PDA

View Full Version : Maxim's Expose on the "Love Boat"

oddmanout22287
07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Does anyone else on the site read Maxim magazine? I just got the new issue and they have an article that goes really, really in-depth about what happened on Lake Minnetonka with accounts from the boat staff and Moe Williams. I won't go into specifics here, because the stuff they describe is NOT for anyone under 18. If half the stuff in the article is true, though... well, the players deserved every inch of scrutinity they received.

BadlandsVikings
07-26-2006, 03:35 AM
LET THE STUPID BOAT THING DIE!!!! New owner, New everything.

Vikes_King
07-26-2006, 04:24 AM
it'll never die WVV =)

if we won the superbowl this year, the first articles would be something like...

"From Love Boat to Lambardi Trophy"

BadlandsVikings
07-26-2006, 04:26 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

it'll never die WVV =)

if we won the superbowl this year, the first articles would be something like...

"From Love Boat to Lambardi Trophy"I know it won't. It will stick with the team for a long time.

GFreeman44
07-26-2006, 04:28 AM
I'm just mad cause they didn't invite me.

Whatever.......like other players in the nfl are all angels. It just so happens that some of ours got caught. SO WHAT?

Can we please move on!

This is a totally different team!

oddmanout22287
07-26-2006, 04:31 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

LET THE STUPID BOAT THING DIE!!!! New owner, New everything.
Sorry dude. I felt the same way until reading this article, but it really, really shocked me.

Del Rio
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Is it in this months issue?

Benet
07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
"GFreeman44" wrote:

I'm just mad cause they didn't invite me.

Couldn't agree more.

Deadly_Diabetic
07-26-2006, 07:16 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Is it in this months issue?

"oddmanout22287" wrote:

I just got the new issue and...

:wink:

-DD

Benet
07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
While it cannot be posted on this board (for obvious reasons), I'd love to know what Maxim uncovered with regards to the Loveboat Scandal, because to be honest I thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Give a synopsis in the Two Beer Minimum if you can.. I wanna know ALL the sordid details; not just what the Pioneer Press and Star Tribune deem newsworthy.

cajunvike
07-26-2006, 09:37 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

it'll never die WVV =)

"From Love Boat to Lambardi Trophy"

Now THAT would be the ONE article I would LOVE to read about that overreported incident!

oddmanout22287
07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
"Benet" wrote:

While it cannot be posted on this board (for obvious reasons), I'd love to know what Maxim uncovered with regards to the Loveboat Scandal, because to be honest I thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Give a synopsis in the Two Beer Minimum if you can.. I wanna know ALL the sordid details; not just what the Pioneer Press and Star Tribune deem newsworthy.

Seriously dude, some of the stuff they describe is just ridiculous. I would rather not risk incurring the wrath of webby and the mods for posting very adult material in what is a clean forum.

However, I'll shoot you a PM later :lol:

Slade
07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
So who wants to go sailing with the Vikings cheerleaders? Lol

ryanmurphy
07-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I got the new issue on Monday, and that was the first thing I read. I was gonna post it in the two-beers-min. thread because you have to be a Maxim subscriber to access their website, but that article is not accessable online. It went really in depth, and really surprised me. I have to agree with oddmanout about the players getting what they deserved.
However, the only thing that it mentioned about C-Pep was that he was playing dice in the front of the boat, which was his story all along.
Another thing that I didn't realize was that all of the "entertainment" was flown in from right here in Atlanta. I wonder if I have ever encountered any of these girls in my single days when I was known to frequent a strip club or two... Me and some buddies did see Mike Vick when we were out once, maybe they were recomended...

Benet
07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
"oddmanout22287" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

Seriously dude, some of the stuff they describe is just ridiculous. I would rather not risk incurring the wrath of webby and the mods for posting very adult material in what is a clean forum.

Cool! Thanks man..

If the article was included in the UK Maxim I would be sorely tempted to reverse my perception of "lads mags" and buy it, but I doubt an article on the Vikings Loveboat Scandal would feature in the UK Maxim.

Freya
07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Is it an article you might read more than once?

Bdubya
07-26-2006, 11:17 PM
"Benet" wrote:

"oddmanout22287" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

Cool! Thanks man..

If the article was included in the UK Maxim I would be sorely tempted to reverse my perception of "lads mags" and buy it, but I doubt an article on the Vikings Loveboat Scandal would feature in the UK Maxim.

If it's that ridiculous, maybe you could PM it to me too! :lol: :lol:

cajunvike
07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
"ryanmurphy" wrote:

I got the new issue on Monday, and that was the first thing I read. I was gonna post it in the two-beers-min. thread because you have to be a Maxim subscriber to access their website, but that article is not accessable online. It went really in depth, and really surprised me. I have to agree with oddmanout about the players getting what they deserved.
However, the only thing that it mentioned about C-Pep was that he was playing dice in the front of the boat, which was his story all along.
Another thing that I didn't realize was that all of the "entertainment" was flown in from right here in Atlanta. I wonder if I have ever encountered any of these girls in my single days when I was known to frequent a strip club or two... Me and some buddies did see Mike Vick when we were out once, maybe they were recomended...

Was that you I saw over at Cheetah's III...the guy that they had to drag off of the stage? :lol:

cc21
07-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Dude could you pm it to me to? I want to know what went on. So if you get time could you please pm it to me.

jdvike
07-27-2006, 12:46 AM
*edit nevermind*

ryanmurphy
07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
"cc21" wrote:

Dude could you pm it to me to? I want to know what went on. So if you get time could you please pm it to me.

They dont have the article posted on the website, and its quite long. Go pick up a copy. Its not a nudie mag... You dont even have to be 18 to buy it. Its kinda like Cosmo, but for men. Its the issue with the chick from "Snakes on a Plane" on the cover...

NodakPaul
07-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I heard about this on KFAN. They really dissected the article and looked to figure how realistic it was. The "photographer" was actually a New Jersey based photographer. And all of the boat scene pictures are staged "reenactments". The pictures of the "props" were supposedly of the authentic toys themselves, likely pulled from public court records. The vast majority of the article came from an anonymous source, so it is up to you to decide how valid they are.

I will stick to the court testimonies; at least I know they are true. Maxim is a great magazine to read, but I would hardly call journalism. Its stories are more or less mainstream rumors. Some are true, some are only based in truth...

VKG4LFE
07-27-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm gonna "have" to go pick up Maxim now, I hate having to do that! lol