09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Vikings 24
Eagles 21

Im a homer but what the hell.

Purple D
09-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Vikings 45

Eagles 27

Williams shut T.O. down last year he or Winfeild can do it this year.

Foreman44
09-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Vikings 30
Eagles 27

(Overtime)

vikingsalltheway
09-13-2004, 12:25 AM
"Purple D" wrote:

Vikings 45

Eagles 27

Williams shut T.O. down last year he or Winfeild can do it this year.

We won't score 45. Vikings are a totally different team on grass i think but we will win.

Foreman44
09-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Well, judging from how they played today on their new quasi-grass, I think they'll be in good shape to deal with the turf in Philly. By the way, the new field I thought looked great.
It was painted very old school Vikes with the "V" at midfield and 'Minnesota Vikings' in the end zones. Reminded me of the old Met! All they need to do now is take the damn roof off! :thumbleft:

hawaiianvike21
09-13-2004, 02:33 AM
30-20 vikes.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Gonna be a huge game. If the Eagles hold on to the ball as long as the Cowboys did it will get ugly real fast.

None the less, the Eagles are a lot of people's pick in the NFC this year, if we come out with a win it will do a lot for our momntum and confidence.

I'm going to say.....................

Vikes 27
Eagles 17

I hope.

casper
09-13-2004, 08:41 AM
this is going to be a good old gridiron sluging match, lot of penalities though both team want to prove something here...i dont see a blow out though, I hope to see it in Moscow somewhere but feel it will be like 21 Vikes 14 Birds, thats in hope our secondary recovers without Irvin in there if they play lose again could go to OT with Vikes pull it out of of the old mans foot 24 Vikes 21 birds should be a good game...our D line and LB core is looking good bye the way any comments

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 08:50 AM
I saw one play in particular in the first half where Thomas ran down George on a sweep with both guard and tackle pulling.

He caught if from behind. It was an amazing display of speed. I know Eddie George isn't the fastest back, but damn he caught him easily.

tdawg0002
09-13-2004, 09:50 AM
The D looked great yesterday except they allowed Vinny Testeverde to pass for 355 yards or something close to that. Then throw into the mix that McNabb and TO made the Giants look like a high school team and we are in for a great game. I'm picking the Vikes 31-28 on a last second field goal by our new kicking stud Anderson!!!

sitandbehitski
09-13-2004, 09:57 AM
If Brian Williams plays as well as he did against the cowgirls, I'm not too worried about T.O., the last time we faced him he got dominated, and Antoine Winfield can shut down whatever guy they have on the opposite side of Owens. Besides T.O. the eagles still don't have anything at WR. Their defense relys on blitzing to get pressure, and you've seen what Culpepper can do to teams who try that. Their "Freak" will have a rough time if Mount McKinnie plays as well as he did against dallas, and their two corners are still very inexperienced.

P.S. Anybody else catch the announcers saying about the eagles; "The thing about the eagles is, before they got a good WR, they got good corners." THEY GOT RID OF BOTH THOSE CORNERS TO GET T.O. YOU RETARDS!!!!!!

ADubya26
09-13-2004, 10:24 AM
The biggest battle is up front, whoever's o-line does better will win the game, and I think we have a slight advantage there. I think Onterrio will have a big day with screens and stuff...and I think Culp will be able to pick apart their young secondary. Its going to be close...im going to take a stab at it and say 34-27 Vikes on Top!

vikings minnesoulija
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
41-24, Vikes it's gonna be 98 all over again except the whole nfc title game loss, this is gonna be a fun year.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 10:40 AM
The thing is this:

The eagles have a great O-line just like the cowboys.

Tra Thomas 6'7 349lbs 7years in the NFL.
Artis Hicks 6'4 318lbs 3 years in the NFL.
Hank Fraley 6'2 300lbs 5 years in the NFL.
Jermane Mayberry 6'4 325lbs 9 years in the NFL.
Jon Runyan 6'7 330lbs 9 years in the NFL.

That's a big O-line. Thomas and Runyan have prooven themselves as great pass blockers over the years. And Mayberry is a solid O-linesman. I don't know much about the other two. These are big vetrans that are protecting a great QB.

T.O outweighs our CB's by almost 20lbs. If he has time and a cushion, with Mcnabb passing he will have a huge game. Meshawn had over 100 yards on us! They sucked in the redzone, but the Eagles are one of the best in the red zone.

On defense they had 5 sacks against NY not impressive considering their line is inferior to ours but 5 sacks are 5 sacks.
Javon Kearse
Corey Simon
Darwin Walker
Hugh Douglas

Those are good players especially on the pass. I would expect that they will be able to pressure Pepper a few times.

Thier tallest CB is 5'10 that's bad news for them. Especially with Moss and Robinson being 6'4 + 6'3

Someone mentioned earlier that we should have a good run game against these guys. That will be key to our offense. Get the run going and open up play action to get the passing game firing.

We need to hold the ball and control T.O.P, keep their D on the field and they will get tired.

Our D is scaring me in this game. They have a good O-line even with the injury to one of their starters. No pressure on Mcnabb means big day passing. Thier run game looks weak so that at least makes them one dimensional, but that dimension attacks our weakness.

Man this game is going to be great fun to watch. Hope to see some clips on here next week of TO getting the crap knocked out of him.

RandyMoss8404
09-13-2004, 11:11 AM
If Brian Williams hits TO ONCE like he hit Keyshawn twice, the game is over. TO will be too scared to catch another pass.

Please also note that Randy shows up to play on Monday night

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Offense isn't a concern. Please note that Moss has shown up since 98'
and we still have no rings. Moss is a huge pice of the puzzle, but he alone cannot win all the games for us.

Big Daddy
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

P.S. Anybody else catch the announcers saying about the eagles; "The thing about the eagles is, before they got a good WR, they got good corners." THEY GOT RID OF BOTH THOSE CORNERS TO GET T.O. YOU RETARDS!!!!!!

Hell yes I thought the same thing!

I really think we need Ken Irvin back in the secondary, does anyone know how long he will be out, if at all?

sdvikefan
09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
It doesn't look good for Irvin. He's getting evaluated today, but Tice made it sound like he could be out for the season.

I hope Kevin Williams is feeling better for the Eagles game. When he came in it made a big difference in the pressure we got on Vinny.

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Philly doesn't have grass they have field turf too, so if the weather is good we'll be alright there! It's gonna be a shootout though I think. I think we might come up shorthanded in this one. I want my homer instincts to kick in and predict a win for us, but our D just looked pretty shaky to me in that first game. Hopefully Jimmy K will be alright as well as Moe for Monday night!!

DoubleDown11
09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

If Brian Williams hits TO ONCE like he hit Keyshawn twice, the game is over. TO will be too scared to catch another pass.

Please also note that Randy shows up to play on Monday night

Agreed, also We have a stud corner (Winfield), who can shut down TO. Philly has nothing else. Moss is a Super STUD on Nationally televised games!

Vikes 31
Pheagles 13

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
I hope winfield doesn't play weak with Owens like he did on Meshawn. But damn that guy can hit.

Think the coaches will play a big role in this game.

Big Daddy
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I don't think it is even a question that the offence will put up good numbers against them. Their run D isn't that good and with two young CB it could get ugly.

But our Secondary looked bad against Dallas, the bad news is TO is better than Meshawn but the good news is their other Wrs aren't as good as Glenn and Bryant. I think we can shut down their run game but if we want to come away with a win the secondary will have to play better.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
"Big Daddy" wrote:

I don't think it is even a question that the offence will put up good numbers against them. Their run D isn't that good and with two young CB it could get ugly.

But our Secondary looked bad against Dallas, the bad news is TO is better than Meshawn but the good news is their other Wrs aren't as good as Glenn and Bryant. I think we can shut down their run game but if we want to come away with a win the secondary will have to play better.

I have said all offseason, that this is the one game that worries me this year and that is will definitely be our toughest of the year. Hope no one will get too upset by my prediction. I say the eagles win 33-27. They have home field advantage, and against us, that means a lot. We struggle on the road and have a lot of young guys, so we need to prove we can win a tough game on the road, before I will expect us to.

If we loose, I think it will be a very good loss for us. It will keep us focused and keep us working hard. I think the problem last year, was that we won to many games to start the year and got sloppy and lazy. I bet if we would have lost a game or two out of the 1st 6 last year, that we would have had a better record and made the playoffs. I think in this case, a loss against a good football team will be good for us early in the year.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I agree with that, we can win, we have the ability to win. But if we do lose then we can learn from it. They do have another good reciever besides TO his name is Pinkston. He is quick and has great hands.

I think it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and special teams play.

BTW Andersen was kicking off really well I was impressed.

I'm worried we will get tons of Pass Interference on us with TO and that will change the outcome.

God it's Monday we just beat the Cowboys and we are all worried about the Eagles. Maybe we should slow down :D

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 01:22 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I agree with that, we can win, we have the ability to win. But if we do lose then we can learn from it. They do have another good reciever besides TO his name is Pinkston. He is quick and has great hands.

I think it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and special teams play.

BTW Andersen was kicking off really well I was impressed.

I'm worried we will get tons of Pass Interference on us with TO and that will change the outcome.

God it's Monday we just beat the Cowboys and we are all worried about the Eagles. Maybe we should slow down :D

Freddie mitchell worries me some too. I think he might have a decent year now, with TO there. Also they have a very good young TE, in LJ smith. They have plenty or weapons, westbrook is another good young player, on offense and are a much better team offense than the cowboys.

I was plesently suprised by how deep morty's kickoffs were. I still hope we bring dorsch in soon to take that over, so mortan's leg stays fresh for all the extra points he will be kicking this year.

shockzilla
09-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I've read a number of replies from you guys, and a lot of you make valid points. So, without further adu:

The way I see it, the Vikes' defense, at least up to this point, is a LOT like '98 (bend but don't break); granted, one game is NOT enough to say how they'll do over a whole season one way or another. And, considering the injuries we've had to the D so far, it's hard to judge them. I think, in the end, the Vikes have what it takes to make the plays on D, no matter WHO is in there playing. Their depth overall on D is adequate (again, injuries to the secondary notwithstanding).

On offense, well, you all saw the game yesterday! I think their offense is even better than '98 - more weapons, Daunte is maturing and is a better physical specimen than Randall Cunningham was (and younger). These guys can strike from anywhere at any time.

Now, as far as the Philly game, it's gonna be an old-fashioned "black-and-blue-division" matchup (yeah, I know, Philly's in the East :) ). There is gonna be some HITTIN' goin' on!!!!!!! I say Vikes win in a shootout.

Vikes 34
Philly 30

SKOL!!!!!!!

Ryno
09-13-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm going with 31-27 Vikes win!!!

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I've read a number of replies from you guys, and a lot of you make valid points. So, without further adu:

The way I see it, the Vikes' defense, at least up to this point, is a LOT like '98 (bend but don't break); granted, one game is NOT enough to say how they'll do over a whole season one way or another. And, considering the injuries we've had to the D so far, it's hard to judge them. I think, in the end, the Vikes have what it takes to make the plays on D, no matter WHO is in there playing. Their depth overall on D is adequate (again, injuries to the secondary notwithstanding).

On offense, well, you all saw the game yesterday! I think their offense is even better than '98 - more weapons, Daunte is maturing and is a better physical specimen than Randall Cunningham was (and younger). These guys can strike from anywhere at any time.

Now, as far as the Philly game, it's gonna be an old-fashioned "black-and-blue-division" matchup (yeah, I know, Philly's in the East :) ). There is gonna be some HITTIN' goin' on!!!!!!! I say Vikes win in a shootout.

Vikes 34
Philly 30

SKOL!!!!!!!

I agree, that this team looks really similar to the 98 team on offense and D. Not expecting a 15-1 season, but I am also not expecting to loose when we get to the NFC championship game either.

tarkenton10
09-13-2004, 02:58 PM
The Vikes offense is powerful and explosive. They can run on philly's porous run defense. They will be able to pass on them as well. The problem is that we have some good players on D but they are young. They will make mistakes and it will cost us just like the end of the first half with Dallas. The Vikes I think will pull it out Vikes 28 - Eagles 27.

sdvikefan
09-13-2004, 03:25 PM
The Eagles will probably try to run right at us like the Cowboys did, knowing that we have the speed at LB to contain the outside run.

We will have a lot of trouble with TO especially if we play the kind of passing defense we played yesterday. We can't neutralize him the entire game and he will burn us for probably a couple of scores.

Philly can get a good pass rush from their four defensive linemen. But after rolling over the Dallas D yesterday I am more confident about facing Philly. They will pay dearly if they try to blitz us, they don't have the secondary to afford that, and if the front 4 do collapse the pocket, Daunte will just run it or dump off a short pass.

You guys are right about their running defense, with the pull blockers on our o-line I don't see the
running game as a problem for us.

It will be a close game, high scoring. It will come down to turnovers and penalties, and we've got to score first and take the Philly crowd out early.

sdvikefan
09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

If we loose, I think it will be a very good loss for us. It will keep us focused and keep us working hard. I think the problem last year, was that we won to many games to start the year and got sloppy and lazy. I bet if we would have lost a game or two out of the 1st 6 last year, that we would have had a better record and made the playoffs. I think in this case, and loss against a good football team will be good for us early in the year.

Excellent point.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 03:33 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

The Eagles will probably try to run right at us like the Cowboys did, knowing that we have the speed at LB to contain the outside run.

We will have a lot of trouble with TO especially if we play the kind of passing defense we played yesterday. We can't neutralize him the entire game and he will burn us for probably a couple of scores.

Philly can get a good pass rush from their four defensive linemen. But after rolling over the Dallas D yesterday I am more confident about facing Philly. They will pay dearly if they try to blitz us, they don't have the secondary to afford that, and if the front 4 do collapse the pocket, Daunte will just run it or dump off a short pass.

You guys are right about their running defense, with the pull blockers on our o-line I don't see the
running game as a problem for us.

It will be a close game, high scoring. It will come down to turnovers and penalties, and we've got to score first and take the Philly crowd out early.

We didn't use very many 4 or 5 wr sets, like the coaching had been saying we were gonna use this year, against dallas. I hope we spread their D out and get more of their CB's on the field. I like our matchups with cambell and robinson on their #3 and #4 CB's. Those 2 should be able to get some deep balls pretty easily.

Nightgaunt
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, if Culpepper played like he did at all Sunday afternoon, we shouldn't have any problems putting up points against a semi-weak defense. Culpepper just amazed me on everything he did.All them audibles he called(One for a TD) directing traffic, TUCKING the ball and taking off running when needed, and did you see Moss come up and help him in 3rd Quarter when he got in trouble? That just amazed me, Moss/Culpepper have matured so much in last year its scary. Lets not forget O Smith, this is where were gonna hurt the Eagles the most, they have proved they cant stop the run. We have way to many weapons on offense. 5TD's to 4 different players.

Its gonna come down to whose defense can pull out the big stop when needed is whose gonna win the game. We get no stupid penalties on TO and play D like we did in 3rd-4th Quarter on Dallas, we win this NP.

PhillyGirl
09-13-2004, 03:53 PM
1. The Eagles stadium is GRASS, not FieldTurf. Please do your homework before just posting nonsense.

2. The Eagles don't have CBs? Huh? Last year, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent missed most of last year. Who played? FIRST ROUND PICK Lito Sheppard and THIRD ROUND PICK Sheldon Brown. The Eagles were 9-0 in those games. They aren't nobodies, they are very solid CBs. Most CBs in the NFL are 5'11 or shorter.

Taylor is a nickel back in Seattle after losing the starting job to Lucas. Vincent was about 5 steps behind where he was 3 years ago. As a season ticket holder I can tell you that I witnessed him being burned for long passes a few times each game.

You can buy into the BS that the media feeds you about how the Eagles CBs are their weakest point, but let me tell you..if you DO buy into that, you'll be very surprised when you watch them.

PhillyGirl
09-13-2004, 03:55 PM
wow, I can't believe how misinformed some you are. The Eagles have a WEAK defense? Huh? They gave up like 150 GARBAGE yards to the Giants yesterday. Enough already.

Wait, you know what? I'd rather you stay misinformed...that way, you'll feel stupid come Monday.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Wow, welcome Philly Girl.

Glad to have, will be fun game next Monday.

But one thing the Cowboys learned you double or Triple team Moss and you will get burned by us.

We have a much deeper receiving core than anybody is giving us credit for.

bleedpurple
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
The colts scare me more that Philly. Plus we were like 4-1 agains teams that use the west coast offense last year.

Sorry but the Giants suck and are much worse than the cowboys. Plus the Cowboys to me looked like they will have a pretty good team this year.

We shut T.O. down last year, and I think it will be a very good game this year.

I'm not too worried about the Eagles defense. Good or bad corners, our offense just has too many weapons to account for.

It will come down to defense. I just hope Cotrell can get his act and the defenses act together before Monday.

I think we came out expecting Dallas to run the ball and weren't expecting them to pass like that, but Dallas's receivers aren't exaclty slouches.

Plus, Remember, Minnesota has a way of getting up for BIG games, and this one is as big as any on our schedule.

Vikes in a barn-burner....31-28.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Your CB's are your weakest point on D.
You have a serious pass rush, and some decent backers with a couple years under thier belts. But we aren't the giants.

Our O-line will easily handle your D. And I suspect Between Runyan, and Thomas you will easily handle ours.

So a shoot out will be inevitable. The outcome uncertain.

Sheldon Brown 5'10 Lito Sheppard 5'10 Safties skimming 6'0

Moss 6'4 Robinson 6'3

Gonna be an awesome game. Who ever said your D is weak? We will try to expose your lack of run D, and you did have 5 sacks on a really sub par Giants O-line.

But like I said we aint the Giants.

This is one of the toughest games this year and probably an NFC championship matchup.

The toughest game this year for us IMO Titans+GB

PhillyGirl
09-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Believe what you want. The weakest point of our defense is our LB corps, NOT our secondary.

And for those saying things like, "our offense just has too many weapons to account for. "..what exactly do you think the Eagles offense is? Westbrook is moving into the upper echelon of RBs. 13 TDs in 14 games last year as part of a running back by committee. Chad Lewis and LJ Smith are TOUGH TEs. Freddie Mitchell is no slouch either. If you start doubling TO, you've got to deal with Pinkston, Mitchell, Westbrook, Ritchie, and the TEs. Oh yeah, and there is that McNabb guy.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Philly Girl, I think you have a good offense, but we have a guy named Cullpepper that lead the league in QB ratings this week and can run very well.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Running back by committe means nothing. So what someone runs it in from the 3 yard line big deal. He won't be a factor in this game.

I doubt we will double TO.

Westbrook is always a threat and it will be a shoot out. Your two starting CB's totalled a wopping 2 interceptions between them last year. I'm shaking in my boots.

If your LB's are your weakest then thats even better we will run all over you then set up the play action and be set. Have fun trying to sell that "Westbrook is an upper echelon RB" garbage.

Your TE's are tough even if one of them did come from BYU and they should have a huge game. McNabb is a great QB IMO. Your D-line looks like a bunch of Chris Hovan's none of them living up to the hype. Kearse is a wildcard he could make a difference and your coach is a great one indeed.

So this game may be decided by the coaches and how they prepare I know Reid is going to be ready. I hope we are.

As far as talent don't even try. Please you don't have half the offensive weapons we do.

PhillyGirl
09-13-2004, 04:41 PM
We don't have half the offensive weapons?

OK...with that ignorant comment, I'm outta here. I can't deal with that nonsensical speak.

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 04:46 PM
:salute:

C-ya. Good luck.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 05:29 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

OK...with that ignorant comment, I'm outta here. I can't deal with that nonsensical speak.

Why do all these people go on the other teams web sites expecting them to praise their team and bow down and say that their team is better?

VKG4LFE
09-13-2004, 06:03 PM
We don't need to double TO. We shut him down last year will one good CB. This year we have two to line up against him!! He'll be crying by the second quarter!

vikingsalltheway
09-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Eagle trolls are already here better start banning any eagle fan that gets out of line webby.

packmanxxxi
09-13-2004, 06:38 PM
ok- I do think that Philly will win... but to the person who said that Philly doesn't have half the offensive weapons should look at the roster. QB's are a wash, WR's (all around) are a wash, and Philly has a better running game with Bennett out.

I think Philly wins based on a MUCH better defense.

Close game though.

50-0 Philly
j/k

24-20 Philly

Del Rio
09-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Not true at all.

Qb's a wash---------> ok
Running game even------------> LOL yeah right, where did Phili end in the run game last year? Where did we end up?

Wr's a wash---------> try again.

They have better TE's that's it

We have more explosion. Our main RB ran for more yards in less games then theirs did. Our Defense is practically in the same situation, but on Offense it is no contest.

T.O does not = Moss
Pinkston does not = Robinson
Westbrook does not = Burleson

The more I break this down the more it becomes apparent we will win this game. I stand by my comments. Our O-line is better. Our Rb's are better our Wr's are better and IMO our QB is better but I'll say a wash just as not to get anyones undies in a knot.

The Vikes will bring the heat. If you pull individual stats from last year and compare then to ours then tell me who is better.

I say they don't have half the talent we do, and they don't. But you guys are looking at team play and overall record and making assumptions without looking at the facts.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 06:51 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

1. The Eagles stadium is GRASS, not FieldTurf. Please do your homework before just posting nonsense.

2. The Eagles don't have CBs? Huh? Last year, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent missed most of last year. Who played? FIRST ROUND PICK Lito Sheppard and THIRD ROUND PICK Sheldon Brown. The Eagles were 9-0 in those games. They aren't nobodies, they are very solid CBs. Most CBs in the NFL are 5'11 or shorter.

Taylor is a nickel back in Seattle after losing the starting job to Lucas. Vincent was about 5 steps behind where he was 3 years ago. As a season ticket holder I can tell you that I witnessed him being burned for long passes a few times each game.

You can buy into the BS that the media feeds you about how the Eagles CBs are their weakest point, but let me tell you..if you DO buy into that, you'll be very surprised when you watch them.

I actually agree 100% with phillygirl here, they're much better off with shepard and brown, than they would be with vincent and taylor. Both guys were old and at the end of their careers. She is right when she says the LB's are the weak part of their D. They struggle to stop the run, because of lack of size at LB.

Also the eagles have plenty of weapons on offense. This game doesn't come down to who has the better offense anyways, but who's D plays better and who makes the least amount of mistakes. Since there has been a lot of change on both D's, who knows which one will play better. This is why I think it will be a very close game, but unfortunately I give the eagles the knod only cause they are at home and we struggle on the road. Hope I am wrong.

muchluv4smoot
09-13-2004, 06:53 PM
But at the same time, we won't need to double and triple TO, like the eagles will have to do to moss. Brian williams showed last year, that he can shut TO down, and winfield could also do the job. Sure we will double him from time to time, but it is nowhere near the same thing as what teams do to moss.

sdvikefan
09-13-2004, 07:11 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

But at the same time, we won't need to double and triple TO, like the eagles will have to do to moss. Brian williams showed last year, that he can shut TO down, and winfield could also do the job. Sure we will double him from time to time, but it is nowhere near the same thing as what teams do to moss.

But in that game TO was really playing like crap anyway and his attitude sucked. Now that he's in Philly with McNabb I think he's much more dangerous.

I agree though that we don't need to double team him. I think Winfield would be the better coverage guy, as long as he doesn't give him that cushion...TO ate that up against the Giants.

Lito Sheppard is a good, emerging corner but I haven't seen much from Sheldon Brown yet so I don't know.

jackyl
09-13-2004, 07:26 PM
I think the Vikes win 31 - 13

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 08:16 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

ok- I do think that Philly will win... but to the person who said that Philly doesn't have half the offensive weapons should look at the roster. QB's are a wash, WR's (all around) are a wash, and Philly has a better running game with Bennett out.

Close game though.

50-0 Philly
j/k

24-20 Philly

Nice try Packmann but you are wrong again, You must not have watched our game cause with Onterrio in we are better than Philly's running game.

Would take Pepper over McNabb any day of the week!!

And if you take Moss and TO out of the equation, our wide receivers are faster and better!!

Vikings win 33 to 14 and going away

ps. I picked the Boys game 35 - 17 and it was 35 - 17

ADubya26
09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Whoever has more TOP wins, IMO. Haven't you guys noticed that once our offense dominates the game, our defense follows along? We need to come out of the gate fast, and if we do, we will win.

whackthepack
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Close game though.

50-0 Philly
j/k

24-20 Philly

Nice try Packmann but you are wrong again, You must not have watched our game cause with Onterrio in we are better than Philly's running game.

Would take Pepper over McNabb any day of the week!!

And if you take Moss and TO out of the equation, our wide receivers are faster and better!!

Vikings win 33 to 14 and going away

ps. I picked the Boys game 35 - 17 and it was 35 - 17

screwed that up, I picked the game 30 - 17

Kleinsasser40
09-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Vikings 31-14

Why you might ask? Vikings D will be able to shut down Owens. Windfield will do a number on him. They will use their other posession recievers to get their points though, and they will use their run game to a minimum, to pick up a few 3rd downs and maybe get a short TD. The Vikings offense will rock their D though. They got Kearse, thats it on the line, whouldn't be a match for our line. Daunte should be able to spread the ball out and the O will do its usual thing.

Alot of people are probibly really nervous for this game, but I'm not. The Eagles have a few big names and have gotten far in the playoffs, but when you go through the matchups in this game things look pretty damn good for the Vikes.

sdvikefan
09-14-2004, 12:46 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Why do all these people go on the other teams web sites expecting them to praise their team and bow down and say that their team is better?

Keep in mind she's an Eagles fan. They are possibly the rudest, most arrogant, idiotic fans in the country. They have proven that many times. We deal with the worst of the Packer fans day in and day out, but these Eagle fans are way worse I think.

That said, most of what she posted is right on the money. The Eagles offense is loaded with weapons and as much as I am expecting from our new D, I don't think this game will be their best.

dan3ski
09-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Minn 27-Philly 24 in a very well contested game with the ball being moved between the 20 yard lines by both teams.

chubchub
09-14-2004, 02:30 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Close game though.

50-0 Philly
j/k

24-20 PhillyDude-you're high. Culpepper is much better than McNab- Moss is the best in the game(our 2, 3 and 4 receivers crush theirs)- and Onterrio Smith is much better than their R.B.s But-Philly does have a better defense. It will be a good game.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Look, bottom line here is that saying the Eagles have HALF the offensive talent that the vikings do is ignorant. Look it up in the dictionary if you want a definition. It shows you're not doing enough homework. Go back and look at what the Eagles did offensively from week 5 (when McNabb took the tape off his broken thumb) until the end of the season. He was the best QB in the NFL AND that was with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his #1 and #2 WRs. My comment wasn't out of line, it was dead on. Do a little homework to see how good the Eagles' offense actually is. Its NOT just TO and McNabb. Also ignorant was the talk about the CBs being nothing. I pointed that out...and some of the fans on here (who I assume have done their homework) agreed 100% with me.

Secondly, I have never, EVER been called a troll. Nothing I said was troll-ish. But it was a nice attempt to discredit my posts.

Thirdly, nothing I said was rude. I didn't ask anyone to, as someone so eloquently put it, "to praise their team and bow down and say that their team is better". I only asked you to do some research and figure out that the Eagles don't stink, that saying that they have HALF the offensive weapons that the Vikings do is ridiculous, and maybe give your opponent (who is a damn good team) an ounce of credit instead of making them out to seem like some crap team that the Vikings will dismantle easily.

Is that the only way you can talk about your team winning this game? By trying to DISCREDIT the Eagles? What does THAT say? :roll:

Edit - Culpepper is MUCH, MUCH better than McNabb?? To the poster who posted that...what exactly do you think McNabb would have done with Randy Moss the past few years instead of Torrance Small, Charles Johnson, James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his #1 WRs? Just curious. My suggestion? Don't make comments like that...its makes you sound/look stupid.

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 08:17 AM
First of all your first post was defensive. You came here trying to start some stuff. Second of all I have looked at last years stats and the roster, and we are better on paper period. You may have better coaching and team chemistry to help your team, but YOU need to DO YOUR homework.

I said you don't have half the weapons we do. And you all nit pick that statement like it means something. OK perhaps it was an overstatement, so let me change it to you don't have near the weapons we do.

How explosive is your offense against good teams? Were did it finish in total yards last year? Where did it finish in the run game? Total TD's?

So before you start crying on a VIKING board, I suggest you think about what your saying. So far you haven't brought anything to the table yourself. You just assume the exact same things about the Vikings that you suggest I do about Rush Limbaugh's team.

So you are just as ignorant as me........................and apparently I'm pretty damn ignorant

AngloVike
09-14-2004, 08:32 AM
I'll chuck my two pennyworth here on this. Whether people like it or not the Eagles offense is good and will score points - don't be deceived because it was the Giants that they played on Sunday. McNabb is a good QB who has been playing well over a longer period of time than Pep has been.
As Vikes fans we know that Pep is a class act but he needs to do it over a longer period before other fans will recognise this. On a player by player on the offense I believe that we are, at the very least, on an equal footing.

This game is going to be won or lost based on how the two opposing defences play on the night. We know from the Dallas game that our D was not as good as we would hope but that they are a vast improvement on what we have had in previous years. If we can get a jump on them at the start then it may well help our D and not put them under so much pressure.

If the Eagles get behind then they may well start to air it and, much as a pain in the butt that he is, T.O. and Pinkston are players that can make the plays. We shall then see how good our D matches up, we will definitely need to get a bigger pass rush on than we saw Sunday - particularly in the first half when Williams wasn't playing

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 08:35 AM
No one ever said the Eagles weren't good. We all know this is a huge game and it's against an excellent opponent.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 08:59 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

First of all your first post was defensive. You came here trying to start some stuff. Second of all I have looked at last years stats and the roster, and we are better on paper period. You may have better coaching and team chemistry to help your team, but YOU need to DO YOUR homework.

I said you don't have half the weapons we do. And you all nit pick that statement like it means something. OK perhaps it was an overstatement, so let me change it to you don't have near the weapons we do.

How explosive is your offense against good teams? Were did it finish in total yards last year? Where did it finish in the run game? Total TD's?

So before you start crying on a VIKING board, I suggest you think about what your saying. So far you haven't brought anything to the table yourself. You just assume the exact same things about the Vikings that you suggest I do about Rush Limbaugh's team.

So you are just as ignorant as me........................and apparently I'm pretty damn ignorant

I am now dumber for having read that.

Foreman44
09-14-2004, 09:14 AM
The bottom line here is that this game is going to be a great one provided the Vikings' defense executes and gets some pressure on McNabb. If the D starts giving up the kind of yardage they did against the Cowboys (big running holes and lots of over the middle pass completions), it could be a very long evening for the Vikes. My hope is that they will be well prepared and play exceptionally well in order to keep this one close. Make no mistake, the Eagles will be pumped up for this one. We better be as well!
Any worries about the offense vanished with Week One .. they look fantastic. However, the D must be ready for the challenges that a very talented & similiar offense like Philly's presents.
That said, with optimism ... I'll repick the outcome:

Vikings 27
Eagles 24

In overtime

:)

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 09:15 AM
I am now dumber for having read that
:shock:
I'm not sure that was possible.

Here's some stuff for you to chew on...............................................

QB rating #4 in league Pepper 96.4 25td's 11 int's
#20 in league Mcscab 79.6 16td's 11 int's

Moss #2 in receptions #2 in yds #1 in TD's
Your team ...........who knows they are way down the list.
I mean Moe Williams and Sasser have more then your recievers do
EXCEPT owens who is still way the hell down there.

Interceptions we have 2 people in the top 5 #2B.Russ #3 Cavous #14 B. Williams, your guys are not to be found

Sacks= we win

Total Points for Minnesota 416 Eagles 374

Long receptions Moss+Campbell top 10

Avg yards per catch Pinkston wins

You guys have the #2 redzone offense we have #4

Minnesota #1 Offense #4 pass #4 run HMMM????? #1 Offense? You dont say.

Philly #18 #9rush # 20 pass

Total D
Min= 23
Phi= 20

Total yards 6294 for min
5035 for Philly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wanted research. You have contributed nothing to this thread. You piss and moan about your poor eagles and how all the people are mean to you Boo Hoo......I posted on a Viking Forum and tried to talk shit and failed.

Listen I know reading my posts make people dumber. That doesn't hurt my feelings. You my friend are a hypocrite "duh....look it up in da dictionary." If you need help understanding what that means.

The game will be a great game. We have more explosiveness on offense period. And your whole little speel about not being a troll is really starting to wear thin when your contributions to this conversation take the path of an 8yr old. So go back from whence you came debil!

Kleinsasser40
09-14-2004, 10:20 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Here's some stuff for you to chew on...............................................

Interceptions we have 2 people in the top 5 #2B.Russ #3 Cavous #14 B. Williams, your guys are not to be found

Sacks= we win

Total D
Min= 23
Phi= 20

Total yards 6294 for min
5035 for Philly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wanted research. You have contributed nothing to this thread. You piss and moan about your poor eagles and how all the people are mean to you Boo Hoo......I posted on a Viking Forum and tried to talk shit and failed.

Listen I know reading my posts make people dumber. That doesn't hurt my feelings. You my friend are a hypocrite "duh....look it up in da dictionary." If you need help understanding what that means.

The game will be a great game. We have more explosiveness on offense period. And your whole little speel about not being a troll is really starting to wear thin when your contributions to this conversation take the path of an 8yr old. So go back from whence you came debil!

:cheers: Del Rio scores one for the Vikes!

By the way PhillyGirl, thank you for having us look up the stats. It really does help at least me have even more faith in the Vikes for this next game! :laughing3:

tarkenton10
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Philly girl welcome to the site. You have some points that your secondary is better but they still have to cover Moss. That in itself will make that the weakness of your defense. The vikes, however, underachieve on grass and are not adominate team away from the dome. Bottom line Philly girl it is going to be a close game. No need to get upset because we like some of our matchups against your team. Isn't that why you came here, to debate Viking fans. I live by Philly and everyone is all caught up in super bowl talk but there are other teams that could beat you guys. Like Carolina did last year.

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Without a doubt the Eagles have prooven they are one of teams to beat. When I made my comments this is what was running through my head:

The Vikings are super explosive. They have so many ways to jab you it isn't even funny. But they are very unstable. They need the mental part to come together.

The Eagles are winners. They find a way to win. Maybe their numbers aren't as magnificent as ours, but their record shows they have the X factor. IMO that is coaching and stability.

When you break the two teams down. I feel that the Vikings are much more talented on offense, but the Eagles play as a team better. So that is where my statement came from.

And I stand by that statement, but that in no way means that the Eagles are a push over. What it means is there is some serious potential for us to win if we do the things we need to do and make few mistakes.

When I said your CB's were the weak link I was judging that to THIS game against OUR recievers. You did inform us your LB's were the weak link and I found that informative and and even better thing for us.

Truth is I beleive any Defensive backfield is a weak link against Moss and Company, but I am biased. But if the LB's are the soft spot then we should be able to run the ball fairly well. The only point of concern for me now is Sasser is out and he is one of our big weapons with his blocking and check down ability.

We need good blocking because these guys have a mean pass rush, and we don't need our QB getting smacked around.

As for insulting you and your team I apologize. Always good to have rivals posting here.

UkViking
09-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Mighty Vikes 20
Beagles 18
Campbell for 2 TDs :cheers:

Kleinsasser40
09-14-2004, 04:32 PM
"UkViking" wrote:

Mighty Vikes 20
Beagles 18
Campbell for 2 TDs :cheers:

I dont know about the score you posted, but I believe that the supporting WR cast will have most of the yardage and points in this game. The Eagles will focus to much on Moss, and seeing how Daunte spread out the ball on sunday, i am sure he will be seeing Moss double and triple covered and find Burley underneath, or campbell deep on the opposite side, or even a few smith or wiggins passes here and there.

We will beat them with what they least expect, the short pass game. We got robinson and burley, who have great hands and are good posession recievers, send moss deep to spread the coverage, and have burley or robinson find the holes. As it has been said, Moss can catch, but he can be also used as a powerful diversion. If the D sees him streaking down the field those safties are going to start running backwards, and that should open up a lot of space. :thumbleft:

purplehorn
09-14-2004, 04:48 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

LOl good one, glad to see ya back PG.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:33 PM
We can beat philly , use claiborne as a spy on Mcnabb and force turnovers on them. Eagles are not that good at home viking fans and i know we can beat them if we play like we did sunday.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Sacks= we win

Total D
Min= 23
Phi= 20

Total yards 6294 for min
5035 for Philly

By the way PhillyGirl, thank you for having us look up the stats. It really does help at least me have even more faith in the Vikes for this next game! :laughing3:

What exactly did those stats prove? That Randy Moss makes Culpepper a much better QB? None of my questions were answered that I asked.

What do you think Culpepper would have done with the 4 WRs that McNabb has had to deal with for the past 5 years? Look what he's done CONSISTENTLY with that garbage. Culpepper has had Moss this whole time and he hasn't been nearly as consistently good as McNabb.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:50 PM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

We can beat philly , use claiborne as a spy on Mcnabb and force turnovers on them. Eagles are not that good at home viking fans and i know we can beat them if we play like we did sunday.

This is what I mean...not that good at home? What are you talking about? I think you are meaning that the Vikings aren't as good on the road.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:51 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Sacks= we win

Total D
Min= 23
Phi= 20

Total yards 6294 for min
5035 for Philly

What exactly did those stats prove? That Randy Moss makes Culpepper a much better QB? None of my questions were answered that I asked.

What do you think Culpepper would have done with the 4 WRs that McNabb has had to deal with for the past 5 years? Look what he's done CONSISTENTLY with that garbage. Culpepper has had Moss this whole time and he hasn't been nearly as consistently good as McNabb.

They made it to the title game once but two losing seasons followed by a 9-7 record last year. This year we have to win!!! :angryfire:

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

This is what I mean...not that good at home? What are you talking about? I think you are meaning that the Vikings aren't as good on the road.

No you lost 3 games at home last year or actually 4 counting the title game. Thats not good at all.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:53 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Philly girl welcome to the site. You have some points that your secondary is better but they still have to cover Moss. That in itself will make that the weakness of your defense. The vikes, however, underachieve on grass and are not adominate team away from the dome. Bottom line Philly girl it is going to be a close game. No need to get upset because we like some of our matchups against your team. Isn't that why you came here, to debate Viking fans. I live by Philly and everyone is all caught up in super bowl talk but there are other teams that could beat you guys. Like Carolina did last year.

Wait just a minute, my points never said that there were no teams that could beat us. The Vikings could beat us, you think I'm that dumb or blind to think otherwise?

But for people on here to say that Culpepper is a MUCH MUCH better QB than McNabb or that the CBs are the weakness (when the Eagles LBs are far bigger a weakness) is wrong and should be debated. Never did I say garbage like, "you suck, we rule!" or "you have no shot!" or any nonsense like that. But if posters on here are going to talk smack, at least know what you are talking about. If you don't, I'll point it out.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:54 PM

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

No you lost 3 games at home last year or actually 4 counting the title game. Thats not good at all.

First 2 games of the year = major team issues. They lost one the rest of the season. They're great at home.

VKG4LFE
09-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Claiborne couldn't keep up with McNabb if he was a spy, put the monster Thomas as a spy if anyone. The thing that will be different this year against TO will be the fact that McNabb can move and he does it well. Garcia could move, but he didn't do it much against the vikes last year. I think it's going to be a great game, but we will come out on the tail end.

Vikes 27
Eagles 37

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:55 PM

They made it to the title game once but two losing seasons followed by a 9-7 record last year. This year we have to win!!! :angryfire:

Exactly my point. Look what McNabb has done with those 4 WRs. Each of those 4 have been either a #1 WR or #2 WR for him for all of his years in the NFL. Think about that for a second. Think about what he's done with that. Its amazing.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:56 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"tarkenton10" wrote:

Wait just a minute, my points never said that there were no teams that could beat us. The Vikings could beat us, you think I'm that dumb or blind to think otherwise?

Eagle fan where did we talk smack? Of course culpepper in my opinion is just as good as mcnabb. He can run like Mcnabb and has had more weapons than mcnabb in the past but not now. Mcnabb isn't any better since he can't win the big one.

But for people on here to say that Culpepper is a MUCH MUCH better QB than McNabb or that the CBs are the weakness (when the Eagles LBs are far bigger a weakness) is wrong and should be debated. Never did I say garbage like, "you suck, we rule!" or "you have no shot!" or any nonsense like that. But if posters on here are going to talk smack, at least know what you are talking about. If you don't, I'll point it out.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 05:56 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

LOl good one, glad to see ya back PG.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

First 2 games of the year = major team issues. They lost one the rest of the season. They're great at home.

Yeah but they lost to teams like tampa, sf and new england and two of those three teams were below .500

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 05:59 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Claiborne couldn't keep up with McNabb if he was a spy, put the monster Thomas as a spy if anyone. The thing that will be different this year against TO will be the fact that McNabb can move and he does it well. Garcia could move, but he didn't do it much against the vikes last year. I think it's going to be a great game, but we will come out on the tail end.

Vikes 27
Eagles 37

VKGforlife you arent a viking fan are you? Yesterday you were predicting us to lose and now today your predicting us to lose again.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
No, in those first 2 games of the year, the problem was this:

Andy Reid's playcalling:

37 pass calls, 16 rush in week one
48 pass calls, 17 rush in week two.

Makes it really easy to be a defensive coordinator when all your opponent does is try to pass.

Week 3, Reid was finally forced to run the ball when McNabb hurt his thumb...guess what? We won.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 06:05 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Andy Reid's playcalling:

Makes it really easy to be a defensive coordinator when all your opponent does is try to pass.

Week 3, Reid was finally forced to run the ball when McNabb hurt his thumb...guess what? We won.

Well you should have beat dallas but it was reid who cost you that one by trying an onside kick and it backfired on him. I hope the Eagles win that division to tell you the truth cause i sure dont want the cowgirls to win. Good luck to the Eagles but with a loss monday night. :lol:

VKG4LFE
09-14-2004, 06:06 PM
vatw I am a huge vikings fan, but you need to think about it. Our D is still gelling and we are playing a very good team on the road in a hostile environment on Monday Night Football. (sorry for the run on sentence). I am trying to have an unbiased view/opinion. I want us to win more than anything and don't question my being a viking fan because there is nothing I like more than the vikes. We have one hell of a team, but let's face it. We will lose some games this year! It won't be the end of the world IF we lose to philly, but if we beat them it won't be our ticket to the super bowl either.

PhillyGirl
09-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Cowboys won't win anything. Overrated defense and Vinny at QB. Need I say more?

Roy Williams has got to be as overrated as it gets. I've never seen such a "hard hitter" have little 5'8 RBs break his tackles so regularly.

He still can't hold Dawkins' jock.

vikingsalltheway
09-14-2004, 06:08 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Roy Williams has got to be as overrated as it gets. I've never seen such a "hard hitter" have little 5'8 RBs break his tackles so regularly.

Yeah you eagle fans had to love us beating them?

sdvikefan
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
One thing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet unless I missed it is the Eagles defensive line. Hugh Douglas, Jevon Kearse, and Corey Simon. There is a load of talent on that line as far as pass rushing, much better than the overrated Cowboys.

Now I think our o-line will allow us to run effectively, but pass protection could be a problem in this game. If it weren't for Daunte's mobility I'd be even more worried, but our line will need to afford Daunte plenty of time or else it will be a long night.

Del Rio
09-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Those stats were in reference to our weapons on offense.

You yourself just called your wide recievers garbage.

And yes with the good O-line that the Eagles have I feel Pepper could do just as well as Mcnabb. And Mcnabb could succeed here as well. Because they are both good quarterbacks. Lasts years stats show Pepper coming out on top.

You asked for research so I had to go off of last year. If your gonna get all defensive over nothing then you as well just STFU, because no one here threatened your team and no one here is considering you a push over.

I believe we have way more weapons on offense then you do. I am entitled to believe that. I threw some stats up there supporting my OPINION and you come back with some more attempts at shit talking.

I think you guys have a very good chance to beat the snot out of us, that has never been a question here.

whackthepack
09-14-2004, 07:13 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

If your team under-estimates the Cowboys like you are doing, you will lose to them.

Their team has some weapons and their D is solid.

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 02:07 AM
Hey Philly Girl,
I Have a question for you. Did yo uwatch the Vike vs Cowboy game last weekend? If yo uanalyze those stats you will see that it is not Moss' talent that makes Daunte a good QB, as you stated previously. He distributed the ball to 9 different recievers. On one drive he hit 5 different guys. He called i believe it was 10 audibles in the game, and 2 of those audibles including the O. Smith play were Touchdowns.

Any QB who distributes the ball like he did is not a QB who has only one reciever who makes him look good, instead of him being good. Daunte is a good acurate QB who can read coverages well and can throw the ball in between defenders.

By the way, its funny that yo ubring up another weakness in the Eagles offense. You say that we have one reciever who makes our offense lok good...correct? Well look at your offense now. That last game, how many of McScab's TDs were to Owens? Exactly, where the hell do you think Scab will be throwing the ball on Monday? Now, to the matchup, now that we know McScab's only reciever. Windfield and Owens, as stated before last year Brian Williams shut down TO, and Windfield is better than TO. Windfield is faster, smarter, and has more experience than Williams. Against Dallas we didn't know where the hell the ball would be thrown, but agains the likes of the Eagles we do know, and it will be easy to shut down the one decent reciever you have. :violent3:

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 02:58 AM
BTW we just came up to #2 in the CBS power rankings. One in front of the eagles.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7652074

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 07:39 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Hey Philly Girl,
I Have a question for you. Did yo uwatch the Vike vs Cowboy game last weekend? If yo uanalyze those stats you will see that it is not Moss' talent that makes Daunte a good QB, as you stated previously. He distributed the ball to 9 different recievers. On one drive he hit 5 different guys. He called i believe it was 10 audibles in the game, and 2 of those audibles including the O. Smith play were Touchdowns.

Any QB who distributes the ball like he did is not a QB who has only one reciever who makes him look good, instead of him being good. Daunte is a good acurate QB who can read coverages well and can throw the ball in between defenders.

By the way, its funny that yo ubring up another weakness in the Eagles offense. You say that we have one reciever who makes our offense lok good...correct? Well look at your offense now. That last game, how many of McScab's TDs were to Owens? Exactly, where the hell do you think Scab will be throwing the ball on Monday? Now, to the matchup, now that we know McScab's only reciever. Windfield and Owens, as stated before last year Brian Williams shut down TO, and Windfield is better than TO. Windfield is faster, smarter, and has more experience than Williams. Against Dallas we didn't know where the hell the ball would be thrown, but agains the likes of the Eagles we do know, and it will be easy to shut down the one decent reciever you have. :violent3:

Until you stop missing my point (which was obviously that McNabb has had the success he's had with the garbage WRs he's had) and stop using names that a 12 year old makes up to talk about players and start knowing your OWN players' names, I can't discuss the game with you.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 07:40 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

BTW we just came up to #2 in the CBS power rankings. One in front of the eagles.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7652074
Seriously are you 12 years old? If so, let me know so I can start to try to understand where you are coming from with posts like this.

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Once again your wisdom and contributions to this conversation are amazing. How bout you proove a point instead of blabbering incoherantly about things you obviously have no clue on.

I say we have more offensive weapons/ you cry about it say I don't know, then you turn around and say your recievers are garbage :shock:

You asked if Pepper could play as well as Mcnabb in Philly and I say yes, mainly due to the O-line.

And when anyone questions you about anything you go off like an over sugared teenager. So instead of trying to insult people that make a point, or trying your super duper one liners, how about you talk some football and enlighten us on your points.

I mean for not being a troll you really haven't said anything that adds to this conversation. I am sure you have some serious points about your team. I know you better know more about them then me. But if your going to sit here and avoid the conversation by picking on people's grammar or calling them names you're just a troll.

Because so for this is how the conversation goes.

Me "you don't have half the weapons we do"
You"OMG how iggnorant I'm so mad, I'm outa here"
Me "Don't let the door hit you in the ass"
You"Oh hey I'm back stupidhead"
Me"Hey you were right saying you don't have half the weapons we do was an over exaggeration on my part, here are some stats to help proove we have an explosive offense"
You"WTF are those stats supposed to mean. Sorry my reading comprehension is at the 4th grade level.Oh and your dumb"
Me"Yes Pepper could succeed in Philly"
You"hey learn how to spell"

So basically you have contributed crap to this conversation.
Everyone here has typo's and editing is a waste of time we all understand it. So I am open to any intelligent conversation you want to bring, as I'm sure we all are. But in order for that to happen you're gonna have to stop trolling.

wv__viking__fan
09-15-2004, 08:27 AM
I feel we can move the ball up and down the field on the eagles defense. Should be able to put up some points.

Vikes 37
Eagles 21

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 09:01 AM
One thing I did see on the Eagle web site is that their TE's combined for over 100yds and a td. They said the success was from the attention TO was demanding.

This is a potential problem for us IMO. They catch that short ball and head for a long run. And the Eagle WR's aren't affraid to lay a block down.
Hope our young LB's are up to the task.

On a side Not Mike Tice said that the Eagles have a different D package against each team, and that they love to bring the zone blitz. He said he hopes they do blitz. Out of 4 blitzes last week 2 went for huge yards. So inviting a blitz shows his confidence in what we have on O.

tarkenton10
09-15-2004, 09:38 AM
PG - Dawkins is good but you are losing your reasoning when you say Roy williams can't hold Dawkin's jock. Between the two Dawkins would be overrated. I think Dawkins is a good DB but compared to Williams he is a notch below. Williams hits harder and is faster, and I think is more instinctive than Dawkins. But we are talking about the game. Culpepper and Mcnabb have still have to prove themselves. Both are not proven in my book. So let's look at the game. Your D has trouble stopping the run. We are one of the best in the league: Advantage Vikes. Passing - You have young DB's covering our WR. Advantage Vikes. Your O is has TO and Mcnabb against our DB's: Advantage Wash - if williams starts. our run D is suspect so you could have a decent game against us: Slight Advantage Eagles. Broken down the Vikes have a slight edge but you are at home. Should be a great game - That is why they play the games.

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 01:53 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Hey Philly Girl,

Until you stop missing my point (which was obviously that McNabb has had the success he's had with the garbage WRs he's had) and stop using names that a 12 year old makes up to talk about players and start knowing your OWN players' names, I can't discuss the game with you.

PhillyGirl, please respond to this post with your great knowledge. I appologize for all of the names that I called your players. Please respond to this post.

owensforpres
09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
this will be the best game to watch all year, t.o. and moss out doing eachother can't wait

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 02:48 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Once again your wisdom and contributions to this conversation are amazing. How bout you proove a point instead of blabbering incoherantly about things you obviously have no clue on.

I say we have more offensive weapons/ you cry about it say I don't know, then you turn around and say your recievers are garbage :shock:

You asked if Pepper could play as well as Mcnabb in Philly and I say yes, mainly due to the O-line.

And when anyone questions you about anything you go off like an over sugared teenager. So instead of trying to insult people that make a point, or trying your super duper one liners, how about you talk some football and enlighten us on your points.

I mean for not being a troll you really haven't said anything that adds to this conversation. I am sure you have some serious points about your team. I know you better know more about them then me. But if your going to sit here and avoid the conversation by picking on people's grammar or calling them names you're just a troll.

Because so for this is how the conversation goes.

Me "you don't have half the weapons we do"
You"OMG how iggnorant I'm so mad, I'm outa here"
Me "Don't let the door hit you in the ass"
You"Oh hey I'm back stupidhead"
Me"Hey you were right saying you don't have half the weapons we do was an over exaggeration on my part, here are some stats to help proove we have an explosive offense"
You"WTF are those stats supposed to mean. Sorry my reading comprehension is at the 4th grade level.Oh and your dumb"
Me"Yes Pepper could succeed in Philly"
You"hey learn how to spell"

So basically you have contributed crap to this conversation.
Everyone here has typo's and editing is a waste of time we all understand it. So I am open to any intelligent conversation you want to bring, as I'm sure we all are. But in order for that to happen you're gonna have to stop trolling.

OK, lets start at the beginning of your unbelievably ridiculous post:

1. I said the WRs that McNabb has had to deal with as his #1 WR for the past 5 years (OBVIOUSLY prior to TO) have been garbage. Where did I say that all of our WRs are garbage. Pinkston is a #2, Mitchell is a slot WR...Thrash could have been a good #3, but he was a #1 on this team. Therefore, all of our #1 WRs have been garbage. My question was never answered about Culpepper with those WRs as his #1 WR. Don't twist what I said, I made it damn clear. The Eagles have had a solid Oline for the past 4 years. Pro-Bowlers and consistency...but with NO #1 WR threat, it kills any hope of a vertical attack. Culpepper has always had Moss. McNabb has JUST gotten himself a #1 WR for the first time in his entire career.

2. Do you really expect me to respond to posts from Kleinsasser40 that call McNabb McScab? Come on.

3. Did I correct someone's grammar? Where? The only thing I made fun of was Kleinsasser40's immaturity in making up names for players like 12 yeras olds do. How can you possibly have a conversation with someone that does that?

4. My points have been well taken by those who bothered to read them. Obviously, you haven't.

Del Rio
09-15-2004, 03:21 PM

If your #1 reciever sucked so much ass wouldn't the great one pass to #2 and if #2 was so good wouldn't #2 then by default become...............................#1? :shaking:

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
"PhillyGirl wrote:

2. Do you really expect me to respond to posts from Kleinsasser40 that call McNabb McScab? Come on.

3. Did I correct someone's grammar? Where? The only thing I made fun of was Kleinsasser40's immaturity in making up names for players like 12 yeras olds do. How can you possibly have a conversation with someone that does that?

PhillyGirl,

Lets get one thing straight, something that I do not think you ahve grasped yet. YOU ARE ON A VIKINGS CHAT BOARD! If you come on here the way you have on previous posts you are going to take some abuse. You come in here talking sh*t about Daunte and then start crying when I call McNabb a name...talk about immaturity. Is it more immature to call someone a name, or to decide to not respond to that person's argument because the other person called your QB that name.

Its obvious that you just don't have the ability to respond to my post, and if you DO then I would love to hear what you have to say. If you start sh*t I will throw sh*t back at you buddy. But as many people on this board know, if you construct well thought arguments and present them in a fashonable manner you will recieve responses with respect from Me, Del Rio, or mostly anyone from this board. Go back to the posts from Cowboy fans. Some came on the site guns-a-blazen and they got shot back at with names such as "CowGirls", however some came on the site wishing for a good game, complimenting both teams, and they were treated with respect even if they said something good about their own team. Some of them even admitted that the boys would probibly actually lose.

Stop hiding, sidestepping, and insulting other people on the site PhillyGirl, and you too will recieve respect back.

PhillyGirl
09-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Considering I've answered and replied to everything asked of me...I'm not sure where I am sidestepping. But, hey, believe what you must. Keep starting threads about how much you hate Philly fans because of me. Enjoy, knock yourself out, etc... :thumbright:

Kleinsasser40
09-15-2004, 04:39 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Considering I've answered and replied to everything asked of me...I'm not sure where I am sidestepping. But, hey, believe what you must. Keep starting threads about how much you hate Philly fans because of me. Enjoy, knock yourself out, etc... :thumbright:

OK PHILLY, go back to PG 7 of this post...you are annoying...I cant wait for it to be next tuesday...

ItalianStallion
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Wow can we lock this thread. You know something is wrong when I don't check it for half a day and there are an additional 50-60 posts.

RandyMoss8404
09-15-2004, 05:50 PM
My internet penis is bigger than yours!

eastcoastvikes
09-15-2004, 05:55 PM
All right here is the deal, at least the way I see it, both these teams are super teams. These are probably 2 of the top 3 teams in the NFC this year, this is going to be a great game, now I think the Vikings will win this game but that has nothing to do with the Eagles sucking and everything to do with the Vikings finally peaking. Onterrio provides a decent running attack, Philly this year has one decent running back in Westbrook. The problem is Philly will throw on the Vikes, however the DB's for Minnesota while not Pro Bowlers all the way around are excellent at creating turnovers with INT's and I think that will be the difference Monday call it 35-24 Minnesota!

RK.
09-16-2004, 01:13 AM
27-24 Vikes :thumbleft:

Foreman44
09-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok, what is the url for the Eagles fan forum like ours here?
I'd be interested to chat some Eagles fans' up

PhillyGirl
09-16-2004, 10:15 AM

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Andy Reid's playcalling:

Well you should have beat dallas but it was reid who cost you that one by trying an onside kick and it backfired on him. I hope the Eagles win that division to tell you the truth cause i sure dont want the cowgirls to win. Good luck to the Eagles but with a loss monday night. :lol:

Thanks and you see? We had decent conversation before you started to believe the nonsense. I have no issue with you...but starting the thread you did was uncalled for. We WERE having decent football talk.

PS...I agree about that stupid onsides kick. as soon as I saw them do it, I was SCREAMING at the TV. Ugh. What worked in 2000 wasn't going to work in 2003. :pukeright: What a terrible feeling it was spotting them 7 points. :cry: