PDA

View Full Version : It's Showtime!!

Primetime42
09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi guys...Primetime here. Lifelong Cowboys fan and loving it.

Now, I hope you guys will show us better attitudes than some OTHER F2F sites...but they shall remain nameless.

I'd like to extend the invitation to our site...www.cowboysguide.com. We've got a nice little matchup this weekend, and sad to say, with our secondary in the shape it is...I feel you're gonna womp us...but I think our O will put up a fight that you will not expect. I think we might make this game a little closer than some might say. I'm going with 28-17 in favor of Minny, but this is the NFL...as you know...Any Given Sunday...

:salute:

Primetime42
09-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh yea...HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!

triedandtruevikesfan
09-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Welcome to our little corner of the world primetime. Thanks for the invite to your site. I'm sure some of us will check that out...

jackyl
09-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Cowboys fan here too from Minneapolis. There's a good group of people on this site... minus the Bear fans... lol

sdvikefan
09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Cowboys fan here too from Minneapolis. There's a good group of people on this site... minus the Bear fans... lol

That's actually the first idiot Bear fan I think we've had but I'm sure there will be more in the weeks to come. Most Bears fans are idiots so it's just a matter of time until they find their way here.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-07-2004, 08:55 PM
there's been a couple of them... not many

RK.
09-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Most Bears fans are idiots.................
Thats why they call them "DUH Bears" :)

Big Daddy
09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
"RK" wrote:

Most Bears fans are idiots.................
Thats why they call them "DUH Bears" :)

LOL :laughing3:

VikingsTw
09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Now, I hope you guys will show us better attitudes than some OTHER F2F sites...but they shall remain nameless.

I'd like to extend the invitation to our site...www.cowboysguide.com. We've got a nice little matchup this weekend, and sad to say, with our secondary in the shape it is...I feel you're gonna womp us...but I think our O will put up a fight that you will not expect. I think we might make this game a little closer than some might say. I'm going with 28-17 in favor of Minny, but this is the NFL...as you know...Any Given Sunday...

Dude how could you go out on a limb and say u think we are goin to beat u thats not cool at all. I dont care who the vikes are playin i always think they are gonna win. Oh yeah by the way you prolly wont put up as much of a fight on offense as you think you will. If u cant get the running game goin u probably have no chance. From what i have saw of your running game u guys are in trouble.

Primetime42
09-07-2004, 10:06 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Dude how could you go out on a limb and say u think we are goin to beat u thats not cool at all. I dont care who the vikes are playin i always think they are gonna win. Oh yeah by the way you prolly wont put up as much of a fight on offense as you think you will. If u cant get the running game goin u probably have no chance. From what i have saw of your running game u guys are in trouble.PRE-Season...

If we can move the ball with Troy Shatbrick as our tailback, we can move it with Eddie George and Julius Jones, with Key, Campbell and Witten chipping in on the blocks.

To sum it up...I'm not worried about the run game. I'm more worried about our secondary, which is the only reason I feel we will lose.

sdvikefan
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Dude how could you go out on a limb and say u think we are goin to beat u thats not cool at all. I dont care who the vikes are playin i always think they are gonna win. Oh yeah by the way you prolly wont put up as much of a fight on offense as you think you will. If u cant get the running game goin u probably have no chance. From what i have saw of your running game u guys are in trouble.

I saw all four Cowboys preseason games and Julius Jones is the real deal. Not saying he's going to win rookie of the year but we have to stay on top of him. He has great speed to the outside, good cutback ability, and can hit the middle pretty hard too. And he can catch passes. He's a very versatile back and the Cowboys running game will be much better this year with him. Shutting him down is one key to this game.

Primetime42
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

I saw all four Cowboys preseason games and Julius Jones is the real deal. Not saying he's going to win rookie of the year but we have to stay on top of him. He has great speed to the outside, good cutback ability, and can hit the middle pretty hard too. And he can catch passes. He's a very versatile back and the Cowboys running game will be much better this year with him. Shutting him down is one key to this game.I'm actually a tad concerned about his ribs. Of course, Tuna won't give 2 shits and will throw him to the wolves. Hopefully he comes back in one piece. Good thing we kept ReShard Lee.

SacredStar
09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
This must be the Cowboy/Viking prediction thread since there are a couple Cowboy fans posting here.

I predict a great game of 2 popular teams with great fans putting on a spectacular show. I cannot predict the winner, I don't have that power.

I would like to invite you all to CowboysZone.com for discussion or simply to view the threads concerning the upcoming game. There are some valid reasons why this game could be very close. Come on over and check it out. One of the most popular Cowboy sites on the web.

Heres a forum link for you.....

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/

AngloVike
09-08-2004, 03:32 AM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Welcome to Purplepride Primetime42 & also to SacredStar. We're a friendly bunch here and only turn on posters if they turn into trolls or have no intention of talking football at all. There's a little ribbing that takes place but not usually with any malice - enjoy your visits here !

I'm hoping that our offense will be able to take advantage of your secondary in its current state and get us off to a winning start to the season. Our run defence was the stronger part of the D last season, so it will be interesting to see if that is still the same and if we can keep Jones in check or not.
Do you see Jones or George being the primary ball carrier this season ?

casper
09-08-2004, 06:22 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Welcome to Purplepride Primetime42 & also to SacredStar. We're a friendly bunch here and only turn on posters if they turn into trolls or have no intention of talking football at all. There's a little ribbing that takes place but not usually with any malice - enjoy your visits here !

I'm hoping that our offense will be able to take advantage of your secondary in its current state and get us off to a winning start to the season. Our run defence was the stronger part of the D last season, so it will be interesting to see if that is still the same and if we can keep Jones in check or not.
Do you see Jones or George being the primary ball carrier this season ?

I would also say welcome aborad to you Primetime42 and SS it is good to see you noticed you have been out hope all is well with you...

As TNT said this is our little corner of the world but we enjoy having folks from other teams over to talk football... NOT that I can... but there are some realy good folks here who can and do....

As AngloVike said we all can take ribbing as long as it is recepical...

anyway this is going to be a good season starter, it is kind of sad we are going to win and beat a team that has such a proud history in the NFL.... NOT...IT IS... sorry but like they say someone has got to WIN and this is the year for Minnesota...

Enjoy the game is not realy a good way to end so I would say enjoy the season and look forward to you all stopping in again...

Good Luck SS good to see you

Del Rio
09-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Cowboys have a great O-line. Specifically the left side. It doesn't matter who runs behind them they are bound to get a few yards. Eddie George is a 3 yard runner, not much of threat for the big one, but I can't say about the rest.

They are fast on D like we are. I think their main weekness is the secondary, just like us. We have gotten better, but I won't be on the secondary bandwagon until they really get tested this season.

If we can't get passed the hogs up front and pressure gramps he will pick us apart. All I hope for is Henderson hitting Keyshawn across the middle so hard his "I am the best Wr shit eating grin gets knocked off his face" :lol:

My prediction for the game Vikings 31 Dallas 21

Pre season is an indicator of how well Certain people are playing and Pepper is on fire.

The Realist
09-08-2004, 10:55 AM
The Realist here. Cool board you guys have.

I come from CowboysGuide.com where Primetime roams.

Here's the way I see it:

Dallas keys to game:
1) Limit Moss's opportunities

2) TOP

3) Gurode/Williams matchup

4) Exploit Keyshawn/Witten matchups

With the weakness in our secondary I don't think we can come at you with our predictable base 4-3 all day. I expect BP to have a few new looks on D. Everyone expects a little 3-4 mixed in. I think he's got more than that in mind.

BP closed down practices to the media around the 2nd week of camp. He was pissed they were putting too much info in the paper. My take is he's had a month of closed practices and he's got something up his sleeve. I don't think our DL is good enough to go straight up vs your OL, so we need a few twists.

Thoughts?

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 10:59 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Do you see Jones or George being the primary ball carrier this season ?Well, as of right now, Jones is listed third on the depth chart as Richie Anderson is taking on more of a role this year. The starting FB is now Darian Barnes (can't hit has hard as Jamar Martin but is a better special teamer) Anderson will get around 5 carries a game, but mostly will do what he does best; catch the ball. A LOT. Eddie will start for now, but we all know he's not what he once was. He's still a great downhill runner and will be great for when we need to grind it out. Jones, is hopefully the RB portion of what I like to call the Future Triplets(Henson, Jones, and Bryant) but I'm trying not to get overly excited.

He'll probably get around the same amount of carries as George. We're going with that Running Back by Committee ](*,)

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
"The Realist" wrote:

The Realist here. Cool board you guys have.

I come from CowboysGuide.com where Primetime roams.

Here's the way I see it:

Dallas keys to game:
1) Limit Moss's opportunities

2) TOP

3) Gurode/Williams matchup

4) Exploit Keyshawn/Witten matchups

With the weakness in our secondary I don't think we can come at you with our predictable base 4-3 all day. I expect BP to have a few new looks on D. Everyone expects a little 3-4 mixed in. I think he's got more than that in mind.

BP closed down practices to the media around the 2nd week of camp. He was pissed they were putting too much info in the paper. My take is he's had a month of closed practices and he's got something up his sleeve. I don't think our DL is good enough to go straight up vs your OL, so we need a few twists.

Thoughts?

1 is impossible, unless you get pressure on Culpepper.

2 It only takes us 15 seconds to score.

3 Interesting. This will be the only thing that can help the cowboys.

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Furthermore, Vinny is a good QB, but has a tendency to overthrow receivers - with a pair of the best ballhawking safeties in the league, this could kill him.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 12:27 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Keyshawn isn't Moss. I mean that in good ways and bad, he ain't gonna torch Winfield to the tune of 10 catches for 200 yards.

But he ain't gonna curl up and drop when Winfield tries to hit him.

See, you forget...that there #19 is the most physical receiver in the league...like the Tuna said "He's not like the other guys that just scream for the ball all the time. He goes out there and will do the little things to help the team out, and try to EARN the ball"

i.e he blocks, Moss doesn't. He goes over the middle...Moss won't.

Call him Meshawn all you want...he don't get Alligator Arms. :wink:

Secondly, we don't blitz our corners, especially with Suck ass Tony Dixon back there. He can't keep up with the Titans 4th string bench warmers, let alone Randy Moss.

We need Woodson....though I am hoping for change, that Moss DOES go over the middle...and has his first meeting with Roy. :twisted:

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Keyshawn isn't Moss. I mean that in good ways and bad, he ain't gonna torch Winfield to the tune of 10 catches for 200 yards.

See, you forget...that there #19 is the most physical receiver in the league...like the Tuna said "He's not like the other guys that just scream for the ball all the time. He goes out there and will do the little things to help the team out, and try to EARN the ball"

Secondly, we don't blitz our corners, especially with Suck ass Tony Dixon back there. He can't keep up with the Titans 4th string bench warmers, let alone Randy Moss.

We need Woodson....though I am hoping for change, that Moss DOES go over the middle...and has his first meeting with Roy. :twisted:

Uhm. Meshawn cried for the ball in TB, that's why he got deactivated and TRADED.

Furthermore, Winfield knocked RICKY WILLIAMS unconcious. Ricky Williams. You know, the guy who carried almost 700 times in two years? Who got 35+ attempts a game? Winfield put him on his back for a good five minutes.

Moss has been blocking and running decoy routes very well this preseason, and did so as well in 2003. Stop using old ammo to attack him.

The only thing about Roy Williams is, though he's a big hitter, he takes his eyes off the target and often likes to hit low across the legs. If he tries that against Moss...well...

http://www.randymossonline.com/89.jpg

http://www.randymossonline.com/88.jpg

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

First of all, watch vikes games in the last 2 seasons, and then tell me moss doesn't block and doesn't blcok real well. Remember when bennett had those 3 consecutive games with 60+ yard runs? Well Moss had the key block on all 3 runs. Fact is, Moss is a damn good blocker now, and i get really pissed when people who watch a few vikes games a year, say he doesn't block.

2nd, Moss caught a crap load of balls over the middle last year. Look at how many meshawn has caught over the middle the last 2 or 3 seasons, and I garauntee you that moss has caught double that amount. So again I say, watch more than a couple vikes games, before you try and tell us moss doesn't go over the middle or doesn't block.

Also, I have seen meshwan give alligator arm attempts many times while going over the middle, so that isn't true either. TO has done it many times. Fact is, every receiver does it from time to time. If they didn't, they would be injured way more often then usual.

PS: Welcome to purplepride, that should have been the first thing I said. I ask that you don't talk about our players, if you don't know anything about them, except the image the media portrays of them.

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Also, keyshawn doesn't scream for the ball?????? Are you thinking of a different WR? Because keyshawn screamed for the ball week, after week, after week in tampa, and that is why they got rid of his sorry *ss.

casper
09-08-2004, 12:46 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Uhm. Meshawn cried for the ball in TB, that's why he got deactivated and TRADED.

Furthermore, Winfield knocked RICKY WILLIAMS unconcious. Ricky Williams. You know, the guy who carried almost 700 times in two years? Who got 35+ attempts a game? Winfield put him on his back for a good five minutes.

Moss has been blocking and running decoy routes very well this preseason, and did so as well in 2003. Stop using old ammo to attack him.

The only thing about Roy Williams is, though he's a big hitter, he takes his eyes off the target and often likes to hit low across the legs. If he tries that against Moss...well...

http://www.randymossonline.com/89.jpg

http://www.randymossonline.com/88.jpg

Realist Welcome aboard, It sure is nice to talk to folks who enjoy the game of football as much as most of US do, thanks for the discussion and good luck in this new saeson LET the Games begin...

For those about to lose we salute you

AND RANDYMOSS8404 GREAT pic man thats just the kind of stuff to get the heart pumping THANKS MAN it like magic in air beeeeeautifullllll 8)

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 12:49 PM
As for the game, I think we will exploit the obvious weakness in the cowboys right side of the O-line, with udeze and hovan, as well as blitzing LB's. That could be a real problem for vinny if he can't get rid of the ball quickly.

I am not worried about us being able to stop eddie, but I worry about jones. He can get to the edges of our D, that was very weak last year. I expect it to be much better this year, but will believe it when I see it. If brian williams isn't able to play, I worry about the cowboys spreading us out in 4 WR sets, and picking apart our crappy nickel and dime CB's. If they do that. I bet cottrell will blitz our LB's, to help those CB's out.

In the NFL, you never know what is going to happen, but I really don't see this as too challenging of a game, sorry cowboys fans. I say it will be 31-13

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Is my memory failing me or was it not Meshawn that wrote a book "just give me the damn ball" when the Tuna was coach for the Jets. Was I dreaming that, no I don't think so!!!!!

He was and is one of the biggest cry babies in the league, especially when he is not doing well and he blames everybody else. Overated and will not be the answer you are looking for in Texas.

He is a good 2nd receiver but not the main guy.

Why do you think Tampa wamted to get rid of him, high priced 2nd receiver.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 12:55 PM
We can play that game, if you like...

http://www.joshlittrell.com/video/the_bull.avi

http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(10).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(9).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(12).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(13).jpg
Tackles too low? We must not be talkin bout the same Roy Williams.

Also, if you read the quote correctly, you would understand that while he does want the ball, he will not take plays off (Go ahead and tell me Moss doesn't do that anymore :roll: ) And the only time I've ever seen Moss block is when he blindsides someone...and then it gets overkill on ESPN.[/img]

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 12:57 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Is my memory failing me or was it not Meshawn that wrote a book "just give me the damn ball" when the Tuna was coach for the Jets. Was I dreaming that, no I don't think so!!!!!

He was and is one of the biggest cry babies in the league, espically when he is not doing well and he blames everybody else. Overated and will not be the answer you are looking for in Texas.

He is a good 2nd receiver but not the main guy.

Why do you think Tampa wamted to get rid of him, high priced 2nd receiver.Your memory does fail you. Tuna was not the coach. It was Rich Kotite. Yeah, the guy runs his mouth. But obviously Parcells must think he's worth it. He hasn't made a mistake with a player like that yet, and I doubt he will this time.

And I'll take him over Galloway any day of the week.

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 01:01 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

We can play that game, if you like...

http://www.joshlittrell.com/video/the_bull.avi

http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(10).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(9).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(12).jpg
http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/RoWilliams-(13).jpg
Tackles too low? We must not be talkin bout the same Roy Williams.

Also, if you read the quote correctly, you would understand that while he does want the ball, he will not take plays off (Go ahead and tell me Moss doesn't do that anymore :roll: ) And the only time I've ever seen Moss block is when he blindsides someone...and then it gets overkill on ESPN.[/img]

Again I say, watch more than a couple vikes games, and then tell me he doesn't block. I will remember this talk and after the game, I will point out how many times I see moss with key blocks, then you will realize how good he is at blocking.

Also, every WR in the NFL takes plays off, Moss has just been the only one to publically admit it.

Just curious, how many vikes games have you seen the last 2 years? I bet 3 or 4 at most, judging by your obvious media protrayed opinions of moss.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Man, we knew Moss was taking plays off well before he admitted it. No one had to tell me.

If you're tired, TAP YOUR HELMET!!! GET A BREATHER!!

For the record, I don't count standing in front of a 5'10" corner who wants no part of a tackle as a block. Let's see him do a crackback on a LB :P

BTW, we don't get Viking games out here anymore. Something about them losing that 1998 touch. No one wanted to see em.

JP. It's all in good fun, my man.

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 01:17 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Man, we knew Moss was taking plays off well before he admitted it. No one had to tell me.

For the record, I don't count standing in front of a 5'10" corner who wants no part of a tackle as a block. Let's see him do a crackback on a LB :P

BTW, we don't get Viking games out here anymore. Something about them losing that 1998 touch. No one wanted to see em.

So you've seen like 2 or 3 games in the last couple years at most? So basically you haven't seen moss block, because you don't watch vikes games? So where does your opinion come from? THE MEDIA. Again i say, you will see how well Moss blocks on sunday and I will be on here pointing out every good block, so you realize he is a good blocker. I hate when people think they know about a player, yet they don't even watch him play.

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 01:17 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Uh

http://www.randymossonline.com/Block.AVI

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
psst...NFL Sunday Ticket...real helpful when watching other teams not in the area.

Look into it.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:23 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Uh

http://www.randymossonline.com/Block.AVIPerfect...this is the play I was talking about...The one that got overkill.
he blindsided...a linebacker, yea I'll give him that. But I'm talking about head up blocks. Show me a play where he stays with a block while Michael Bennett runs by and maybe I'll give you a cookie. :roll:

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 01:25 PM
You are so wrong about Keyshawn, just like every team he went to.

2002 stats 76 catches 1088 yards 5 TD's
2003 stats 45 catches 600 yards 3 TD's

That is so scary I don't know if I can face us playing this kind of a receiver!

He was drafted in 1996 and Parcels took over as head coach and in 1997 the same year his book came out.

Though the Tuna was able to control him more than any other coach he has had, he was a cancer and the Jets traded him for that reason (his teammated hated him),and he was a cancer in Tampa Bay.

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 01:26 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Uh

http://www.randymossonline.com/Block.AVIPerfect...this is the play I was talking about...The one that got overkill.
he blindsided...a linebacker, yea I'll give him that. But I'm talking about head up blocks. Show me a play where he stays with a block while Michael Bennett runs by and maybe I'll give you a cookie. :roll:

Show me one where Keyshawn does?

Del Rio
09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Who cares if the man can block? Who cares if he want's to block or not. He's a freaking twig I'd be pissed if he got hurt trying to block. He is our long threat. He burns you and catches TD's.

We have pulling lineman to take care of backers. Top notch offense doesn't lie him blocking or not makes no difference.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:29 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

Uh

Show me one where Keyshawn does?Try looking in archives for any Tampa Bay or NY Jet game the past 5 years.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:37 PM
BY TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
IRVING – Guess which game Keyshawn Johnson thinks is the best of his career? Go ahead, guess.

Maybe it was his 194-receiving yard effort to open the 1999 season against New England for Bill Parcells' New York Jets? No. How about his 12-catch game against Chicago in 2001 with Tampa Bay? Uh-uh. OK, it has to be one of his six two-touchdown games in his career, right? Try again.

Johnson, the Give-Me-the-Damn-Ball receiver, will tell you it was a measly two-catch, 20-yard game with a touchdown in 1998 against Atlanta.

That's it – two catches, 20 yards.

Why does Johnson believe that was his best game? The Jets ran the ball 34 times for 119 yards. They held the ball for 32 minutes, 4 seconds and won, 28-3.

And Johnson blocked linebacker Cornelius Bennett here, there and everywhere for Curtis Martin to run for 101 yards.

Still, he wants the ball.

"That's not a perception, that's the truth," Parcells said. "The difference between him and all of those other guys that are always mouthing off about catching the ball is he'll do all of the dirty work, too. You watch him. Keep your eye on him. He does some pretty good work when it's not a passing situation."
The Cowboys, however, traded for Johnson this off-season to bring an element to an offense that struggled last year – third-down proficiency. Through two preseason games, two of his five catches have gone for a first down.

"I'm still learning," Johnson said. "This is an old 'new' offense to me. There's certain things they've tweaked. My reps are like, I hate to say a waste of time, but for me, I've got to be in there all the time. But I understand the process. I've got to be patient. I've got to wait. Hopefully by the time we get to game one, I'll be ready to do everything."

Parcells called Johnson rusty during the June minicamp and earlier in training camp he said Johnson needed more work. Parcells had to remind Johnson to take cold pools after practice to preserve his legs, so he did it. He also spent time before most of the morning practices in Oxnard, Calif., catching passes from the Jugs machine.

"Let me tell you something about the kid, and you would probably never guess this, but he's a very good listener," Parcells said. "He gets it. When you are talking seriously, he gets it. When you are kidding around, you might not get a word in edge wise, but when you are talking business, he listens."
That might sound strange to people in Tampa Bay, especially coach Jon Gruden, who could never get a read on Johnson. Things became so bad that the Buccaneers deactivated Johnson for the final six games.

For the first time the game was taken away from Johnson, who went to Fox's TV booth.

"I just missed the fact that I couldn't compete against the opposition," Johnson said. "I didn't get the opportunity to do that the last six weeks of the season. I was competing with Terry [Bradshaw] to see how much time I'd get on the air. That's the only part I missed."

Johnson considers this year his eighth season, not his ninth, choosing to forget the 45-catch, 600-yard performance he had in 10 games last season. He believes the drop in production had more to do with circumstance than ability.

He also feels no pressure in being the player he was in his first tenure with Parcells. But he also believes this:

"I'm coming up from the grave," Johnson said.

As I said before, Moss may get 10 for 200, but in the end, does his team win?

BTW, 45-600 in THAT offense through only 10 games is not bad at all.

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Moss

if you think T.O. is the league's most explosive wide receiver, timeout. The old Randy Moss is back, and defensive backs are in big trouble.

Moss didn't gather much press in the offseason because he stayed out of trouble and quietly worked hard to get stronger, get faster and get into a zone with quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Gone are the won't-try-hard days.

The Randy Ratio days also are gone, and for good reason. Why try to force the ball to him for a lot of little plays when he can get open downfield for more than enough big plays?

In addition to being the better leaper and all-around athlete, Moss is the league's top bullet in a league thirsting for speed. From his vertical takeoff to his end zone landing, he wins almost every footrace. Owens may have the edge after the catch, but nothing is more amazing than how Moss zips down the sideline before the catch.

Moss has more pure physical talent and will prove it this season by tapping his full potential and helping push the Vikings back into the playoffs. It was fun while it lasted, T.O., but Randy is the man now.--Vinnie Iyer

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Moss

if you think T.O. is the league's most explosive wide receiver, timeout. The old Randy Moss is back, and defensive backs are in big trouble.

Moss didn't gather much press in the offseason because he stayed out of trouble and quietly worked hard to get stronger, get faster and get into a zone with quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Gone are the won't-try-hard days.

The Randy Ratio days also are gone, and for good reason. Why try to force the ball to him for a lot of little plays when he can get open downfield for more than enough big plays?

In addition to being the better leaper and all-around athlete, Moss is the league's top bullet in a league thirsting for speed. From his vertical takeoff to his end zone landing, he wins almost every footrace. Owens may have the edge after the catch, but nothing is more amazing than how Moss zips down the sideline before the catch.

Moss has more pure physical talent and will prove it this season by tapping his full potential and helping push the Vikings back into the playoffs. It was fun while it lasted, T.O., but Randy is the man now.--Vinnie IyerI hope this is true. At least I respect Randy's game, and I like him as a player...TO on the other hand...Well, let's just say I hope he falls on his face, along with the rest of the Eagles :twisted:

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
The same things Meshawn said when he went to Tampa Bay, you are delusional. He is not a great receiver he is a good receiver with a load mouth.

His stats and career compared to TO, Moss, Brown, Bruce, Holt and to many others to name is a joke.

You are a Troll! I hate the Cowboys only sightly less than I do the Pack & Bears.

After we Kick your A** on Sunday come back on so we can see how bad Meshawn did. Won't happen cause you will be hiding!

If you took those numbers through 16 games thats 960 yards receiving, 72 receptions, 4.8 TD's (not bad) HA HA HA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats your primary receiver, good # 2 like I said.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/9607586.htm?1c

READY TO STAND AND DELIVER

Outspoken Keyshawn Johnson is taking on a leadership role

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson is not going to try to fake it with another game cliché.

Because Sunday's season-opening matchup with Minnesota is not just another game to him.

And it's not just another season opener. Not after not playing football in 329 days as a result of being fired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with six games to go in the 2003 season.

To Johnson, 32, it's the first game of the rest of a career in which he plans to get back to doing what he does best: "Play down and dirty, lock 'em up football."

"They tried to bury me in Tampa Bay," said Johnson, who was traded to the Cowboys in March for receiver Joey Galloway. "I am coming out of the grave. I have to be Keyshawn. My focus is to dominate and be the best player on the field, whatever it takes."

For Cowboys fans, Johnson's presence might remind them most of former franchise legend Michael Irvin. Johnson gives the Cowboys a go-to receiver on third down for first time since Irvin retired in 2000. He also has the same gift for gab and stylish dress, though Johnson prefers California casual to Irvin's colored suits. He also has a championship pedigree, winning a Super Bowl title in 2002 with Tampa Bay.

Johnson is the player with perhaps the most influential voice in the locker room. A colorful, leadership type voice.

To Johnson, however, it's not about replacing Irvin but picking up where he left off.

"I came here to finish my career," Johnson said. "He is a legend and I am not trying to replace him. I am trying to take off where he left off. I know how big Michael is in Dallas. Hopefully, I will be that big when I finish. My goal is to come here and win more Super Bowl rings and end up as a Cowboys legend."

Some might call it talking the talk. Others might call it misplaced arrogance from a nine-year veteran considered by many to be past his prime after scoring only nine touchdowns the past three years combined.

And if so, so be it, a supremely confident Johnson says. He's always talked -- back in college at Southern California and during his throw-me-the-damn-ball days with the New York Jets.

And the three-time Pro Bowler has always been able to back up his words, until Tampa Bay.

The end came following a three-catch performance against Green Bay on Nov. 16. The festering feud between Johnson and coach Jon Gruden became intolerable for everyone involved.

"I thought the last game of the year would be the last game I played in Tampa," Johnson said. "I wasn't planning on returning in 2004. I no longer wanted to play for a coach who wants his name in front of the team. He wanted it to be Jon Gruden Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They beat me to the punch."

Johnson said his time in Tampa Bay became so miserable that he didn't always prepare as he should.

"I wanted to get out of the building as fast as I could and go home," he said. "I wanted to get that sour taste out of my mouth."

Johnson's confidence that he will reclaim his place among the top receivers in the game is partly because he has been reunited with coach Bill Parcells, who coached him in New York from 1997-1999. Johnson was picked No. 1 overall by the Jets in the 1996 draft.

Johnson earned the first two of his three Pro Bowls under Parcells' tutelage. His game is more about effort, intense preparation and being physical. He's gotten back to all of that since coming to the Cowboys.

"What you are going to see this year is platinum, not gold, but platinum," Johnson said. "I am rolling with somebody who wants to see me succeed. They want to see me get off. They want to see the music. They want to see me get down."

Johnson's version of getting down is not "just" about him catching footballs. The title of the much talked about book he wrote following his rookie year in New York is no lie. He wants to be thrown the damn ball. But he also likes to play down and dirty, lock 'em up football, which is why he says the best game he ever had was a two-catch performance in 1998 while serving primarily as a blocker in the run game.

"The difference between him and all those other guys that are always mouthing off about catching the ball is he'll do all of the dirty work, too," Parcells said. "He does some pretty good work when it's not a passing situation."

Johnson says statistics or positions don't ultimately define him or his game. He knows superstar receiver Randy Moss will be on the opposite sideline Sunday. He still says his goal is to be the most dominating player in the game, whether it's catching passes, blocking downfield for running back Eddie George or clearing out passing lanes for fellow receiver Terry Glenn.

Johnson doesn't expect to put up Moss-like numbers -- an NFL record 525 catches for 8,375 yards in his first six years, including 111 catches for 1,632 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. What Johnson does expect is a version of his time in New York under Parcells when he averaged 80.66 catches, 1,088 yards and seven touchdowns a season. Despite catching just 45 passes during an abbreviated 2003 season, Johnson has a more than respectable career catch per year average of 75.4.

"My numbers are going to be what they have been with this offense and this coach," Johnson said. "They are not going to be 200 catches for 50,000 yards. Now if you don't do what I do, you should have 120 catches for 1,700 yards. If you do what I do, there is a balancing act. Some people like peanut butter and jelly. Some just want the jelly.

"There is only one guy I know who can play when he wants to and put up 1,800 yards and that's Randy. I can't do that. I won't even try."

For the record, Johnson lists himself as one of the top five receivers in the game along with Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt. He, however, sees himself as a more complete football player than any of them because of his physical style and ability to impact the running game.

It all starts again Sunday.

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 01:53 PM
You don't have to like Keyshawn, but don't insult him by putting him in the same sentence as Torry Hoverated

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 01:56 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

The same things Meshawn said when he went to Tampa Bay, you are delusional. He is not a great receiver he is a good receiver with a load mouth.

His stats and career compared to TO, Moss, Brown, Bruce, Holt and to many others to name is a joke.

You are a Troll! I hate the Cowboys only sightly less than I do the Pack & Bears.

After we Kick your A** on Sunday come back on so we can see how bad Meshawn did. Won't happen cause you will be hiding!

ByeSoothe the anger there, young grasshopper.

I won't be here on Sunday regardless of the outcome, as I will be watching many games in other locations.

I'll be back either that night or Monday, and if we lose, I'll take my lumps, and wish you guys a good season. If we win, I'll say "good game" and wish a a good season. Either way, you will be rid of me by Monday. So please don't turn this into something it is not.

And Keyshawn screwed himself by going to Tampa Bay. The sad truth to the story is that while many people feel it was the new coaching regime that got rid of him, Parcells was the one who had the final say and pulled the trigger. Yea, he got his payday which he would have gotten either way. But Parcells put his feelings for the player aside and put the Jets in a great position.

Four first round draft picks. Count em. Four.

Chad Pennington, Laverneus Coles, Anthony Becht, Shaun Ellis, John Abraham were all picked up in that 2000 draft.

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Not anger, just sick of you and the Cowboys! Go away, Troll.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Not anger, just sick of you and the Cowboys! Go away, Troll.Are you a mod? No?

Then shut up and deal with it.

You don't like me? Bite me.

I really don't see what the problem is.

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 02:03 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

You don't have to like Keyshawn, but don't insult him by putting him in the same sentence as Torry Hoverated

Sorry, Meshawn would prayer to have the talent that Holt does!

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 02:07 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

You, I am not going to praise your team or your players because you think I should.

The Cowgirls are not the best team in the league.

No matter what articlesyou show me, Meshawn has to prove it on the field.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 02:07 PM
My apologies. I don't mean to be a jerkoff.

I'm done for the day. Unless you entice me to continue. :wink:

Talk to ya tomorrow.

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 02:15 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

You, I am not going to praise your team or your players because you think I should.

The Cowgirls are not the best team in the league.

No matter what articlesyou show me, Meshawn has to prove it on the field.(sigh) Did I say the Cowboys were the best team in the league? Did I even say we were going to win on Sunday? Did I say you had to praise anyone or anything associated with them?

No.
No.
and NO.

You're entitled to your opinions. Stick to your guns, say what you want. It does not affect me.

See above post. :salute:

Del Rio
09-08-2004, 02:19 PM
It's all in fun guys. He can't honeslty believe Keyshawn holds a candle to Moss?

Just because someone likes another team doesn't make him a troll. Seems to me he hasn't said anything trollish.

I've known Moss took breaks and didn't want to block, and that is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with our outcome or his performance.

If he takes a break on one play the CB is still thinking to himself. "I can't let this guy beat me deep." So just being on the field he is more productive then Keyshawn.

This is what is so fun about football season. What happens if we get toasted and Keyshawn lights us up? Embarassment. Agony for me having to face these cowboy fans at work. And glory for primetime.

But you can't come on saying Keyshawn is da man and diss Moss then say oh our Cowboys will probably lose. You need to be like we are going to trash you bad, because when the Vikings win and we say hey how bout them Cowboys you will say well I expected them to lose.

Where is the never ending Joy for us this season when we see that little blue star under your post? When you buffer your upcoming loss with low expectations for your team? :lol:

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 02:23 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's all in fun guys. He can't honeslty believe Keyshawn holds a candle to Moss?

Just because someone likes another team doesn't make him a troll. Seems to me he hasn't said anything trollish.

I've known Moss took breaks and didn't want to block, and that is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with our outcome or his performance.

If he takes a break on one play the CB is still thinking to himself. "I can't let this guy beat me deep." So just being on the field he is more productive then Keyshawn.

This is what is so fun about football season. What happens if we get toasted and Keyshawn lights us up? Embarassment. Agony for me having to face these cowboy fans at work. And glory for primetime.

But you can't come on saying Keyshawn is da man and diss Moss then say oh our Cowboys will probably lose. You need to be like we are going to trash you bad, because when the Vikings win and we say hey how bout them Cowboys you will say well I expected them to lose.

Where is the never ending Joy for us this season when we see that little blue star under your post? When you buffer your upcoming loss with low expectations for your team? :lol:Unfortunately, the secondary is in a bad way right now...so that's the game :oops: But I don't have low expectations this season...just for this game, because Dixon sucks and Hunter has been crap all preseason. Until Woody gets back, I'm praying for the best.

I do feel we make the playoffs again though, just to clear that up.

Next season though, sky's the limit. 8)

And over on Cowboysguide.com we try not to smack talk too much, so I don't want to come over here and do that cuz it would make us look like a bunch of hypocrites.

You understand. :wink:

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 02:31 PM
be nice boys!!!

Del Rio
09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Totally understand. :salute:

The cowbays should make the playoffs imo. And when you get to the playoffs anything can happen.

Not that he needs any more hype but if the Tuna pulls it off this year :shock: watch out

Moss is like everyone's pride and joy here I guess. He is the one thing that stands out for our team for a long time. People get easily offended when his name is brought up not laced in gold.

AngloVike
09-08-2004, 02:34 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

wtp ..... chill there. we all have teams that p$£% us off, but Primetime came here in good faith to chat to us. If he's made to feel like that then it makes hard for the rest of us to visit his home board or any others. Unlike some he didn't come shooting his mouth off and for that I think he deserves some credit and a little courtesy.
just my two pennyworth on the subject

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 02:41 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

wtp ..... chill there. we all have teams that p$£% us off, but Primetime came here in good faith to chat to us. If he's made to feel like that then it makes hard for the rest of us to visit his home board or any others. Unlike some he didn't come shooting his mouth off and for that I think he deserves some credit and a little courtesy.
just my two pennyworth on the subject

I totally agree with that. I don't like the cowboys at all... they are on my hate list right under GB, but since he didn't come on here spouting off crap like lovies... I'm willing to give him a shot!

ItalianStallion
09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
What you have to understand here Primetime is that Randy Moss is the flagship player of our Franchise. Everyone on here thinks he is the best receiver in the league, possibly in history. He has produced all 6 seasons he has been here despite off field problems early on in his career.

Most of us don't take kindly to the same old BS that the media feeds to everyone about how Moss has an ego and in cancer for this team.

Most people here hate Meshaen, myself included. He simply doesn't back up his talk. Don't compare his production with Moss, ever. Yah he might block, so does Moss though you claim he doesn't. Point is that he isn't even top 5 WR, most likely not top 10. Moss is #1 in our minds and beyond comparison. Moss doesn't alk Sh*t though people often claim he does, he lets his play do the talking.

Ever wonder why Tampa traded him (who they paid alot for in the first place) for a washed up player like Galloway? They wanted him out of there...

SacredStar
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Dang, missed another heated debate. :wink:

I'm still pissed Dallas passed on Moss and I still believe Moss has a grudge against Dallas and will make them pay everytime he faces them.

The rest of this debate is debatable. Does that make sense? :P

We all are optimistic and excited for the regular season to start. We have waited too long and tempers are flaring as the heart pounds for gameday.

No-one likes to hear biased opinions concerning their teams hopes and dreams, and that is natural. But on a message board, opinions are the boss, until the game is played and accurate judgements are then assessed.

What does all this jibberish mean?

It means I'm not going to fight with anyone over maybe's, could be's, or should be's.......it's just a game.

I wish both sets of fans good luck and, win or lose, I'll be back to discuss the game and share thoughts.

Heat of competition........ you gotta love it. :lol:

BTW - Good to be back after a small absence and my battle royal with Texpack. I see he is gone. And it's always good to hear from Casper. How ya doing bro?

tarkenton10
09-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Primetime sounds like he knows his team and has some points but he is off on Meshawn. He might start off alright but if it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk it is a skunk. Sorry primetime but you haven't had him on your team long and you will regret ever getting him. He will ruin your chemistry and you will end up just missing the playoffs. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. I hate Dallas, right up there with GB.

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Guys I am sorry the guy gets under my skin but he does. Yesterday all praise for Dion and today all the praise for Meshawn.

A guy that should have stayed retired and a guy that has not proven his play is as big as his mouth.
All the feel good articles from the Dallas newspapers about how he has changed is the same crap he said and did in Tampa Bay after Parcells traded him from the Jets.

If I remember right, this is a Viking site, not a Dallas Cowboys site.

So I do not have to like this guy and I will not, if you want to bane me feel free!

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Primetime sounds like he knows his team and has some points but he is off on Meshawn. He might start off alright but if it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk it is a skunk. Sorry primetime but you haven't had him on your team long and you will regret ever getting him. He will ruin your chemistry and you will end up just missing the playoffs. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. I hate Dallas, right up there with GB.I can understand why you guys look down on Keyshawn. But here in jersey, I got to watch him all his time with the Jets. I happen to have a copy of Just Give Me the Damn Ball and I must say Key was right on my money. That team was horrible. He was the only guy worth mentioning on that team that had any real talent. They were poorly coached, they had crap for a QB (O'Donnell....Keyshawn tore him a new one in this book :lol: ) They were not disciplined. Was he right to come out with that book? No. Was it entertaining, especially in the NY area? Hell Yes. I'm still in anticipation of Volume 2. :cheers:

In the end, he can still produce. I'll put up with his mouth in either case. He sure has said some dumb things (The comments he made after the 2002 Super Bowl come to mind) but I disagree. He can back it up. It just doesn't have to be to the tune of 10 catches and 150 yards or somethin like that. He's still a gamer, and unlike Tampa Bay, he comes into this season with a major chip on his shoulder. You gotta love it when a player has that attitude.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Guys I am sorry the guy gets under my skin but he does. Yesterday all praise for Dion and today all the praise for Meshawn.

A guy that should have stayed retired and a guy that has not proven his play is as big as his mouth.
All the feel good articles from the Dallas newspapers about how he has changed is the same crap he said and did in Tampa Bay after Parcells traded him from the Jets.

If I remember right, this is a Viking site, not a Dallas Cowboys site.

So I do not have to like this guy and I will not, if you want to bane me feel free!

oh its not as bad as that. You don't have to like everyone!! However, just like Los he has praise for his team but he takes the good with the bad and he doesn't try to shove anything down our throats like some of the trolls do. If you don't like him thats fine, just be civil k?

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 03:52 PM
WTP, you're getting under my skin by not giving Deion or Keyshawn any credit.

No, neither is in Moss' league as an athlete or a player, but, geeze

muchluv4smoot
09-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know why anyone needs to get mad at primetime, for him having his opinion, that is different than ours. Hey, I know damn well that Moss is a very underrated and good blocker, since I see a minimum of 20 vikes games a year, so primetimes opinion doesn't mean jack to me. But at the same time, he isn't a troll for having his opinion.

Why don't we get back to talking about the actual game, instead of all this dumb crap.

I think the dome gives us a huge advantage over you guys, and an advantage that we don't need. Our D line will be giving vinny fits all game long, especially kevin williams. If you guys get into the redzone, from what I have seen from ted cottrells D in the preseason, vinny will be under pressure from at least one blitzing LB, and most of the time more than one. After seeing vinny play for the jets lately, he just played horrible under pressure, so that is why I see him turning the ball over at least a couple times against our pressure D.

I think our pass offense will have a field day against your secondary. Watch for us to go to 4 and 5 WR sets and hit cambell and/or robinson deep. in the game. I don't see us getting a lot of rushing yards, but enough to force your D to play the run.

As I said before, I think we can really exploit your right side of your O-line, which I think is pretty weak. Are you worried about your right side?

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

WTP, you're getting under my skin by not giving Deion or Keyshawn any credit.

No, neither is in Moss' league as an athlete or a player, but, geeze

Dion was great 5 years ago, he is one of the best to ever play the game! When he was in Washington he was not the same defender! He retired 3 years ago and it has yet to be seen what he will be like with his return.
And what I said yesterday is that I liked him better when he was with the Falcon's or 49ers, after he went to Dallas he really did became an ass.

Keyshawn never was great, and never lived up to his hype, I will give him no credit, he is an average receiver, with and average career at best (all the people that have played in this league that deserved to have a ring and didn't get one, and this jack-off got one).

joshlitt
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey Guys, another CowboysGuide member!

I plan on watching a good game about 3:15, I for one am hoping for a win of course......however Moss hasn't lost to us yet! Still bitter that we passed on him, stupid but smart! Stupid for us, smart for Moss! Irvin wouldn't have been the best role model back then I don't think, and Carter was!

Come on "Due Factor"!

Good Luck guys!

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 04:35 PM
damnit... why do you guys all have to show class... I'd love to rip on you and now I can't!! hehe... I'm jk... its good to see other loyal fans even if they aren't fans of my team!

joshlitt
09-08-2004, 05:40 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

damnit... why do you guys all have to show class... I'd love to rip on you and now I can't!! hehe... I'm jk... its good to see other loyal fans even if they aren't fans of my team!

Cuz then we get banned and can't come back and talk smack after we win the game! :lol:

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 06:04 PM
hahaha... good point... although even though I'm a homer I truely believe we will win the game.

VKG4LFE
09-08-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm a homer, and I am pretty positive we will win the game. We better win the game, we are at home and like primetime said, the cowboys DBs (at least one) is banged up. Put Mr. Newman on Mr. Moss and we'll see who wins the battle!!!

Primetime42
09-08-2004, 08:28 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Yeah, I don't know why anyone needs to get mad at primetime, for him having his opinion, that is different than ours. Hey, I know damn well that Moss is a very underrated and good blocker, since I see a minimum of 20 vikes games a year, so primetimes opinion doesn't mean jack to me. But at the same time, he isn't a troll for having his opinion.

Why don't we get back to talking about the actual game, instead of all this dumb crap.

I think the dome gives us a huge advantage over you guys, and an advantage that we don't need. Our D line will be giving vinny fits all game long, especially kevin williams. If you guys get into the redzone, from what I have seen from ted cottrells D in the preseason, vinny will be under pressure from at least one blitzing LB, and most of the time more than one. After seeing vinny play for the jets lately, he just played horrible under pressure, so that is why I see him turning the ball over at least a couple times against our pressure D.

I think our pass offense will have a field day against your secondary. Watch for us to go to 4 and 5 WR sets and hit cambell and/or robinson deep. in the game. I don't see us getting a lot of rushing yards, but enough to force your D to play the run.

As I said before, I think we can really exploit your right side of your O-line, which I think is pretty weak. Are you worried about your right side?As long as Gurode doesn't go into Fuck Up Mode, we're cool. The only real question mark is RT which will be manned by Torrin Tucker or Jacob Rogers. Both have a lot to learn.

TexasCowboy
09-08-2004, 08:44 PM
New to the site here but wanted to wish all the Vikings fans here a good game and lets pray no injuries on Sunday

Good Luck

VKG4LFE
09-08-2004, 08:46 PM
You too Texascowboy!! Let's get a prediction texascowboy! I'm a homer, but I just think this is a game the vikes really need since it's at home and a conference game. Vikes 31-17

LosAngelis
09-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Totally late into the conversation, but I'll tell you what....with our defensive backfield problems, I would have welcomed a guy I hated to come play for us. Deion may have greatly contributed to a lot of what is wrong with the NFL (sharpies and cellphones), but you can't deny the talent.

VKG4LFE
09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
I would agree with you los. I think he'll be a better cb at 37 than probably half the league. That was a good pickup for the Ravens in my opinion!!

ItalianStallion
09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Deion was a waste in Washington, what makes you think he will be any better , after being out of the game for 3 years?

On another note, I hop to God we win on Sunday, otherwise we'll have to deal with Packer trolls, until Monday Night of course.

sdvikefan
09-08-2004, 10:42 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

This is exactly what I was talking about in my other post. Most people who say Randy doesn't block or takes a lot of plays off do not see him play and have no idea what they're talking about. Viking fans who watch the guy every single week have seen what he can do. That's all there is to it.

sdvikefan
09-08-2004, 10:59 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

As I said before, I think we can really exploit your right side of your O-line, which I think is pretty weak. Are you worried about your right side?As long as Gurode doesn't go into F!!ck Up Mode, we're cool. The only real question mark is RT which will be manned by Torrin Tucker or Jacob Rogers. Both have a lot to learn.

Gurode can't handle Kevin Williams alone and you won't be able to double team him with Hovan and Udeze on the other side. Your o-line has some good players but something's got to give.

But, with Parcells running the ball control offense Vinny will no doubt be firing a lot of quick passes to TEs and RBs...like I said before Jason WItten and Julius Jones will be two key players in this game for Dallas to run its offense effectively and keep the Vikes off the field. So Vinny probably won't be hanging in the pocket that long on most plays. I'm a lot more worried about the Cowboys short passing game than their deep pass attack.

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Deion was a waste in Washington, what makes you think he will be any better , after being out of the game for 3 years?

On another note, I hop to God we win on Sunday, otherwise we'll have to deal with Packer trolls, until Monday Night of course.

Because Deion was injured and hobbled - all the years off did were give him time ot heal. He will still be in the upper eschelon of CB's in the league

Primetime42
09-09-2004, 12:18 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

As I said before, I think we can really exploit your right side of your O-line, which I think is pretty weak. Are you worried about your right side?As long as Gurode doesn't go into F!!ck Up Mode, we're cool. The only real question mark is RT which will be manned by Torrin Tucker or Jacob Rogers. Both have a lot to learn.

Gurode can't handle Kevin Williams alone and you won't be able to double team him with Hovan and Udeze on the other side. Your o-line has some good players but something's got to give.

But, with Parcells running the ball control offense Vinny will no doubt be firing a lot of quick passes to TEs and RBs...like I said before Jason WItten and Julius Jones will be two key players in this game for Dallas to run its offense effectively and keep the Vikes off the field. So Vinny probably won't be hanging in the pocket that long on most plays. I'm a lot more worried about the Cowboys short passing game than their deep pass attack.I disagree, to some extent.

I know Williams is a beast. But Gurode has shown, when he really wants to, he can take on some of the best and hold his own. Williams will still do some damage, but I doubt that Parcells is gonna double team him. Of course, if he becomes a problem, George Warhop will put a stop to it somehow.

ItalianStallion
09-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Why are we even talking about Deion? He isn't even going to be a nickle corner on the Ravens.

dan3ski
09-09-2004, 01:16 AM
The Vikings finish off the season at Washington on Jan 2nd. The last time they saw Dion, Moss and Carter had a field day. As I recall Dion even got a facemask call trying to defend Carter.

hawaiianvike21
09-09-2004, 04:43 AM
An alright move by baltimore i guess but i see sanders as an over the hill rated cb at that age after missing a couple of season. I wont be suprised to see him cut if he gets burned badly during the season and suprised to see him last this year and if possible next year. JMO.

casper
09-09-2004, 09:22 AM
man does the song are the stars out tonight come to mind....where did all these cowgirl fans with an attitude come from...

Already on the right All ready on the left All ready on the firing line....

with a Magazine and 5 rounds LOCK and LOAD

Stand by.....

Del Rio
09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
I'll admit Deion is a great CB.
Here goes..........

Deion :pukeright: *Cough* *Cough* oh damn give me a second............... Deion is a :pukeright: ah I can't do it I keep heaving sorry.

He'll have to settle for a good CB

muchluv4smoot
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why are we even talking about Deion? He isn't even going to be a nickle corner on the Ravens.

Sanders is gonna be the nickel CB for the ravens and is a good addition. You asked why he sucked in washington yet we think he is a good addition to balt, well for one, he is now a nickel CB, compared to the #1 guy in washington. 2nd and most importantly, the ravens don't play the same type of coverage, as they did in washington. Deion will always have help over the top in balt, something he didn't have in washington. Also, this new rule enforcement is good for him too. He was never about contact, he just covered guys. I for one, believe ray lewis and brian billick, when they say deion is a good adddition.

Now, do i like the guy, NO. I can't stand him at all. But I do believe that he will be a fine nickel CB, in the ravens style of D.

2fat4uVike
09-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll agree that Deion WAS a GOOD player years back, but at 37 he'll be nothing like he used to be, he11 I'm 37 and I hurt myself just getting out of bed. Time will tell, but I think his time is up.

:cheers: SKOL :cheers:

muchluv4smoot
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
"2fat4uVike" wrote:

I'll agree that Deion WAS a GOOD player years back, but at 37 he'll be nothing like he used to be, he11 I'm 37 and I hurt myself just getting out of bed. Time will tell, but I think his time is up.

:cheers: SKOL :cheers:

Remember, he is only gonna be playing 25 to 30 plays a game, and still ran a 4.37 40, so he still has his greatest weapon for coverage. I think he will be fine at nickel CB, but if they try to use him as a starter, he will get burned a lot.

seekndestroy31
09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"Primetime42" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

But, with Parcells running the ball control offense Vinny will no doubt be firing a lot of quick passes to TEs and RBs...like I said before Jason WItten and Julius Jones will be two key players in this game for Dallas to run its offense effectively and keep the Vikes off the field. So Vinny probably won't be hanging in the pocket that long on most plays. I'm a lot more worried about the Cowboys short passing game than their deep pass attack.

I strongly disagree...

As I have previously mentioned Hovan is a pretty good player, but he's no Keith Millard...Allen and Adams represent the best left side in football...Udeze is a good prospect, but he's a rookie starting in his 1st game against a Pro Bowl LT who outweighs Udeze by nearly 80 Lb's

Adams has very good feet for an aircraft carrier

Hovan wont have a good day against LA

Robaire Smith (now with the Texans), who I consider to be a better player than Hovan, was absolutely manhandled against LA in the preseason..including being pancaked on a pass rush

Kevin Williams, when lined up a LDT, will see double teams all day against Walter/Johnson and Gurode.

Now, Kevin Williams on LA will be fun to watch when KW is shifted to RDT on occasion

I sense the Vikes will blitz to our inexperienced right side to try and confuse and disrupt Walter/Johnson, Gurode and Torrin Tucker

And personally, I just think its just a matter of time before Darrien Scott enters the starting line up..even when Mixon returns game 3..

Del Rio
09-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Our front four should be able to get adequate pressure on Vinny. Our O-line is just like the Cowboys and thier D is fast and extreemly quick to the ball just like ours. This game will actually be a great machup.

Hovan has been an extreem under achiever in his carreer so far and I anticipate with his weight loss, and the constant double team needed on Williams he will have a good season.

They won't bother doubleteaming him though. The left side of the cowboys D is large and talanted, but quickness is a huge advantage on size especially when dealing with the DE positions.

The short attack is scary and something that will need to be watched. I don't think we will have any problem getting to Vinny, but it won't be a cake walk.

Same with Dallas they will be able to put some pressure on pepper as well with thier very talented quick D.

muchluv4smoot
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I strongly disagree...

As I have previously mentioned Hovan is a pretty good player, but he's no Keith Millard...Allen and Adams represent the best left side in football...Udeze is a good prospect, but he's a rookie starting in his 1st game against a Pro Bowl LT who outweighs Udeze by nearly 80 Lb's

Robaire Smith (now with the Texans), who I consider to be a better player than Hovan, was absolutely manhandled against LA in the preseason..including being pancaked on a pass rush

Kevin Williams, when lined up a LDT, will see double teams all day against Walter/Johnson and Gurode.

Now, Kevin Williams on LA will be fun to watch when KW is shifted to RDT on occasion

I sense the Vikes will blitz to our inexperienced right side to try and confuse and disrupt Walter/Johnson, Gurode and Torrin Tucker

And personally, I just think its just a matter of time before Darrien Scott enters the starting line up..even when Mixon returns game 3..[/quote]

Actually I think udeze will see more time at LDE, than he will at RDE, so he won't be going up against a pro bowl left tackle as much as you think. Also I bet we move williams from time to time, to attack that weak right side of your o-line as well. Expect to see claiborne blitzing that right side as well. I just think we wil get a ton of pressure on your right side, and williams will be able to get some pressure, when he is playing RDT as well. I see parcells likes to move winny around a little, so maybe he will be roling to his left a lot, to help take some pressure off the right side???

I also like darrion scott, more than I like chuck wiley. He should be a very good player for us in the near future.

seekndestroy31
09-09-2004, 05:07 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I strongly disagree...

And personally, I just think its just a matter of time before Darrien Scott enters the starting line up..even when Mixon returns game 3..

Actually I think udeze will see more time at LDE, than he will at RDE, so he won't be going up against a pro bowl left tackle as much as you think. Also I bet we move williams from time to time, to attack that weak right side of your o-line as well. Expect to see claiborne blitzing that right side as well. I just think we wil get a ton of pressure on your right side, and williams will be able to get some pressure, when he is playing RDT as well. I see parcells likes to move winny around a little, so maybe he will be roling to his left a lot, to help take some pressure off the right side???

I also like darrion scott, more than I like chuck wiley. He should be a very good player for us in the near future.

Udeze and KW on the strongside with Claiborne blitzing is very sound strategy, especially with the lack of cohesiveness we have with a new RT in Torrin Tucker, and Andre Gurode, a takented OG plagued with mental errors his 1st 2 seasons

To counter, Im sure we will use a TE and a FB to help offset the inexperience we have out there on the right side

This match up is similar to what I believe we will do. Greg Ellis, our strongside DE was moved out to weakside this preseaon...but the plug was pulled on that experiment.

Parcells. in his PC today moved Ellis, our best pass rushing DE, back to the strong side where he will get matched up against Rosenthal....and David Dixon will get LaRoi Glover.

When we blitz, with Ellis and Glover on the strongside, I imagine we will be sending 2nd year LB Bradie James, and a few times, perhaps Kalen Thornton, a training camp revelation, or Roy Williams

RandyMoss8404
09-09-2004, 05:23 PM
The problem is, Kleinsasser/Wiggins can dwarf and block Pat Ngyuen, and when that happens, in the event our line does break down and Culpepper has to scramble, he will do serious damage with your fastest linebacker being blocked off, whether it's through the air or with his feet.

seekndestroy31
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

The problem is, Kleinsasser/Wiggins can dwarf and block Pat Ngyuen, and when that happens, in the event our line does break down and Culpepper has to scramble, he will do serious damage with your fastest linebacker being blocked off, whether it's through the air or with his feet.

Thats why I specifically didnt mention Nguyen

Nguyen and Coakley looked like mosuitos hitting a windshield with the car driving 60 MPH last year...we just didnt have the bigger bodies

...one of the biggest reasons we have brought in LBs (Thornton, Shanle, and James) that are bigger, more physical and dont get knocked around so easy

Blitzing Nguyen is a waste..just like blitzing Coakley