PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for tonights 49ers game

whackthepack
08-27-2004, 11:01 AM
What do you think our 1st string offense and defense will do against the niners? And how will special teams and 2nd & 3rd stringers do :?:

purplepat
08-27-2004, 11:45 AM
The 49ers should be absolutely stomped by the Vikings tonight. Both the 49ers 1st and 2nd string QBs will not play because of injury. That leaves a practice squad guy and a rookie to QB the Niners tonight. And Julian Peterson will not suit up as well.

Barring turnovers, the Vikings should shut out the Niners in the first half. The offense should get the ball back after numerous three-and-outs, and probably should rack up 24-28 pts. in the first half.

SKOL
08-27-2004, 11:55 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

Barring turnovers, the Vikings should shut out the Niners in the first half. The offense should get the ball back after numerous three-and-outs, and probably should rack up 24-28 pts. in the first half.

Gotta rack up some points early because our third stringers will be outscored 2 to 1. I really wish these games counted for something. I'll be there tonight because I spent $360 (season tickets) for four tickets to a game that the Vikes really aren't even going to try to win.

There, I've vented. :blackeye: :D I feel better.

little redhead
08-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah I was wondering how people felt about tonights game. I mean it isn't even going to be a game really. When you talk about playing against a qb who is on the practice squad I think they said hasn't even taken a snap in like two years. Kind of sad I guess we will see if this game proves they have learned not to play down to their opponents level. They should win this with one hand tied behind all their backs and they better or I will be disgusted I don't want to see the same thing happen as happended last year against bad teams.

muchluv4smoot
08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

The 49ers should be absolutely stomped by the Vikings tonight. Both the 49ers 1st and 2nd string QBs will not play because of injury. That leaves a practice squad guy and a rookie to QB the Niners tonight. And Julian Peterson will not suit up as well.

Isn't Ken dorsey gonna play? I thought he was their #2 QB or is he their 3rd QB? They have been pretty good with him at QB so far in the preseason.

I wanna see how good our D is at stopping barlow. He is my breakout player at RB this year. I wanna see if we can shut him down. It shouyldn't be too hard, with their lack of a passing attack. Should be an easy game for our 1st string, but then we get into our crappy CB's and they will probably do whatever they want against them.

It is the 3rd preseason game, when most coaches play their starters for at least a half. Has anyone heard Tice comment on how long they might play? Since we should be killing the 49ers quickly, they might not play near as much as they usually would?

little redhead
08-27-2004, 12:14 PM
The starters are suppose to play the whole first have and then a series each at the start of the third. But he said it isn't set in stone but that is his plan right now.

little redhead
08-27-2004, 12:15 PM
perhaps I should spell correctly I was typing faster then I was thinking. That should be first half not first have.

PacNWVike
08-27-2004, 12:27 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

What do you think our 1st string offense and defense will do against the niners? And how will special teams and 2nd & 3rd stringers do :?:

I dunno... :? Without Mr. ME ME ME ME ME Terrel Owens on the sideline "verbally motivating" the niner offensive coordinator they don't have a chane! :pukeright:

thepacksux
08-27-2004, 01:46 PM
vikings 38 san fran 17

shockzilla
08-27-2004, 01:51 PM
SF will be down to their 3rd or 4th string QB most likely for most of the game - Vikes 31, SF 10

triedandtruevikesfan
08-27-2004, 02:09 PM
:( I'm gonna miss it cause its my friends bday tonight, but its not gonna be a good game anyways! Well actually I take that back, I love seeing the boys hook up for touchdowns time and time again. 2 more weeks guys!!! Then it counts!!!

RK.
08-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Vikes- 31
49ers- 3

whackthepack
08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
"RK" wrote:

Vikes- 31
49ers- 3

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

Very good question RK, have never pondered that question. :salute:

bigdogbovy
08-27-2004, 05:39 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"RK" wrote:

Vikes- 31
49ers- 3

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

Very good question RK, have never pondered that question. :salute:

And it weren't adam and Steve you frenchy same sex marriage cheese eating surrender monkeys

whackthepack
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
I am hoping that the Vikes 1st string D holds the niners to less than a 100 yards in offense for the first half, and to only a field goal. Would love to see our outstanding offense put up 3 TD's, a field goal, and 225 yards at least.

I am an optimist!

whackthepack
08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
[/quote]

And it weren't adam and Steve you frenchy same sex marriage cheese eating surrender monkeys[/quote]

Big dog who are you talking to?

RK.
08-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Here in N CA where I live, (about 2.5 hrs east of San Francisco) there isn't much excitement among the 49er faithful about the game tonight. Mostly I hear "its just a pre-season game, doesn't mean anything". When I ask them what about after pre-season they mostly look at the ground and mutter something about it being a rebuilding year. :evil4:

For me, last year, the one bright spot was that the Raiders and Niners sucked so bad I didn't have to catch much grief after the loss to Arizona. :D

bigdogbovy
08-27-2004, 06:50 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

And it weren't adam and Steve you frenchy same sex marriage cheese eating surrender monkeys[/quote]

Big dog who are you talking to?[/quote]

Just ranting!!! :king:

whackthepack
08-28-2004, 01:59 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I am hoping that the Vikes 1st string D holds the niners to less than a 100 yards in offense for the first half, and to only a field goal. Would love to see our outstanding offense put up 3 TD's, a field goal, and 225 yards at least.

I am an optimist!

We came close, if Moss hadn't fumbled and Elling could kick :angryfire:, and we hadn't had the TD called back in the 2nd quarter we would have been real close to these numbers (not to pat my self on the back, but pat pat pat) :wink:

If they can put it together for a whole game, It's going to be a fun year! :cheers: :D :thumbleft: