PDA

View Full Version : Tim Couch Cut

GreenBaySlackers
09-05-2004, 06:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1875425

:laughing3:

RandyMoss8404
09-05-2004, 07:01 PM
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

LosAngelis
09-05-2004, 07:16 PM
:cry:

ItalianStallion
09-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Well that was a waste, so much for QB of the future. What kind of bonus di dthey give him?

Kleinsasser40
09-05-2004, 09:16 PM
:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

tlk23
09-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Looks like another year of Doug Peterson hold for the kickers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dart18
09-05-2004, 09:56 PM
they just better hope Favre remains an iron man

LosAngelis
09-05-2004, 10:36 PM
No kidding. We lost $650,000 in the deal. Now Indy can sign him without a bonus.

cheesefree
09-06-2004, 12:22 AM
I see the Packers were impressed enough with his 5 yard punts to keep B.J. Sander around. http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

PhillyVikes
09-06-2004, 12:24 AM
wow :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: Packers Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LosAngelis
09-06-2004, 12:48 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

I see the Packers were impressed enough with his 5 yard punts to keep B.J. Sander around. http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

Don't even get me started..... :angryfire:

casper
09-06-2004, 01:47 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"cheesefree" wrote:

Don't even get me started..... :angryfire:

About how bad the coaches are or the player and how any real football fan would trade in Yellow and green :pukeright: :pukeright: for PURPLE and GOLD..come on LA we can change your avator to be like purple :wink: we will still just call you LA...Ain't that right Purple Pride Org.

hawaiianvike21
09-06-2004, 07:54 AM
I had a big feeling he would have gotten cut anywayz after that terrible performance vs the hawks.

purplehorn
09-06-2004, 10:43 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

I had a big feeling he would have gotten cut anywayz after that terrible performance vs the hawks.

Poor decision by the Head folks at the Pack office to sign Couch
his more than 1 INT per touchdown would lead someone with
a small bit of sense to say hey this guy kinda sucks, huh?

triedandtruevikesfan
09-06-2004, 11:46 AM
awwwwwww... the pack looks like they're geared up for a great season... hahahahaha

packmanxxxi
09-06-2004, 02:00 PM
TNT- Explain one more time why you think they will be so bad? Because of inconsistancy at punter?

The Packers have a better RB, better depth at RB, a better QB, better overall WR core (other than Moss of course, who is the best in the NFL), and a better O-line. On defense, the Vikes have a better line, the Packers a better LB core, and the secondaries, without McKenzie goes to the Vikes. If McKenzie comes back its a wash. Special teams- punter goes to Vikes, kicker to... whose your kicker again?

You make fun of our punter... who scores NO points... yet you say NOTHING about your inconsistancies at kicker. You signed CONWAY... hahahhaha.... to say the Packers are so bad is ludicris....

muchluv4smoot
09-06-2004, 02:13 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

TNT- Explain one more time why you think they will be so bad? Because of inconsistancy at punter?

The Packers have a better RB, better depth at RB, a better QB, better overall WR core (other than Moss of course, who is the best in the NFL), and a better O-line. On defense, the Vikes have a better line, the Packers a better LB core, and the secondaries, without McKenzie goes to the Vikes. If McKenzie comes back its a wash. Special teams- punter goes to Vikes, kicker to... whose your kicker again?

You make fun of our punter... who scores NO points... yet you say NOTHING about your inconsistancies at kicker. You signed CONWAY... hahahhaha.... to say the Packers are so bad is ludicris....

We make fun of a punter, because we single handedly saw our punter cost us 2 wins last year. 2 wins kept us from the playoffs and let you guys in. Don't think punters are important to winning games, then maybe ask sherman why he drafted one in the damn 3rd round! If you don't think having trouble at the punter spot, can cost you wins, you didn't see ours last year, and they do cost you wins.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-06-2004, 02:23 PM
We say nothing about the inconsistancies of our kicker? hmmmm... is that remark coming from the "I only see the posts I want" part of your brain... we've been slamming Elling for a long time and I don't believe any of us are convinced that Conway is the solution. However, he is an improvement from Elling as sad as that is.

I personally find it argueable to say that Favre is STILL better then Daunte... however I understand he is the WI god... so if he gets hurt this year then what? Couch obviously wasn't the solution, you've yet to find it. The packers do not have a decent back up for him.

I also don't agree with you having a better o-line or wr's.

pudgesoprano
09-06-2004, 02:28 PM
hey did any one here if nick rogers was really claimed by the packers and if arizona claimed ross?

ItalianStallion
09-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Pacman what it comes down too, is we still have a better offense, and we now have a better defense, 'nuff said.

You do not have better depth at running back, I don't care what you say I challenge you to find one other person (non-packerfan) who thinks that Najeh Davenpot and Fisher are better than Onterrio and Moe. Your O-line is only slightly better than ours and is poised to fall apart next year. We have an O-line that has produced the #1 running game 2 years ago and the #4 running game last year with as you say "inferior running backs".

Nevertheless there is no point in argueing about who has a better offense because we are both at the top of the league. I believe however that we have a considerably better secondary when Brian Williams comes back.

Lets see, you say it is wash when MacKenzie comes back, yah sure. Aintoine Winfield is just as good if not better than MacKenzie. Brian Williams is better than Al Harris, Irvin is better than whoever else you have Hawthorne, or Caroll or whatever. Chavous is as good as Sharper and Russell is better than Roman. Your linebackers aren't that much better than ours, E.J. should play as good as Barnett did last year, Claiborne and Thomas are both playmakers. Hovan, Williams, Udeze are considerably better than Grady Jackson and who ever else you have .

purplehorn
09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

TNT- , a better QB, ....
to say the Packers are so bad is being honest and I don't handle the
truth very well.

A better qb? Favre was 10-for 20 and two int's his last game. Packmann those ARE impressive and I hope he keeps that level of play all year. :roll:

SKOL
09-06-2004, 03:36 PM
XXX maybe you should just give it up for this year. The Pack's not going anywhere, even if they do make the playoffs at 9-7, they'll go on the road, play in a dome, and be done. They'll pick in the middle of the draft, and get another "prospect". The best thing that could happen to you is finish sub 500, and begin the rebuilding now. Maybe in a year or two you can complete. We learned this lesson over the last few years. Now our salary cap is in order, and should be able to make a couple of runs at the Super Bowl.

muchluv4smoot
09-06-2004, 03:39 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Pacman what it comes down too, is we still have a better offense, and we now have a better defense, 'nuff said.

You do not have better depth at running back, I don't care what you say I challenge you to find one other person (non-packerfan) who thinks that Najeh Davenpot and Fisher are better than Onterrio and Moe. Your O-line is only slightly better than ours and is poised to fall apart next year. We have an O-line that has produced the #1 running game 2 years ago and the #4 running game last year with as you say "inferior running backs".

Nevertheless there is no point in argueing about who has a better offense because we are both at the top of the league. I believe however that we have a considerably better secondary when Brian Williams comes back.

Lets see, you say it is wash when MacKenzie comes back, yah sure. Aintoine Winfield is just as good if not better than MacKenzie. Brian Williams is better than Al Harris, Irvin is better than whoever else you have Hawthorne, or Caroll or whatever. Chavous is as good as Sharper and Russell is better than Roman. Your linebackers aren't that much better than ours, E.J. should play as good as Barnett did last year, Claiborne and Thomas are both playmakers. Hovan, Williams, Udeze are considerably better than Grady Jackson and who ever else you have .

Yeah, isn't it weird how the pack have a better QB, RB's, WR's, Te, and O-line than the vikes, yet our offense is the best in the league and not theirs? Weird how that works.

LosAngelis
09-06-2004, 04:01 PM
You know what? This is why we play the games. If we didn't play any games and could just argue about who was better, then this would really be a worthy argument. Let's just enjoy the season and root against the other.

My god, I'm waiting for the Russian judge to hold up an 8.6 on Culpepper and all of you to go crazy and request a double gold medal.

Only one thing matters, and that is the W or the L. To argue opinions is just that, and we may as well be arguing politics and religion for as much as the other side is going to actually give in to the other.

casper
09-06-2004, 04:06 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

XXX maybe you should just give it up for this year. The Pack's not going anywhere, even if they do make the playoffs at 9-7, they'll go on the road, play in a dome, and be done. They'll pick in the middle of the draft, and get another "prospect". The best thing that could happen to you is finish sub 500, and begin the rebuilding now. Maybe in a year or two you can complete. We learned this lesson over the last few years. Now our salary cap is in order, and should be able to make a couple of runs at the Super Bowl.

IT could not have been said any better by any one else Thanks SKOL 8)

and LA said :arrow:
My god, I'm waiting for the Russian judge to hold up an 8.6 on Culpepper and all of you to go crazy and request a double gold medal.

Only one thing matters, and that is the W or the L. To argue opinions is just that, and we may as well be arguing politics and religion for as much as the other side is going to actually give in to the other.

And I said :arrow: That is going on in other threads already and Man LA are they hot there is not one GB fan there either we are really being easy on you guys and killing ourselfs on those threads :shock: :?

Man I love this place 8)

triedandtruevikesfan
09-06-2004, 04:43 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

You know what? This is why we play the games. If we didn't play any games and could just argue about who was better, then this would really be a worthy argument. Let's just enjoy the season and root against the other.

True enough Los, but if the two sides didn't argue back in forth continuously how much fun would this site be? :wink:

packmanxxxi
09-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Los was right- its all about W's now. I do recall that last year the Packers had 10 and the Vikings had 9.

Also- It is widley known around the NFL (outside of Minn) that preseason means nothing. I challenege you to find one preseason year that Favre did great- yet he is still a 3 time MVP with a SB ring and another appearance.

Anyway- we will all agree to disagree.... just get off your high horse before it bucks ya....

LosAngelis
09-06-2004, 09:01 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

True enough Los, but if the two sides didn't argue back in forth continuously how much fun would this site be? :wink:

Oh, shoot. I forgot, TNT. Vikings suck!!!!

Okay, that did feel kind of good. :-)

muchluv4smoot
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Los was right- its all about W's now. I do recall that last year the Packers had 10 and the Vikings had 9.

Also- It is widley known around the NFL (outside of Minn) that preseason means nothing. I challenege you to find one preseason year that Favre did great- yet he is still a 3 time MVP with a SB ring and another appearance.

Anyway- we will all agree to disagree.... just get off your high horse before it bucks ya....

Why do you always have to talk about last year? You do realize that we have a totally different team?

Also, did you guys win the super bowl last year? NO. So your 10 wins meant nothing more than our 9 wins did. You lost to end the season as did we. You lost in a crappy way, as did we.

Let's focus on this season and our new teams.

packmanxxxi
09-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I agree muchluv... problem is, your the only Vikings fan here with enough sense to think that way....

whackthepack
09-07-2004, 01:06 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Los please do not start taking leasons from Texpack or Packman, I do not want to hate you!!!!!! :cry:

Del Rio
09-07-2004, 01:31 PM
It's hard to hold stats up for or against Favre. He is a risk taker and so his highs are huge and his lows are huge. What really sets him apart from pepper is his leadership ability and the ability to run the team and "command" his offense.

I kind of think Pepper just relies too much on the rest of his team to make plays and Favre makes a lot of plays himself. If Pepper matures into a Favre then he will be the best QB around bar none.

Don't get me wrong I hate the pack and Favre in particular but when you watch them as much as we do you get to notice things about them.

As far as cutting Tim, looks like a good move for the Bay. Can't blame them for wanting to get a young guy in there to study under a Vet.

He is a good QB and I'm sure he will pop up somewhere as a starter in the next few seasons.

bigdogbovy
09-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey you guys the pack will finish in the top 4 of the NFC North. You can bank on it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

whackthepack
09-07-2004, 01:48 PM
"bigdogbovy" wrote:

Hey you guys the pack will finish in the top 4 of the NFC North. You can bank on it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

good call big dog!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kleinsasser40
09-07-2004, 02:11 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Yeah, I agree that a preseason does not mean much, it is a good show of the team's depth but thats about it. However, let me ask you this packer fans. If the packers went 4-0 in the pre season and the vikes went 0-4, with all very close games, would you be rubbing it in our face? Yeah, you would! And don't say you wouldn't. We both enjoy the other team's loss no matter if it is preseason, regular season, or post-season. I laugh when i see the pack down at ANY time, and I am sure it is the same way with you.

When the pack loses any game, I smile, when the vikes win any game I smile. When the vikes lose or the pack wins I frown, thats just the way it is. I don't think that this preseason shows that the vikes will do better than the pack, i think the players that we have VS the players that you have will make that difference. However, whatever mockery I would put forth WOULD be attributed to the fact that the packers lost 3 games, and won 1, while the vikes won 2 and lost 2.

LosAngelis
09-07-2004, 04:09 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Los please do not start taking leasons from Texpack or Packman, I do not want to hate you!!!!!! :cry:

TNT made me do it! She peer pressured me into doing it!

whackthepack
09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Ok Los, but I think you should spank TNT!

casper
09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Ok Los, but I think you should spank TNT!

can we verifiy :scratch:

triedandtruevikesfan
09-07-2004, 06:35 PM
hey now!!!! why do I have to be spanked he said it!!!

LosAngelis
09-07-2004, 06:36 PM
I would NEVER spank TNT. Transfer your fantasies on someone else! :-)

triedandtruevikesfan
09-07-2004, 06:47 PM
hahaha... yay...

CVGVIKE
09-07-2004, 07:23 PM
I feel bad for TC but yet I'm glad he's not a Packer anymore. His arm must being killing him because he SUCKED during preseason. I just hope he hasn't lost his confidence. Maybe its a mental thing. But if another team takes a chance on him and he plays like he did in the Packer's preseason, his NFL career is over.

whackthepack
09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I would NEVER spank TNT. Transfer your fantasies on someone else! :-)

Ha my fantasies would be funner than spanking, for both sides!

LosAngelis
09-07-2004, 11:01 PM
TMI, whack, TMI.....:-)

whackthepack
09-07-2004, 11:25 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Los I need help, what is TMI?

RandyMoss8404
09-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Too Many Interceptions

He must be talking about Favre :)

dan3ski
09-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Good thing his last name is Couch because he might end up there watching the games on tv.

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 11:18 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Too Many Interceptions

He must be talking about Favre :)

LOL... that was great!!!!

whackthepack
09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Los I need help, what is TMI?

Ok, I am slow on the uptake but I finally figured it out. TMI=To much information.

Only speaking the truth Los, can't fault a man for that can ya?

triedandtruevikesfan
09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I like too many interceptions better!!