PDA

View Full Version : Smith to get plenty of playing time

VikingsTw
09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Before introducing running back Onterrio Smith at the gala, Tice said, "I promise you this guy will get 100 yards this weekend."

I found this quote on smith in the twin cities website. I am very happy to here this because i want to see him play and get plenty of carries. I was worried as to how much they are gonna play him but thats pretty much answered my question. Good news to here. He will get 100 yards if he gets enough carries, i believe he's just as good as bennett but bennett is just so exploseve but i'm not worried at all about our situation.

GO ONTERRIO!!

SKOL
09-10-2004, 02:33 PM
'Orlando' Smith may play week 2..., from Viking Update:

Smith Suspension Still In Limbo
By Viking Update Staff
Date: Sep 10, 2004

A ruling on the appeal of Onterrio Smith's four-game suspension was expected two weeks ago. But, as of now, it still hasn't come down.

When Onterrio Smith was grounded by the NFL for a failed drug test, it was anticipated he would miss the first four games -- since the original announcement came early during training camp.

But, not only will Smith be playing Sunday, he has a 50-50 chance or better of playing in Week 2 as well.

The NFL has yet to hear Smith's appeal and, if it isn't heard today, odds are it won't be heard until next week. Under league rules, if a player is to begin a suspension, he must be informed before Monday of the following game week.

So far, so good. Nobody has contacted the Vikings and he remains on the roster.

VikingsTw
09-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Its all good he will play sunday and hopefull next monday. If he can play while bennetts out and then bennett comes in when onterrio starts his drug suspension that would work out perfect.

casper
09-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Man I am soooooo pissed I did not put him on my starting roster for FFL :cry: :crybaby: :crybaby: .....ITS is ROTFLHAO at me :oops: DAMMMMMMMMMM

But I hope he BUSTS it ALL the way LOOSE GET SOME BIG-O

CanuckVike
09-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know exactly what Smith's appeal is based on? Is he refuting the failed drug test or is it the length of the proposed suspension?

bigdogbovy
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm actually a little bummed, I thought MM would get a chance to shine

thepacksux
09-10-2004, 11:58 PM
canuckvike, not sure if they have to explain a reason, i think they can just appeal the whole thing to be reviewed again by the appeals board

casper
09-11-2004, 07:04 AM
"thepacksux" wrote:

canuckvike, not sure if they have to explain a reason, i think they can just appeal the whole thing to be reviewed again by the appeals board

I heard PA or DUBY saying that it has something to do with the timing of the NFL board and when they can meet next...the long and short is like they meet in the middle of the month or something and after they find out what they are going to do then the suspension IF instated will begin..

but one of them talks to low or away from the mic and I can't hear him very good. I've emailed the booth and ask them to speak up NO LUCK...

BIGDOG... MM will get his time, I am sure that MOE and co will need some down time...MM WILL SHINE I agree on that

UTVikfan
09-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Agree with you both, Bigdog and Casper, I hope MM gets some carries. After watching him in that Seattle pregame (finally got DirectTV, and Tivo) I think he may even be better than our last 4th rounder, but we will see. At least we are ok til Bennett gets back. Glad O. Smith is there (even though I am STILL mad enough to not speak about that) for a game or two.

thepacksux
09-11-2004, 11:12 PM
SOD is awesome, i dont like that he got into this but i still think he is a phenomenal back who hasnt even come close to what his potential could allow him to, if he can just find a way to keep on the field