PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else upset that..

GQVikesfan
08-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Marcus Robinson was a bust? I had high expectations from him and he let me down.. I mean come'on injuries are injuries I know.. and He needs to be rested to play in the regular season but, it seems like he aint doin sh**. We have Nate Burleson as #2 now and thats ok, but we paid Marcus 9mill for 4 years and basically we are going to pay him to sit on his a$$. Hopefully Nate can get some pressure off of Moss.

ItalianStallion
08-27-2004, 03:50 PM
I think it is a little early to state that, I heard he should be ready the first or second game of the season, but won't be #2 for obvious reasons. Anyone know the signing bonus we gave him?

muchluv4smoot
08-27-2004, 04:21 PM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

Marcus Robinson was a bust? I had high expectations from him and he let me down.. I mean come'on injuries are injuries I know.. and He needs to be rested to play in the regular season but, it seems like he aint doin sh**. We have Nate Burleson as #2 now and thats ok, but we paid Marcus 9mill for 4 years and basically we are going to pay him to sit on his a$$. Hopefully Nate can get some pressure off of Moss.

Wow, are you serious dude? It is the 3rd week of preseason and he is already a bust?? I would rather have him sit out and get his hamstring healthy, then play injured and get hurt much worse. I think a lot of people are overeacting to him, because of what happened with derrick alexander. Just wait guys, before you start labeling him a bust. Alexander retired after his failure here, but robinson has many good years left in him, provided his knees stay healthy. We are lucky to have burleson. Remember that we did have the #1 offense in the league last year, with burleson and cambell as our #2 adn #3 WR's and without bennett for most of the year. I wouldn't worry too much if burleson and cambell are our #2 and #3 for a couple games, while robinson gets healthy.

Some players can play hurt, and some can't. Robinson is a guy who has been hurt the last 3 years, so it is probably better he doesn't play with a sore hamstring. If it was a guy like moss or burleson, who didn't have a history of injuries, then they could possibly play, but I wouldn't risk robinson. Give him some time, he will have some big games for us this year, unlike bates and alexander of the last 2 years.

purplepat
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey, I saw the guy catch a 55 yard pass from Frerotte in the first preseason game. I don't see how you call that "a bust".

It remains to be see when/if/how much Robinson plays, but I believe he will be a vital cog in the Vikings offensive machine this season.

GQVikesfan
08-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Well I hope all of you guys are right. I really want the Vikes to go all the way this year. Even if they just go to the playoff's I'll be happy. I still have a sour taste in my mouth ever since the Cards knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs last year (I was there). We have a better defense now and I know that we were rated #1 offense last year with Moss, Nate and Campbell.. but we did spend money on Robinson to contribute and make us even better. I will retract my previous statement about Robinson being a bust but I am still skeptical.. Hopefully our team will click this year and bring us home a Superbowl trophy.

muchluv4smoot
08-27-2004, 04:56 PM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

Well I hope all of you guys are right. I really want the Vikes to go all the way this year. Even if they just go to the playoff's I'll be happy. I still have a sour taste in my mouth ever since the Cards knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs last year (I was there). We have a better defense now and I know that we were rated #1 offense last year with Moss, Nate and Campbell.. but we did spend money on Robinson to contribute and make us even better. I will retract my previous statement about Robinson being a bust but I am still skeptical.. Hopefully our team will click this year and bring us home a Superbowl trophy.

It is easy to see how you can be skeptical, but just give robinson some time. He may not play in every game, but he will give us some big games this year when he does. As long as some of those big games are in the playoffs and during the super bowl, I will be happy.

bigdogbovy
08-27-2004, 05:39 PM
no

shockzilla
08-27-2004, 06:14 PM
I hardly think Robinson can be called a bust at this point :roll:

For crying out loud, it's the preseason - are you going to call Birk a bust just because HE'S hurt? Or how about Moe Williams?

Let's wait until at least the real season starts before we start calling him a bust.

Or did you not see what he did in the Atlanta game? Granted, he may be a little injury-prone, but a bust? Not yet...

sdvikefan
08-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Agreed, give him some time. Took him a little while to get going last season too.

muchluv4smoot
08-27-2004, 11:55 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Agreed, give him some time. Took him a little while to get going last season too.

Hell, after the way burleson played tonight, I have no problem letting him sit out for awhile and get 100% healthy. Burleson looked awesome tonight!

jackyl
08-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Nate is a very solid #2 guy.

thepacksux
08-28-2004, 12:36 AM
nate looked fantastic tonite, he is exactly the type of receiver we have needed in this offense since carter and even jake reed were around. A receiver with good hands who is a precise route runner. guys like that who can work the middle are very valuable and with culpepper threading the needle thus far, look for burleson to have a great year, regardless of whether he is 2 or 3. besides vikes play with 3 receivers sets 60 - 70% of the time anyways so that is more or less a formality than anything.

UTVikfan
08-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Strange, last post I have read on Burleson, people thought he was a bust, hahahahha. Course that was back around draft time. So it goes. I agree way to early to call Robinson a bust, and I am glad Nate stepped it up. Gonna be a fun year. Especially if Robinson is healthy, and wants to win back the #2 spot.

Kleinsasser40
08-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Robinson seems a bust, but when he becomes healthy things may turn around with him, anyway, i think burley is a totally capible if not a good #2 reciever, he's got great hands.

duffVIkEs
08-28-2004, 05:37 PM
marcus better step it up in the regular season

duffVIkEs
08-28-2004, 05:37 PM
marcus better step it up in the regular season

vikings_fan66
08-28-2004, 06:27 PM
marcus isnt a bust but he is a dissapointment that he is already hurt and is missing games. But he still has time to turn it around. Injuries arent nesscarilly his fault either. Just bad luck I guess

VKG4LFE
08-28-2004, 08:23 PM
After I got so excited about getting bates and then alexander, I didn't get excited about Robinson. I'm more excited about Burleson. He is going to be the next CC!!

sdvikefan
08-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I've been a big fan of Burleson since he was starting opposite Moss early last season. While he didn't make a huge impact his rookie year, the coaches were very impressed with what a hard worker he is and his attitude on and off the field. I remember reading an interview with him by his local paper in Vegas and he talked about how excited his family was for him when the Vikes drafted him, and how much he admires Randy Moss. This is a great kid and I'm so glad we got him. He will turn out to be a very good receiver.

I'm also fine with him as the #2 guy but I also want Marcus to get up to speed on the offense because I really think he can take a lot of pressure off Moss.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 03:30 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

marcus isnt a bust but he is a dissapointment that he is already hurt and is missing games. But he still has time to turn it around. Injuries arent nesscarilly his fault either. Just bad luck I guess

This isn't all at you vikings_fan66:

I wouldn't call him a dissapointment either. The guy has a sore hamstring, like a ton of NFL players right now, and is resting it to be 100% by the time the regular season starts. Lets not overreact this early in the season, or I should say preseason. Let the guy play some regular season games before he is labeled anything. It isn't like, if it were the regular season right now, that he wouldn't be out there playing.

I here now on espn, that there is talk of labeling mike vick injury prone, because he sat out last nights game to rest his sore hamstring, PLEASE. I hate preseason, all these stupid breakdown of games and how people get all excited when guys sit out meaningless games to rest sore body parts. Everyone(espn and other so called NFL experts) always gets excited about guys who do good in preseason, and all of a sudden say they are stars. Example: Willis McGahee. What the heck has he done, that would make anyone think that he should start over the 2 time pro bowl RB, travis henry? God I get sick of that question being asked to every damn NFL expert! I just can't wait until the regualr season starts and all this preseason crap is over with.

tdawg0002
08-29-2004, 04:07 PM
i totally agree. the preseason is a bunch of crap, but is important for the backups to establish themselves. mcgahee shouldn't be starting over travis henry. should something happen to henry i believe he should get a shot, but until then he needs to do what every other young player does and sit on the bench and learn the way the game should be played.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 05:47 PM
"tdawg0002" wrote:

i totally agree. the preseason is a bunch of crap, but is important for the backups to establish themselves. mcgahee shouldn't be starting over travis henry. should something happen to henry i believe he should get a shot, but until then he needs to do what every other young player does and sit on the bench and learn the way the game should be played.

Yeah, I don't know what all these "so called experts" are looking at when they say that McGahee looks great and has a legit shot at starting? Are they watching him run in preseason? I have, and all he does is pretty much run straight ahead. You can tell he won't try any big cuts or moves on his knees. Everyone knows it takes 2 years to recover from that knee injury, and he isn't anywhere near ready to be a starter in the NFL, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

vikings_fan66
08-29-2004, 06:22 PM
You bring up some good points Muchluv. But I dont think the preseason is crap. It just needs to be shortened its too long. It should be only 2 games.

The big problem with the pre season is people put to much into preseason games. Such as the Mcgahee situation or the Vick one.

muchluv4smoot
08-29-2004, 08:14 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

You bring up some good points Muchluv. But I dont think the preseason is crap. It just needs to be shortened its too long. It should be only 2 games.

The big problem with the pre season is people put to much into preseason games. Such as the Mcgahee situation or the Vick one.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not saying the preseason is pointless. There is definitely a need for the preseason. I just get sick of all the talk about guys who have a few good preseason games, or guys who sit out to rest small injuries.

casper
08-30-2004, 02:41 AM
he must be into carma kind thing he stated in an interview post on here somewhere that he needs to be 100% lets give the man his due but at the same time from what I have heard oh nate could be the man at # 2 things are going looking pretty darn good this year