PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to sign 3 more Free Agents?

Mr. Purple
08-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Came across this on another Viking Board...

Per Doctolero on KFAN, former San Francisco 1st Round bust WR Rashaun Woods was practicing with the Vikes today. Apparently, he was all buddy buddy on the sideline today with his old receiving coach Darrell Wyatt, who just so happens to be our receivers coach. Not that unexpected or exciting, he's depth if in fact the ink is drying on his contract as we speak.

It is also being reported that the much awaited signing of QB A.J. Feeley is expected to happen within the next few days. McMahon will not play on Thursday, and although it is said to be because they want to try out O'Sullivan, the real reason is that Tarvaris Jackson has officially beaten him out for the #2 QB position. There is no reason to keep him around as a #3 QB and that is where A.J. comes in. Cheaper. Better. Altogether happier. Don't forget, not only is Feeley a Childress boy...he is also a Rick Spielman boy. It's gonna happen folks.

Another hot one making the rounds is that the Vikings may shop a future 6th or 7th round pick to Philadelphia for WR Todd Pinkston. This, as much as we probably don't like it, is most likely gonna happen as well. The Vikes may wait for his release, but if other teams get hot to trot for him and they don't want to take a chance, look for them to send Philly a small token of affection for a glorified gift.

Now noone flame me if none of these happen/happened.However they seem pretty realistic IMO.

NodakPaul
08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
So Rashaun Woods was the mystery WR, huh?
Not a huge surprise.
He isn't much, but depth is always good at WR.

This is a little more solid info regarding AJ Feely, although I am still not going to hold my breath.

And yes, Childress and Pinky have the Philly connection, but hopefully Coach Childress learned his lesson after McMahon...

VikesfaninWis
08-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm not so sure about the first guy, but us signing Feeley is a good move.. I think he fits into this system well.. I hope he signs, and McMahon, and O'Sucksalot get the boot..

I also wouldn't mind Pinkston.. He would be a cheaper option then Branch, but I still like the idea of Branch in purple.. Lets just wait it out and see what happens..

Formo
08-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I like all these moves with one exception...

They better not send anything higher than a 6th round pick for Pinkston.

Otherwise, adding more depth to our WR position is a nice touch, and Pinkston could be a nice addition with knowing the offense.

I think it's common sense that Feely > McMahan.
Mike has been HORRIBLE, and if we do get Feely, I won't be so nervous if BJ gets hurt.
I know T-Jack will be at least a solid QB in our future, but if Brad gets hurt early this season, it wouldn't be the most intellegent move to start Jackson.
Give him a full year of learning the system and being molded by BJ and Childress, THEN start him next year.

Torontovik15
08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I really hope they dont waste a pick on Todd pinkston, he is useless.
My next door neighbour is a huge philly fan, I used to laugh at all the time TP dropped the ball cause he was afraid to get hit.
100% useless especially in a short pass offence.

I like the signing of another QB, someone better to TJ to learn from other then mister incomplete passer.

cajunvike
08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Sounds like good depth moves...especially Feeley...so that we can jettison McNotaman and probably O'Sucksalot!
Stinkston is a wash...a 4th WR at best...and maybe not even as good as Jason Carter or some of the other guys that have been busting their butts in training camp...same goes for Rashaun Woods.

NodakPaul
08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I know T-Jack will be at least a solid QB in our future, but if Brad gets hurt early this season, it wouldn't be the most intellegent move to start Jackson.
Give him a full year of learning the system and being molded by BJ and Childress, THEN start him next year.

I agree with you.
IF we pick up Feeley, I would not be surprised to see him in the #2 slot... at least at the beginning of the season.

ranasrule
08-29-2006, 10:29 PM
I think we should sign WOODS...i mean he was a 1st round pick and was thrown into a terrible situation is SF...also he was cut this year because he was injured and couldn't practice much....Feely would be the perfect No3 QB......and GOD i hope we don't sign Pinkston, i hate the guy hes a total wuss.

oakmage
08-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Personally I would prefer Freely over either of the other two never-beens that are currently on the roster

Ltrey33
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Per Doctolero on KFAN, former San Francisco 1st Round bust WR Rashaun Woods was practicing with the Vikes today. Apparently, he was all buddy buddy on the sideline today with his old receiving coach Darrell Wyatt, who just so happens to be our receivers coach. Not that unexpected or exciting, he's depth if in fact the ink is drying on his contract as we speak.

It is also being reported that the much awaited signing of QB A.J. Feeley is expected to happen within the next few days. McMahon will not play on Thursday, and although it is said to be because they want to try out O'Sullivan, the real reason is that Tarvaris Jackson has officially beaten him out for the #2 QB position. There is no reason to keep him around as a #3 QB and that is where A.J. comes in. Cheaper. Better. Altogether happier. Don't forget, not only is Feeley a Childress boy...he is also a Rick Spielman boy. It's gonna happen folks.

Another hot one making the rounds is that the Vikings may shop a future 6th or 7th round pick to Philadelphia for WR Todd Pinkston. This, as much as we probably don't like it, is most likely gonna happen as well. The Vikes may wait for his release, but if other teams get hot to trot for him and they don't want to take a chance, look for them to send Philly a small token of affection for a glorified gift.

Now noone flame me if none of these happen/happened.However they seem pretty realistic IMO.

Is that all per the dude on KFAN? That's nuts...that's a lot of moves to be making the 4th week of preseason! I think they're all beneficial though.

sleepagent
08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I agree with you.
IF we pick up Feeley, I would not be surprised to see him in the #2 slot... at least at the beginning of the season.

Agreed as well.

T-Jack needs to see some of the complicated defenses of the NFL from the sideline.

Mr. Purple
08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Is that all per the dude on KFAN? That's nuts...that's a lot of moves to be making the 4th week of preseason! I think they're all beneficial though.

Not sure...just came across it surfin another Viking board (.-3456/100 of PPO) and I saw it.Seems pretty legit tho.

Webby
08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Why didn't we get Jeff George?
Why o why?!
:o :o

PurplePeopleEaters
08-29-2006, 11:00 PM
What I don't understand is that if we're willing to go for a washed up garbage reciever like Pinkston, why not at least find out what the Pats want for Branch and try to work out a deal that fits both teams.

petrodemos
08-29-2006, 11:08 PM
if we can get a 6th and pinkston for our 8th round pick, then maybe i would consider stinkston for ballboy or water boy or something.

Vikes_King
08-29-2006, 11:13 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

So Rashaun Woods was the mystery WR, huh?
Not a huge surprise.
He isn't much, but depth is always good at WR.

This is a little more solid info regarding AJ Feely, although I am still not going to hold my breath.

And yes, Childress and Pinky have the Philly connection, but hopefully Coach Childress learned his lesson after McMahon...

and McMullen.

then only philly boy i'll give him props for is Hicks

kyleo1967
08-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm not so sure about these moves....patience please.
There are several players to be released.
Volek, charles rogers. tuiasosopo just to name a few.
Volek at least has significant reg season playing time.
And as someone here stated, taking a chance on a high pick receiver that was put into a bad situation...why not rogers.
He has a bigger upside.

jmho

damien927
08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
If they did sign Woods, it would probably just be to see him play in the last preseason game and if he plays great they keep him.
Most likely it is just and old coach/friend giving him a chance at the team albeit unlikely.

ChiTownVike
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt mind gettin Woods. He was a STUD at OSU. I want Branch though! Oh Well, its better than nothin

boognish
08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

And as someone here stated, taking a chance on a high pick receiver that was put into a bad situation...why not rogers.
He has a bigger upside.

jmho

Volek will not be getting released; Rogers is a freakin' drug addict; tuiasosopo needs to go back to Husky land and relive his glory days 'cause he ain't cut out for the NFL.

kyleo1967
08-29-2006, 11:50 PM
....and asn't Feely like this biggest black mark on Spielman tenure in miami.
He traded too much and Feely ended up sucking in miami.
Would Spielman do that again?

UndisputedVike
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't mind any of those pickups...just as long as Pinkston doesn't alligator arm any passes. Upside to him he won't drop easy passes as Travis Taylor does.

kyleo1967
08-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Quote from: kyleo1967 on Today at 08:16:11 pm
He has a bigger upside.

jmho

Volek will not be getting released; Rogers is a freakin' drug addict; tuiasosopo needs to go back to Husky land and relive his glory days 'cause he ain't cut out for the NFL.

Dude,
I'm just throwing some names out there. the point is there will be many more released.
We don't need to jump on the first few released.

audioghost
08-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Volek is inked in as the starter in Tennessee....fat chance he will get cut

Feeley is a solid 3rd option at QB and anything is an
upgrade on McMahon's sub-50% completion percentage....

Rashaun Woods was insane in college and maybe just deserves a chance with a team that actually has a decent QB....(the niners haven't since Young left)

Pinkston is so-so....

I hate picking up some of these guys because I think Jason Carter deserves a roster spot....

Williamson
Taylor
Robinson
Pinkston
Woods
Carter

Sounds OK to me....not great by any means, but OK....good enough to get us somewhere....especially if the run game picks up

FuadFan
08-30-2006, 12:07 AM
I'd be fine with giving Woods a try in the final game and signing Feeley might improve the depth chart over the other two but if we try to get Pinkston it would be the first move we made that I would be pissed at Childress for making it the first time i heard about it.

boognish
08-30-2006, 12:11 AM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/644051.html

Looks like Woods isn't in the equation.

• The Vikings worked out former San Francisco 49ers receiver Derrick Hamilton on one of their outdoor fields after Tuesday's practice. Hamilton, 24, was a third-round draft pick of the 49ers in 2004. He played two games at the end of his rookie season but missed all of last season after tearing a ligament in his left knee during an offseason workout. The 49ers released him on Aug. 11. Hamilton played receiver and returned punts and kickoffs at Clemson.

Garland Greene
08-30-2006, 12:28 AM
"boognish" wrote:

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/644051.html

Looks like Woods isn't in the equation.

• The Vikings worked out former San Francisco 49ers receiver Derrick Hamilton on one of their outdoor fields after Tuesday's practice. Hamilton, 24, was a third-round draft pick of the 49ers in 2004. He played two games at the end of his rookie season but missed all of last season after tearing a ligament in his left knee during an offseason workout. The 49ers released him on Aug. 11. Hamilton played receiver and returned punts and kickoffs at Clemson.

Has there really been a good Wr that has played for The 49ers since Owens and Ruice left.
What was oit about Woods that made him a bust I do not rememeber

PurpleCrusader
08-30-2006, 12:28 AM
only memory of Rashaun Woods from OSU that I have is him scoring 7 tds in one game.
that alone is good enough reason for me to want them to give him a chance
;D

Garland Greene
08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

Quote from: kyleo1967 on Today at 08:16:11 pm
He has a bigger upside.

jmho

Dude,
I'm just throwing some names out there. the point is there will be many more released.
We don't need to jump on the first few released.

Correct lets wait and see I am sure there will be more and beter options out here

LuckyVike
08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

Volek is inked in as the starter in Tennessee....fat chance he will get cut

Wrong.
With Collins' arrival at TN Volek is indeed expected to get cut.
It was just talked about on NFL Total Access.
Definately not inked at starter atleast.

darkflood
08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

I wouldn't mind any of those pickups...just as long as Pinkston doesn't alligator arm any passes. Upside to him he won't drop easy passes as Travis Taylor does.

That was the rip on him when he came from the Ravens. I think he's been a lot better since he came to MN. I don't live in MN, but I've seen the games( thank you streamtvnow), and I've seen EASY catches dropped by ALL of our wide receivers. Are you saying that Pinkston is going to do a better job than T.Taylor has done for us? Can I have some of the stuff you're taking? I was going to post last years stats, but somehow, Pinkston doesn't have any. He'd be WAY better than T.Taylor ::)

The Dropper
08-30-2006, 02:41 AM
"Torontovik15" wrote:

I really hope they dont waste a pick on Todd pinkston, he is useless.
My next door neighbour is a huge philly fan, I used to laugh at all the time TP dropped the ball cause he was afraid to get hit.
100% useless especially in a short pass offence.

I like the signing of another QB, someone better to TJ to learn from other then mister incomplete passer.

I can think of a plethora of uses for TP, but I'm pretty sure catching footballs ain't one.

digital420
08-30-2006, 04:22 AM
hmmm..

not sure i'm sold on all the guys.. Def though get McSucksMyJock out and get ANY ONE in there..

DiGiTaL

Prophet
08-30-2006, 08:01 AM
POSTED 7:32 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:30 p.m. EDT, August 29, 2006
NEWS FLASH -- STINKSTON ON THE BLOCK
pft.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Less than a week after we posted a 48-second radio spot in which ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli nearly threatens to throw down with Penner and Mac of WFNZ in Charlotte after they dissed Eagles receiver Todd Pinkston, the P-man is once again declaring his man-love for the pad-wearing scarecrow by making a cannonball splash with the news that Pinkston and agent Joe Segal have received permission to seek a trade.

Stop the freakin' presses, baby.
Stinkston is available! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2565423)

The story isn't only on the ESPN.com NFL page, but as of this posting it's smack-dab in the middle of the ESPN.com front page.
(Len now owes someone in the editorial department a huge favor.)

And Len takes his devotion to Pinkston and Segal to new heights by suggesting that "[a]t least two of the three receiver-needy franchises would likely view Pinkston as a starter, if he is healthy."

Would "likely" view Pinkston as a starter?
"Likely"?
(Gee, who's the source on that?)

Pinkston is expendable because the Eagles have acquired receiver Donte' Stallworth.
And as Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on Tuesday's Total Access, Pinkston will likely be cut unless the Eagles suffer an injury elsewhere on the depth chart at the wideout position.

We've already received a flood of e-mails from readers, who based on our past reports can see right through what Len is doing.
He's trying to help out his pal Joel by propping up a Segal client whose NFL career is quickly swirling down the drain.

Pinkston?
A starter?
That's almost as funny as hearing Joey Sunshine say that college quarterbacks turned receivers can only be successful if they're short.

UndisputedVike
08-30-2006, 08:20 AM
"darkflood" wrote:

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

That was the rip on him when he came from the Ravens. I think he's been a lot better since he came to MN. I don't live in MN, but I've seen the games( thank you streamtvnow), and I've seen EASY catches dropped by ALL of our wide receivers. Are you saying that Pinkston is going to do a better job than T.Taylor has done for us? Can I have some of the stuff you're taking? I was going to post last years stats, but somehow, Pinkston doesn't have any. He'd be WAY better than T.Taylor ::)

Hehe, well I could always look back to previous years where Pinkston was clutch in the playoffs and the Superbowl for the Eagles, he didn't drop passes thrown his way to often, Taylor hasn't been better since he came here he did this last year, it was just overshadowed.

Taylor buckles under pressure, everytime he's given a chance to shine he folds, Pinkston atleast stays fair, I'd rather have Pinkston than Taylor to be honest. But I mean if you think Taylor is better than I guess he is with no questions.
::)

Del Rio
08-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Just say no to Pinkston.

Prophet
08-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Talk about a pussie.
Look at the clip of Pinkston pussie in the first paragraph.

=========================================================

POSTED 9:24 a.m. EDT, August 30, 2006
BUYER BEWARE ON PINKSTON
pft.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

For anyone who might be interested in throwing a seventh-round draft pick (or maybe something slightly more valuable like a block of government cheese) to the Eagles for receiver Todd Pinkston, we highly recommend that you review this clip (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ls794MhIkU4&mode=related&search) from YouTube of Stinkston displaying what Joey Sunshine aptly dubs "alligator body."

It's a play from an Eagles-Redskins game on ESPN's Sunday night football, and Pinkston while tracking down a long pass turns his shoulder to avoid a hit from safety Ryan Clark.

"Unbelievable!" exclaimed Theismann
"You've heard of alligator arms, this is alligator body.
Todd Pinkston has got a touchdown. . . .
He does not wanna get hit. . . .
This is a great way to lose your job as a receiver in the National Football League."

So as to that classic question posed by ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli as to whether Penner and Mac of WFNZ in Charlotte have "ever gone over the middle against an NFL secondary (http://www.profootballtalk.com/LenCut.mp3)," the correct answer is "No . . . and neither has Todd Stinkston."

Back to Joey Sunshine, we'll admit that it pains up to give him props for calling out Stinkston's yellow-streak behavior.
But, then again, we've got a feeling that there's another clip floating around in cyberspace from another Eagles-Redskins game in which Stinkston makes a similar "please don't hurt me" move, and Joey Sunshine offers up something like this:

"You know, the challenge in the National Football League is to stay healthy for seventeen weeks.
And if a player believes that he's going to put himself in danger just to make one play in one game, then I think he should do everything in his power to protect his body.
Todd Pinkston just helped his team by ensuring that he'd be able to continue to play football this season.
Good for him."

Mr-holland
08-30-2006, 10:07 AM
that's really pussyish, afraid to get hit by the safety.
prick

cajunvike
08-30-2006, 10:25 AM
"PurpleCrusader" wrote:

only memory of Rashaun Woods from OSU that I have is him scoring 7 tds in one game.
that alone is good enough reason for me to want them to give him a chance
;D

Just because he catches touchdowns....I don't know if I want to take a chance on someone who only catches touchdowns!
LOL

Mr. Purple
08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
That Pinkson video is pretty sad.I cant beleive he would do that.What are you gonna do huh?If we get him, i'll welcome him with open arms.

Del Rio
08-30-2006, 10:40 AM
He won't return the favor of open arms to you.

Json
08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
That video shows that Pinkston is a lame duck.
He needs to stay away from the Vikings.
Far, far, away.

whackthepack
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I would rather try Woods and see if the Viking's can salvage his career and maybe get somebody that can still turn into something than what you know you are going to get from Pinkston.

Woods got stuck on a bad team and didn't have a great 1st year, then he was injured last year.
I would rather try and resurrect him from the dead than get Pinkston who also didn't play last year becasue of injury.

Woods was a 2004 1st round draft pick, here is his draft profile from 2004.

Rashaun Woods
Position: Wide receiver

College: Oklahoma State
Height: 6-2

Weight: 202

Hometown: Oklahoma City, Okla.

Analysis | Agility | High School | Personal

OVERVIEW
One of college football's elite players, Woods went on to break every school and Big 12 Conference season and career records for receiving … The two-time All-American also established a collegiate record after catching seven touchdown passes vs. Southern Methodist in 2003 … Spent his senior campaign grooming his brother, D'Juan, to take over for him as the Cowboys' main offensive threat next year … The two brothers had the rare pleasure of finishing 1-2 among the team's receivers in 2003, as the tandem accounted for 108 receptions for 1,846 yards and 16 touchdowns for OSU … A starter since the early part of his freshman season, Rashaun went on to catch 293 passes for 4,414 yards (15.1 avg.) and 42 touchdowns, topping the previous Big 12 records of 205 catches for 2,704 yards by Justin Gage of Missouri (1999-2002) and 22 scores by Quincy Morgan of Kansas State (1999-2000) … Became the eighth player in NCAA Division 1-A annals to gain over 1,000 yards receiving in a season three times in a career (last one to accomplish that feat was Trevor Insley of Nevada, 1997-99 — 1,151 in 1997, 1,220 in 1998 and 2,060 in 1999) … Only Troy Edwards of Louisiana Tech (50, 1996-98) and Aaron Turner of Pacific (43, 1989-92) had more touchdown catches in NCAA history … Only Arnold Jackson of Louisville (300, 1997-2000), Insley (298) and Geoff Noisy of Nevada (295, 1995-98) had more receptions in Division 1-A annals … Only Insley (5,005) and Marcus Harris of Wyoming (4,518, 1993-95) had more yards receiving in a career in NCAA history.
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a well-defined body with solid lower body and calf development and room in his upper body to add additional bulk … Has good quickness in and out of his breaks, showing sudden movements to get open and gain yardage after the catch … Gets off the line of scrimmage and into his routes immediately … Runs outstanding pass routes, showing crispness and explosive stop-and-go agility … Reads coverages well, making proper adjustments on the run … Can turn a short catch into a big play with his speed … Has strong hands and the ability to catch away from the body's frame … Remains focused and has great toughness catching in a crowd (will take the hit and hold on) … His speed and hip swerve allows him to elude defenders after the catch … Has excellent leg drive and strength to break arm tackles and drag defenders for extra yardage … Willing blocker who will not back down from a fight, getting good position and hand placement on the defender … Role model-type who can handle pressure … Has the separation speed to defeat most defensive backs in the deep zone … Relishes his role as the go-to receiver and has proven to be the difference-maker with the game on the line.
Negatives: Few, if any flaws in his game, but could do a better job of tracking the ball in over his shoulder on deep routes (has misjudged these passes on more than one occasion).

AGILITY TESTS
4.47 in the 40-yard dash … 300-pound bench press … 400-pound squat … 288-pound power clean … 39-inch vertical jump … 4.05 20-yard shuttle … 32-inch arm length … 10 1/8-inch hands … Right-handed.
HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Millwood (Oklahoma City, Okla.) High, playing football for coach Don Willis … SuperPrep All-American and two-way starter as a senior … Had 57 receptions for 1,125 yards and 11 touchdowns on offense … On defense, he had 47 total tackles and seven interceptions … Teammate of Oklahoma State defensive back Elbert Craig … Earned all-state honors from the Daily Oklahoman on defense and the Tulsa World on offense … Also a Coaches Association all-state selection … Daily Oklahoman Blue Chipper and rated one of the top prospects in the state by most recruiting services.
PERSONAL
Health Education major … Brother, D'Juan was a teammate and standout receiver for Oklahoma State in 2003, finishing second on the team to Rashaun with 31 receptions for 479 yards (15.1 avg.) and a score … Cousin, JoRuth Woods, played basketball at Texas … Son of Juana and Lawrence Woods … Born Rashaun Dorrell Woods on Oct. 17, 1980, in Oklahoma City, Okla.

jargomcfargo
08-30-2006, 11:42 AM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

....and asn't Feely like this biggest black mark on Spielman tenure in miami.
He traded too much and Feely ended up sucking in miami.
Would Spielman do that again?

Feely was originally drafted 5th round and Spielman gave up a second round pick to get him.
To put it in historical perspective,Miami was desparate and Feely had gone 4-1 subbing for McNabb, including a playoff win with Philly.
So he looked pretty bright and shiny to Spielman at the time.He got tarnished up pretty bad in Miami.
Spielman brought in a lot of never will be's in Miami.
Feely may be the logical choice for backup this year but it's tough having people on the roster you hope never play.

spikecyrus
08-30-2006, 11:54 AM
whackthepack
great read,
off the subject a little, I played high school ball with trevor insley at san clemente (CA) I lined up against him every day of practice, an exceptional football player. he spent a short time with the colts, he came in with stokeley I think, trevor is now coaching.
I am content with the WRs as of now, but like
the competion.

VikingPatrick
08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
just heard on ESPN radio that Pinkston was outright CUT.....He is availble for nothin...
just what hes worth!! NOTHIN!!

dixieVKNG
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Stinkston isn't even worth the cost of getting him to our practice facility...I didn't think he was too awful bad...until that video...wow...looser.
The Pack may need some WR depth though.
I went to OSU during Woods last year there...he has so much upside...give the guy a shot.
Woods compared to a charles rodgers...Woods is a model citizen, and if that is what we are trying to build this team around, he would fit that mold.

Prophet
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
More of the same rumors.
Hope he stays far away.

KFFL
Vikings | Team may be interested in Pinkston
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:43:25 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports there figures to be a handful of teams with varying degrees of interest in free agent WR Todd Pinkston (Eagles). One of those teams could be the Minnesota Vikings, who could use a veteran wide receiver to augment their current corps. Vikings head coach Brad Childress is the former offensive coordinator of the Eagles and is familiar with Pinkston's history. When Pinkston's name was put up for trade, three teams had indicated an interest in him to agent Joel Segal. What most teams will have to determine in considering Pinkston is the status of his health.

Benet
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Of course Len Pastabelli links us with Todd Stinkston, Len's in Joe Segal's pockets!

Ltrey33
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Wow...that video certainly says a lot. Way to put your body on the line out there! I can't beleive the Eagles made as many NFC Championships as they did with Pinkston and Freddie Bitchell as their receivers.