PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good for Cowboys game.

dan3ski
08-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.

VikingsTw
08-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Well its not as bad as u all think are LB corps is healthy all the secondary but B. Williams, (and note this that Ken Irivn and A. Winfield played together in buffalo as starting CB's and held down the #1 defense in the league I'm not worried) Defensive line can servive without Mixon for 2 games we are good. The offensive will have Birk back, we went 6-0 with moe as our primary RB last season and MM can fill in for what Onterrio did, plus hes better on screen and catching the ball out of the back field. I'm not worried one bit about Dallas, we will trash them in the dome.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 03:21 PM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Looks like M Bennett will miss the first month of the season and it leaves Moe Williams as the Vikings starting back for that time as O Smith's suspension will also be taking place then. then there is the suspension on the defensive side of the ball as well and several injuries there.

What happened to 1-3 weeks? It is still 2 weeks until the regular season starts, so that leaves one week at most. Did I miss something?

tdawg0002
08-29-2004, 03:45 PM
actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 05:36 PM
"tdawg0002" wrote:

actually, the new report is that he will be out at least the first week, but could be out for up to three weeks. the sooner he comes back, the worse the chance of reinjuring it. since he has had injury problems in the past, i would think they would take their time and make sure he is healthy. he sprained the MCL.

I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 05:42 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"tdawg0002" wrote:

I don't get why they were reporting 1-3 weeks on ESPN? The way it sounds, it will be 1-3 regular season weeks, which is more like 3-5 weeks.

I remember when people were wondering why we used a 4th on mewelde moore in this years draft. Bet those guys are happy as hell now that we have mewelde.

What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1870150

vikings_fan66
08-29-2004, 06:11 PM
even with Bennet gone for the opener we will do fine. Good thing we didnt trade our excess runningback depth or we may have been in some trouble.

Cul2Moss84
08-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Passing>Running :)

Big Daddy
08-29-2004, 07:08 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"tdawg0002" wrote:

What is with this article then on ESPN.com? In it, Tice said that bennett is a little iffy for the opener, and that was after the MRI was taken. A little iffy doesn't sound like he thinks it is too bad.

All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 08:11 PM
"Big Daddy" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"tdawg0002" wrote:

All I've ever heard is that he is questionable for Dallas and that it isn't that serious. Where are people coming up with this 1-3 weeks of the regular season?

Viking update is making it sound like it is a lot worse. Same with the star article.

hovan
08-29-2004, 08:17 PM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Get a Grip Ski, The Vikes went 6-0 without Bennett last year. Its all about the line, both the O and the D. Were going to dominate those Cowgirls! :king:

sdvikefan
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"dan3ski" wrote:

Get a Grip Ski, The Vikes went 6-0 without Bennett last year. Its all about the line, both the O and the D. Were going to dominate those Cowgirls! :king:

Yeah but none of those teams had a defense nearly as good as Dallas.

mucluv: I totally agree about Moore. Not only could he possibly get lots of carries in the opener, he could also be the top kick returner.

I have my doubts about Tice, but honestly we have had a couple amazing drafts under him.

packmanxxxi
08-29-2004, 11:16 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

I have my doubts about Tice, but honestly we have had a couple amazing drafts under him.

Is that including the ones that you missed your picks???

RandyMoss8404
08-29-2004, 11:17 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

Is that including the ones that you missed your picks???

I think he was gunna let that go, unless you were going to include the draft where you traded up to draft a punter who averaged 36.5 yards on 10 punts?

dan3ski
08-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Parsells know how to win his line will probably do a good job protecting the QB even if it is testarevty. I Will be happy with a 1 point win. Then in week 2 the Vikes go to Philly a tough way to start the season without 5 starters

dan3ski
08-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I just rechecked my source and Viking Update says he will miss up to 3 regular season games and possibly more

AngloVike
08-30-2004, 03:10 AM
Well as good as Bennett is we can cope without him for a few weeks. Williams can step into the starting spot without a problem and Moore is a good backup and will be looking to push himself up the depth chart that little bit more. If the OL play as they can do then the gaps will be there for the RBs to hit - least we're not in the mire in the same way as Miami we do have depth and I'm glad we do.
Given the trade rumours that were circulating a few weeks back we could have traded ourselves completely out of contention for the NFCN this season

hawaiianvike21
08-30-2004, 04:11 AM
THis is just begining to look like last year all over again with smith out as well. Why does this always happen to us during the beginning of the year. :angryfire:

We just better hope williams doesnt get hurt since he is 30 or somewhere around there or else Moore will be the starter for us. :shock:

casper
08-30-2004, 05:19 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Parsells know how to win his line will probably do a good job protecting the QB even if it is testarevty. I Will be happy with a 1 point win. Then in week 2 the Vikes go to Philly a tough way to start the season without 5 starters

You said it SKI :? but also a good point :| if and when all goes well, :-k the confidence the team should have will be fanfrickentastic :headbang:

whackthepack
08-30-2004, 11:01 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

I just rechecked my source and Viking Update says he will miss up to 3 regular season games and possibly more

Sorry, I am getting conflicting info that says he will be back game 2 and that he could possibly play game 1 but that they will keep him out just to play it safe.

purplepat
08-30-2004, 11:51 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

It wasn't a problem at the beginning of last season! The Vikings started 6-0 without Bennett, and Smith didn't play that big of a role early. Moore is looking very good as well. If the O-Line blocks well, the Vikings will be able to run for enough yardage to keep the defenses honest, at the very least.

Brian Williams may be able to play in a nickel role for the opener. I think we can survive without Mixon for two games.

Yes, the Vikings won't be at full strength, but barring any more injuries or suspensions, I think they can weather what the football gods have dealt them to this point.

whackthepack
08-30-2004, 12:42 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

"dan3ski" wrote:

It wasn't a problem at the beginning of last season! The Vikings started 6-0 without Bennett, and Smith didn't play that big of a role early. Moore is looking very good as well. If the O-Line blocks well, the Vikings will be able to run for enough yardage to keep the defenses honest, at the very least.

Brian Williams may be able to play in a nickel role for the opener. I think we can survive without Mixon for two games.

Yes, the Vikings won't be at full strength, but barring any more injuries or suspensions, I think they can weather what the football gods have dealt them to this point.

I agree with you PurplePat, by the 3rd week we should have everyone going but toker boy Onterrio and we should be rolling along.

dan3ski
08-31-2004, 02:35 AM
I hope the Vikings do well but with all the changes in the first four weeks it might take them time to jell as a unit.

hovan
08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
THey are Going to Crush the Cowgirls!!! :cheers:

The eagles might be a little more of a challenge UNLESS the TOSS to MOSS is unleashed!!!

Can't wait for KICKOFF!!!

enlvikeman
09-01-2004, 12:13 AM
I think we'll beat Dallas. If we beat Philly at home on a Monday night we'll have momentum the rest of the season.