PDA

View Full Version : Charles Rogers out for season again

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Charles rogers broke the same collarbone he broke last year and is done for the year again.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Looks like Dre Bly is gone for 3 or 4 weeks with a sprained knee.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 02:18 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Looks like Dre Bly is gone for 3 or 4 weeks with a sprained knee.

Yeah, I just saw that. The lions are getting killed by injuries, with already having boss bailey out for a long time.

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I wish we played them sooner in the year! We could really take advantage of them. Oh well, we'll still beat them twice!!

vikingsalltheway
09-13-2004, 05:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I wish we played them sooner in the year! We could really take advantage of them. Oh well, we'll still beat them twice!!

We've beaten the lions 4 times in a row. I hope we make it six but who knows.

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Dauntes never lost to them as a starter, I don't see his first loss coming this year. It's too bad about Rogers, that's a rough way to start your career, he may never recover and do what he did in college! He'll never want to go over the middle in fear of lurking safeties!

LosAngelis
09-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Fantasy Football History

2003: LosAngelis drafts Rogers. Loses him for season. Loses title game.

2004: LosAngelis has opportunity to bid for Rogers cheaply in auction. Passes up Rogers. Takes Roy WIlliams instead. Wins title (hopefully).

dart18
09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
i feel so bad for rogers, i know he gets money either way (not as much) but what a wasted potential again

SKOL
09-14-2004, 01:07 AM
On another thread Silvermane didn't think Rogers would miss the whole year. That's the first I heard of it.

silvermane
09-14-2004, 05:01 AM
well at first they weren't sure how much time he'd miss because it was a new fracture to the same clavicle and they were waiting for the prognosis. now it's official that he'll be out the rest of the season.

it really sucks because rogers and harrington had been working so well together in practice. rogers had become the favorite receiver. now roy williams doesn't have much choice, he's got to step up. time to see what the kid can do.

AngloVike
09-14-2004, 05:44 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Fantasy Football History

2003: LosAngelis drafts Rogers. Loses him for season. Loses title game.

2004: LosAngelis has opportunity to bid for Rogers cheaply in auction. Passes up Rogers. Takes Roy WIlliams instead. Wins title (hopefully).

2004 AngloVike drafts Rogers on basis that he'll have a breakout season to make up for last year :banghead:

AngloVike
09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
"silvermane" wrote:

well at first they weren't sure how much time he'd miss because it was a new fracture to the same clavicle and they were waiting for the prognosis. now it's official that he'll be out the rest of the season.

it really sucks because rogers and harrington had been working so well together in practice. rogers had become the favorite receiver. now roy williams doesn't have much choice, he's got to step up. time to see what the kid can do.
Feel for you Silvermane, what are the odds of someone having the same season ending injury on opening days, two years on the trot ? I was expecting Rogers to be a big factor in the NFCN games this year,as you say time to see if Williams can show why he was drafted.