PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on the win.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
As the title says...congratulations.

THe D just did not show up today...our O did, but where the hell was our D?

Good game, but I already want a rematch...Woodson and a more experienced Pete Hunter should make it a closer matchup.

I'm still proud of my Boys. Good luck to you the rest of the season. See you next time, fellas. :salute:

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:10 PM
yup but your d is bang up but are o is on when there on there it's over

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I still feel if we were at full strength, it would be closer.

Roy's been shadowing Moss all game, we've pretty much kept him in check other than the TD's but everyone us has killed us.

Dixon can't cover for shit, but I am hoping Hunter improves.

AngloVike
09-12-2004, 07:12 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Good game, but I already want a rematch...Woodson and a more experienced Pete Hunter should make it a closer matchup.

I'm still proud of my Boys. Good luck to you the rest of the season. See you next time, fellas. :salute:
Well as I write this the game isn't done yet but don't be hard on your team as they have played well. Vinny has been a thorn in our side today and took our secondary to town at times
credit for coming back guy, be sure to pop back and say Hi now and again :thumbleft:

FightingIrish
09-12-2004, 07:13 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Everytime the Vikings win, I see it as payback for that Herschel Walker fiasco. And I especially love when the Vikes beat the Cowboys.

Nice to see Vinny still has some gas in the tank.

And I'm kinda p.o.'ed that I benched Terry Glenn and started Charles Rogers in FF. :angryfire:

Primetime42
btw, i dont like brian williams attitude right now.

Thats how fights happen. Don't be stupid.

packmanxxxi
Good game Vikings fans... but your D is FAR more suspect than you will let on.... ANd with Udeze looking like his shoulder is hurt again, you could really be in trouble. Not all teams have mediocre offenses like Dallas.... with injuries also to Kleinsauser and Mo Williams... ouch..

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:14 PM
did you see when they hit smith late that was cheap

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Good game Vikings fans... but your D is FAR more suspect than you will let on.... ANd with Udeze looking like his shoulder is hurt again, you could really be in trouble. Not all teams have mediocre offenses like Dallas.... with injuries also to Kleinsauser and Mo Williams... ouch..

hey they got one best group of wr in the nfl johnson.gleen,bryant

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2004, 07:33 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Keyshawn started it, Brian Williams finished it. There's nothing more to the story.

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2004, 07:34 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Kleinsasser and Moe Williams were walking around on the sidelines, Udeze was back in on the next play.

We played zone defense, it didn't work, that'll be corrected. Your post is unfounded.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Keyshawn just talks.

He doesn't roll over somebody and puts his helmet up to theirs.

And if he wanted to finish it, finish it with Keyshawn, not Terry Glenn.

There's a word for that you know.

VikingsTw
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Shut the F$#$ up are u serious Meshawn started that whole thing and Williams sat him on his ass i never heard of him after Brian Williams man handled him on back to back plays.

I have never seen Brian Williams do that but Meshawn pissed him off and it was over. Its offical Brian owned his ass. MAD PROPS to williams he played hurt and played very well.

I'll stick up for Williams anyday hes the man, a one man wrecking crew. Those hits are highlight bound. Nice game.

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
what about the cheap shot on smith you just going ignore that

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:37 PM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

what about the cheap shot on smith you just going ignore thatDidnt see it,

Ill go over game film and let you know what I think

VikingsTw
09-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh dont forget when Newman sat on moss and held him down, they didnt even throw the flag, the officating was BS but the vikes defeded the refs and the cowgirls.

Del Rio
09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Meshawn showed a lot of guts. He got lit up a few times. I agree williams attitude was suspect but since it was directed towards an ass hole anyway I can live with it.

I did see Moss catch a pass over the middle and get commented on for blocking :shock:

Hope YOU saw that

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Don't be a hypocrite.

Plenty of calls went your way.

And learn to spell.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:40 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Meshawn showed a lot of guts. He got lit up a few times. I agree williams attitude was suspect but since it was directed towards an ass hole anyway I can live with it.

I did see Moss catch a pass over the middle and get commented on for blocking :shock:

Hope YOU saw thatI did see that.

While he ain't Key, he's better than I gave him credit for.

BTW, they're BOTH assholes, so I deal with it. :lol:

Del Rio
09-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Pass interference on Moss, and a whole bunch of your fatties jumping offsides. Your DB climbing on Moss and shoving him down like he was his stepchild was real classy. Too bad Moss turned around and scored on him.

All and all it was fun to watch. Except that our D sucks. And if there weren't so many mistakes by Dallas who know's what would have happened.

I also see that Sanders really gave the Ravens an edge over the overpowering domination of the Browns :lol:

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:46 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Pass interference on Moss, and a whole bunch of your fatties jumping offsides. Your DB climbing on Moss and shoving him down like he was his stepchild was real classy. Too bad Moss turned around and scored on him.

All and all it was fun to watch. Except that our D sucks. And if there weren't so many mistakes by Dallas who know's what would have happened.

I also see that Sanders really gave the Ravens an edge over the overpowering domination of the Browns :lol:Cut him some slack, he's 37 and just got here.

He'll be starting for the 2004 AFC North Champs by October. I'll come back and let you hear about it when it happens. :wink:

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:48 PM
yeah there d played good there offense is horrbile if lewis cant run

i think the ravens will be in the superbowl too

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2004, 07:54 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I also see that Sanders really gave the Ravens an edge over the overpowering domination of the Browns :lol:Cut him some slack, he's 37 and just got here.

He'll be starting for the 2004 AFC North Champs by October. I'll come back and let you hear about it when it happens. :wink:

I notice how you said nothing about how unsportsmanlike Newman played today.

How about Williams' late shove on Moss in the second quarter?

How about Newman sitting on Moss?

How about the seven (I counted) holds/interference calls Newman got away with?

Moss said nothing - except first down, touchdown, touchdown, first down.

sdvikefan
09-12-2004, 07:54 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

I still feel if we were at full strength, it would be closer.

Roy's been shadowing Moss all game, we've pretty much kept him in check other than the TD's but everyone us has killed us.

Dixon can't cover for shit, but I am hoping Hunter improves.

We weren't at full strength either. Irvin, Mixon, and Bennett out.

But good game, Vinny did well and the Cowboys had a lot easier time passing on us than I hoped.

ItalianStallion
09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
In all fairness, I thank you for the sportsmanship PrimeTime.

I was wondering where both defense were all game, and after watching our defense get picked apart by Testaverde I don't feel that great about where we are at right now defensively.

Our offense was pretty much unstoppable. Culpepper played amazing and has really shown me that his awareness and ability to read a defense has skyrocketted since last year. I don't think he made one mistake all game.

Our defense didn't impress me at all. We had some success against the run (sort of). Our pass defense was pretty bad though. We did a good job of tackling. We got very little pressure though, and that is what killed us.

Still good game. Next week will be very tough for us.

sdvikefan
09-12-2004, 07:56 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

lol...that may be true but I think you've got enough to worry about with your own overrated defense playing the defending NFC champs tomorrow night.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 07:57 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

With those new "rules" I don't buy your explanation. I missed the first half, which I will watch later and recap. But from what I've seen, Moss gave as good as he got, and that goes for the rest of your receivers.

I only pointed out Williams because he knew the game was over at the time and Glenn had nothing to do with what happened before.

It's typical i would get responses like I've gotten thus far. :roll:

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 07:59 PM
i dont mind it

it was dirty

but at least are d showed some fire that new the last 5 years are guys did not show fire

SacredStar
09-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the win guys!!

The score was about what I expected, although Dallas held on pretty good for most of the game.

The muffed FG and turnover led to 14 points for the Vikings rather than 6 or possibly 10 points for the Cowboys.....and that imo was the difference. It gave the Vikings the cushion they needed.

As usual, Moss and Culpepper, and your other wr's all looked good. The Viking defense looked good when they had to. Dallas' defense is pourous in the secondary and d-line. They'll have to improve that. I'm pleasantly surprised with Vinny, Keyshawn, and Glenn.....I always knew Antonio Bryant would be good. Eddie George, bless his heart and passion, should not be the starter, and ReShard Lee should be.

All in all a pretty good game to watch, up until midway thru the 4th quarter.

Differences:

Turnovers
Penalties

Take away those, and both these teams look pretty good.

Game was called decent, although even the announcers said both Moss and Robinson pushed off on their td reception.....they saw it, I saw it, yet the refs didn't........but thats the breaks. They still don't push off as good as Irvin did. :P

Hope to see you give the same treatment to Green Bay.

Good luck the rest of the season.

VikingsTw
09-12-2004, 08:01 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Don't be a hypocrite.

And learn to spell.

Hey i got an idea how bout u make a list of bad calls that went toward the vikes, i would like that then i can give u mine. Hell i'll start mine right now.

1. Onterrio was was tripped after a play was over=unsporstman like conduct

2. Steve martin called for defensive holding when double teamed by two lineman?????

3. Newman sat on moss and stuck his hands in his face mask in the endzone?????

4. Terry Glen did not have posession of that TD they gave him, he was inbounds but he did not have possesion of the football.

5. Called Rushen Jones for illegal hands to the face, very very weak call.

It never fails with the Cowboys, bottom line is we beat the shit out of u, so ecept it.

ItalianStallion
09-12-2004, 08:09 PM
guys take it easy at least they are being sportsmanlike. I would laugh my ass off if LoviesBears ever came back here after all the trash he talked.

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2004, 08:12 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

With those new "rules" I don't buy your explanation. I missed the first half, which I will watch later and recap. But from what I've seen, Moss gave as good as he got, and that goes for the rest of your receivers.

I only pointed out Williams because he knew the game was over at the time and Glenn had nothing to do with what happened before.

It's typical i would get responses like I've gotten thus far. :roll:

Your incorrigible inanity has just shot up exponentially, and I LIKE you.

You're simply wrong here.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:12 PM
3. Newman sat on moss and stuck his hands in his face mask in the endzone?????Moss's TD after. Guess he didn't push off?

2. Steve martin called for defensive holding when double teamed by two lineman?????
The defensive holding call, are you serious? Just because he has two guys on him, does not mean he can't hold.

1. Onterrio was was tripped after a play was over=unsporstman like conductI guess Williams didn't deserve an unsportsman like conduct himself a couple of times (There's a difference between talking shit and jumping on someone)

Why is it a weak call? Because you say so?

4. Terry Glen did not have posession of that TD they gave him, he was inbounds but he did not have possesion of the football.News flash..they reviewed it. TD. If you want to talk about phanton calls, look at the 40+ yard PI call on Dixon.
"vikingstw" wrote:

It never fails with the Cowboys, bottom line is we beat the shit out of u, so ecept it.Glad to. First of all read my first thread. I can accept it, but I don't have to like it. You, like some of the others on this board that don't think (That does not apply to most of you, you've really been great) have given me the same tired line over and over. You've got a biased opinion of Cowboy fans. So I'll say the same thing I said to them...tough shit. I'm gone after today anyway.

The mods don't seem to have a problem with what I've said, so who's really being the jerk here?

Not many would go back to the other team's site to offer a congratulatory post.

SacredStar
09-12-2004, 08:14 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Don't be a hypocrite.

And learn to spell.

Hey i got an idea how bout u make a list of bad calls that went toward the vikes, i would like that then i can give u mine. Hell i'll start mine right now.

1. Onterrio was was tripped after a play was over=unsporstman like conduct

3. Newman sat on moss and stuck his hands in his face mask in the endzone?????

4. Terry Glen did not have posession of that TD they gave him, he was inbounds but he did not have possesion of the football.

It never fails with the Cowboys, bottom line is we beat the shit out of u, so ecept it.

C'mon stw......you sure about all that?

It's the heat of battle, against America's Team, after a crushing last play loss that catapulted them of the playoffs last season. Put all that together and Minnesota doesn't want to make the same mistake again.

All the replays showed Glenn had control of the ball, so that point is mute.

The Vikings won, they are the better team at this time, but I will bet anyone here that Dallas makes it to another SB before Minnesota does.

sdvikefan
09-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Terry Glenn did have possession of that ball. It was a real nice dive.

But Terence Newman sitting on Moss like that is unacceptable. I'm not too upset about it though, Moss showed him up with a TD catch.

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 08:23 PM
every one stop with officils

they might been cheap by williams

but roy rowland aka roy williams is far more dirty player look what happened to calico

is dirty just did not get his shot today

so stop complain about dirty play

jackyl
09-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah Newman sitting on Moss was worse that anything Williams did today. I wish Johnson had half the skill as he has mouth. For someone who wasn't very productive, he sure ran his mouth all over the dome today. I was overall more impressed with the 'boys O than I had expected to be. Should look better with a running game too. Vikes look really good this year.

sdvikefan
09-12-2004, 08:26 PM
The Cowboys o-line played very well especially LA and Flozell. Only problem was all their penalties but I'm sure Parcells will put an end to that.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:27 PM
why would you label a guy as 'dirty' when he has never received a letter from Gene Washington telling him to cough up 25G's? You know that if he ever DID have a hand in a dirty play Washington would be all over him by the next day.

Now, if you want to call a guy like Brian Dawkins dirty, that's something else, but to call Roy dirty is pretty baseless.

I'm sorry about Calico, but shit happens. This is the NFL. I'm sure he wasn't going into the play saying 'let me snap both of this guy's knees'

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 08:28 PM
he was out bounds

well im out i would love to agrue with but im out

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Damn jackyl, you're hard to please.

9 catches for 111 yard is unproductive now? :shock:

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:29 PM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

he was out bounds

well im out i would lve to agrue with but im out1 knee = 2 feet. Look it up.

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah gleen was in

im talking about calico

SacredStar
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Usually I don't get involved in ref arguments because really the game is over, no-one can change the outcome and refs are not nor will ever be perfect, and that goes for all us here......no-one is perfect.

So I say it again.........The Vikings are clearly better on both sides of the ball and deserved to win. Congrats.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:31 PM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

yeah gleen was in

im talking about calicoWas he out when Roy latched on to him?

That kind of thing happens all the time. Shit, it happened at least 5x in every game today I bet.

Once again, it's being overblown. Did he get a phone call? Did he get fined?

No.

jackyl
09-12-2004, 08:32 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Damn jackyl, you're hard to please.

9 catches for 111 yard is unproductive now? :shock:

I was at the dome.... for as much as he jawed you'd have thought he went for 250 and 4 scores.

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
I see.

pudgesoprano
09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
will williams i dont think so hey it a contact sport sh!t happens im saying if b.williams is dirty then roy is too i dont mind he did not know he was going hurt him but if ones dirty then the other is too

Primetime42
09-12-2004, 08:35 PM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

will williams i dont think so hey it a contact sport sh!t happens im saying if b.williams is dirty then roy is too i dont mind he did not know he was going hurt him but if ones dirty then the other is tooDid I say B.Williams was dirty?

I just said what he was doing was unnecessary. Why would you do that to a guy when you know the game is no longer in doubt and you know all it will do is serve to piss someone off, which could lead to an all out brawl,

It was senseless. That's all I said.

jackyl
09-12-2004, 08:38 PM
I really wish JJ would've been playing today. Did they ever say why George didn't play in the 2nd half???

VikingsTw
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah my bad i just got a better look on the replay on the Glen catch. Very nice i thought he bobled it the whole time. My mistake.

I have never seen Brian Williams be all cocky like that, but i think meshawn pissed him off. He was all in his face and he payed for it in the end. I liked what williams did, cause like Del Rio said Meshawn is an ass hole.

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2004, 08:40 PM
How you can defend Terrence Newman is beyond reason.

Roy is not generally a cheap player, but he took a late shot at Moss. On the next play they clapped each other on the helmet and it didn't happen again.

Newman, however, got shown up, outclassed, and sucks. He got frustrated and it showed.

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2004, 08:42 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"pudgesoprano" wrote:

will williams i dont think so hey it a contact sport sh!t happens im saying if b.williams is dirty then roy is too i dont mind he did not know he was going hurt him but if ones dirty then the other is tooDid I say B.Williams was dirty?

I just said what he was doing was unnecessary. Why would you do that to a guy when you know the game is no longer in doubt and you know all it will do is serve to piss someone off, which could lead to an all out brawl,

It was senseless. That's all I said.

What was senseless, was newman pissing moss off. What was he thinking there? Newman, who i really like, was schooled pretty badly in this game, by moss and even burleson. He sure does like to talk, but he needs to keep playing like he did early last year, and stop talking.

Del Rio
09-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Well when the QB scrambles the WR's become fair game and Moss took more then one shot in those situations. What cracks me up is it's happening right infront of two officials.

That grab by Glenn was awesome. Made my heart sink a bit that they scored in less then 30 seconds, but amazing grab.

I'll take the bet about the boy's going to the bowl before us.

All in all a good game. Hard to play in the dome and they showed heart. Like the announcers here kept saying they all have something to proove.
I hate Meshawn but he played a good game, and I think he has a new attitude especially playing for tuna.

You Cowboy's fans have helped contibute to some interesting conversations on these boards, thanks for that.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Hmmm.... I honestly didn't mind the attitude of B. Will if he had been playing for you though I woulda been pissed! hehehe... Newman really heated me up a couple of times! Other then that great game! I think there was talking about both teams, but thats football and thank god for it! It was a great game to watch!