Anyway, Jackson has looked surpisingly good, but he still has a way to go.
It will be interesting to see if he is ready to start next year.

Anyway, I still would rather have Kellen Clemens, as he is a more polished qb that will would be ready to start next year

COJOMAY
09-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I have to admit I was a big pusher for the Vikes to draft Omar. After seeing him in a couple of college games, I thought he would be a great NFL QB and I knew we had a chance to get him.
I was as surprised as anyone at the TJack pick but like I had also said, repeatedly, I think the coaching staff knows a heck of a lot more about personnel than I do and they proved that to be the case in the TJack pick.

ejmat
09-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I, like most of you, knew more about Omar than I did TJ.
Therefore I wasn't happy about not getting Omar.
When I read more about TJ I liked the fact he was as studious as he was.
It shows maturity and ambition.
Just because Omar didn't make it in Pitt doesn't mean he's a bad QB.
He played with the Steelers 3rd team.
Not that great if you want my opinion.

I am glad we have TJ though I wasn't happy about moving up and trading the 2 picks to get him.
That's just my opinion.
All in all, I am glad we have TJ.
Hope that makes sense.
lol