PDA

View Full Version : CHESTER TAYLOR

thevikingfan
08-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Now that ive watched the game a second time im not that dissapointed in chesters performance.His first 3 or 4 runs he made something out of nothing and he got 2 first downs and thats all that matters.Plus remember that the offense is very vanilla right now and most of the runs were up the middle.I think
against pitsburg or perhaps in week 3 of the preseason when we expand the offense a little and throw in some pitchouts well start getting the running game going again

Warp
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Thats basically what i thought watching the game the first time around. Every run he did he was met right at the line of scrimmage it seemed and he fought and got a few extra yards, he looked real strong to me, i think its more of the o-line needing improvment.

singersp
08-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Have Vikings found a new Holmes? (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/082706dnspogosselin.28b826c.html)

skum
08-27-2006, 08:05 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Have Vikings found a new Holmes? (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/082706dnspogosselin.28b826c.html)

I Hope SO!!

Mr. Purple
08-27-2006, 08:12 AM
lol Ditto Skum. I think he can be successfull for us with the line we have.He hasnt dissapointed me at all in the preseason, its the preseason.At this point, we'll know how well Taylor will pay on September 11th!Until then I reserve judgement.

Freya
08-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, he might have been "little Priest" in Baltimore....but I'd like to see him blossom into; Chester "move or get run over" Taylor in Minnesota.

ForceOfNorse
08-27-2006, 08:22 AM
What has impressed me the most about CT, is his receiving skills.
But, when the O-line gels, I say people better look the F@CK out!!!

singersp
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
At averaging just 2.8 yards a carry, he still has a lot to prove to me once the regular season starts.

Is it possible he & the front line are holding back some as to prevent preseason injury or not show our opponents everything we got?

gregair13
08-27-2006, 11:35 AM
only time will tell if changing teams will help this guys career or if he will stay in the middle of the pack of runningbacks.

digital420
08-27-2006, 11:47 AM
i watched the game 2x.. and saw a lot of his runs went to the right.

when the real O schemes come out i'm sure we'll see a lot more runs to the left!!

even with the vanilla O though i'm still backin C.t to really be our every down guy with 2 backups that have dif strengths for dif kinda looks.

i really am excited for htis year.. a Dynamic D, and a well orchestrated O.

DiGiTaL

NodakPaul
08-27-2006, 12:31 PM
He ran to the right a lot in the Pittsburg game too.

I agree that the OL needs to gel a little more, and I think that has a lot to do with the 2.8 y/c average right now. I am hoping that improves with time...

VikesfaninWis
08-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Taylor, and our line will be just fine.. We need to wait until they play the whole game together.. This is just preseason, and they will gel and get better as the season goes on.. I have no concerns with the running game right now.. Behind our line, and with BJ at the helm, we will be just fine..

Ltrey33
08-27-2006, 12:51 PM
"singersp" wrote:

At averaging just 2.8 yards a carry, he still has a lot to prove to me once the regular season starts.

Is it possible he & the front line are holding back some as to prevent preseason injury or not show our opponents everything we got?

I definately don't think we've shown very much of what we've got in the bag. I don't think I've seen Birk or Hutch pull once this preseason. The run game is going to come around great once we get into the regular season, IMO. We still have a lot left to show, and I have a lot of faith in Childress, a lot of faith in the left (and a little bit in the right) side of the line, and after watching Taylor run in Baltimore the last few years I have faith in his ability to be a 1,000 yard back as well.

ejmat
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
The O line and Taylor will be just fine.
Taylor is a good strong back and I agree we haven't shown everything.
So he's only averaging 2.8 ypc right now.
It's preseason and you really don't have time to get in a rythem.

At this point I'm not worried about the running game.
It's improved since last year so there's only good things to come.