PDA

View Full Version : Randy sits down with Childress

singersp
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Full camp underway, Randy sits down with Childress (http://www.kare11.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=131004)

Prophet
08-01-2006, 01:25 PM
"What will a Brad Childress training camp be like?" I asked.

"Well at some element, it's football so it has to be physical," He said. "It's not patty-cake. We've spent long enough time running around in our underwear, you have to see with your own eyes these guys hit and strike. You don't have to see it over and over and over and over again - but you have to be sure they're proficient at it., that they're good tacklers. You kind of separate the contenders from the pretenders and so it will be hardnosed, physical and we'll have an identity coming out of this thing."

Love it. BTW, nice title S.

cogitans
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
That is a really good video.

singersp
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"What will a Brad Childress training camp be like?" I asked.

"Well at some element, it's football so it has to be physical," He said. "It's not patty-cake. We've spent long enough time running around in our underwear, you have to see with your own eyes these guys hit and strike. You don't have to see it over and over and over and over again - but you have to be sure they're proficient at it., that they're good tacklers. You kind of separate the contenders from the pretenders and so it will be hardnosed, physical and we'll have an identity coming out of this thing."

Love it. BTW, nice title S.

It's not my title. It is just as it appeared on GOOGLE. Check the headline.

Of course it perked my curiosity also.

COJOMAY
08-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Of course I've been away from the Twin Cities for awhile but I still remember Al Shaver who used to do play-by-play broadcasts. I think it was for the North Stars but I don't remember for sure. And he may have done the U of M football games. I wonder if Randy is his son. Does anyone know. Al Shaver was a terrific play-by-play caller.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
:lol: After first glance I was like why is Moss talking to Childress, but I figured it out even before I read the article! :lol:

Prophet
08-01-2006, 05:56 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Of course I've been away from the Twin Cities for awhile but I still remember Al Shaver who used to do play-by-play broadcasts. I think it was for the North Stars but I don't remember for sure. And he may have done the U of M football games. I wonder if Randy is his son. Does anyone know. Al Shaver was a terrific play-by-play caller.

I forgot about Al Shaver until you mentioned him. He was an awesome commentator.

Vikes_King
08-01-2006, 06:18 PM
i wish it was the other randy =(

good interview though

BloodyHorns82
08-01-2006, 06:30 PM
good read. Its always nice to hear from the new coach. I don't think anybody is 100% on how he plans to run this team, so its always nice to hear anything out of his mouth. He's definitely starting to grow on me.

mnrockstar
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
the only randy i could think of was Moss....and i still couldn't figure out who randy was until i scrolled down to the bottom...lol BLONDE MOMENT