pepper 0n moss
09-02-2004, 09:43 PM
gotta love that red zone D

two attempts for the seahawks

interception by steve martin

blocked field goal by chuck wiley

SKOL
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Very nice. Seems like Seattle's been able to get outside with the rush. Then some bad angles in pursuit (Henderson) gave them some extra yards. Gotta give props to the offense too. They've been trapped deep on their possessions and still moved the ball well (until Frerotte's end zone int).

LosAngelis
09-02-2004, 10:01 PM
You know, Pepper, have you EVER explained this?

"i so crazzy that breanna she dig me like a white boy dig a shovel"

pepper 0n moss
09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
just a lil inside joke b/w me and my fellow buds here in so. cal.

i'll take it off if it offends anyone
=/

it wasn't intended to be racial in anyway

LosAngelis
09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Not offending me, just didn't get it...we Wisconsinites are a little slow sometimes...

pepper 0n moss
09-02-2004, 10:07 PM
hahaha if you want a life story on that, here it goes

i was diggin this one girl at my school for a long time, just never had the cahonas to do anything about it. one day at a bonfire one of my good friends that was friends with her told me that the girl had something for me too. i was quite surprised and i was like fo rizzle?

and she was like yeah. then she looks around and sees a couple kids diggin in the sand, and was like... she digs ya like a white boy digs a shovel

ItalianStallion
09-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Still concerned with our secondary depth. Offord hasn't looked all that good, and neither have ou backup corners.

SKOL
09-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Stalliion, how you able to tune in to the game?

RandyMoss8404
09-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Err, did Moss play? GameCenter has him without a catch, and if Bobby Taylor held him without a catch I'll puke

SKOL
09-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Moss didn't play. Daunte played one series, went 5 for 5, then gave way to Gus. I believe there were 8 starters that didn't start.

You can't get any more meaningless than this game. The pre-season makes me sick.

rjkvikings
09-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Moss, Kleinsasser, and 6 others (can't remember who right now) didn't even suit up for the game. Tice said he just wanted to get through the game without injuries. Birk did start though so he could get some practice.

SKOL
09-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Tice wanted Daunte and Birk to play together.

The first team defense was impressive..., even without starters such as Winfield. The scrubs gave up the points and most of the yards.

ItalianStallion
09-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Yah not many starters played and they were all out after the first series. I live in Calgary, so most of the games we see up here are Seahawk games.

Ned has actually impressed me, he moves alot like Marshall Faulk. granted he hasn't played against starters but still, it is nice to know we have no BAD RBS on our team, cept for Butchie Wallace.

Wiggins has also impressed me with his hands and concentration, not really that fast though. Still he make the catches.

Eiliand has dropped two INTs, though they weren't easy. Still not the best concentration or hands.

I havn't really noticed Ross though, maybe that is a good thing?

All in all this game doesn't really mean anything, cept for those trying to make the roster.

purplepat
09-02-2004, 11:35 PM
The announcers seem to be very impressed by Ross, although he got called for two penalties in the span of three plays (one of which they thought was bogus).

Willie Offord picked off Seneca Wallace in the end zone, preserving a 21-17 Vikings lead.

desertviking
09-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Thank you :P :cheers: :P :cheers:
First Game that we were not able to view out in AZ because of the Republican Convention!!!
We are able to pick up Channel 5 on the sattelite but I cannot find channel 45.

So thank you and not that it matters but the little I wish I was a team cardinals killed the broncos

dan3ski
09-03-2004, 12:34 AM
All in all the Vikings back-ups did not do a bad job except for the penalities. The specials teams did play much better in this game.

jackyl
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
I thought Ross looked like chit... penalties and good beat a few times as well.

ItalianStallion
09-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Hoag looked pretty good on returns

SKOL
09-03-2004, 12:46 AM
I hope the starting DB's do a better job of holding onto balls than the scrubs. 10 balls must have went through their hands.

pepper 0n moss
09-03-2004, 01:41 AM
we didn't get to see conway kick a FG

casper
09-03-2004, 03:27 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

I hope the starting DB's do a better job of holding onto balls than the scrubs. 10 balls must have went through their hands.

Hey it nice to hear that at least they are getting to the ball this year....not that I was able to hear about or see last years games, but from what you have said they had blinders on and couldn't even find the gridiron let alone a ball

so it sounds like a big inprovement :sunny:

thanks everyone for the updates

whackthepack
09-03-2004, 09:41 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

The announcers seem to be very impressed by Ross, although he got called for two penalties in the span of three plays (one of which they thought was bogus).

Willie Offord picked off Seneca Wallace in the end zone, preserving a 21-17 Vikings lead.

The 1st penalty Ross chucked the receiver clearly within the five yards and did not touch him after that, so it was a bad call (showed replay and it was obvious). The next play the refs called a holding penalty on Seattle as a make-up call.

The other Ross penalty was legit!

whackthepack
09-03-2004, 09:48 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

I thought Ross looked like chit... penalties and good beat a few times as well.

Sorry Jackyl gotta disagree, he was tight on alot of his coverages and for someone getting his 1st extensive playing time with a new system I thought he did ok. 1 if the penalties was a bad call.

Conway was short on his 1st 2 kickoffs and started to get them deeper after that and he made all 3 extra points. Hopefully he can shack the rust off and start drilling his kickoffs (supposed to have a strong leg).

dan3ski
09-03-2004, 11:49 PM
whack I must agree with you on Conway he did losen up as the game when on.

PacNWVike
09-04-2004, 12:15 AM
"pepper 0n moss" wrote:

gotta love that red zone D

two attempts for the seahawks

interception by steve martin

blocked field goal by chuck wiley

I drove three hours with my daughter to watch the game in Seattle. Missed the first quarter. :( Seattle traffic blows worse than LA's...

Hill impressed me. Secondary wasn't impressive at all. D line rush was average. No sacks. The hit ol' 97 put on the Seahawk at the end of the game was awesome, though illegal. The 15 yard penalty probably cost us the game as it put them in FG position. A black coach called 97 over to the sideline and after ripping his headphones off (the coach's) screamed at him for a while. I was impressed with #7's receiving and ball returns, and 49 did some good too. Best of all, I was very happy to once again see all the purple jerseys in the Seahawk stadium! Skol Vikings!!!