PDA

View Full Version : Robinson was fiasco waiting to happen

COJOMAY
08-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Jim Souhan: Robinson was fiasco waiting to happen
In spite of red flags, in spite of a history of troubled receivers, in spite of knowing better, the Vikings gambled. And lost.
Jim Souhan, Star Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/150/story/621232.html
MANKATO - You can react to Koren Robinson's latest arrest with disgust or, if you are of a charitable bent, with sadness, but only a fool could react with surprise.

Robinson driving drunk is about as shocking as Mewelde Moore sitting out practice because of an injury.

As the news of Robinson's arrest for driving 104 miles per hour and trying to evade cops while drunk sends ripples through the new, "disciplined" Vikings, let us accurately target the blame for the team's latest scandal.

Robinson deserves most of it for behaving like a criminal. The Vikings' decision-makers deserve some for proving more gullible than the Minnesotans who thought Jesse Ventura would make a good governor.

Robinson did not just succumb to his addiction. He endangered lives.

Vikings apologists have expressed sympathy for Robinson because he is suffering from "a disease" and battling "demons."

Those are lame excuses for a serious lapse in judgment.

There is a level of alcoholism that engenders sympathy, and there is a level of alcoholism that engenders disdain, and Robinson crossed over that line long ago.

Sit in your room late at night "battling your demons" and guiltily sneak a drink, and you may earn a modicum of sympathy.

Hop into a car late at night and drive drunk in populated areas at 100 mph, letting down the team that employs you and the entourage that supports you, and you deserve disdain.

My parents were alcoholics. Their addictions lessened and shortened their lives, but they weren't in the habit of trying to outrun police cars.

In Seattle, Robinson threw away a prominent role in a dynamic offense by abusing alcohol and displaying erratic behavior. This led to the heartwarming tale of Robinson being refused entrance to jail because he was too drunk.

When you are too drunk to go to jail, alcohol is not your only problem.

If the Vikings want their 77-page Code of Conduct and their new Commitment to Discipline to be taken seriously, they need to cut all ties to Robinson.

When they acquired Robinson last year, I questioned why the people who traded Randy Moss because they were tired of headaches could acquire a less reputable and less accomplished player.

I received the usual 1,000 angry e-mails for failing to open my heart to a man in need.

Problem was, Robinson not only was a drunk, he was a drunk with a rap sheet.

The Vikings made a mistake when they acquired Robinson, and compounded that mistake when they signed him to a three-year deal, and those mistakes again reveal the gullibility of the Vikings' brain trust.

These people interviewed Fran "Faux" Foley, then actually hired him for a vital role in their organization, failing to do the fundamental homework that would have revealed him as a poseur.

These people interviewed Brad Childress and instantly decided he was their man. He might become a good coach, but an inexperienced brain trust might have benefited from a more inclusive search. (They liked Childress so much they wouldn't let him leave the Twin Cities for an interview in Green Bay.)

These people listened to Robinson's charming story about kicking his habit, then signed him to a three-year contract and installed him as their top receiver.

Robinson was not forced upon them by a previous regime. This is a player fully embraced by The Brain Trust.

In the past two days, I've heard three or four stories about Robinson falling off the wagon or breaking team rules. How did the Vikings, an organization deciding to spend millions on a key player, fail to discern that he was, at best, a high-risk proposition?

It's as if they had Foley do Robinson's background check.

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 07:45 AM
We won for one season. We protected ourselves with the writing of his contract.

Robinson lost the Vikings didn't lose.

whackthepack
08-18-2006, 08:05 AM
This is the one of the 2 reporters that have been writing negative things about the Vikings because Childress didn't bow down to them when he became headcoach.

He is a pro sports hater and every article he writes about the Vikings has a negative twist to it, he and Ruesse think it is their job to bring down every pro sports team in the Twin Cities.

Rastak
08-18-2006, 08:08 AM
"Del" wrote:

We won for one season. We protected ourselves with the writing of his contract.

Robinson lost the Vikings didn't lose.

That sure is an optimistic view Del. Are you sure we won't end up paying him any money this year? How about the negative publicity as the team tries to get a new stadium approved? How about the fact we could have looked at alternatives at KR and WR? How bad would the pub have been had he killed someone? Man, I don't even want to think about that.
I know hindsight is 20/20 and just like you most likely did I was hoping it would work out but I was nervous about it. To me, the Vikings CLEARLY lost and I don't see how you can spin it any other way.

Prophet
08-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I agree, a bump in the road, nothing more.

The Vikings gave him a contract that pays him $3 million this year, but $2.3 million is tied up in a roster bonus. While the Vikings like Robinson, this incident puts his job and his career in jeopardy.
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dclayton_john

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
The Vikings have never strayed away at giving second chances and taking shots on people. Some of them pay off some of them do not.

If you were a solid accountant for huge powerhouse buisinesses and you were a known alcoholic. If you went to rehab, took time off from the Biz do you think no one would hire you when you came back? Highly doubtful. You would probably have no problem finding work. If you showed up to work wasted or was caught on TV in a 100MPH police chase you would be let go, which is probably exactly what the Vikings will do.

You cannot blame the franchise for not seeing the future. You can blame them for not taking action after something does happen.

What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair? This is football. This is a violent sport where men make a living trying to rip each others heads off. I bet that panty waste listens to christian rock on his way to work. Who rocks harder AC/DC or John Holywang and the bastismal fancy pants band? Seriously.

I hate when sports writers try to apply a standard higher to sports then other jobs. What is the difference? They make more money. FOLKS making more money does not cure the human element, the vices, the hate, the feelings. This is a case of the grass is greener. The only reason they make more money then anyone else is because we pay more money then anyone else.

At the end of the day it is still football. If you didnt buy jerseys, buy tickets, but hats.....then they would get paid 45,000 dollars a year and they would still play, because it is the best damn sport in the world. Understand before you apply a double standard about the way these people act that this a job.

Now I want to know if the replacement that will make this sportswriter happy has to be baptised allready or would he like the team to come together hold hands, and do it as one unit under god.......

Lord I apologize......bless the pygmies.......

NodakPaul
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
This writer is an idiot.
Hindsight is 20/20.

...but only a fool could react with surprise.
Give me a break.
Nobody else saw this coming.
Nobody.
Most people acknowledged it as a possibility, but after his conduct last year, everyone figured it was a very distant one.

My parents were alcoholics.

Don't use your crappy childhood as an excuse to lable all alcholoics as fit for only sadness or disdain.
I happen to know some alcoholics who have been dry for several years now, and I have nothing but respect for them.

I don' t have any sympathy for KoRo.
He doesn't deserve it (and probably doesn't want it).
But I certainately don't blame the Vikings for taking a chance on him.

NodakPaul
08-18-2006, 08:22 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair?

How can they braid each other's hair when they are holding hands? ;)
;D

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair?

;D

With the spirit......with the spirit.

Rastak
"whackthepack" wrote:

This is the one of the 2 reporters that have been writing negative things about the Vikings because Childress didn't bow down to them when he became headcoach.

He is a pro sports hater and every article he writes about the Vikings has a negative twist to it, he and Ruesse think it is their job to bring down every pro sports team in the Twin Cities.

Well, I agree these guys seem to thrive on negativity but if the Vikes would quit doing negative things every damn year maybe there would be more positivity (as PA would say).

Firing Foley after just hiring him.
Having Ko Ro go balastic with a car.

Bad things....My take on Childress is this....he seems like a bit of an odd duck, I'm hoping he's a football genius, but some of his quotes do invite some not so great columns.

BadlandsVikings
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

;D

Pro athletes are very talented.
;D

Rastak
08-18-2006, 08:26 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

;D

;D

Is Del really Marvin Lewis? He does know alot about defense come to think of it.

;D

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 08:26 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

;D

;D

I like your answer better lol.
Nodak I change my response to his answer. LIVE WITH IT! ;D

cajunvike
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
"Del" wrote:

The Vikings have never strayed away at giving second chances and taking shots on people. Some of them pay off some of them do not.

If you were a solid accountant for huge powerhouse buisinesses and you were a known alcoholic. If you went to rehab, took time off from the Biz do you think no one would hire you when you came back? Highly doubtful. You would probably have no problem finding work. If you showed up to work wasted or was caught on TV in a 100MPH police chase you would be let go, which is probably exactly what the Vikings will do.

You cannot blame the franchise for not seeing the future. You can blame them for not taking action after something does happen.

What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair? This is football. This is a violent sport where men make a living trying to rip each others heads off. I bet that panty waste listens to christian rock on his way to work. Who rocks harder AC/DC or John Holywang and the bastismal fancy pants band? Seriously.

I hate when sports writers try to apply a standard higher to sports then other jobs. What is the difference? They make more money. FOLKS making more money does not cure the human element, the vices, the hate, the feelings. This is a case of the grass is greener. The only reason they make more money then anyone else is because we pay more money then anyone else.

At the end of the day it is still football. If you didnt buy jerseys, buy tickets, but hats.....then they would get paid 45,000 dollars a year and they would still play, because it is the best gol 'darnit sport in the world. Understand before you apply a double standard about the way these people act that this a job.

Now I want to know if the replacement that will make this sportswriter happy has to be baptised allready or would he like the team to come together hold hands, and do it as one unit under god.......

Lord I apologize......bless the pygmies.......

ROTFFLMMFAO!!!!
Del, you is DA MAN!!!!!

John Holywang and the bastismal fancy pants band...indeed!!!

oakmage
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Personally to me it shows how much the sportswriters resent the amount of money the athlete makes today.
At one time they used to cover up what the athlete did wrong, but before you say it was a different time and it was but also you have to remember one other thing about back them and that was that he pro athlete and the sportswriter made about the same amount of money so on that point the writer felt that they were on the same level now the athlete makes more money then they average writer will see in a life time so now they feel it their job to point out their faults.
Nothing worse then a jealously based on economics to get someone to try to play the “Holier then thou” card

Json
08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I personally think the Vikings did the right thing with K. Rob.
I remember last year he was brought in by Tice in company because one of the players on the Vikings (can't recall who it was off the top of my head) told Tice to give him a shot.
Thats when Tice and K. Rob spoke over the phone and one thing led to another and K. Rob was on the team.

After making the team the man worked his way up the line up and started doing some awesome things on kick returns.
This tells me that the guy who wrote the article must have failed to realize that K. Rob was brought in from M. Tice.
Now I'm sure Wilf and Berzinski (not sure thats spelt correctly) where both smoozed by Tice to get K. Rob into the line up.
This is just another small part of the old Minnesota Vikings.
Childress will work these types of things out of the organization as time goes forward.
Now in 3 years if the Vikings have new players that Childress and company have brought in start making foolish mistakes and they where known prior to arriving to the team for getting into issues then you can blame Childress and company.

As for comparing this to the Fran Foley situation I just don't understand.
They are two completly diffrent scenarios.
Fran was a prick to work with.
From what it sounds like he was an a-hole to anyone that was working under him.
He took his posistion and treated others as if he was superior.
I personally think the VIkings did the correct thing with Foley all the way across the board.
They started seeing some warning signs and fired him immediatly to avoid a huge issue in the future.
I pat the ownership on the back for cutting ties with him.
All business make mistakes when hiring, luckly the Vikings found out it was a mistake early and cut ties before Foley turned the Vikings into a disaster in the next few year.

whackthepack
08-18-2006, 10:28 AM
"Rastak" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Well, I agree these guys seem to thrive on negativity but if the Vikes would quit doing negative things every gol 'darnit year maybe there would be more positivity (as PA would say).

Firing Foley after just hiring him.
Having Ko Ro go balastic with a car.

Bad things....My take on Childress is this....he seems like a bit of an odd duck, I'm hoping he's a football genius, but some of his quotes do invite some not so great columns.

Cr*p like this is happening on most NFL teams, look at Cinci they have had 5 guys arrested on serious criminal charges since the draft.

As far as Fran Foley they got great references from San Diego and he has been working in the NFL for a lot of years, you suspect a guy that currently was in the pro-personal department of a team and that was highly totted is OK!
Maybe they didn't do quite as much of a back ground check as they should have, but it came out at the time of the lawsuit settlement with the Vike's that Foley had coworkers from the places that he had worked that had signed affidavits that his job description was the same as he had on his resume, but he exaggerated on his titles.

And big deal, oh my good the Viking's hired a guy that turned out not to be the great guy they thought and his power went to his head, so they fired his a$$ and moved on.
But Souhan reports it like it is the worst thing that has ever happened, when in reality it is just an easy club he can use to bash the Viking's and Childress with because they don't cow down to the media like the media thinks they should!
Just like he will bash the Viking's with Koren Robinson for the next year!

If the Viking's would win the Superbowl this year by 25 points and going away at the end Souhan article's headline would read "Viking's squeak out a victory" but he would have as many negatives as he could including "Is the Viking's 1st year headcoach Brad Childress really that good, or was it luck!
You can't forget that he is a poor judge of character as he was not able to see what a bad person Koren Robinson was!"

scottishvike
08-18-2006, 10:46 AM
It wasn't a mistake to give him a chance in the first place, giving him another shot after this would be.

WBLVikeBabe
08-18-2006, 10:56 AM
I think this whole ordeal is a surprise because it seemed like Koren was really getting back on track and doing well.
I heard an interview with him on KFAN a couple of weeks ago and he sounded great and was talking about how he was turning his life around and all that good stuff.
I'm just very sad that he had to turn around and do what he did.
And we lose our numer one receiver.

marcosMN
08-18-2006, 11:06 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Don't use your crappy childhood as an excuse to lable all alcholoics as fit for only sadness or disdain.
I happen to know some alcoholics who have been dry for several years now, and I have nothing but respect for them.

I don' t have any sympathy for KoRo.
He doesn't deserve it (and probably doesn't want it).
But I certainately don't blame the Vikings for taking a chance on him.

Right on man. I also know/work with a few alcoholics who have moved past thier problem. Everyday people beat the bottle all the time. KoRo had all the support and resources he needed to make it happen. He drank because he wanted to. Plain and simple.

Ltrey33
08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I think the Robinson mess is the final nail in the coffin of the Tice era. He was basically the only Tice "experiment" left, and now that he's messed things up, I think the Vikings can finally be free of his influence.

whackthepack
08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

I think the Robinson mess is the final nail in the coffin of the Tice era. He was basically the only Tice "experiment" left, and now that he's messed things up, I think the Vikings can finally be free of his influence.

Still have Smoot left and we have to see how that turns out.

PurpleRide
08-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I totally agree with the article, did anyone catch what he did the thursday prior?
He got pulled over in mankato with out a valid licence, speeding, and driving on a suspended licence.
He cannot use being an alcoholic as a scapegoat for what he did.
He thought/thinks he is above the law.
He messed up in a big way. It is a kick in the gut when people like koren try to use this as a scape goat for what he did.
Being an alcohalic did not make him speed away from the cops.
You know what I am sick of?
People on this site bashing a columnist because he or she is not praising everything the vikings and the players are doing.
Does anyone know what makes a good reporter?
Is it kissing the a$$ of the fans and players and only writing a positive piece every time? No! that only happens to the east. Go to vikings.com if you cant stand someone pointing out a few good points about the team.
This team has messed up before and until they change, it will continue. Should they just write every day "oh this team is on its way, nothing stopping us now!"
doubt it, most people are smarter than that, if your not intelligent enough to take critisism, again go to vikings.com or just read sids columns.

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 11:43 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

I totally agree with the article, did anyone catch what he did the thursday prior?
He got pulled over in mankato with out a valid licence, speeding, and driving on a suspended licence.
He messed up in a big way. It is a kick in the gut when people like koren try to use this as a scape goat for what he did.
People on this site bashing a columnist because he or she is not praising everything the vikings and the players are doing.
Is it kissing the a$$ of the fans and players and only writing a positive piece every time? No! that only happens to the east. Go to vikings.com if you cant stand someone pointing out a few good points about the team.
This team has messed up before and until they change, it will continue. Should they just write every day "oh this team is on its way, nothing stopping us now!"
doubt it, most people are smarter than that, if your not intelligent enough to take critisism, again go to vikings.com or just read sids columns.

Can moderators use the ignore option or is that against the rules?

How can a reporter have his head shoved so far up his ass, that he can blame the Vikings for giving him a chance. When the guy was a god damn pro-bowl kickreturner for our team last season? When in his contract WE PROTECTED ourselves? Did you read the article or are you talking out of your ass again?

It's crazy.

PurpleRide
08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
:'(
Oh no someone is talking bad about my team.
He points out many good things, it doesnt matter if the vikings financially protected themselves.
He did a diservice to the team that at one point stood up for him, koren turned around, kicked the vikings in the nuts and tried to use being a alcoholic as his scapegoat.
I have no problem writing a negitive article about the vikings, i can handle it.
The problem here is there are too many people who cry foul the minute the aint stopping us now parade is questioned.
There is nothing wrong with real world talk from time to time, it wont hurt you.

Rastak
08-18-2006, 12:29 PM
"Del" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

How can a reporter have his head shoved so far up his jiggly butt, that he can blame the Vikings for giving him a chance. When the guy was a god gol 'darnit pro-bowl kickreturner for our team last season? When in his contract WE PROTECTED ourselves? Did you read the article or are you talking out of your jiggly butt again?

It's crazy.

Using that line of thinking, let's get Chris Henry in a trade and give him a chance?
Why didn't we give TO a chance?
It was a gamble and they lost in my opinion.
Obviously the Vikings didn't know this would happen and were banking on his sobriety but it was a gamble. The dude showed up drunk for jail after a DWI after all...noone can deny the risk in signing him. My coworker bought a Ko Ro jersey this year and I even told him, are you sure you wanna risk that?

Del, I do have a quesion. I've heard from multiple media outlets that we protected ourselves, does this mean if he's convicted of something we get that money paid this year back? Or that because we structured the bonuses yearly we only get screwed this year?

ZDoy379
08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
KRob=Alc

He is a joke. He said he changed and he didn't. I really believe we gve him his last cahnce in the nFL. I don't think the league will let him bne a part of any other team. It's a shame. He was a waste of talent. Damn drunk

MensaTice
08-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I just knew before I opened this that it was either a Souhan or Reusse article.
They are the two main reasons, along with that douche Nick Coleman, I will never spend a cent on the startribune for the rest of my life.

whackthepack
08-18-2006, 12:52 PM
"Rastak" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

How can a reporter have his head shoved so far up his jiggly butt, that he can blame the Vikings for giving him a chance. When the guy was a god gol 'darnit pro-bowl kickreturner for our team last season? When in his contract WE PROTECTED ourselves? Did you read the article or are you talking out of your jiggly butt again?

It's crazy.

Using that line of thinking, let's get Chris Henry in a trade and give him a chance?
Obviously the Vikings didn't know this would happen and were banking on his sobriety but it was a gamble. The dude showed up drunk for jail after a DWI after all...noone can deny the risk in signing him. My coworker bought a Ko Ro jersey this year and I even told him, are you sure you wanna risk that?

Del, I do have a quesion. I've heard from multiple media outlets that we protected ourselves, does this mean if he's convicted of something we get that money paid this year back? Or that because we structured the bonuses yearly we only get screwed this year?

They player is not guaranteed his salary for this year unless he is on the roster at the start of the regular season, that is why the Vikes released Koren last year for a day and resigned him.

The initial signing bonus depends on the clauses that the Vikings had built in.

COJOMAY
08-18-2006, 12:53 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

I just knew before I opened this that it was either a Souhan or Reusse article.
They are the two main reasons, along with that douche Nick Coleman, I will never spend a cent on the startribune for the rest of my life.

Why should you when you can read anything of interest here anyway?
;D

MensaTice
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

The problem here is there are too many people who cry foul the minute the aint stopping us now parade is questioned.
There is nothing wrong with real world talk from time to time, it wont hurt you.

Oh the irony

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
"Rastak" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

It's crazy.

Yeah using that logical thinking you could do that and you should do that.

If He took a year off of football and got his act together there is no reason not to give him a shot. Then he does a great job and messes up the next year, tell me how that is the Vikings fault.

It means he doesn't get the money. It may even mean he has to pay some back. It means we did the right thing. This numbnut is making it sound like we gave him a blank check.

Prophet
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Oh the irony

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I guess there are a bunch of real worlds out there.
I wonder which one I'm in?

NodakPaul
08-18-2006, 01:06 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

He points out many good things, it doesnt matter if the vikings financially protected themselves.
He did a diservice to the team that at one point stood up for him, koren turned around, kicked the vikings in the nuts and tried to use being a alcoholic as his scapegoat.
I have no problem writing a negitive article about the vikings, i can handle it.

Your right, there is nothing wrong with real world talk.
But I just don't see how this article qualifies as real world talk.
He is basically saying that anybody could have predicted that KoRo would get a DWI this year, and the Vikings were fools for giving him a chance (his word, not mine).
How can you agree with that?
Can you sit there and honestly say that during the pro bowl last year you were sitting on your coach saying, "I know it looks like K Rob turned his life around, but I think he is a fiasco waiting to happen.
Mark my words, come August I bet he gets a DWI..."

We all knew that it could happen.. .hel lthe Packers could win the superbowl this year.
But I wouldn't have bet on either.
The Vikings took a fairly safe risk on K Rob, and unfortunately it did not work out.
But I hardly think that makes us all fools.

BTW, you said the author points out many good things... I must have missed them in the article.

Vikes
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
KRob was a fraud. He got one speeding ticket. the he decides to speed the next night. What is that....Poor judgment for a guy we wanted to help. So BYE BYE KRob.

Thank GOD I did not buy your jersery!

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Oh the irony

You just get the impression that somewhere somehow something went horribly wrong. Someone seriously dropped the ball.

Rastak
08-18-2006, 01:28 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Your right, there is nothing wrong with real world talk.
But I just don't see how this article qualifies as real world talk.
He is basically saying that anybody could have predicted that KoRo would get a DWI this year, and the Vikings were fools for giving him a chance (his word, not mine).
How can you agree with that?
Can you sit there and honestly say that during the pro bowl last year you were sitting on your coach saying, "I know it looks like K Rob turned his life around, but I think he is a fiasco waiting to happen.
Mark my words, come August I bet he gets a DWI..."

We all knew that it could happen.. .hel lthe Packers could win the superbowl this year.
But I wouldn't have bet on either.
The Vikings took a fairly safe risk on K Rob, and unfortunately it did not work out.
But I hardly think that makes us all fools.

BTW, you said the author points out many good things... I must have missed them in the article.

I suppose I should also be clear on my position.....I do not think the Vikings were fools for trying...I just happen to agree with SOME of Souhans points, not all. I'm glad the Vikings allegedly covered themselves contract wise. They gambled and lost on this one.

PurpleRide
08-18-2006, 01:28 PM
"Del" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Oh the irony

You just get the impression that somewhere somehow something went horribly wrong. Someone seriously dropped the ball.

oh well, you wont see me crying because a writer expresses his displeasure with how the team is being ran.
I would rather read their articles than sid who always thinks the gophers are going to win the rose bowl and the vikings are super bowl bound every year.
But i am a realist.

oddmanout22287
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I guess the Vikings were fools for giving that bum drug addict Cris Carter a second chance too.

Give me a f***ing break, by all accounts up till now the dude was clean and was moving on.
A lot considered re-signing K-Rob one of the most important moves of the offseason and were pumped to see him play.
Crap like this happens and nobody could've gauranteed it would or wouldn't of happened, the Vikes protected themselves financially, and will move on.

Del Rio
08-18-2006, 01:34 PM
"But i am a realist."

;D

Prophet
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

...But i am a realist.

That is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Rastak
08-18-2006, 01:38 PM
"oddmanout22287" wrote:

I guess the Vikings were fools for giving that bum drug addict Cris Carter a second chance too.

Give me a f***ing break, by all accounts up till now the dude was clean and was moving on.
A lot considered re-signing K-Rob one of the most important moves of the offseason and were pumped to see him play.
Crap like this happens and nobody could've gauranteed it would or wouldn't of happened, the Vikes protected themselves financially, and will move on.

Actually there were rumors he was getting lit up at the pro bowl....if you count the rumormill at profootballtalk.com as a rumor...instead of the national football league enquirer.... ::)

Toro
08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Cut him. He had his chance.

gregair13
08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
i never wanted krob in the first place.