PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hate the Eagles now?

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I actually used to like Donovan and I liked the Eagles, but since PhillyGirl came here I have lost respect for the fans especially, and the team. Clearly she is here just to "start something up." She does not site facts, only makes incorrect assumptions. And she fails to either respond to posts in all, or she fails to respond to them with any valid information.

I am actually partially a Philly sports fan, I love the Flyers, but now I have a growing passion against the Eagles. I was cheering for them last year, but now i hope they make it to the championship game again, and lose for the fourth straight time. It would make it even more sweet if they lost that game against the Vikes.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but I actually used to like Donovan and I liked the Eagles, but since PhillyGirl came here I have lost respect for the fans especially, and the team. Clearly she is here just to "start something up." She does not site facts, only makes incorrect assumptions. And she fails to either respond to posts in all, or she fails to respond to them with any valid information.

You're kidding right? Do the mods let this kind of garbage posts stick?

Again, until you respond to my initial questions with reponses where you don't call the QB of the Eagles "McScab", I won't respond to yours.

Viking_Spirit
09-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't like the Eagles. Don't know why, but they are one of the teams I hate the most.

I also don't like their fans too much.

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 03:11 PM
What question is that?
Would that be the question do I think Pepper would succeed in Phili?
Becasuse if it is the answer is yes. They are the only two quarterbacks out of that class to have survived this long.

Do I think Daunte is better then Mcnabb? I think Mcnabb has done more with less like you eluded to by calling your WR's garbage. But overall I feel Pepper is the better QB.

How can someone as defensive as you are, and how quick to call people names and criticize people's opinions, and grammar be crying for a MOD?
This is a Vikings forum.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:13 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

What question is that?
Would that be the question do I think Pepper would succeed in Phili?
Becasuse if it is the answer is yes. They are the only two quarterbacks out of that class to have survived this long.

Do I think Daunte is better then Mcnabb? I think Mcnabb has done more with less like you eluded to by calling your WR's garbage. But overall I feel Pepper is the better QB.

How can someone as defensive as you are, and how quick to call people names and criticize people's opinions, and grammar be crying for a MOD?
This is a Vikings forum.
I never made fun of anyone's grammar. I made fun of a guy claiming to know what he is talking about and not even knowing a top player's name.

And go back and read my post in the ACTUAL THREAD IT WAS POSTED IN.

Cripes, does this forum have an ignore feature? Del Rio, you're way out of hand. If you spent as much time reading my posts as you do whining about them, maybe you'd gain more.

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Phillygirl I can't read :shaking:

I have read so many of my own posts that I have become as stupid as a human can possibly be.

I apologize.

jackyl
09-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Yep I hate them. Their fans don't help the situation much either.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Yep I hate them. Their fans don't help the situation much either.
Says the Cowboys fan. LOL :lol:

jackyl
09-15-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah congrats on all your rings. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/jackyl_c4/think.gif

ADubya26
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I dont know if you guys remember me, but I used to be Metrodome27, and i started a thread on what teams people hate most...of course my number one was the Eagles. I dont think it is the team that irks me, but rather the fans and people who compare McNabb to god and belittle Culpepper's abilities in comparison to him. I do believe that McNabb is a good quarterback, no doubt - but his inaccuracy and tendency to choke in the NFC title game every year make me believe he is short of extraordinary. Granted, Culpepper has had Moss to throw to during his career, but he has also had to deal with a team rated in the bottom of the league in defense(Eagles used to be top 5 for a few years). This game is so important to me because now Eagles fans can't say they dont have a big receiver, or make any other excuses for McNabb. To me, this game is my Daunte Culpepper vs. their Donovan McNabb; my Randy Moss vs. their Terrell Owens, etc, etc. I just want to be able to silence those people who have been taunting me over the past few seasons about the Eagles. This game is going to be huge! Go Vikes!!

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:30 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

yeah congrats on all your rings. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/jackyl_c4/think.gif
And some things never change. When in doubt about the current team...Cowboys fans turn to the ring comment. Its about as predictable as Parcells' bra size. :thumbleft:

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

I dont know if you guys remember me, but I used to be Metrodome27, and i started a thread on what teams people hate most...of course my number one was the Eagles. I dont think it is the team that irks me, but rather the fans and people who compare McNabb to god and belittle Culpepper's abilities in comparison to him. I do believe that McNabb is a good quarterback, no doubt - but his inaccuracy and tendency to choke in the NFC title game every year make me believe he is short of extraordinary. Granted, Culpepper has had Moss to throw to during his career, but he has also had to deal with a team rated in the bottom of the league in defense(Eagles used to be top 5 for a few years). This game is so important to me because now Eagles fans can't say they dont have a big receiver, or make any other excuses for McNabb. To me, this game is my Daunte Culpepper vs. their Donovan McNabb; my Randy Moss vs. their Terrell Owens, etc, etc. I just want to be able to silence those people who have been taunting me over the past few seasons about the Eagles. This game is going to be huge! Go Vikes!!
I'm not quite sure where you get that stuff?

I don't ever recall reading where anyone has ever belittled Culpepper's abilities at all.

ADubya26
09-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Philly Girl- Im not saying all Philly Fans, I know you have no said anything to the effect of what i wrote. I am talking on more of a personal basis, like my friends and other Philly fans I know. I wasnt trying to aim my comments at you.

jackyl
09-15-2004, 03:38 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

And some things never change. When in doubt about the current team...Cowboys fans turn to the ring comment. Its about as predictable as Parcells' bra size. :thumbleft:

Ok current team them... You still managed to successfully blow 3 NFC Championships in a row.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:40 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Philly Girl- Im not saying all Philly Fans, I know you have no said anything to the effect of what i wrote. I am talking on more of a personal basis, like my friends and other Philly fans I know. I wasnt trying to aim my comments at you.
Oh, I know...I just can't imagine what knowledgable fan would say something ridiculous like that. But then again, all fanbases have their own nitwits. ;)

And Cowboyfan...until the Cowboys can start beating the eagles (not counting the game last year when McNabb had the broken thumb) on a consistent basis...you really don't have much room to talk. Better to be there then not at all.

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Don't bother arguing with her. She will just keep skirting the subject. Then play a victim. Then try to talk some more trash. If they had rings they would flaunt them as well.

But I do have to say the Walker trade for like 8 draft picks gave you guys your Jimmy Johnson superbowls. Just another Viking blunder that backfired in the worst way.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:44 PM
huh? what are you talking about? Skirting WHAT subject? The Dallas/Philly arguments are lifelong arguments. DallasFan knows what I am talking about. ;) We were born arguing with each other. :lol:

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah that's a rivalry I know nothing about only that it is a big one.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 03:50 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yeah that's a rivalry I know nothing about only that it is a big one.

Think Packers/Vikings. Vile hatred. LOL...its great. I love it.

jackyl
09-15-2004, 04:00 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

But I do have to say the Walker trade for like 8 draft picks gave you guys your Jimmy Johnson superbowls. Just another Viking blunder that backfired in the worst way.

I totally agree!!. The Vikes could've had Emmitt and Woodson and rings all over had Herschel stayed in Dallas. :salute:

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 04:23 PM
PhillyGirl, First off get off of the "oh he called mcnabb a name so I am going to cry and not respond because I know nothing about what he is talking about" bullshit. Respond to the post, dont sidestep it like you are. Lets put it this way, you struggle. If you want to make a point that your team will beat our team, then fine, do it. But so far I HAVE read ALL of your posts and I see no substantial evedence ever posted by you on exactly HOW you are better or HOW you would beat us.

As stated before I have only seen incorrect assumptions on your part. So why dont you step up, stop crying about sh*t on a VIKINGS board, and defend your team with some dignity. The more you sidestep and the more you use bullshit responses the less respect I have for yo uand for your team. I never called McNabb McScabb before you came here, I actually HAD a lot of respect for the organization. As I said before, aside from the Vikings I had actually cheered them on, but you have brought the team down.

I suggest yo ueither start representing your team on this site with some dignity, like many packer and cowboy fans on this site have, or you just leave now with no response and keep the damage to your team where it is, instead of lowering the philly standards as you already have. BTW I am stilla Flyers fan after all this, dont ruin that too...

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 04:28 PM
I have never said we WOULD beat you. Continue to put words in my mouth, at this point, you're just ignored. Every other poster on here but you has seen my side of the debate and agreed or said that I brought up points that should be read into. However, you insist on stooping to levels of a child.

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 04:38 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

I have never said we WOULD beat you. Continue to put words in my mouth, at this point, you're just ignored. Every other poster on here but you has seen my side of the debate and agreed or said that I brought up points that should be read into. However, you insist on stooping to levels of a child.

Wow, thats a real mature answer to my post........how bout you go back, read the whole thing, then respond to my post...

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I agree somewhat with you sasser. No worries :D

I don't have a problem with the team. They are a dang good team. I've heard from a bunch of people on here that Philly fans suck ass, but I never have met one so I can't say.

I gave up on the previous topics about comparing offense and Qb's there's no point we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Both good teams, gonna be a great game.

outcast316
09-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I don’t know about anybody else here but I really like the Eagles(2004 Divisional Playoff game). Do I think Mcnabb is over-rated? I just look at the facts and look at what he has done with crap receivers. I know it is way to early to make this comparison but Mcnabb reminds me a little of Farve just more mobile. We all should empathize with Eagle's fans they have been to the NFC Champ game 3 years in a row and cannot seem to get the big victory. As Viking fans we all know how it feels to get to the big game and choke.

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 04:56 PM
I know, I agree that McNabb has done some good stuff with sub par recievers. But still I feel like PhillyGirl is presenting it in a totally disrespecful way seeing that she is on a Vikings web site. If you want to compair McNab and Culpepper and get cheered for it go back to your philly site.

ItalianStallion
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
First off, let me just state that I don't really know what is going on between Kleinsasser-DelRio-PhillyGirl but it all sounds like a whole bunch of bitching and complaining. Geez you'd think we'd be used to trashtalkers on this site by now, don't get so worked up.

But anyway, I am really looking forward to this Monday night game. I think it will be one of the toughest games this season, and should be really entertaining. I think Philly has a slight edge because they are at home.

Finally I hate when people are comparing Daunte and McNabb and say McNabb is better because he had average receivers, whereas Daunte has Moss. Pleeez, McNabb has played with better defenses in ever year he has been there than Daunte has ever played with. And I can tell you right now that an entire defense has alot more to do with victories and playoff performance than 1 WR.

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 05:45 PM
:thumbright:

sdvikefan
09-15-2004, 05:45 PM
This is why I love the Internet...a Cowboys fan and an Eagles fan ripping each other on a Vikings board that trashes the Packers.

Rivalries are just more fun with the internet around.

ndakvikefan
09-15-2004, 06:09 PM
I have not seen philligirls Mcnabb VS Culpepper post, but if it was that Mcnabb is a better QB she is high. Like someone said earlier he has done more with less but that is the end of it. Mcnabb is the most overated QB in the league I think. Notice I said QB, at the same time he is one of the very best atheletes in the league. In no particular order, Favre, T. Green,Culpepper,Manning, Bulger, Brady, and Bledsoe are all better QB's. Mcnabb uses his athletic ability to help his team win, not his gratness as a QB.
Culpepper VS Mcnabb.
Mcnabb: 71 games, 57.3% completion, 188 passing yards/game, 80.3 QB rating, 32 yards/ game rushing, 91 TD passes

Pepper: 59 games 63.1% completion, 239 passing yards/game, 89.4 rating, 33 yards / game rushing, 95 TD passes.
The only stat Mcnabb is better than pepper is int's.
Pepper is the better QB but Mcnabb is a spectacular football player that has done more with less, BUT, another way to look at this is; Yes Mcnabb has done more with less but he only had to do less. Confused??? With all the great defenses Philly has had since Mcnabb's arrival how much has he really had to do? 17 points probobly wins most games. Now with Pepper he may have had Moss and Carter early on (and that is the only thing on offense that MCnabb has lacked) but he needed them to help score 27 points per game in order to win. The Vikings defense has sucked with Pepper. So when you look at it like that who has really done more with less, Mcnabb could suck with his defense and still win but if Pepper was off his game with the Vikes D they LOSE unless the opponent really sucks.

hovan
09-15-2004, 06:24 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

but since PhillyGirl came here I have lost respect for the fans especially, and the team. Clearly she is here just to "start something up." She does not site facts, only makes incorrect assumptions. And she fails to either respond to posts in all, or she fails to respond to them with any valid information.

Sounds like a typical Banwagon Football fan...or one of those Women Football fans who just like the team for the Color..or cause "To is so Buff" :pukeright:

Let it roll off JimmyK40, cause they don't really understand what its like to be on the field bleeding, sweating, and giving your self to the game. So let her get her nails done in Kelly Green and white and Don her Overated number 9 jersey and ask her to name her favorite Eagle Player from the 80's..oh thats right..she hadn't jumped on the Wagon yet!!! :rabbit:

LosAngelis
09-15-2004, 06:27 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

This is why I love the Internet...a Cowboys fan and an Eagles fan ripping each other on a Vikings board that trashes the Packers.

Rivalries are just more fun with the internet around. :thumbleft:

hovan
09-15-2004, 06:36 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

Rivalries are just more fun with the internet around. :thumbleft:

LOS, :rr: are you pleased with Your team? Do you think they have a chance against Us??

VKG4LFE
09-15-2004, 06:40 PM
[quote="ItalianStallion"]But anyway, I am really looking forward to this Monday night game. I think it will be one of the toughest games this season, and should be really entertaining. I think Philly has a slight edge because they are at home.quote]

Finally someone that is realistic about Monday night like me! I think we have a great shot at winning, but it is in Philly and it will be a great game will the edge going to Philly!

VKG4LFE
09-15-2004, 06:45 PM
[quote="Del Rio"]I don't have a problem with the team. They are a dang good team. I've heard from a bunch of people on here that Philly fans suck ass, but I never have met one so I can't say.quote]

I have been to Philly and the fans there are terrible. If the team is doing good, things are fine, but the moment things go bad all hell breaks loose! I was only in Philly during the baseball season and I went to a Phillies/Twins game. Once the Twins were winning, the boo birds came out, they wanted to kill the pitcher, the team sucked, I heard everything from those fans! I'm not trying to stereotype Philly fans, because I know we all have our bandwagon/jackass fans, but they just seemed to be worse than fans in other parts of the nation (Baltimore, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc.) Just my opinion!

LosAngelis
09-15-2004, 06:58 PM
"hovan" wrote:

LOS, :rr: are you pleased with Your team? Do you think they have a chance against Us??

Hey, Hov...you know as well as I do that those two games are going to be the featured events of the year. If I didn't think we had a chance, I wouldn't be that excited. And, if I didn't think the Vikes had a chance, I wouldn't be excited.

Tell ya what, Hov....this may be the most intense game we've played in years. And, if we do happen to win in Lambeau (I predict will happen), and we're close in the standings come December, its gonna be down and dirty on Christmas.

Webby
09-15-2004, 06:59 PM
hey, relax now.

hovan
09-15-2004, 07:09 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

Hey, Hov...you know as well as I do that those two games are going to be the featured events of the year. If I didn't think we had a chance, I wouldn't be that excited. And, if I didn't think the Vikes had a chance, I wouldn't be excited.

Tell ya what, Hov....this may be the most intense game we've played in years. And, if we do happen to win in Lambeau (I predict will happen), and we're close in the standings come December, its gonna be down and dirty on Christmas.

One of us is going to have a great Chritmas Present. :king:

bigdogbovy
09-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Back on the eagles. They are a decent team and have choking in common with us. Do I buy into the media dopes who think that McNabb is really really good. no is a he a good starting QB, yeah, will he be a HOF QB? doubtful, he has athleticism but that will last for only so long, he lacks passing acuracy to have the logevity needed to be a great one. The pepp has the acuracy!!

Viking_Spirit
09-15-2004, 08:06 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

We Viking fans will be the one getting that great Christmas present :D

vikingsalltheway
09-15-2004, 08:10 PM
"Viking_Spirit" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

We Viking fans will be the one getting that great Christmas present :D

Hopefully VS but dont guarantee anything.

NeoVikesTX
09-15-2004, 11:30 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

OK PhillyGirl, I had to point this out. You say that Bill Parcells needs to wear a bra? Have you even seen your teams head coach? Andy Reid looks like he needs to wear a sports bra and start the Subway diet.

ADubya26
09-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Yeah Andy Reid is a slob...but I think Parcells has his beat on the jugs, hands down.

PhillyGirl
09-16-2004, 06:53 AM
"hovan" wrote:

Sounds like a typical Banwagon Football fan...or one of those Women Football fans who just like the team for the Color..or cause "To is so Buff" :pukeright:

Let it roll off JimmyK40, cause they don't really understand what its like to be on the field bleeding, sweating, and giving your self to the game. So let her get her nails done in Kelly Green and white and Don her Overated number 9 jersey and ask her to name her favorite Eagle Player from the 80's..oh thats right..she hadn't jumped on the Wagon yet!!! :rabbit:
Considering I've been a season ticket holder with my father since I was in diapers (living through the Marion Campbell and Rich Kotite nightmares an still staying loyal), taking over his tickets in 2000 when I could afford them on my own...and I help run an Eagles website....you're way off base. Instead of just assuming, I'd take the time to read through MY posts instead of going off a guy's post who acts/posts like Mommy just gave him an hour's worth of computer time.

I have a) never been called a bandwagon fan and b) never been crapped on because I'm a woman. My posts have already answered any question about that.

I can't believe how incredibly off-base your post was. :scratch:

PhillyGirl
09-16-2004, 06:56 AM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

I have not seen philligirls Mcnabb VS Culpepper post, but if it was that Mcnabb is a better QB she is high.
Instead of making a comment like that, go back and READ WHAT I WROTE. :x I responded to fans on here saying things like, "Culpepper is a MUCH, MUCH better than McNabb." When I read that, you're damn straight I am going to point out that McNabb has had 4 garbage #1 WRs.

No, wait....if you want to read what I wrote about this, its in a few different posts. But don't you dare sit here and assume I said something that I didnt.

PhillyGirl
09-16-2004, 06:57 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

OK PhillyGirl, I had to point this out. You say that Bill Parcells needs to wear a bra? Have you even seen your teams head coach? Andy Reid looks like he needs to wear a sports bra and start the Subway diet.

Actually, Reid is round all around. LOL. Parcells is very um, top heavy? :wink: And my post was in jest.

Foreman44
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

...and I help run an Eagles website....

Care to share the URL of this website with us?
And also, what is the URL of the Eagles fan forum online?
I'd like to take a peek at either. Thanks

:rr:

hovan
09-17-2004, 02:38 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:
[quote] Sounds like a typical Banwagon

I can't believe how incredibly off-base your post was. :scratch:

Just testing you Kid.... I like a woman who can dish it out and talk a little football. But you know the ones I'm talking about right? The metrodome has em too...these fat Women with Purple Eyelashes and their Frosted bangs...booing Culpepper all last year and now they went out and bought their brand new number 11 jersey. First bad game he has..they will be booing him again. Some men are just as bad...

Los.....If the Viking lose on Christmas to the Packers...and don't win the Superbowl, its going to take me years to get over it..unlike the last Loss. :drunken:

hawaiianvike21
09-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Cant hate the eagles when you have mcnabb and the eagles d on your fantasy football team. :D Mcnabb made me proud last week with those four tds.

Other then that how can we hate, we dont have any kind or rivalry with them both currently and in the past. Eagles are just like any other team outside of the division. WE play them and move on unlike our division rivalries where we play them twice every single year guaranteed and hold the most grudge against each other.

Kleinsasser40
09-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Why wont you give us your web site PhillyGirl?

sdvikefan
09-17-2004, 04:44 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Cant hate the eagles when you have mcnabb and the eagles d on your fantasy football team. :D Mcnabb made me proud last week with those four tds.

Other then that how can we hate, we dont have any kind or rivalry with them both currently and in the past. Eagles are just like any other team outside of the division. WE play them and move on unlike our division rivalries where we play them twice every single year guaranteed and hold the most grudge against each other.

Well you can have rivalries with teams outside your division. I think we kind of have a rivalry with the Giants, this will be the fifth year in a row we've played them. I don't know about anybody else but I am really starting to hate them. Also we kind of have a rivalry building with the Seahawks, this will be the third year we play them and we're both emerging as playoff contenders. IF we both win division titles this year, we'll play them again next year too!

pudgesoprano
09-17-2004, 04:56 AM
i dont hate the eagles why hate them last year they beat the packers and put stop to that destiny sh!t

i like mcnabb,owens,the two florida gators kearse and sheppard and the golden gophers own thomas tapeh

mcnabb is a great qb somewhere behide dc and mcnair i beleave

why hate the eagles when you got the packers to hate the gaints to hate the bears hate the mannings to hate

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 07:47 AM
"hovan" wrote:

Just testing you Kid.... I like a woman who can dish it out and talk a little football. But you know the ones I'm talking about right? The metrodome has em too...these fat Women with Purple Eyelashes and their Frosted bangs...booing Culpepper all last year and now they went out and bought their brand new number 11 jersey. First bad game he has..they will be booing him again. Some men are just as bad...

I know, I know. All you needed to see was the first 2 games of last year to see that here in Philly. Those idiots calling for JAY FEELY to start when McNabb was struggling. I turned to the idiot behind me in the stands who said that and was like, "Why do you want the Falcons' kicker starting at QB for us?" He had no clue what I was talking about. Idiot.

Not to mention, AJ Feeley couldn't have played in that game considering he was the emergency QB. Stupid "fans" make me want to punch them....and I'm only 5 feet tall. lol

Right now, Philly is one of the "in" teams. Its disgusting because bandwagon fans are ridiculous. Philly (and Minny) both have great, hardcore fanbases...with long, wonderful histories. Too bad the idiots have to hop on and off the bandwagon.

pudgesoprano
09-17-2004, 07:49 AM
in minnesota some people wanted gus last year and year before they wanted bouman people

PhillyGirl
09-17-2004, 07:50 AM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

why hate the eagles when you got the packers to hate the gaints to hate the bears hate the mannings to hate

Mannings.... :pukeright: all 3 of them

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3007882_7_2.jpg

pudgesoprano
09-17-2004, 07:52 AM
yup it always good to see the mannings get hit any one