PDA

View Full Version : randy's return

marshallvike
08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
what is the talk up there in minny. will moss be hailed as a returning hero or will he be bood when introduced. i think even i had enough of the antics by the time he left, but there is no question he was under a microscope during his viking career. he was scrutinized more than almost anyone in the nfl. i prefer to remember him flying up and down the field, gaining huge chunks of yardage for us. especially against the pack. he seemed to have his best games against the hated green and yellow. i hope he gets great support........until the game starts.

VikingsTw
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't believe there's any reason to boo him. For one thing he was traded and he had no control over that, and if he did want to be traded there was probably good reason for it...our owner sucked.

vikeswin2005
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I and many others that AI have talked to that will be in attendance have also said they will cheer, Daunte on the other hand that IS different..........

Vikes_King
08-13-2006, 11:02 AM
he didnt want to be traded Tw

and i know there will be some booing, but i can also gaurantee you'll see a good number of #84 jerseys in the crowd, i for one will be cheering him from my room, always has been one of my favorite players - even if he isnt in purple

vikes4lyfe
08-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Yep same, I would be cheering for him from my room. He was one of my favourite player even if he not a vikings

marshallvike
08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
that's good to hear. he did a lot for our team. i hope the game is broadcast here outside chicago so i can see it. i will feel good for him until opening kick-off, then i will be screaming at (him) the tv.

cc21
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
If I was there I would cheer for him. I have no reasons why I wouldn't until the game starts. Obviously if he scores a td or something I won't cheer for him but I still like and respect him.

BadlandsVikings
08-13-2006, 11:35 AM
There will be more cheers than boos.
I wonder if he'll play longer than he did against the eagles

Lotza
08-13-2006, 11:51 AM
boooooos!!!

twill
08-13-2006, 11:59 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

I and many others that AI have talked to that will be in attendance have also said they will cheer, Daunte on the other hand that IS different..........

i totally agree... i think daunte is a trader! To me eventhough randy is gone, in my eyes hell always be a viking. Hopefully we can get him back the end of the year. sounds like a long shot, but you never know what can happen

VikesfaninWis
08-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I am sure he will have a mixed reaction.. Some fans still love him, and some hate him for his actions.. The one thing we can't deny is that he was a great player for us.. If it weren't for Randy Moss, we wouldn't have won that many games in those years.. If I were at the Dome monday night, I would cheer him when he was introduced, then boo him when we start playing.. Pretty much the same thing I will do from my living room on monday night..

kjdaddy
08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
I wouldnt boo...like others have said, I don't think Randy wanted it... (I will boo Daunte to no end when I see him.)
It will be kinda sad for me to see him though.
Probably wont play more than one or two series but I bet they send him deep.
Get ready Freddy!!

JellyBean2144
08-13-2006, 01:31 PM
I know I will be cheering for the guy. The dude made Vikings games fun again. I have no reason to boo him.

singersp
08-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Lance Johnstone will be returning also.
;)

Vikes_King
08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
oh §hit thats right! i forgot he was a raider now

i always liked lance =(

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
since its only preseason, i'd love to see a deep bomb to randy just for old times sake.
i'll always be a fan of him, he was the most exciting reciever in the game.

TroyWilliamson
08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

since its only preseason, i'd love to see a deep bomb to randy just for old times sake.
i'll always be a fan of him, he was the most exciting reciever in the game.

Although he got injured last year he was on pace to set like all new season records for himself and some NFL records. I still think that if Randy stays healthy he is by far the best receiver in the game.

marcosMN
08-13-2006, 04:40 PM
"TroyWilliamson" wrote:

Although he got injured last year he was on pace to set like all new season records for himself and some NFL records. I still think that if Randy stays healthy he is by far the best receiver in the game.

Not with Brooks under center...

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2006, 04:55 PM
having brooks throw to him won't make him any worse of a reciever, it will just hurt his numbers

marcosMN
08-13-2006, 05:01 PM
I stand corrected...

Prophet
08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Posted on Sun, Aug. 13, 2006
Moss to make return to Metrodome
JON KRAWCZYNSKI
Associated Press
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/15266728.htm

Moss growth
A more subdued Raider wideout returns to Minnesota
David White, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, August 12, 2006
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/12/SPGF5KHET11.DTL

Prophet
08-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Moss to visit his old home
The veteran makes his first trip to Minnesota since he played there
By Steve Corkran
CONTRA COSTA TIMES
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/15269541.htm