PDA

View Full Version : pro bowl predictions

Vikes316
06-12-2006, 12:11 AM
lets say hypothetically yhte vikings have 4 players voted to the pro bwol this year, who do you think they will be?

this is kind of a tough call but i will say
1. steve hutchinson
2. pat williams
3. antoine winfield
4. darrens sharper or koren robinson (one of them will make it but im not sure who)

ultravikingfan
06-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Add Birk.

Not AW.

Tanner_QBRB8
06-12-2006, 12:55 AM
if only four i think it will be

1.Steve Hutchinson
2.Tony Richardson
3.Kevin Williams
4.Tank Williams (who i think is going to have a monster year)

V4L
06-12-2006, 01:02 AM
1. Hutch- Top notch guard in the league

2. Big Mac- Gonna show people he is a beast this year

3. Birk- Always there

4. Richardson- Top FB.. And will play a huge role

5. My boy Sharper- Obvious reasons

These are the only people I really see making it.. Unless K-will can rebound he won't be there

V4L
06-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh my bad I seen that u only said 4..

Take out Richardson outta mine then!

Perch56
06-12-2006, 01:13 AM
1. hutch
2. sharper
3. richardson
4. k rob(depends on the season he has)

farvathevikinglover
06-12-2006, 01:36 AM
1.Hutch
2.Birk
3.Sharper
4.Richardson

other possibilities: K-Rob, one of the Williams, Wiggins (Brad likes to throw short, Wiggy will be his favorite target, and he's led the team in receptions the past two years, although I admit he's probably a long shot)

PurplePride80
06-12-2006, 01:41 AM
1. Steve Hutchinson
2. Darren Sharper
3. Kevin Williams (he will do much better, than he did last season)
4. Matt Birk

VikingKen
06-12-2006, 02:04 AM
1. Steve Hutchinson
2. Darren Sharper
3. Matt Birk
4. Jermain Wiggins

ultravikingfan
06-12-2006, 02:37 AM
The only problem with Birk is that Chicago has Kruetz.

And I do not see Wiggy going. The NFC is loaded with TE's...a ton who get far better numbers that Wiggy.

ZDoy379
06-12-2006, 02:48 AM
1.Steve Hutchinson
2.Matt Birk
3.Bryant McKinnie
4.Darren Sharper

No Tony Richardson because of Mack Strong.

I also believe we will have more than 4 Pro-Bowlers because our line will be great this year!

VikingsTw
06-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Two Words. Antoine Winfield, bottom line is the guy gets ripped off almost every year, when your getting 4 to 6 pics and year and over 90 tackles, COME ON!!!

Most of it has to do not being on a big wig team with a 11-5 record.

Pat Williams got ripped off last year, if he plays another year like last hopefully he gets in.

If i was to pick one person for sure I'd go with Kevin Williams, last year he was really slowed by the injury, but toward the end of year he looked like the Kevin of old, sometimes single handedly owning on his own. Bar none a top 3 DT in the league.

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield
4)Bryant Mckinnie (at time totaly dominating, seems as if he's more motivated and focused then ever, Contract Year)

DarrinNelsonguy
06-12-2006, 03:06 AM
I think our Pro Bowlers will be

Hutchinson (LG)
Sharper
Kevin Williams

ZDoy379
06-12-2006, 03:53 AM
I thought McKinnie was good until 2008?

PurplePeopleEaters
06-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Well there are a few players that I think will get the respect that they deserve this year. I also think that we will have more than 4 pro bowlers.

1. Kevin Williams. This guy is going to be a top 3 defensive tackle easily next year. He has all the tools, finally has a decent coordinator.. He should really be the kevin of old. Look for 65 tackles and 12 sacks next season.

2. Matt Birk. Birk is a pro-bowler year in and year out. Although he is coming back from an injury, this year should not be an exception.

3. Steve Hutchinson. Just like Birk, he is one of the better interior lineman in the NFL. Look for him to have a season like his usual self.

4. Antoine Winfield. Finally getting the respect he deserves. I think that Antoine will have a 90 tackle, 8 pick season and maybe some sports writers will finally give him the credit he deserves.

5. Bryant Mckinnie. Playing alongside Birk and Hutchinson will really cater to the underachievers abilities. I think he can be a dominant tackle in this league he just needs the proper coaching.

6. Darren Sharper. Sharper will have another fabulous season with 7 or 8 interceptions.

Honorable Mentions- Troy Williamson- Yes, troy not koren. My prediction is that troy finishes the season with just under 1000 yards in the new west coast offense. He has great speed and just needs to learn how to run his routes. Maybe having an offensive coordinator NOT named steve loney will help that.
Jermaine Wiggins- He will again have a close to pro bowl season but won't be good enough to make it in.
Pat Williams- Solid player, but doesn't get the stats that people like to see in pro bowl players. He will have 70 or so tackles and a couple of sacks.

PackSux!
06-12-2006, 04:04 AM
This will blow a few minds.

1. Tony richardson. ( he is the best fullback in the league)
2. Steve Hutchinson
3. Brad Johnson
4. Erasmus James
5 Chester Taylor

gabe_menendez
06-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Darren Sharper
Steve Hutchinson
Koren Robinson
Kevin Williams

ultravikingfan
06-12-2006, 04:36 AM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

Two Words. Antoine Winfield, bottom line is the guy gets ripped off almost every year, when your getting 4 to 6 pics and year and over 90 tackles, COME ON!!!

Pat Williams got ripped off last year, if he plays another year like last hopefully he gets in.

If i was to pick one person for sure I'd go with Kevin Williams, last year he was really slowed by the injury, but toward the end of year he looked like the Kevin of old, sometimes single handedly owning on his own. Bar none a top 3 DT in the league.

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield
4)Bryant Mckinnie (at time totaly dominating, seems as if he's more motivated and focused then ever, Contract Year)

As far as "covering" he needs work on that. Tackling he is solid.

howkings
06-12-2006, 04:42 AM
1. Brad Johnson
2. Bryant McKinnie
3. Steve Hutchinson
4. Antoine Winfield

MplsViking
who is the vikings offense coordinator again? is it that bevel guy from GB or is he just our qb's coach?

thetrenches68OL
1. Pat Williams
2.Hutchinson
3.Kevin Williams
3.sharper
4.richardson
5.koren (KR) only

DarrinNelsonguy
06-12-2006, 04:55 AM
"MplsViking" wrote:

who is the vikings offense coordinator again? is it that bevel guy from GB or is he just our qb's coach?

Bevell is our offensive coordinator and Kevin Rogers (formerly of Va Tech) is our QB coach

ThorSPL
06-12-2006, 05:01 AM
Offense:
Birk
Hutchinson
Richardson

Defense:

K-Will
Winfield will deserve it but not get in cause of popularity contests

E-James will be close but not make it; along with possibly one more d-lineman.

MensaTice
06-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Brad Johnson
Tony Richardson
Birk
Hutch
Erasmus
Longwell

Vikes_King
06-12-2006, 06:24 AM
"thetrenches68OL" wrote:

1. Pat Williams
2.Hutchinson
3.Kevin Williams
3.sharper
4.richardson
5.koren (KR) only

they've announced koren will not be doing KR any more, mewelde moore and i believe dustin fox? are both practicing in that position right now; i can see moore making the pro bowl as KR

these are the players i think have the best chance of making it, not saying ALL of them probably will, just those i think might

Offense:
Birk - out to prove he's still got it after 2 iffy seasons
Hutch - out to prove exactly why we showed him the $$
Mount McKinnie - contract year, and working beside these two..
Richardson - he's an amazing fullback working behind a (potentially) amazing o-line
T-Will or K-Rob - one of them will break out this year, time will tell which
Chester Taylor - if the line/richardson live up to expectations, he's as good as in

Defense:
Kevin Williams - he'll be back in his old form, along side erasmus & pat
sharper - he'll put up big interception numbers/returns like always
antoine or smoot - if smoot plays like the guy we payed for he could make it, antoine deserves it, but idk if he'd get voted in

other:
Kluwe - he rocks my socks and will be back healthy and as good as new <3

etc:
erasmus james / who ever plays our MLB =) i just want them to do well lol, but idk, dont see either getting picked

longwell - good enough to be in it if he lives up to his old self, but we wont be kicking many field goals, all touchdowns baby :lol:

edit: Brad Johnson i can see putting up good enough completion % and pretty damn good numbers with k-rob/twill long and reliable recievers like wiggins/taylor/etc, but i dont see him getting quite high enough numbers to be chosen into the pro bowl, even if he led us 12-4 or better, he could be MVP and i doubt he'd get selected, idk, just dont see it happening

thetrenches68OL
06-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Why do people keep saying brad is going pro bowl next season??? i just cant really see it happening

V4L
06-12-2006, 06:27 AM
I really only see 2-3 people from the Vikes making it in..

Vikes_King
06-12-2006, 06:29 AM
haha yea probably, but i like to be extremely optimistic

V4L
06-12-2006, 06:32 AM
HAHA Vikes_King

Just looked at ur list.. About 10 ppl there that's awesome

I dunno we ussually have a decent team.. And have like 2-3 ppl go only..

Birk.. Hutch.. And someone else im sure

MplsViking
06-12-2006, 06:38 AM
birk
hutch
sharper
pat williams

MensaTice
06-12-2006, 06:38 AM
"thetrenches68OL" wrote:

Why do people keep saying brad is going pro bowl next season??? i just cant really see it happening

If the Vikes dominate this year its reasonable to believe that the starting QB would be in the pro bowl. Brad won't make it there on stats but I listed him because I'm optimistic about the team's success

DiehardVikesFan
06-12-2006, 07:57 AM
1. Birk-o lineman make pro bowl based on reputation, he will be there if he plays.
2. Hutch-same
3.Kevin Williams-sacks get you in the pro bowl
4. sharper-picks will also get you there

Pro Bowl is a joke anyway though

shawn
06-12-2006, 08:43 AM
I will be shocked if Hutch. and Birk dont make it in. Sharper has a clear shot at it as does at least one of the Williams. You would think that with all of the probowl we have been talking abot our O linethat Chester Taylor would come u more often?? If Birk, Hutch, and Mount Mickinnie due what we say they are going to do ,..................somebodys gonna get the rock and run with it a bunch?? So being the glass is half full kind of guy that I am I will have to say Chester Talyor at least gets a strong look!!!

whackthepack
06-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Should make it:

Sharper
Hutchinson
Longwell
Kevin Williams
Pat Williams

Players I think will play well enough, but not get the recognition they deserve:

Erasmus James: next year he is there (12 sacks this year).
Kenechi Udeze: recovers from the injury bug and gets 9 sacks.
A Winfield: has the numbers and should be there, but he is slighted again.
Tank: Has outstanding season but doesn't get the votes he should.
McKinnie: has good season and plays well enough.
Chester Taylor: has more than a good season but doesn't make it.
Greenway: very strong 2nd half of the season, will be there next year.

TheKnuck
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
you guys are leaving out mr. brad johnson. he's gonna have gannon like numbers!!!!!!

DiehardVikesFan
06-12-2006, 07:39 PM
"TheKnuck" wrote:

you guys are leaving out mr. brad johnson. he's gonna have gannon like numbers!!!!!!

I hope he doesn't, cause that means we are throwing way too much (assuming you mean Gannon's Oakland years)

VikingsTw
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

See i still don't get this arguement, Winfield has exeptional coverage skills, year before last he gave up one TD, last year wasn't all that bad either, if he does give up yardage they don't make it very far after that.

ultravikingfan
06-12-2006, 09:35 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

See i still don't get this arguement, Winfield has exeptional coverage skills, year before last he gave up one TD, last year wasn't all that bad either, if he does give up yardage they don't make it very far after that.

He gave up quite a few yards this year. Which game was it where he was dusted a lot?

I like the guy a lot. But a common misconception is that he is an above average cover guy. He has never been even in college. He is average.

cajunvike
06-12-2006, 11:58 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

He gave up quite a few yards this year. Which game was it where he was dusted a lot?

I like the guy a lot. But a common misconception is that he is an above average cover guy. He has never been even in college. He is average.

Yeah, but he's one heck of a tackler!

RandyMoss8404
06-13-2006, 05:08 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

I'd contest that statement. Our system placed Winfield out of position a lot last year - the year before that, he only gave up a single touchdown THAT WASN'T ACTUALLY A TOUCHDOWN :-p. Winfield is a well above average cover guy, I'd take him over any corner that's not named DeAngelo or Champ.

ultravikingfan
06-13-2006, 05:55 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

I'd contest that statement. Our system placed Winfield out of position a lot last year - the year before that, he only gave up a single touchdown THAT WASN'T ACTUALLY A TOUCHDOWN :-p. Winfield is a well above average cover guy, I'd take him over any corner that's not named DeAngelo or Champ.

I guess we will have to wait and see if a new system will help him; the system last year did not.

I just think that a lot of people (nobody specifically) see the hits and great tackles and automatically assume he is a great CB. I remember watching last year him whiff on quite a few plays.

DiehardVikesFan
06-13-2006, 06:02 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

I guess we will have to wait and see if a new system will help him; the system last year did not.

I just think that a lot of people (nobody specifically) see the hits and great tackles and automatically assume he is a great CB. I remember watching last year him whiff on quite a few plays.

I just want to point out that our pass rush was lacking last year, and that makes it hard for any corner maintain coverage. The more time the QB is on his a$$, the better. Hopefully that will be the case this year

VikingsTw
06-13-2006, 06:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

I love the way Winfield tackles, specifically i'm sure your talking about me, there is no automaticly with me, just because wiggins has great hands doesn't make him a great blocker, I can tell weakness's and strengths of several players i've watched, i tape the games, i pay attention to detail and Winfield is not JUST average cover corner, like the other guy said there are only a couple CB's in this league i would take over winfield. I do believe Winfield is a top 5 CB, maybe a bit of a homer but as far as overall game he's a great player. He makes a big impact for our defense AND specail teams.

ultravikingfan
06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

1)Kevin Willaims
2)Hutchinson
3)Winfield

I love the way Winfield tackles, specifically i'm sure your talking about me, there is no automaticly with me, just because wiggins has great hands doesn't make him a great blocker, I can tell weakness's and strengths of several players i've watched, i tape the games, i pay attention to detail and Winfield is not JUST average cover corner, like the other guy said there are only a couple CB's in this league i would take over winfield. I do believe Winfield is a top 5 CB, maybe a bit of a homer but as far as overall game he's a great player. He makes a big impact for our defense AND specail teams.

Thats fine with me. Hey, I love the guy. I just remember watching the games thinking, "dang...not again!" I really focused in on him this past year and I know he can do better. I think that last year probably was not his strongest and yes he can be a top 5 CB in the league.

I remember his at OSU and he was a hitter, never really the lockdown coverguy.

PurplePeopleEaters89
06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
1) Steve Hutchinson (he is just a beast inside)

2) Pat Williams (he should have made it this year)

3) Bryant McKinnie (he gets better just by having Hutch)

4)Jermaine Wiggins (WCO uses the TE alot more than the old offense)

i was thinking about adding Birk in their but he hasn't played in a while and i don't know how his injury has affected his game!!! But if everything pans out well then he will definately become a Probowler!!! Wiggins had a good season last year, but he didn't have enough TDs to become a pro bowler with the WCO, Brad will throw the ball more to him in the RZ!!!

WBLVikeBabe
06-13-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't make predictions until I see them play. Although I know my boy Sharper will for sure be there! :lol:

cwvikes
06-13-2006, 04:38 PM
if hutch, birk, and mckinnie all make the pro bowl look for c. taylor to be there to unless he splits time with moore

cajunvike
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
What the heck...I predict that all 22 Vikings starters will make the probowl...plus the punter, kicker, returners and the special teams representative!!! :evil4:

BigEasyViking
06-13-2006, 05:39 PM
This is who will go to Hawaii:

RB - Chester Taylor
OG - Hutch
C - Matt Birk
DT - Pat Williams
CB - Antoine Winfield

You can go ahead and write that down!!!!

whackthepack
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

What the heck...I predict that all 22 Vikings starters will make the probowl...plus the punter, kicker, returners and the special teams representative!!! :evil4:

I am leaning that way myself Cajun, and I figured we would have at least 2 special teamers make it and a couple backups as reserve. So I say we have 26 Viking in Honolulu this year.

ancoin
06-13-2006, 08:04 PM
1, Fat Pat
2. Kevin Williams
3. Hutchingson
4. Chad Greenway ( i know but look. Everyone are looking for a rookie just se Lights out last year. Greenway will be DROY

DarrinNelsonguy
06-13-2006, 08:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Let's just hope that Childress isn't doing the coaching because then that would mean we lost in the NFC title Game! lmao

vikes09
06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
1. kevin williams- with out a doubt. he missed alot of conditioning time with his injury, and once he got into football shape late in the season he acted like his old self.

2. pat williams- recieved alot of attention at the end of the season, might make it in.

3. hutchinson- will make it off of reputation, like most other pro-bowl lineman

4. birk- will hopefully have a long, injury-free year!

5. chester taylor- behind our line he should have some pretty good numbers.

6. darren sharper

7. tank williams- the big-hitting safety always get in cough*brian dawkins*

8. kenechi udeze- ONLY if he can stay healthy!!!!!!

fromos
06-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Well there are only 6 people on the team who have ever been selected to the Pro Bowl:
1)Brad Johnson
2)Tony Richardson
3)Steve Hutchinson
4)Koren Robinson
5)Matt Birk
6)Darren Sharper

Hopefully they will all stay healthy because they will be counted on. If they do any one of them could be in the Pro Bowl.

We can also hope for Pro Bowl performances from Chester Taylor (a tough spot to get at runningback but with Richardson blocking, a West Coast system opening up the running lanes, our O line, and his talent it may be possible), McKinnie (Hutch and Birk will raise his stock), and Erasmus James (I read he may have a breakout year). Let's hope we got our money's worth with Greenway too.

JDogg926
06-13-2006, 08:35 PM
It's tough to say, it all depends on health, winning, playing time, and which guys produce to their full potential. Guys that definitely have a chance:

K. Robinson
B. Johnson
C. Taylor
M. Birk
J. Wiggins
S. Hutchinson
T. Richardson
B. McKinnie
M. Moore
R. Longwell
C. Kluwe
P. Williams
K. Williams
A. Winfield
D. Sharper

However, I don't see us putting more than 3 or 4 guys in the probowl.