PDA

View Full Version : Think Like A Champion....

LosAngelis
09-14-2004, 11:26 AM
...if that is what you believe.

I am sort of taken aback at all of the harsh anti-Packer comments today. From the press I've read, the Viking are picked to win the division, the conference, and in many cases, make it to the Super Bowl.

Why the heck are you getting so uptight about the Packers? For cripes sake, you guys won big on Sunday.

If you really are the class of the NFC, you should be worrying about Seattle, St. Louis, and primarily, the Eagles, who I still have pegged as division champs this year, and is your more immediate problem.

I really don't care if you guys rip on the Pack, or Favre, or whatever. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just wonder if you guys are thinking with such focus on the Packers, if you're believing the Vikes are going to be able to go all the way, or if you haven't regarded the upper echelon teams as your peers yet.

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Well I personally see the Pack as an upper team as well. And we play them 2 times. So they are a big concern.

Granted the Eagles are a concern at the moment, but I think we were all hoping to have the Pack fall flat on thier faces and they did the exact opposite. Just kind of an eye opener for me.

RandyMoss8404
09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
I don't care if I get flamed for this.

The Packers are BETTER than the Vikings until proven otherwise - end of story.

purplehorn
09-14-2004, 11:51 AM
The Pack looked better than I thought they would
last night. Certainly not someone to look past.
Of course I think we can beat em twice, but
I think that every year.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately I have to say that they looked better then us last night, but its week one.... When we beat the Eagles next monday THEN I will say that we are for sure the better team!! They have me worried!!!

muchluv4smoot
09-14-2004, 12:09 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Unfortunately I have to say that they looked better then us last night, but its week one.... When we beat the Eagles next monday THEN I will say that we are for sure the better team!! They have me worried!!!

Well, in week 1 last year, the vikes look much better than the pack. I don't think week 1 tells very much. We killed the pack, the pack made the playoffs and we didn't. The bills boot stomped the pats, that pats win the super bowl and the bills are one of the worst teams in the league. Don't take too much from week 1.

SKOL
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Not to take anything away from the Pack, but the way the Panthers played Monday they'll be an 8-8 team at best. Apparently they've dismantled their offensive line. That will make an average Quarterback a bad Quarterback and Steven Davis won't have half the year he had last year. Props to the Pack though, they went on the Road, and exposed the Panthers.

SKOL
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Los - this IS an anti-packer (aka: Packers Suck) sight. It's nothing personal. In the past you've always taken our Packer criticism with a grain of salt, and turn it around on us in a humorous fashion. My point is (and I will wear a hat to cover it) don't take us so seriously... you never have in the past.

VKG4LFE
09-14-2004, 01:55 PM
The packers played well last night and I give them a lot of credit to go and win that game on the road. But, I don't think they looked better than we did. On offense we moved the ball with ease, only punted twice and pretty much did what we wanted. The packers on the other hand struggled at times. 47 carries for only what 140 yards or so. Passing game wasn't terrific. Offensive line play was good as usual, but they didn't own Carolina, IMO. They got the W and that's all you need, but what really helped were the turnovers in their own part of the field (Carolina that is). Also, Sherman still has no balls kicking a FG on 4th and inches!!!

daredevil25
09-14-2004, 03:37 PM
LosAngelis, I want to say thank you for beating the Panthers. The Packers still look dangerous and Favre's SB or Bust statement seems to have motivated them. Only a few games last season did the Panthers look completely outmatched stride of stride and the Pack found a way to do it.

LosAngelis
09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Los - this IS an anti-packer (aka: Packers Suck) sight. It's nothing personal. In the past you've always taken our Packer criticism with a grain of salt, and turn it around on us in a humorous fashion. My point is (and I will wear a hat to cover it) don't take us so seriously... you never have in the past.

Oh, dude...I'm not taking it seriously at all. I just keep thinking that, in the mid-90's, we fans didn't think about the Vikings at all. We were focused on Dallas and SF as our rivals, and even though the Vikes were reasonably good at the time.

Actually, I'm kind of pleased you see the Pack as one of the top teams. I realistically place them at the bottom of the elite teams, with as much chance as any to make it to the NFC depending on injuries, luck, and moon phases.

I guess I'm also kind of giving you guys props, too, in a twisted way. If you wanna be champs, you have to think like champs. When you get to the NFC championship a few times, you kind of think beyond the usual rivalries. Personally, I think you guys have, and have always had the talent. Its the mental things that have seemed to have stopped you from going all the way.

And I am SO still funny!!! :bootyshake:

sdvikefan
09-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I really don't know what the hell you're talking about Los. There were several people on this board that had good things to say about the Packers after the game. I was personally very impressed with how they did and said as much in the Packers thread below. So did some of the others.

The impression I got is that most people believe it will once again be a heated race to the division title between the Packers and Vikings at least based on this first game results.

LosAngelis
09-14-2004, 05:58 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

I really don't know what the hell you're talking about Los. There were several people on this board that had good things to say about the Packers after the game. I was personally very impressed with how they did and said as much in the Packers thread below. So did some of the others.

The impression I got is that most people believe it will once again be a heated race to the division title between the Packers and Vikings at least based on this first game results.

Shees...maybe I'll just shut up now. I'm actually trying to be sort of giving you props and somehow I keep screwing up what I'm trying to say. Forget anything I said in this thread. *sigh* Where is my medication, anyway....

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Ditto

sdvikefan
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM
lol...I was just wondering where you were getting all these harsh comments and ripping on the Pack from. Most of what I saw was positive.

Look, it would be foolish for us not to be worried about the Packers. They are the two time division champs. Last year, heading into our second meeting, we were 6-0 and you guys were 3-4. There was little doubt in any Viking fans mind about who would win the division. But we know how things ended up. I don't care what the predictions say or how good everyone thinks the Vikings are...first things first, which is taking one game at a time, and also winning the division.

VKG4LFE
09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I know it's in the past, but had we won that game we would have won the division!! Just my opinion though!