PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2006, 06:21 PM
... only better.

I have been thinking about this for a long time and most people should be able to see the striking similiarities, especially in our offense.

1. The Quarterback. Both teams start off the season with an aging Quarterback with some serious questions about how well they will do. Trent Green proves all the critics wrong by having a spectacular season. He wasn't nearly as old as Brad is but you can see the similiarites in a pocket passing quarterback. The Chiefs went on to have an astounding year and the best record in the NFL.

2. The Running Back: A 2nd string Running Back enters the stage in both scenarios. Both of these halfbacks were critisized for most of their careers for not winning the job against supposedly "better" running backs. Priest Holmes went to Kansas City and became the staple of their offense. Can Chester Taylor be the second coming of priest holmes? It's hard to say at this point but it could be possible. That year a new running back was drafted by the chiefs. His name was Larry Johnson. The Vikings also have a 2nd string young running back by the name of mewelde moore.

3. The O-Line: At the point of the 2003 season the Chiefs had just finished developing one of the best offensive lines in NFL history featuring Willie Roaf and Will Shields. In 2006 the Vikings finish developing one of the best offensive lines in the NFL with Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson.

4. Recievers: Both teams had question marks with the recievers. I for one am hoping that our recievers turn out better than the 2003 cheifs recievers did but the similiarities are still there.

5. Tight Ends/ Fullbacks: I'm not going to say Jermaine Wiggins is Tony Gonzalez because he's not. Wiggins is a solid recieving Tight End though and could emerge to be almost on the level as tony gonzalez. Obviously the Fullback similiarities are there because it's the same fullback in Tony Richardson.

Now... Factor all that in plus the fact that we have a much much much better defense than they had that year. Who says we can't go 13-3 as well? I guess we'll have to see once the season rolls around.

purpleFavreEaters
07-30-2006, 06:27 PM
1.Dude you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands to compare Brad Johnson to Trent Green. Brad is not even in the same talent bracket as Trent.
2. I agree about Taylor however, I feel he will have a stellar season.
3.Our offensive line will be great I agree assuming everyone stays healthy. If you remember correctly last season everyone had our offensive line rated as the top 3 in the league before all the injuries.
4.The Chiefs never had question marks at receivers. We however do.
5.Again are you on crack to compare in any way jERMAINE TO tONY g.

Yes factor it all together. wE WILL NOT GO 13-3 Because the league is much stronger now and we are run by a second rate QB.

Mr Anderson
07-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Very interesting. I like those comparisons a lot. Fortunately for us we don't have the 2003 chiefs defense!

purpleFavreEaters
07-30-2006, 06:28 PM
We will not be a offensive team as the 2003 Chiefs where we will be a Defensive team as the Super Bowl champ Ravens where.

BadlandsVikings
07-30-2006, 06:31 PM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

Very interesting. I like those comparisons a lot. Fortunately for us we don't have the 2003 chiefs defense!

We can go get it if I can get my time machine fixed. :smile:

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 06:31 PM
BUT....the chiefs already had a coach for 2 years. But, I also do understand that the players do a lot of the work.

I do agree with a lot of the similarities! And you're totally right, we can go 13-3! I think that every viking fan would be estatic if we did that!

Mr Anderson
07-30-2006, 06:33 PM
"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:

1.Dude you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands to compare Brad Johnson to Trent Green. Brad is not even in the same talent bracket as Trent.
3.Our offensive line will be great I agree assuming everyone stays healthy. If you remember correctly last season everyone had our offensive line rated as the top 3 in the league before all the injuries.

Yes factor it all together. wE WILL NOT GO 13-3 Because the league is much stronger now and we are run by a second rate QB.

Sorry for the double post, but ours were at about the same time.

Yes the chiefs did have reciever questions. Mark Boeritger, Dante Hall, Eddie Kennison, and Johnnie Morton. Hall is the only well known one on there, and he's not much of a reciever, but one hell of a returner.

And how can you call Brad Johnson a second rate QB. If I remember correctly he won a super bowl. I know Trent Green has put up the numbers, but I don't see a ring on his finger.

Edit: I guess it wasnt much of a double post. There's a lot of people on today!

thetrenches68OL
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
our offence isnt going to be the best they will only be average i think

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM

I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I just made a simple and kind of cool comparison for fun. No reason to jump down my throat and say that I'm "on crack" and "have too much time on my hands".

The Chiefs had huge question marks at reciever. Dante Hall Eddie Kennison and Jonnie Morton were their starters. IMO Koren, Troy, and Travis are a lot more proven than they ever were.

How is the league much stronger now? That makes no sense. The NFL is always going to be the same. Some teams strong, some not...

BadlandsVikings
07-30-2006, 06:36 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I just made a simple and kind of cool comparison for fun. No reason to jump down my throat and say that I'm "on crack" and "have too much time on my hands".

The Chiefs had huge question marks at reciever. Dante Hall Eddie Kennison and Jonnie Morton were their starters. IMO Koren, Troy, and Travis are a lot more proven than they ever were.

How is the league much stronger now? That makes no sense. The NFL is always going to be the same. Some teams strong, some not...I agree it goes in cycles. One team is strong for awhile and then they crash. It happens over and over. It's always been that way.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 06:37 PM
qbs- Trent Green was about 32 and has alot better arm and is smarter than Brad Johnson

Rb- They had Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both with better talent than what we ahve

Fb- the same

Wide Receivers- Ours are better by far

Tight End- NO COMPARISANT. Jermaine Wiggins cant even sit in the same bus as Tony Gonzalez or Jason Dunn. Chiefs by an Ocean

Offensive Line- The team of Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Welbourn are better than Mckinnie, Hutchinson, Birk, the guy from Philly and Marcus Johnson.

They had a much better qb and their rbs, offensive line and tight ends were alot better. The only thing we have better is our receivers, which can ultimately be the reason we do good on offense this year, thus giving us the edge maybe.

purpleFavreEaters
07-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Not to mention in 2002 the Chiefs where the highest scoring team in the NFL. And had besically the same team returning in 2003. Us on the other hand have a dramatically diffrent team returning this year.

Kansas City had the highest 2002 scoring offense in the NFL, averaging 29.1 points per game. Yet, they were 4-4 in games which they scored 30 or more points because their defense gave up 24.9 points a game landing them the number five spot in worst defense in pro football with a ridiculous 390.5 yards allowed per game. They gave up 40 percent of their yardage on just 10 percent of their plays. Coming into his third season, Dick Vermeil takes the field with a team roster that includes Trent Green, Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes, and Dante Hall.

purpleFavreEaters
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
NOT TO MENTION TRENT GREEN WAS NOT WASHED UP AND TIRED COMING INTO 2003.

Started all 16 games at QB for the third consecutive season … Earned his first Pro Bowl invitation and won the 2003 Derrick Thomas Award as the Chiefs MVP, becoming the first QB to win that honor since Steve DeBerg in ‘90 … Completed 330 of 523 passes for 4,039 yards with 24 TDs and 12 INTs, good for a 92.6 rating … Also had 26 carries for 83 yards (3.2 avg.) and tied a career high with two rushing TDs … Had a 7.72 average gain to rank second in the NFL … His 4,039 passing yards finished second in the NFL … Tied for fourth in the NFL with 24 TD passes … His 92.6 QB rating was fourth in the NFL … His 63.10 completion percentage ranked as the third-highest seasonal mark in team history … Was the only QB to own two of the top five passing yardage days in the NFL in 2003 … Had seven games with a 100.0 rating or better (min. 20 atts.) ... Was second in the NFL with 54 completions of 20+ yards, the third-highest tally in club history … Led the club to a 9-0 start for the first time in team history … Started his 36th consecutive game at Baltimore (9/28), passing DeBerg (35) for the second-longest streak by a QB in team history … Connected on 27 of 45 passes for 400 yards with three TDs, good for a 111.3 rating at Green Bay (10/12), to guide the club back from a 17-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 40-34 OT victory. Earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after accumulating 400 passing yards, the fourth-highest single-game total in Chiefs history and the second-highest single-game yardage total ever accumulated in a Kansas City victory. It was his highest output in a Chiefs uniform and the second-highest total of his career. His 45 pass attempts without an interception tied as the second-best single-game mark in team annals … Had a two-yard TD run at Oakland (10/20) ... Threw two TDs vs. Buffalo (10/26) and leveled a key block on CB Nate Clements on RB Priest Holmes’ 15-yard TD run … Enjoyed a 368-yard, three-TD effort vs. Cleveland (11/9) ... Had 313 yards and two TDs at Cincinnati (11/16) ... Posted a 101.1 rating vs. Oakland (11/23), marking his fourth consecutive game with a 100+ rating. Completed his 134th career pass of 20+ yards to bypass QB Elvis Grbac (133) for the top mark in franchise history since the club began tracking the stat in ‘90. Also became the sixth Chiefs quarterback to eclipse the 10,000-yard career passing plateau … Threw a seven-yard TD pass to TE Tony Gonzalez at San Diego (11/30) for his 100th career passing score … Completed a career-high 34 of 47 passes for 397 yards for a 104.7 rating at Denver (12/7). His 34 completions tied as the third-highest single-game total in team history while he set a team single-game record by attempting 47 passes without an INT. It was his 45th consecutive start, bypassing Len Dawson (44) for the longest streak by a QB in team history … Connected on 20 of 25 throws for 341 yards with three TDs, good for a “perfect” QB rating of 158.3 vs. Detroit (12/14). Joined Indianapolis QB Peyton Manning as the only other NFL signal caller to accomplish that feat in 2003 … Started an AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Indianapolis (1/11/04), completing 18 of 30 passes for 212 yards with one TD, good for a 92.6 rating and added three carries for 18 yards. His 92.6 rating was the fifth-highest single-game mark in Chiefs postseason history.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.

V4L
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM
1. Trent over Brad anyday.. Trent puts up huge numbers.. Brad puts up 100 yards a game and a td

2. Priest's success came alot from the line.. They had a probowler at every spot almost.. Chester isn't going to get many touches in the WCO.. I heard we should be happy if he gets 800-1000 yards.. I wouldn't even think Chestor is close to becoming the next Priest Holmes

3. Our left side is top notch.. Huge question marks on the right side.. Not even close to how good the Chiefs like was however

4. I had to check out the WR's cuz I forgot who they had.. Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton and Dante Hall.. Sami Parker I think too.. Pretty much same boat as us.. Except Morton was actually above average.. I don't think we have an above average WR

5. Wiggins gets the tiny dump passes.. Gonzy gets the long balls and does it all.. I know u said ur not comparing them.. I'm just saying Gonzy is an extra WR basically who creates hugeeeeeeee mismatches.. And for the FB.. Yep it's the same, except he is like 4 years older now

And thier D was pretty damn good from what I saw.. And they didn't have all new coaches.. We are gonna have alot of gelling to do.. 13-3.. No way in hell

One Love

ultravikingfan
07-30-2006, 06:49 PM
"Tillmanhasnoballs84" wrote:

Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.

Regardless, he did not make many mistakes.

Braddock
07-30-2006, 06:50 PM

How many superbowl rings does Trent Green have?

Braddock
07-30-2006, 06:53 PM

qbs- Trent Green was about 32 and has alot better arm and is smarter than Brad Johnson

Rb- They had Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both with better talent than what we ahve

Fb- the same

Wide Receivers- Ours are better by far

Tight End- NO COMPARISANT. Jermaine Wiggins cant even sit in the same bus as Tony Gonzalez or Jason Dunn. Chiefs by an Ocean

Offensive Line- The team of Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Welbourn are better than Mckinnie, Hutchinson, Birk, the guy from Philly and Marcus Johnson.

They had a much better qb and their rbs, offensive line and tight ends were alot better. The only thing we have better is our receivers, which can ultimately be the reason we do good on offense this year, thus giving us the edge maybe.

You're forgetting about defense. We smoke them on that.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Brad blew our season for us against pittsburgh with the goal line interception where he ignorantly just pushed the ball to koren robinson and underthrew the ball to mrob in double coverage in the endzone. Face it, anyone can manage a game against inferior talent but against good teams, brad johnson is crap. He has the worst arm of all qbs in the nfl and is the least mobile also. Id rather have Joey Harrington or even Kyle Orton.

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
"V4L" wrote:

1. Trent over Brad anyday.. Trent puts up huge numbers.. Brad puts up 100 yards a game and a td

2. Priest's success came alot from the line.. They had a probowler at every spot almost.. Chester isn't going to get many touches in the WCO.. I heard we should be happy if he gets 800-1000 yards.. I wouldn't even think Chestor is close to becoming the next Priest Holmes

3. Our left side is top notch.. Huge question marks on the right side.. Not even close to how good the Chiefs like was however

4. I had to check out the WR's cuz I forgot who they had.. Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton and Dante Hall.. Sami Parker I think too.. Pretty much same boat as us.. Except Morton was actually above average.. I don't think we have an above average WR

5. Wiggins gets the tiny dump passes.. Gonzy gets the long balls and does it all.. I know u said ur not comparing them.. I'm just saying Gonzy is an extra WR basically who creates hugeeeeeeee mismatches.. And for the FB.. Yep it's the same, except he is like 4 years older now

And thier D was pretty gol 'darnit good from what I saw.. And they didn't have all new coaches.. We are gonna have alot of gelling to do.. 13-3.. No way in hell

One Love

I don't think we'll go 13-3. I'm just saying always have hope since people are already writing us off. Oh and the 2003 chiefs had a terrible defense. Ours is much better.

PurplePeopleEaters
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM

Precisely.

purpleFavreEaters
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
You sound like a Packer fan Braddock. That seems to be all a Packer fan has to say when you brag to them about how the Viking are going to beat there butts every year. Brad did not win that SuperBowl or for that matter gget his team there. That defensive did. Same can be said for The Ravens Superbowl run when Trent Dilfer another lucky QB won the superbowl, and may I add like Johnson got cut from his team because he was horrible.

1.Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.

2.Johnson was 18 of 34 for 215 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception. Pittman had 29 carries for 124 yards. Gannon was 24 of 44 for 272 yards and two touchdowns, with a Super Bowl record five interceptions.

Defensive made all the picks just like last year for Johnson setting him up in good field placement.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Id rather have Vinny Testavarde over Brad Johnson anyday. atleast he can rocket the ball.

Braddock
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM

You sound like a Packer fan Braddock. That seems to be all a Packer fan has to say when you brag to them about how the Viking are going to beat there butts every year. Brad did not win that SuperBowl or for that matter gget his team there. That defensive did. Same can be said for The Ravens Superbowl run when Trent Dilfer another lucky QB won the superbowl, and may I add like Johnson got cut from his team because he was horrible.

1.Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.

2.Johnson was 18 of 34 for 215 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception. Pittman had 29 carries for 124 yards. Gannon was 24 of 44 for 272 yards and two touchdowns, with a Super Bowl record five interceptions.

Defensive made all the picks just like last year for Johnson setting him up in good field placement.

Point taken, however, why couldn't that happen here? You're right, he didn't WIN that superbowl, but he sure as hell didn't lose it (obviously...) Our defense is strengthening, especially the secondary. Our O-line is strong, as long as it's healthy, and will give him more time to make better decisions. I'm not saying he's fantastic, I'm saying with an improved D from last year to help keep the scores down and an improved O-line to bide him time, he can guide us to a good season. WIN, i don't know, maybe not, but GUIDE that's fine with me. Philly had a star QB and he/they blew it 4 years in a row. You don't need a star QB to win a superbowl, just one that won't lose it for you.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Regardless, he did not make many mistakes.

Which means in a sense, by running the offense without having any mistakes, he ran the offense effeectivly enough to win.

Winning is winning, and losing is losing. He won a superbowl, and managed that team good. He may not have great arm stregth, like trent green...but give brad some credit!

Also, give the poster some credit! At least he stated his opinion with some nice backup facts!

marcosMN
07-30-2006, 07:12 PM
I think if Brad flounders, or goes down due to injury or age or whateverthefuk, we'll get to see what a savior T-Jak is gonna be for our team. He may not lead us to the Super Bowl right away, but game-day experience may be just what he needs to turn us in to perennial playoff contenders.

One way or the other, I think we'll have a good time watching whoever ends up taking Birk's snaps.

Braddock
07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Here, compare them yourselves.

Brad Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1039)

Trent Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599)

Numbers aren't too far off, only the big yard plays...

ultravikingfan
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

Here, compare them yourselves.

Brad Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1039)

Trent Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599)

Numbers aren't too far off, only the big yard plays...

Here is something even more important to compare:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/06/15/photos/big-ring.jpg

BadlandsVikings
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM

Id rather have Vinny Testavarde over Brad Johnson anyday. atleast he can rocket the ball.

:roll:
Vinny is too old.

boognish

Brad blew our season for us against pittsburgh with the goal line interception where he ignorantly just pushed the ball to koren robinson and underthrew the ball to mrob in double coverage in the endzone. Face it, anyone can manage a game against inferior talent but against good teams, brad johnson is crap. He has the worst arm of all qbs in the nfl and is the least mobile also. Id rather have Joey Harrington or even Kyle Orton.

Did B. Johnson sleep with your wife, or something? All that hate for our starting QB...wow :shock: . I think Brad might just surprise you this year; the guy knows how to win games.

What's up with the name on your profile, by the way? Are you making a disparaging comment about Pat Tillman?

Tillmanhasnoballs84
Yeah but he is atleast better.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 07:52 PM
"boognish" wrote:

Did B. Johnson sleep with your wife, or something? All that hate for our starting QB...wow :shock: . I think Brad might just surprise you this year; the guy knows how to win games.

What's up with the name on your profile, by the way? Are you making a disparaging comment about Pat Tillman?

First off, I second the questions by boognish!

Next, It's not all brad's fault last year. The rest of the team could have made a play! Have some confidence!

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 07:56 PM
fact of the matter is that brad johnson is crap, and I will love it when Tarvaris Jackson comes in their and lights up the crowd. Im sorry but i have no love for Brad Johnson.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Brad Johnson is GGGARBAGE. The worst starting qb in the nfl. Its the truth people and everyone around the league knows it. Im just excited about Tarvaris Jackson.

ultravikingfan
07-30-2006, 08:04 PM

Brad Johnson is GGGARBAGE. The worst starting qb in the nfl. Its the truth people and everyone around the league knows it. Im just excited about Tarvaris Jackson.

Hold on...Brad is right here and wants to respond.

Oh wait, he is too busy polishing his Super Bowl ring.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Brad "WalMart Poster Boy" Johnson, lmfao.

boognish
07-30-2006, 08:23 PM

Get a life; you sound like a Packer fan to me. :evil:

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 08:24 PM
No Im not, I just dont like Brad Johnson. We shoulda traded for Steve Mcnair, Anthony Wright or even David Gerrard.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM

No Im not, I just dont like Brad Johnson. We shoulda traded for Steve Mcnair, Anthony Wright or even David Gerrard.

So you basically dont like one of the biggest leaders this team has? He's all we got right now, so you've got to deal with it!

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I kno0w man I hate Brad Johnson, but I love the Vikings, yeah I guess I will just have to wait until Mcmahon or Tarvaris unseats him.

NodakPaul
07-30-2006, 08:45 PM

I kno0w man I hate Brad Johnson, but I love the Vikings, yeah I guess I will just have to wait until Mcmahon or Tarvaris unseats him.

lol. Hope you aren't holding your breath.

BJ may not be the best starting QB out there, but he is far from the worst (Fav-re anyone?). And regardless of how you choose to compare him to the rest of the starting QBs in the league, you would have to be on crack to think McMahon or TJ will step in for any reason outside injury. McMahon is a back up, a stop gate, and that is it. TJ will be a great QB, but not this year. He needs time to transition from small school football to the NFL.

BJ is our starter for this season, hands down.

MaxVike
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
tillmanblahblahblah84...you have got to be kidding us; Anthony Wright, David Garrard? Gee, which NFL team are you GM or coach for? And, I'm pretty sure you were one of the vast majority of Vikes fans who, when they saw the name Tarvaris Jackson, said, "uh, whwho?" Brad will be fine if our defense steps up to the plate.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
david gerrard would be an excellent fit for a starting qb based on how good he did when leftwich was out, and anthony wright is a solid player also. Both are in the mcnabb mold and would be an excellent fit in the west coast offense.

Freakout
07-30-2006, 09:03 PM
"boognish" wrote:

Get a life; you sound like a Packer fan to me. :evil:

Sounds like some teenager that knows zilch about football.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 09:04 PM
i know zilch about football, you must be right freakout. I dont know squat and you know everything.

MaxVike
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
you nailed it Freakout..........movin' on

Freakout
07-30-2006, 09:09 PM

i know zilch about football, you must be right freakout. I dont know squat and you know everything.

Never said I know everything. I just prefer not to make myself look like a moron by saying Brad Johnson sucks.

You go ahead and keep rooting for all those young flashy QB's. They are so exciting.

boognish
07-30-2006, 10:35 PM

david gerrard would be an excellent fit for a starting qb based on how good he did when leftwich was out, and anthony wright is a solid player also. Both are in the mcnabb mold and would be an excellent fit in the west coast offense.

Anthony Fuckin' Wright? You've got to be kidding me! Wright is a guy who has bounced all over the League as a career backup and has thrown more INT's than TD's every single year he has played. Johnson, on the other hand, threw 12 TD's to 4 INT's last season and has exceeded a 60% accuracy rate for over 10 years; oh yeah, he also won a SuperBowl. I notice that all the scrubs you want to replace him with are black; is this a racial thing for you, or do you just really not understand what defines a successful QB in the NFL?

By the way, we're still waiting for an answer regarding what the hell your name is supposed to mean.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 10:41 PM
lol dude im white what would "black" have to do with anything? Unless your trailer park trash, you shouldnt care!

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Johnson's a qb that just gets the job done. He doesnt do many flashy things, and I dont think he should. He is a traditional pocket passer, and looking at his superbowl stats, he didnt have too bad of a game. I realize his defense was dominating, but the key is that he got the job done! Some of these younger, flashy qb's want to look good, and sometimes they dont get the job done. As long as he is doing his job, and getting the job done, he will stay our starter!

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Oh wait youre from Idaho, the only thing other than white skin youve seen is white skin turned red.

boognish
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM

lol dude im white what would "black" have to do with anything? Unless your trailer park trash, you shouldnt care!

Just trying to find any other excuse other than you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about. Looks like that's it though. Get some game or get lost; real men are trying to talk ball here. Anthony Wright :roll:

What's your name mean? Or are you scared to answer that question?

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
idk, it could go both ways maybe.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM

idk, it could go both ways maybe.

Which Tillman are you talking about here?

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 10:54 PM
figure that out for yourself.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 11:01 PM

figure that out for yourself.

I won't because I know if you're insulting someone from the armed forces, you're a complete idiot. Plus, the reason I asked is to get an answer. You blew me off, so I dont give a f!!ck now!

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 11:02 PM
lol.

cc21
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
wtf happend to this thread?

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
idk when people start making accusations then things get ugly.

I already posted the answer about my name in a previous thread but some people didnt get it.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 11:09 PM
There are both similarities and differences with the positions. We have something better then they did back then, and they have somethings better then us, like tight end.

Bottom line is, there is no reason we cant go 13-3 or even better! It all depends how fast things start to gel!

cajunvike
07-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Funny thread...

BTW, I am pretty sure that Tillmanhasnoballs refers to CHARLES TILLMAN...NOT the late AMERICAN HERO, Pat Tillman!

I'm curious as to why he feels that way about Charles Tillman though...since he is an alum of a great school IMHO! :grin:

Benficaviking
07-30-2006, 11:16 PM
You should just put a C before Tillman to end all the friction...

The conparison will be, if we gel as well as that offense did in in these last 4 years

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 11:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Funny thread...

BTW, I am pretty sure that Tillmanhasnoballs refers to CHARLES TILLMAN...NOT the late AMERICAN HERO, Pat Tillman!

I'm curious as to why he feels that way about Charles Tillman though...since he is an alum of a great school IMHO! :grin:

Idk, but now that I know its not Pat, I'm fine with it. Where did Charles go to school?

cajunvike
07-30-2006, 11:30 PM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Funny thread...

Idk, but now that I know its not Pat, I'm fine with it. Where did Charles go to school?

The same place that Jake Delhomme did! :grin:

boognish
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Are you an alumni of the U of Louisiana at Lafayette? Personally, I think he's talking about Travares Tillman, although I don't know why he has animosity towards the kid :wink:

ultravikingfan
07-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Come on. The guy is a Moss fan and we all know Moss owned Charles Tillman and the dead giveaway is the "84" at the end.

If it was Pat Tillman I would've fixed it long ago.

SharperVikings
07-30-2006, 11:59 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Come on. The guy is a Moss fan and we all know Moss owned Charles Tillman and the dead giveaway is the "84" at the end.

If it was Pat Tillman I would've fixed it long ago.

Thank you for clarifying. I apologize to Tillmanhasnoballs84, for assuming and jumping on you like that.

Tillmanhasnoballs84
07-31-2006, 12:00 AM
no i hate charles tillman cuz i live in chicago and everyone here brags about how moss is his "property" it gets on my nerves after a while.

SharperVikings
07-31-2006, 12:10 AM
These comparisons we make about these two offenses have a lot of things in common. But, they have some key things different!

QB - Johnson and Green are both unproven and old during the comparisons. Although Johnson is much older, he has a superbowl under the belt! Green has a little more arm strength, but johnson wont try to force those deep passes.

RB- Idk if Chestor Taylor will be the next Priest Holmes, but if he is, I would have a friggin heart attack. I would piss my pants the minute he get over 1,300 yards. Idk how long its been, but we need a runner like that! The key difference is that we dont have a Larry Johnson as the backup!

WR- IMO we have a way better recieving corps then the 2003 chiefs did!

TE- Do I need to even say that Tony is better?

O-Line- KC had a dominant o-line, and we're still looking to see if ours will be that way!

In ways were the same and were different. The key thing for the offense is to be consistent. If we do that, we should have a pretty good shot in all the games we play in!!

Vikes_King
07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

RB- Idk if Chestor Taylor will be the next Priest Holmes, but if he is, I would have a friggin heart attack. I would piss my pants the minute he get over 1,300 yards. Idk how long its been, but we need a runner like that! The key difference is that we dont have a Larry Johnson as the backup!

but we have MeMo! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: ! :!: !

if he's healthy he'll be a huge asset to this team (sure its a big if - but just look at his college stats)