PDA

View Full Version : how do the backup fullbacks look so far?

Steakman765
08-03-2006, 02:52 AM
still rooting for Brandon Jones to make it(I don't think he will make the 53-man squad,but I hope he'll do enough to get on the practice squad or NFL Europe). I saw that Steven Jackson had a fumble today. I've read that Brandon is competing with Jackson for the backup FB role,but I've also read that he is competing with Owens(who I thought was a TE.) He has the receiving skills,but I think the lack of lead-blocking experience might be his undoing. I hope he at least gets some PT in the first exhibition game.

VikesfaninWis
08-03-2006, 03:32 AM
I believe that Owens has been transformed into a FB.. On the other issues, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens..

olson_10
08-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Owens did transform to FB from TE, which could hurt his cause in the end, or it could help because childress seems to like versatility..i dont know alot about these backups, im just praying we never have to see them because we need Richardson (best FB in the league) healthy and on the field

Vikes_King
08-03-2006, 05:40 AM
"Steakman765" wrote:

still rooting for Brandon Jones to make it(I don't think he will make the 53-man squad,but I hope he'll do enough to get on the practice squad or NFL Europe). I saw that Steven Jackson had a fumble today. I've read that Brandon is competing with Jackson for the backup FB role,but I've also read that he is competing with Owens(who I thought was a TE.) He has the receiving skills,but I think the lack of lead-blocking experience might be his undoing. I hope he at least gets some PT in the first exhibition game.

yeah, Jones had a couple good plays today, i havnt really seen much of his blocking yet.. so idk, they still have Owens seated at #2 im pretty sure