PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Season

CVGVIKE
09-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey y'all. I've been busy with things lately so I haven't been on here that often in the last month. Anyway, I plan on being in the dome on Sunday to watch our Vikes whip the Cowgirls. I'm excited and ready to get this season started. This is going to be a super season!!

And for the heck of it here's my early prediction for the SB matchup....

Patriots or Ravens(leaning toward the Pats) vs. Vikings

triedandtruevikesfan
09-07-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm really excited for the season to begin. I was listening to kfan on my way to work today as I do everyday, but a little later then usual... instead of PA and Dubay, it was the common man. They played some highlights of preason and now I really can't wait for games to count!!!

bigdogbovy
09-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Ravens-Colts AFC champ game
Vikes - Seattle NFC champ game

Vikes Colts SB

pudgesoprano
09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
no a all purple super bowl ravens and vikings

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Indy vs New England (AFC Game)

Indy wins by 3 in OT to Move on to the big dance!

Viking vs Philly (NFC Game)

Vikings put down the eagles 24- 14 to move on!

Vikes vs Indy (SB Game)

In one of the most explosive SB ever played.

And the winner is the Vikes in a 42-37 last team to score win.

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
OK, I am a homer, but you gotta love them Vikes!

SKOL
09-08-2004, 11:06 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I was listening to kfan on my way to work today as I do everyday, but a little later then usual... instead of PA and Dubay, it was the common man. They played some highlights of preason and now I really can't wait for games to count!!!

TNT - How is your KFAN reception? Mine stinks driving across the northern suburbs.

UkViking
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Vikes vColts and the Vikes edge the SB by 5 points with 2 minutes on the clock and hold on to final whistle. :cheers:

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

I was listening to kfan on my way to work today as I do everyday, but a little later then usual... instead of PA and Dubay, it was the common man. They played some highlights of preason and now I really can't wait for games to count!!!

TNT - How is your KFAN reception? Mine stinks driving across the northern suburbs.

Skol, the tower that Kfan broadcasts from was damaged in a storm this spring and I don't think that they have it fixed yet.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Well I live in Princeton... I don't get reception until I get to Elk River, but after that my reception is fine all the way to Eden Prairie!

SKOL
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I'll bet Red doesn't know... I'll tell Red. :roll:

booth@kfan.com... please email them and tell them we're sick of the poor reception.

SKOL
09-08-2004, 11:53 AM
So alright... I didn't mean to speak for everyone... but I sent the following:

I am so sick of the poor reception, I am going to start contacting your advertisers and tell them that my thousands of friends on PURPLEPRIDE.ORG are going to ban their station if it does not get resolved. :wink:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I do NOT want to face the Ravens in the superbowl if we get there anytime soon. Ray Lewis and that D would light us up for our 5th SB loss!! Anybody but the Ravens please!!

whackthepack
09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Skol, the tower that Kfan broadcasts from was damaged in a storm this spring and I don't think that they have it fixed yet.

Skol, heard on KFAN that their tower will be fixed in about a week and they will be back o full power 50,000 watts during the day and 25,000 after dark.

Hope your reception improves when they go back to full power.

Kleinsasser40
09-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Not trying to "rain on anyones parade," I think the Vikes have what it takes to make it to the big show, but if they don't make it who do you think will represent the NFC? Would the Eagles finally make it past the championship game?

SKOL
09-09-2004, 05:48 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Skol, heard on KFAN that their tower will be fixed in about a week and they will be back o full power 50,000 watts during the day and 25,000 after dark.

Hope your reception improves when they go back to full power.

I guess Red felt the pressure. Funny what power the written word holds.

Bleedspurple
09-10-2004, 12:32 AM
I hate them...but why hasn't anyone mentioned the Rams? They are still deadly. Fauk,Holt,Bruce....high powered Off too.

BigEasyViking
09-10-2004, 01:08 AM
This year it will be a rematch of Super Bowl 4 except this time with a different outcome.

Vikes vs. Chiefs

vikes win!

hawaiianvike21
09-10-2004, 02:55 AM
"Bleedspurple" wrote:

I hate them...but why hasn't anyone mentioned the Rams? They are still deadly. Fauk,Holt,Bruce....high powered Off too.

Faulk and bruce are aging and are past there primes, there d will be questionable without lovey smith, bulger throws many picks, turleys out for the season and they have a very idiotic coach named martz. Ie carolina game before ot.

HOlt is still good though, up there with moss but not better then him.

whackthepack
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
"Bleedspurple" wrote:

Their D is not going to be very good this year, a lot of injuries to key personal.

tarkenton10
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Vike4life - The Ravens have a great defense but I don't fear any defense. Our offense can score. It's really hard to tell who would give the Vikes a good game until we see our defense and how the new starters play. Then I will tell you my prediction for the SB. Right now I have to say the Panthers and the Vikes in the NFC Championship game.
Patriots and Ravens in the AFC CG.

Vikes and Pats in the SB

Vikes 35 -31

whackthepack
09-10-2004, 10:38 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Bleedspurple" wrote:

Their D is not going to be very good this year, a lot of injuries to key personal.

More bad news for the Rams on D.

ST. LOUIS (Sept. 9, 2004) -- A day after the St. Louis Rams ' signing of Jason Sehorn fell through, the team re-signed a safety they released only four days earlier.

The Rams signed Justin Lucas and placed yet another safety, Zack Bronson, on injured reserve with an injured left ankle. They also signed running back Stephen Trejo and released tight end Mike Brake, continuing a flurry of moves in the final days before the season opener.

Lucas was released in the final round of roster cuts on Sept. 5. He was at his home in Arizona when the Rams called and re-signed him in time to play against the Arizona Cardinals, his former team, on Sunday.

"I was talking to a couple of other teams and just waited, and the Rams called back," Lucas said. "I was going to jump on the first offer and I'm happy to be a Ram again."

Lucas was surprised the Rams released him Sunday, considering he played extensively in the preseason. He was not surprised the Cardinals released him in June after five seasons, though, because he was bumped well down on the depth chart after signing a contract in March.

"I pretty much knew it was going to happen in Arizona," Lucas said. "Dennis Green, he's trying to basically clean house.

"That is the team that released me so I feel I have a lot to prove."

Sehorn failed his physical Wednesday after agreeing to a one-year contract. He had a second operation on his left foot, broken in the 2003 preseason, in February and the foot bothered him.

Bronson was carted off the field early in his first practice with the Rams after being injured in a non-contact drill. He played his first seven seasons with the 49ers.

Trejo spent the first three years of his career with the Lions. He has played in 46 career games with Detroit after signing as an undrafted rookie free agent.

Brake, an undrafted rookie free agent, was with the Rams for the entire preseason. He caught one pass for 24 yards.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service