PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade for a CB



vikings minnesoulija
09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
With Irvin out do you think MN should trade for a CB, maybe MM form the packers. I dont know who we would give up, but I think we need another cb. just my opinon.

RandyMoss8404
09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Draft picks maybe, but no personnel.

Big Daddy
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I think it would be a good idea, because Rushen Jones just isn't going to do it for us. That guy got picked on early and often yesterday, Including that retarded play right before half when he let Glenn behind him for the TD :angryfire:

vikings_fan66
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
yes jones will not cut it we need some sorta improvement there.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Derick Ross is available he did not pass his physical with AZ, and Eric Kelly is not on anyones roster.

I would like them to do a 3 way trade with some team, have them trade a 3 & 5 round pick to BG for McKenzie and then we trade them a 2, 4 & 6 round. (vikes will never do this)


McKenzie could start and play Brian Williams at Nickel until his knee is fully heeled than let them battle it out for the starting job.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Can we afford Mckenzie?

LosAngelis
09-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I don't think I want that baby ass on our team anyways. Plus, he's not that good!

sdvikefan
09-13-2004, 12:03 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I don't think I want that baby ass on our team anyways. Plus, he's not that good!

But better than what we have right now as far as depth.

I agree we need to at least think about trading for a CB. I had bigger expectations from Jones...so much for that. And Irvin could be out a while so it's a serious concern.

Los is right, McKenzie would not come without a price and he's good but not worth whatever the Packers will ask for him. Who else is out there?

vikings minnesoulija
09-13-2004, 12:12 PM
i wasn't saying MM is the only choice it was just a name i threw out there. I dont really know who is out there and I really dont know what we would have to give I just dont like our opinons at corner with Irvin out.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 12:24 PM
"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:

i wasn't saying MM is the only choice it was just a name i threw out there. I dont really know who is out there and I really dont know what we would have to give I just dont like our opinons at corner with Irvin out.


I don't think we are gonna be able to find any team that is willing to trade a decent CB now. What we might have to do, is use chavous at CB in nickel and/or dime D's and bring in offord or carter(when he gets healthy) to play safety in his place. I doubt that will happen, but I would rather have chavous playing CB, then rushen jones and rhett nelson.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 12:32 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.

vikings minnesoulija
09-13-2004, 12:36 PM
thats a really good idea. better then what i could come up with corey to nickel not a bad though.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.



The saints are offering a 2nd and a player, and the packers are still demanding a 1st and 5th, so the pack aren't giving in.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 01:23 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.



The saints are offering a 2nd and a player, and the packers are still demanding a 1st and 5th, so the pack aren't giving in.



Ok have the other team give them the a 2 and 4, we give them our 1, 2 and 4 picks (the other team picks up a 1st round pick for nothing).

We have a good chance of going somewhere this year and need to take advantage of the opportunity now.

Besides we have to probably pick up a Corner in next years draft in the 1st round anyway, and this way you get a proven player not a prospect.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.



The saints are offering a 2nd and a player, and the packers are still demanding a 1st and 5th, so the pack aren't giving in.



Ok have the other team give them the a 2 and 4, we give them our 1, 2 and 4 picks (the other team picks up a 1st round pick for nothing).

We have a good chance of going somewhere this year and need to take advantage of the opportunity now.

Besides we have to probably pick up a Corner in next years draft in the 1st round anyway, and this way you get a proven player not a prospect.



But the pack aren't taking anything less than a 1st, and he isn't worth a first.

bigdogbovy
09-13-2004, 01:26 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.

Sherm has overpriced MM he wants a 1st + a guy or low round pick. MM is worth a 2nd.

TheFloridianVikingFan
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
It wasnt all rushen jones's fault on that stupid a$$ play at the end of the half cuz someone else was suposed to help him on the deep route but he got there to late too.. and give him a break he never gets playin time in this is ,like the first time hes played in the game so he might of just had the jitters..

ItalianStallion
09-13-2004, 02:01 PM
It doesn't matter, with 11 seconds left, YOU DON"T LET ANYONE BEHIND YOU. It was as much Chavous' fault as Rushen, but they both had mental lapses, I don't expect it to become a habit. Still we are very thin at corner. MM isn't really an option, and he shouldn't be. I can't think of anyone who is out there...

dan3ski
09-13-2004, 02:11 PM
It is possible to sign a free agent I am sure there are a few veterans out there that were cut last week. I do not think Eric Kelly would even be considered due to the way he departed.

VikingsTw
09-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Kelly would be nice ON SPECAIL TEAMS. Lets get real guys Rushen Jones beat Kelly out thats why he was so upset and asked to be released. I'm willing to give Rushen another chance. If one of the other CB's go down we are in alot of trouble. We will just have to see what the coaching staff does. If they get somebody then we know they dont believe rushen can get it done. We'll just have to see.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 02:59 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Kelly would be nice ON SPECAIL TEAMS. Lets get real guys Rushen Jones beat Kelly out thats why he was so upset and asked to be released. I'm willing to give Rushen another chance. If one of the other CB's go down we are in alot of trouble. We will just have to see what the coaching staff does. If they get somebody then we know they dont believe rushen can get it done. We'll just have to see.



Yeah, kelly left on really bad terms, so no way tice even thinks about him. The only guy I see coming in, is derek ross again. He would probably play dime CB until he got healthy, then be the nickel CB ahead of rushen, unless rushen plays well in the coming weeks.

sitandbehitski
09-13-2004, 03:03 PM
I think Derek Ross, too, from what I remember he didn't play too bad after practicing like two days before the falcons game, he can't play much worse than R. Jones, and if Nelson gets on the field we might as well just hand them 6 points, you think Rushen's bad, anybody else watch Nelson get burned time and time again by Schaub?

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 03:14 PM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

I think Derek Ross, too, from what I remember he didn't play too bad after practicing like two days before the falcons game, he can't play much worse than R. Jones, and if Nelson gets on the field we might as well just hand them 6 points, you think Rushen's bad, anybody else watch Nelson get burned time and time again by Schaub?



I think schaud was picking on reggie austin and not rhett nelson, if that was the week 2 preseason game that I think it was. Austin really stunk that game. I do however agree that rhett nelson isn't very good at all. He was picked on in the last preseason game and he couldn't cover anyone.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Tice said today in his news conference that it isa short list of players they want to try out at CB, 1 that he mentioned is Terence Shaw formerly of the Carolina Panthers and Oakland Raiders.

Not sure of this guy, anybody think anything about him?


Also Tice said he would not bring anybody in that was not a good fit for our locker room! Which I take to mean no head cases, and I think he was referring to Eric Kelly (maybe Derick Ross). But I think we need somebody that is a cover guy and can hit and I think Ross fits that if we can get him healthy.

bleedpurple
09-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Minn isn't going to give anybody any draft picks. Our phylosophy from what I've read is we don't trade picks for players.

SO it's never going to happen. Plus McKenzie isn't that good and we don't need to pay an arm and a leg for a nickel back... That would be dumb

LosAngelis
09-13-2004, 04:17 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.

but see, now by posting this, I NOW KNOW your sneaky little plan, and I am calling Mike Sherman right now AS WE SPEAK to not fall for it. Mwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 04:29 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a guess, but Sherman won't be trading MM to a division rival without a pretty penny in return (a first and a player), so I wouldn't count on MM coming, though sending you more cancers is rather intruiging.


I said Los that it would be a 3 way trade and GB wouldn't know he was coming to Minn until after the trade was done.

And at this point I think they would take a 3 & 5 in next years draft.


And we are way under the salary cap so we have the room.

but see, now by posting this, I NOW KNOW your sneaky little plan, and I am calling Mike Sherman right now AS WE SPEAK to not fall for it. Mwuahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!


squealer, ruined our whole plan! :(

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Isn't that Shaw guy really old?