PDA

View Full Version : Childress hits the coaching lottery - ESPN



Displaced_Viking
08-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Prophet
08-07-2006, 09:55 PM
"Displaced_Viking" wrote:

Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Thank God.

Zeus
08-07-2006, 09:57 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:

Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Thank God.

Amen. You win in the NFL by moving the chains, chewing up the clock, scoring TDs and FGs after long drives all the while giving YOUR defense a rest.

IMHO the single-most unappreciated NFL statistic is Time-Of-Possession.

=Z=

COJOMAY
08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:

Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Thank God.

Amen. You win in the NFL by moving the chains, chewing up the clock, scoring TDs and FGs after long drives all the while giving YOUR defense a rest.

IMHO the single-most unappreciated NFL statistic is Time-Of-Possession.

=Z=

And you opinion is exactly right!

PurplePeopleEaters
08-07-2006, 10:07 PM
The Vikings could have the best offensive line in the league.

Could? :cool:

BloodyHorns82
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Nice article...I like the way things are shaping up.

NodakPaul
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Good article. I like the thought of bringing the Black and Blue division back...

Json
08-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Great read. I like the new look Vikings and I can't wait for the opener against the Skins. I think that if the Vikings walk into Washington and pull off a win the Vikings will get a huge moral boost and set the tone for the season.

GFreeman44
08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Even if we start off not being able to run the ball good. I hope we can stick with it and not abandon it. Time of possession is very important. Like you guys are saying, it gives our defense a chance to rest, and really wears out the oppenents defense. So, I just hope we stick with this style of offense, even if we get off to a bad start, or if it is not effective right away, it is a good direction for our team to be heading.

Slade
08-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, we can't get taken out of our element. It will happen at some point this season & it will be interesting to see how we handle it. We cannot abandon our game plan. Also, we cannot give up a big lead too early

BadlandsVikings
08-07-2006, 10:40 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:

Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Thank God.

Amen. You win in the NFL by moving the chains, chewing up the clock, scoring TDs and FGs after long drives all the while giving YOUR defense a rest.

IMHO the single-most unappreciated NFL statistic is Time-Of-Possession.

=Z=

And you opinion is exactly right!

That will be great if they start using time-of possesion and slow down the game. It will benefit them a lot. Wear out the oppsing defense and let ours rest.

Slade
08-07-2006, 10:41 PM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:

Vikings Ditch Flash for Substance (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2541987)

"This Vikings team will try to win with power instead of finesse." I like the idea of being bruisers...

Thank God.

Amen. You win in the NFL by moving the chains, chewing up the clock, scoring TDs and FGs after long drives all the while giving YOUR defense a rest.

IMHO the single-most unappreciated NFL statistic is Time-Of-Possession.

=Z=

And you opinion is exactly right!

That will be great if they start using time-of possesion and slow down the game. It will benefit them a lot. Wear out the oppsing defense and let ours rest.

Yeah, let's play some smashmouth blood n mud football. I feel sorry for any D lined up against our left side :shock: