PDA

View Full Version : ESPN coverage

faninphx
08-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I just wanted to see what everyone thought of ESPN's coverage of the game.
I, for one, was a little disappointed.
They just kept feeding us these sappy "inspirational" stories" about players on both sides.
I can live with the occassional corny story, but these guys just wouldn't let up.
There were several times in the game where they actually interviewed a player on the side lines while the game is being played (muted of course) on a little box on the corner of the screen.
I really hope they don't do that during the regular season.
Geez, and I thought ABC was bad.

Thank you, Disney.

Rastak
08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
"faninphx" wrote:

They just kept feeding us these sappy "inspirational" stories" about players on both sides.
I can live with the occassional corny story, but these guys just wouldn't let up.
There were several times in the game where they actually interviewed a player on the side lines while the game is being played (muted of course) on a little box on the corner of the screen.

Thank you, Disney.

That's usually a preseason thing and I hate it.

i_bleed_purple
08-17-2006, 09:00 PM
i hope it gets better, because i thought i was pretty terrible.
as much as it pains me to say it i wish madden was back. at least i could amuse myself by laughing at what he says.

Ltrey33
08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I wasn't a big fan of that little box in the bottom center of the screen. I thought it was too big, but it is still better then the thing Fox had at the top of the screen last year. That damned line blocked out the receiver at the top of the screen half the time!

I wasn't a big fan of the announcers for ESPN either. Tirico I like, but Theisman and Kornheiser suck, IMO.

muchluv4smoot
08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
"faninphx" wrote:

Thank you, Disney.

That was typical for a nationally televised preseason game, and exactly why I hate them. They really don't pay much attention to the game, when the starters leave, and they have no clue about the young guys fighting to make the team. Personally I think how the 2nd and 3rd stringers do is much more important during the preseason, then how the starters look, running vanilla plays against a vanilla D.

BadlandsVikings
08-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I also really hope they lower the score to the bottom of the screen.
It was up way too high.

gregair13
08-17-2006, 09:49 PM
The coverage on monday night was bad. thank goodness we only have one monday night game

VikesfaninWis
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
What I am sick of is everyone still bringing up the stupid "Love Boat' issue..

Kornholer did that every chance he got.. I hated him on PTI, and I hate him even more now that he is broadcasting..

Warp
08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of that little box in the bottom center of the screen. I thought it was too big, but it is still better then the thing Fox had at the top of the screen last year. That damned line blocked out the receiver at the top of the screen half the time!

I wasn't a big fan of the announcers for ESPN either. Tirico I like, but Theisman and Kornheiser suck, IMO.

I gotta agree. I liked Tirico, didnt like Theismann or Kornheiser(Kornheiser was the worst of the 2 though, but it was his 1st time in the booth). I hope they really get it together for the regular season though. Or maybe its a good thing im gonna be working during the monday night games this year ;D

BadlandsVikings
08-17-2006, 11:24 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

What I am sick of is everyone still bringing up the stupid "Love Boat' issue..

Kornholer did that every chance he got.. I hated him on PTI, and I hate him even more now that he is broadcasting..

We get to hear it from him one more time.

Foranzan
08-17-2006, 11:45 PM
The coverage on monday night was bad. thank goodness we only have one monday night game

We have two.

September 11th at Washington

October 30th vs New England